NATION

PASSWORD

[R] Personal attacks

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
User avatar
-Ocelot-
Minister
 
Posts: 2026
Founded: Jun 14, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

[R] Personal attacks

Postby -Ocelot- » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:03 am

A user is attacking me and another user for an opinion we expressed and claims we are trying to derail the thread.

viewtopic.php?p=37792146#p37792146

Chechnya had freedom, and promptly invaded Dagestan, a part of Russia. Didn't work out. And what small nations does Russia hold hostage? Have you actual polling results, or are you just using anecdotal evidence to talk out of your ass in yet another attempt at "Russia bad" to drive this thread off topic, Ocelot? If Russia annihilated ISIS Worldwide, you and Insaanistan would be talking about how mean that action was, and how not all of ISIS were the bad guys. If Russia cured cancer, you'd find something nefarious about that too.


Edit: Same user made this post, attacking me more than attacking the argument, again. He seems to have a personal beef with me, for whatever reason.

viewtopic.php?p=37792245#p37792245
Last edited by -Ocelot- on Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Shofercia
Post Czar
 
Posts: 30158
Founded: Feb 22, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Shofercia » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:27 am

The minute I appeared in the thread, Ocelot, you started to attack Russia, in an attempt to use moderators as weapons, and here you are:

-Ocelot- wrote:
Shofercia wrote:Can't say that I like the direction that France be-heading.


Doesn't Russia hold hostage an entire nation where Islamism thrives (Chechnya)?


That's the first post. I made a completely innocuous joke, and you proceeded to accuse Russia of harboring terrorism in Chechnya. That's the very definition of baiting. And it wasn't the first time you pulled that stunt. You then proceeded to make the thread about Russia, sending me a clear message:

"if you, Shof, post in thread that I, Ocelot, don't want you to post in, I'll start attacking Russia, even though it's completely off topic!"

Here's yet another, off topic, baity post:

-Ocelot- wrote:
Insaanistan wrote:
Russia holding Chechnya hostage is one of the main reasons terrorists are so prevalent there. If you hold a people hostage and limit their freedom and erode their culture, they’re more susceptible to terrorists.


I agree, Chechnya should become a free nation, along with all other small nations Russia holds hostage to this day.


What do other, nonexistent, small nations have to do with a terrorist attack in France? Nothing. You saw me post, and you had one goal in mind: bait me, report me, use moderators as weapons, and get me warned, because when you genuinely try to debate me, Ocelot, this happens:

Shofercia wrote:
-Ocelot- wrote:
Labor camps? No, never again. Let's not revive that system there, or anywhere else for that matter. It belongs to the past.


So then you'd be against the prison system in California that Kamala Harris protected, right Ocelot?

https://www.newsweek.com/prison-slavery ... or-1093729

The protests have focused national attention on work conditions that prisoners call "prison slavery." Convicted criminals in government-run correctional facilities cook food, perform janitorial duties, wash laundry and conduct a range of other daily operations necessary for prisons to function.

The vast majority of the country's working prisoners, who do their jobs without labor protections, perform maintenance activities for their detainment facilities. But prisons throughout the country also function like factories, with inmates manufacturing myriad products that are sold to government agencies and, to a much lesser extent, nonprofits. Despite their labor, inmates receive little, if any compensation for their work. This cheap and unpaid workforce, experts say, allows correctional facilities to operate.


Free labor, little or no protections, a death rate higher than those infected by COVID-19, sounds like a labor camp to me!

https://prospect.org/justice/how-kamala ... locked-up/

As California attorney general, she spent years subverting a 2011 Supreme Court ruling requiring the state to reduce its prison population. The overseeing judicial panel nearly found the state in contempt of court... Working in tandem with Gov. Jerry Brown, Harris and her legal team filed motions that were condemned by judges and legal experts as obstructionist, bad-faith, and nonsensical, at one point even suggesting that the Supreme Court lacked the jurisdiction to order a reduction in California’s prison population.


Can't let go of that sweet, sweet, sweet prison labor. And since you're shocked about Labor Camps, Ocelot, as you say "never again" and you're not at all using a French Tragedy to take potshots at Russia, I'm sure that you'll be so appalled by this, Ocelot, that you'll vote and support a third party in November, right? After all, as you said - "Never Again!"


And since you cannot outdebate me, you attempt to bait me, and then run to the mods and attempt to use them as weapons. As for the second post, that's a blatant attack on Kamala Harris' prison policies, and last time I checked, Kamala Harris' prison policies isn't a user on NSG. But isn't it interesting that the minute you got outdebated, you ran the mods.

You didn't post this after the initial offending post, Ocelot. You posted it after your point was annihilated, yet again. And yes, when you respond to me, I respond to you. That's known as debating, it's not a personal beef.

Edit: With that said, let's take a look at the alleged offence:

or are you just using anecdotal evidence to talk out of your ass in yet another attempt at "Russia bad" to drive this thread off topic, Ocelot?

That's a question, it's not a flame. If you would've said:

"are you just using anecdotal evidence to talk out of your ass in yet another attempt at "Newsom bad" to drive this thread off topic, Shof?"

that would've been perfectly fine. Saying "you're always talking about of your ass" is flaming. Saying "are you attempting to talk out of your ass" isn't, since that's pointing out that, even though as a user you can make good argument, you aren't doing that at the moment.
Last edited by Shofercia on Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
What's more offensive to you: teacher being beheaded for free speech or rich guy not paying taxes? Oh yeah, rich guy's name's Trump - still think you don't have TDS?
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
If we tell the radical Republicans that there's proof that Global Warming doesn't exist in Death Valley, and the radical Democrats that there's proof of Russian Collusion there, would we have a better America?

(North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia! DonBass is De Facto Independent! Stand with NovoRossiya!
Tecumseh was a Real American

User avatar
Xykonero
Attaché
 
Posts: 83
Founded: Oct 18, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Xykonero » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:29 am

#beefbout2start
Heavy WIP atm
Onions have layers,
DOLPHINS have LAYers (of blubber).

Don't forget crows and apes, they're sapient too!
The Anarcho Transhuman Juche Bio-Posadist (Inter)Nazbol Lunar Empire of Xykonero
A cosy but powerful nation on the terraformed moon.
Population: 25,500,870
Capital: Posadasia
Emperor: Comrade High Commander Ail E.N. Posadas
A 10.25 civilization, according to this index.
Endorsed by the North Korean Olympic Rugby Team.
Unironic Posadism Discussion Thread | Religion is nonsense. | Who am I a puppet of?

User avatar
Farnhamia
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 107369
Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Farnhamia » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:43 am

Xykonero wrote:#beefbout2start

*** Warned for spamming Moderation ***
Wash Your Damned Hands!

Freedom ... or cake. ~ Ashmoria (RIP)
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo

User avatar
Farnhamia
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 107369
Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Farnhamia » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:45 am

-Ocelot- wrote:A user is attacking me and another user for an opinion we expressed and claims we are trying to derail the thread.

viewtopic.php?p=37792146#p37792146

Chechnya had freedom, and promptly invaded Dagestan, a part of Russia. Didn't work out. And what small nations does Russia hold hostage? Have you actual polling results, or are you just using anecdotal evidence to talk out of your ass in yet another attempt at "Russia bad" to drive this thread off topic, Ocelot? If Russia annihilated ISIS Worldwide, you and Insaanistan would be talking about how mean that action was, and how not all of ISIS were the bad guys. If Russia cured cancer, you'd find something nefarious about that too.


Edit: Same user made this post, attacking me more than attacking the argument, again. He seems to have a personal beef with me, for whatever reason.

viewtopic.php?p=37792245#p37792245

Not actionable. Put him on ignore. The same goes for you, Shofercia.
Wash Your Damned Hands!

Freedom ... or cake. ~ Ashmoria (RIP)
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo

User avatar
-Ocelot-
Minister
 
Posts: 2026
Founded: Jun 14, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby -Ocelot- » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:48 am

Thanks for taking a look at it.

User avatar
Shofercia
Post Czar
 
Posts: 30158
Founded: Feb 22, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Shofercia » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:16 pm

Thanks for taking a quick look at it Farn!
What's more offensive to you: teacher being beheaded for free speech or rich guy not paying taxes? Oh yeah, rich guy's name's Trump - still think you don't have TDS?
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
If we tell the radical Republicans that there's proof that Global Warming doesn't exist in Death Valley, and the radical Democrats that there's proof of Russian Collusion there, would we have a better America?

(North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia! DonBass is De Facto Independent! Stand with NovoRossiya!
Tecumseh was a Real American


Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Advertisement

Remove ads