NATION

PASSWORD

Nomadium: A Fantasy Adventure | OOC & Signups (OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Aona
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Nomadium: A Fantasy Adventure | OOC & Signups (OPEN)

Postby Aona » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:15 am

Once, gods of many names trod across the badlands, canyons, and plains of Majrya. They carved great cities out of mountains and caverns, and forged mighty tools of magic unknown to us. Perhaps they used this power freely, without care. But these days are long gone. No gods are left, if there ever even were any. And magic?

Magic is a poison.

You may have met a mage before. They are rare, but found easily enough: An absentmided slip into contact with one of the many magical artifacts scattered across Majrya could grant one powers or weapons bound exclusively to their essence. Do you wonder why no knights dare go near a flaming sword, or an energy bow of great devastation? It's because they wouldn't dare become a mage.

Magic, you see, was not made for men. It corrupts us; tears our flimsy physical forms in an effort to exert itself. Mages will fade away in a matter of decades. While a healthy man could live into a ripe old age, a mages are lucky to find gray in their hair before being consumed. The degradation is painful, from what I've heard. A harsh life, one I wouldn't wish on anyone. Is magic contagious? Perhaps. Rumors have spread far and wide of death and sickness from interaction with mages. It's all speculation, of course, but it hasn't stopped some from barring their doors to magic folk.

But not all is lost for these poor souls. Lords and Ladies still possess high demand for magical artifacts, of course. As do some religions, who believe mages are sent from above to deliver the gods' artifacts from their resting places. Mage organizations offer work and kinship, and those that know nothing but adventure turn to the Guild of the Arcane Nomads, or just the Nomads for short. These mages delve deep into dungeons and wilds to locate magical artifacts, employing their skills to combat beasts and anomalies of an arcane nature for those that push them away. They may not be welcome outside of their local chapters and hideaways, but they certainly make a fair bit of coin in their field.

Here in Calary, a bustling economic oasis in the Canyonlands, a once-dead chapter is finally being revived. Will mages appear seeking glory, treaure, peace? Will they find it?

Welcome to NOMADIUM. In this world, a realm known as Majrya, magic can be a powerful ally...at a devastating cost. The most abnormal of degenerative diseases, magic grants incredible abilities through spells or artifacts, but painfully erodes the core of one's humanity..As a mage facing social paranoia and discrimination, you have turned to becoming a Nomad: A treasure-hunting member of a society of magical mercenaries, used by collectors, royalties, and churches alike. It's a hard life, but those who do well are paid generously for their efforts.

You begin in the city of Calary, as a founding member of the newly-reformed Calary Chapter of the Guild of Arcane Nomads. Unknown to you, a simple job will lead you on a quest to prevent fanatical cultists from awakening a long-slumbering evil. Until then, however, you should meet your fellow guildmates and prepare for a job!

◤ The Rules ◢
► No Godmodding, Metagaming, or Railroading without prior group discussion.
► No One-Line posts. Even just a bit of description in diologue makes a big difference.
► Respect the work and the person behind the work.
► If you feel the need to leave the RP, let me know! We will figure out a way to pause or eliminate your character(s).
► Implication(!!) of sex is allowed, but please keep it very vague, and consensual. Fade to black rule.

Calary is an oasis of trade, religion, diplomacy, and society in an
unforgiving region of Majrya. Surrounded by the Canyons that line
the realm's north, winters are harsh and summers are scalding. Like
many Majryan cities, a small oligarchy of noble families have
created a de facto rulership through their economic and military
forces, creating a new class of monarchs.

Artifacts from the gods can be found in ancient cities, forests, caves,
and other unexpected places. Their allure is as strong as their danger,
often readiating a blue aura-like particle and emitting the sound of
gentle chimes. Artifacts can be tools or clothing, which upon contact
will become soul-bound to their user, or more abstract totems or relics.
In these cases, contact with the artifact will grant intrinsic powers within
the user's body, which must be discovered afterwards. Whether or not artifacts
are abandoned, kept, or shared, one they contact a human, the effects are
irreversible: the artifact has chosen to store its power within the user.

Majrya is a massive realm,
organized loosely into a confederation of citystates. These states tolerate the
existence of others merely due to economic and geographical factors, which
have prevented a unified kingdom for centuries. Remnants of godly infrastructure,
such as massive roads, aqueducts, statues, and bridges, have been used as
landmarks and imperial backbones for centuries. The geography of Majrya
is relatively arid, comprising mostly of plains, canyons, badlands, mountains,
and beaches. (Think Northern Arizona within the USA).

Nomads almost always come from very low background, as either birth or
their new circumstance has forced them out of common society. Mages cannot be
automatically detected, but their haggard features and conspicuous items
typically draw the suspicion of the unfriendly public. Not every mage recieves
power useful in warfare; indeed, many of them utilize their skill to become
excellent scholars, homemakers, and explorers. The Nomads employ all,
utilizing a semi-democratic system of job postings and guild consensus to
form a mini-society within some of the seedier taverns and inns within
Majrya. They often only work in official capacity, as law enforcement
is hard to shake off without some form of government approval. Guilds
often die out, due to a catastrophic expedition, being driven out of the
city, or simply from quietly fading away.

THE APPLICATION:
Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Class:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Magic Item or Ability:[/b]
[b]Weaknesses:[/b]
[b]Bio:[/b]
[b]Additional info:[/b]

What all this Means:
Name: Obvious. Make sure it makes sense, thematically.
Age: No minors or elders allowed. Keep it within reasonable age, given magic's effects on the body.
Class: If you are a conventional wizard (spellsets and such), put "Spellcaster." Otherwise, feel free to employ any class you like.
Appearance: A picture is preferred, but not necessary.
Personality: What is your character like?
Magic Item or Ability: Spellcasters: What abilities does your character have as a mage? If not a spellcaster, what arcane armor/weapon/gear do you possess and what does it do?
Weaknesses: What are your character's flaws?
Bio: What has their life been like so far, in a short paragraph?
Additional info: Anything else you need to mention.

MY APP(s):

Name: Tyner Derroga
Class: Grandmaster (Tactician/Leader)
Appearance:

Personality: Tyner is a quiet, reservered, and seemingly disinterested man, cynical from his many years adventuring. Under the most intense situations, he typically remains calm and collected, constantly trying to analyze a plan for the best strategy. He collects texts of history and literature obsessively - in fact, there isn't much he DOESN'T do with a maniacal focus (despite what he presents). He is commanded by a strong sense of duty, and has an almost fatherly affection for those under his command.
Magic Item or Ability: Golem: Tyner can morph into a magical construct oh his choosing, capable of extreme offensive attacks. This causes incredible wear-and-tear on his body however, and can knock him out for hours or days, if he's not careful. As a result, he prefers to rely on conventional attacks.
Weaknesses: Awkward, Second-Guesses himself, Weak in Battle
Bio: Tyner cannot remember a time when he was not a mage. In reality, he most likely became one around age 15, when he stole a small glowing orb from a jeweler's safe. After displaying the symptoms of a mage, Tyner's life of petty crime ended, and he was thrown out onto the streets of Allatag. With nowhere to go, he turned to the local chapter of the Nomads, where he became fascinated by magical artifacts and their properties. After many years of service in many chapters (though he always seemed to return to Allatag's service), Tyner is the leading expert in Arcane Oddities in the Nomads. He has been sent by the nomination committee of the Guild to oversee the newly-founded Calary chapter, a city he has not seen in some time.
Additional info: N/A

Last edited by Aona on Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
:^)

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:29 pm

Tag for interest. You got my attention.

I don't normally do fantasy RPs and I have no idea what kinds of classes there are for mages but I'm willing to learn...
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

Aona
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aona » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:11 am

Talchyon wrote:Tag for interest. You got my attention.

I don't normally do fantasy RPs and I have no idea what kinds of classes there are for mages but I'm willing to learn...

Doesn't have to just be mages! You can do the standard warrior, archer, thief, etc. Nomads are just considered "mages" by default, since they interact with magic.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:35 am

Aona wrote:

Doesn't have to just be mages! You can do the standard warrior, archer, thief, etc. Nomads are just considered "mages" by default, since they interact with magic.

Excellent. That gives me an idea then.

Also, does the poison of magic not only affect the deterioration of the body, but also the mind?
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:02 pm

Well this was unexpected. Regardless, it's nice to have you back. I'll read through everything tomorrow probably because it's getting late here.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Aona
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aona » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:19 pm

Talchyon wrote:
Aona wrote:Doesn't have to just be mages! You can do the standard warrior, archer, thief, etc. Nomads are just considered "mages" by default, since they interact with magic.

Also, does the poison of magic not only affect the deterioration of the body, but also the mind?

I would say that depends on the type of magic. It's likely that powers coming from within - and not, say, from an external object - would likely have some effects on the mind.

Lunas Legion wrote:Well this was unexpected. Regardless, it's nice to have you back. I'll read through everything tomorrow probably because it's getting late here.

Good to see ya, chief :D Looking forward to seeing what you come up with, as always

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:37 pm

Aona wrote:
Talchyon wrote:

I would say that depends on the type of magic. It's likely that powers coming from within - and not, say, from an external object - would likely have some effects on the mind.

Lunas Legion wrote:Well this was unexpected. Regardless, it's nice to have you back. I'll read through everything tomorrow probably because it's getting late here.

Good to see ya, chief :D Looking forward to seeing what you come up with, as always

I was thinking an archer with a lunar energy type of bow and arrows, whose energy shots never miss when he's fully charged with light from the moon, or if it's a full moon. But his power wanes when his lunar charge is going lower. Side effects would be both physical and mental.

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:09 pm

Name: Amira "Berokson"
Class: Mage Knight/Spellcaster
Appearance:

Personality: Amira is a confident, bold woman with something of a temper. Due to many years of mercenary work, she has gotten quite masterful at the art of interacting with others. She's charming, charasmatic, but in the face of conflict her ability to keep her cool leaves something to be desired. She has no desire to remain in on place, and in fact detests being forced to do so. She also happens to have something of a gambling addiction, enabled by her uncannily good luck. She acts very carefree, however, this is a guise, as she lives in constant regret due to past losses.
Magic Item or Ability: While she has a list of spells at her fingertips, she prefers to wield her sword, Requiem, into battle.
ImageImage
Requiem is not incredibly special in and of itself, other than that it has the ability to absorb and retain various charms for incredibly long periods of time. By casting enchantments upon the weapon, Amira can store large amounts of magical energy and channel this into powerful attacks that combine magical energy with her own physical ability. Her weapon can also absorb energy from incoming magical based attacks, allowing it to build up and be released back. However, most often she just wields it as if it was a normal sword, as she dislikes relying on magic to fighter her battles and will avoid doing so in most situations. The weapon refuses to harm her, and will not even scratch her if someone were to attempt to use it against her.

-Sagittae: A simple bolt of magic that can travel long distances and pierce armor. Travels at about the average speed of a bolt fired from a crossbow, but travels in a straight line until it makes impact, unnaffected by gravity.
-Retrieve: Calls back items that she has marked with a special rune directly to her hand by saying their name. She typically uses this to recover her sword if she is disarmed.
-Mend: Can heal minor wounds. While it's incredibly inneffective at patching internal injuries, it can stem the flow of blood from an open wound or possibly reset a dislocated arm or something of that nature.

Weaknesses: Amira has a tendency towards overconfidence, and will oftentimes find herself in over her head. She has a stubborn refusal to wield magic unless she deems this entirely necassary.
Bio: Growing up an orphan, Amira learned something about the world rather quickly. If you don't adapt, you dont survive. From the time she could walk, she was taught by the people around her that if you dont take advantage of opportunity (most often steal) then you would die. Until the age of 6, she was out on the streets, having never known any family aside from the rats she she slept among. Then, a miracle happened. She was taken in by a gruff mercenary named Berok, who taught her the ways of the blade. Her training payed off, earning her a place in the small mercenary group he fought with. The men of Beroks company, and the jobs they embarked on taught her not only of lifes difficulties but of the joys and pleasures of the world as well. By age 18, she was known as one of the most experienced fighters in the company, and was as well known as her adoptive father. However, tragedy struck as Berok's company was hired to lead a raid on a bandit infested fortress in Majrya. The fight ended in disaster as a man wielding a shining sword, a magic user who had become the leader of the bandits through force, slaughtered the men of her company ruthlessly. It was only by sheer luck that the man was distracted for just long enough by Berok himself that Amira ran him through the chest. It was too late to save her father however, as he had sustained a fatal blow. He died in her arms. Pained by this loss, she took the blade of the man who killed her father in order to use it upon herself, however, the weapon would not allow her to use its edge to take her life. Instead, she was suffused with magic power. As much as she hated and feared this new power, she took it upon herself to keep on living in her fathers name, and that of all her allies she had lost.
"Dying is not very sex." - Some idiot, 2020

I prefer she/they pronouns, and I enjoy not having to debate people over whether or not they should respect that. If they/them pronouns aren't something you're cool with, just use she/her. Thanks! -That same idiot, 2020

Without further ado:
ANIME TIME :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3

Barapam
Minister

Founded: Aug 04, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:55 am

Is this human-only?
"nah man the path to true freedom is tsarist national bolshevik posadist monarchism with Japanese influence as is practised in Barapam." - Vladilan

Aona
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aona » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:45 pm

Barapam wrote:Is this human-only?

At the current time, yes.

Haedros 92712 wrote:Name: Amira "Berokson"

Accepted!

Talchyon wrote:
Aona wrote:

Excellent idea! Can't wait to see it

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:43 pm

Aona wrote:

Alright then. Here goes...

Name: Phrygian Gotuddr
Class: Archer
Appearance:Image
Personality: Reliable, loyal, objective and analytical, but also fearful about what he is turning into due to the magical poison inhered in himself. Fearful about the fact that he may never be able to win back his wife's trust - or the acceptance of her powerful father.
Magic Item or Ability:
  • Lunar Bow. Phrygian can conjure up a bow made of energy stored up from the moon. Both the bow and the "arrows" appear as a bright, though defined and delineated, compound bow.
    -When Phrygian has had ample access to moonlight (full-level of charge), or if it is a full moon outside (regardless of cloud cover or not), Phrygian's shots always hit - even invisible foes. They do an acid-type of burning attack that pierces through armor or dermal hides. Range is just beyond what Phrygian can see.
    -When Phrygian has had some access to moonlight (mid-level of charge), or if the moon is a quarter moon or less (regardless of cloud cover), Phrygian's shots still always hit - even invisible foes. They do a slight burning attack, equivalent to touching a hot ember briefly. They may pierce through armor or dermal hides - but this is no longer a definite.
    -When there is no moonlight, Phrygian uses the reserved lunar charges he has stored up. Each shot drains him quite a bit, making each consecutive shot less powerful.
    -When Phrygian is drained of his charges (lowest level of charge), he can still summon the bow and the arrows at any time. They always hit - even invisible foes. But they do no extra damage and are just like a normal bow and arrow. They also do not pierce armor or dermal hides.
    - (Arrows quickly dissolve after striking their targets).
    -
  • Quick shot - Phrygian is able to shoot three times faster with his lunar bow than with an ordinary bow.
  • Small restoration - Being outside in the moonlight helps restore a small amount of the physical and mental damages Phrygian takes after each shot. Moonlight causes a type of refreshing more so than a complete healing. It won't heal normal injuries but it can heal some magic effects. As he is able to charge up, it also helps him feel better and makes him more mentally grounded. (See weaknesses).
  • True sight - With his lunar bow in hand, Phrygian is able to see potential targets, traps, invisible or hidden enemies, spirits, and enchanted items. His range of vision remains the same.

Weaknesses: Each shot from the lunar bow makes Phrygian go one step closer to madness. Hearing and arguing with antagonistic voices in his head is just the beginning. After each shot and when Phrygian has released the bow back to it's latent form inside him, Phrygian loses more touch with reality. As the RP progresses, he will see and argue with imaginary adversaries, shouting at them. Trusting friends will become more difficult as Phrygian assumes they are not always who they say they are.

In addition, each shot corrupts Phrygian's physical system and internal organs a little more each time. Sometimes, it's harder to breathe after a shot. Sometimes his chest hurts. And with all of it, is the growing black lines on his limbs, indicating an irreversible sickness. Being outside in the moonlight helps allay these pains and even causes a small amount of restoration - but not enough to heal him completely.

As for other weaknesses, Phrygian struggles with depression at times.

Bio: Phrygian Gotuddr is hoping for a chance at redemption. Growing up in Calary as the son of a peasant farmer, Phrygian helped his father farm their wheat and helped take care of their livestock. Skilled with the bow, Phrygian had to fend off wolves and other night predators who might want to steal their chickens. That was the life he knew... until that one fateful autumn he went to sell eggs and flour at the local town market.

When the lady had shown up at his booth the first time, Phrygian had put on his normal smile and ended up selling a dozen eggs. When she returned to his booth to talk some, Phrygian smiled and engaged in polite conversation, and was more puzzled than anything about why she had come back. After a few more times of her returning, he asked her if there was something more he could give her. "Your name, and a proposal of courting," was her astonishing reply!

The lady's name was Charindra. A whirlwind romance began. Since the harvest was done, Phrygian had more time on his hands to spend getting to know this captivating woman, and she him. Interest grew. And that interest grew to love. That love grew to passion. And that passion began a life-altering phase when two things happened.

First, Phrygian arranged to meet her father and ask him for her hand in marriage. A calculating nobleman, a merchant of finer things, Charindra's father Jeridyn was displeased to find his daughter courting a peasant farmer. He disapproved immediately and cut Phrygian out of the picture, demanding he never see his daughter Charindra again. Phrygian, being hurt, didn't have the noble backing or financial clout to meet Jeridyn's expectations. He and Charindra began to see each other secretly, but in great fear of being caught. There was no opportunity for marriage unless they ran off secretly. And that was their plan, until the second thing happened that also altered Phrygian's life.

For one night, Phrygian was on guard at his farm against wolves. Armed with his bow and standing at the border of his lands, Phrygian saw a shimmering light in the near distance. Curious as to what might make such a glow, he walked the short ways to find leaning up against a tree a string made of light. He put his normal weapon away, and looked at the item closer. It was long and straight, though at the ends it curled some. Taut and strong, the string looked like it might fit perfectly on a bow. The light was overpowering, and not knowing what he was doing, Phrygian reached for the shining bowstring... only to find it dissolving in his hands, and a rush of a magical energy seeping into his bones. Crying out in the moonlight, Phrygian suddenly found a glowing bow and arrow in his hands. A flood of warmth both filled his body as an equally powerful flood of peace flooded his mind. He saw beyond what he had ever seen - hidden dens of predators in the night, snake nests and foxes and coyotes. He had an urge to fire his newly formed weapon at a distant tree, and he shot, hitting his target right in the middle, with the arrow dissolving into the wood just as the bowstring he had reached for had also dissolved.

Surprised at this new event, Phrygian sought out company with Charindra the next day. He promised to show her a secret if she wouldn't tell anyone! But unbeknownst to him or his daughter, her jealous father sent spies to follow his daughter to make sure she wasn't seeing her would-be suitor. When Phrygian summoned the lunar bow and arrow in Charindra's presence, she was shocked beyond belief and couldn't accept the fact that her love was a hated mage. And when the spies returned to her father, he sent them to capture Phrygian. But hearing the news, he was able to outrun them and get away.

Now, Phrygian is desperate to redeem himself in his love's eyes, to prove to her that he is still worthy of her love, despite the taint in his system working it's way down his wrists, and the ever increasing fear that he is becoming someone entirely unsafe in his mind.
Additional info: Right now, the taint going down Phrygian's wrists and legs is a smallish dark bruising. Soon, it will turn into blackened veins at his wrists. The more he uses his bow, the more that taint will spread. And who knows what it will do to him once it reaches his vital organs?

Aona
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aona » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:47 am

Accepted! Hopefully his craziness isn't too destructive...Tyner's books do not tolerate dangerous envrionments :p

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:07 am

Aona wrote:Accepted! Hopefully his craziness isn't too destructive...Tyner's books do not tolerate dangerous envrionments :p

That remains to be seen. I have some ideas. We'll just have to see how and if I can do this effectively.

Pongski
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 19, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Pongski » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:43 pm

Name: Alicia Eversteady

Class: Thief/Rogue

Appearance:

Personality: Childish, ever-observant, adores Nature and exploring, loves a good laugh, smiley

Magic Item or Ability: Her sandals

Her sandals aid in her "flight-of-feet," gliding, and endurance. When worn, they'd match her outfit - helping her in stealthy situations or even blending into her skin.

Weaknesses: Strength-based attacks like hammers or clubs

Bio:

In Alicia's youth, she was orphaned - which had caused her to wander around a bit and become nomadic. She never truly liked or kept to city life, mainly staying in or around trees and building her skills when it came to being fast on her feet and climbing. She had also taken-up pickpocketing, but merely because of her childish ways - not just being attracted to "shiny objects," but also picking herself a satchel and a few other things.

As a thief, she also tried her skills out when it came to Disguise, Trickery and Finesse but also being a very good Charlatan or "spinner-of-truths." She occasionally made-up stories about herself and her life, hiding her true self. Because of all of this, she also became more daring and "scoundrel-like," but that never became a part of her personality, it was just how she adapted - never blinking an eye at Fear but rather fighting and challenging it.

All of this causes her to not "like" staying at a place for too long, not because of some fear, but because of the way she had to live and function as a person, and that is also why she is in-and-out of villages and civilizations in general.

Additional info:

Alicia had picked-up Archery - self-taught, though she favors running around or disguising than actual combat. She does pretty well with various kinds of bows.

Alicia is a good blend when it comes to nature, always blending into a bush or other greenery.

Ossric
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 15, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Ossric » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:22 am

Name: Rawon Cook
Class: Alchemist/seal maker
Appearance:

Personality: You'll find out he's punctual and adventurous. Of course he's also courteous, considerate and humble, but they're tainted by and mixed with habits of being a bit possessive as well.
His generosity though, this is what he's pretty much loved for. People regularly count on this and his helping hand when they're feeling down.
Magic Item or Ability: Embed-The ability to infuse magic with a design created through either carving, tattooing, or drawing to achieve some very specific purpose. The drawback is it has to be very specific to become stronger. For example simply etching strengthen into a shield and embedding magic into it will make it only marginally tougher than before, but specifying strengthen against the stabbing and slashing of foes blades will make it far more durable, though only against stabbing and slashing of an enemy's bladed weapons.
Shatter-Similar to embed shatter is creating a design, not a word or phrase to infuse with magic to essentially form varying types of trap or small bomb. As sun design might be a flash bomb or a mountain sign might be concussive bomb to weaken the ground.
Beyond these abilities he has a sword that is resistant, though not immune to dulling thanks to his abilities making maintenance easier.
He also has a very simple looking brass armlet that gave him his powers. The Armlet itself has a strange design that appears like water when it is in use and allows a small ward against attacks around the size of a large plate or small buckler.
Weaknesses: Once he grows close to someone he is demanding of their time and attention and easily considered possessive of both people and items.
Bio:Rawon was considered unique from an early age by his family. They loved him dearly as any good family does, but as the young Rawon discovered his abilities shortly after being sold what he though was a simple brass armlet as a small boy, his parents made sure to use them to the family's advantage. With his parents operating the only inn in a small town he was kept busy, and capable of growing his skill and knowledge in regards to his abilities quickly. By ten he was making extra money for the family by helping villagers with small jobs using what he knew. This was only enhanced as his parents made sure he was supplied with books and a decent education for one of his background making sure he knew useful plants and herbs as well as their combinations and how to make concoctions to sell to the townsfolk. The Cook family quickly grew to be the wealthiest among their neighbors and Rawon like his parents were well known for their generosity.

Sadly all good things come to an end eventually. A terrible illness swept through the town, and while Rawon's mother and two younger sisters were spared it's attention he himself very nearly succumbed to it before creating what he believed to be a cure. After drinking the draught he had made to test it and finding himself healing from the potion Rawon immediately began making more for his father and the other infect members of his town. Sadly, something was simply wrong. No matter the dosage, no matter the combination of the ingredients, no-one else saw the same results he did. Rawon, in the end could do nothing as his father withered away before him and the sick villagers passed on alongside him.

While the villagers and his remaining family didn't blame the young Rawon, who was only twelve at the time, he would never forgive himself for failing to cure his father and the others. Obsessing over it for years until he could no longer bear it and he set off to try and distance himself from the memories found in his home. He keeps in contact with his mother and sisters as much as possible, but letters are rare as of now due simply to Rawon having grown into his own new life. Or so he tells himself. In actuality, prior to joining with the Guild of Arcane Nomads Rawon had simply been drifting. Making healing potions for some sick farmers here in exchange for a bed and a warm meal. Slaying some bandits harassing a village there in exchange for some food and whatever the criminals carried.

With his experience at already living the life of a roving mercenary it seems clear to join up with likeminded individuals to at the least have some company on the road if nothing else.
Additional info:
Last edited by Ossric on Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Aona
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aona » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:28 pm

Ossric wrote:Name: Rawon Cook

I like this, accepted! I would ask for you to pecify what magical artifact he interacted with to gain such powers (perhaps I misread your bio, but it seemed that he always had them, which is not the nature of magic in Majrya.

Pongski wrote:Name: Alicia Eversteady

Accepted! I'll get a cast list up and running soon :)

Ossric
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 15, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Ossric » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:06 pm

Aona wrote:
Ossric wrote:Name: Rawon Cook

I like this, accepted! I would ask for you to pecify what magical artifact he interacted with to gain such powers (perhaps I misread your bio, but it seemed that he always had them, which is not the nature of magic in Majrya.

Pongski wrote:Name: Alicia Eversteady

Accepted! I'll get a cast list up and running soon :)

Oh My bad I will fix that right quick!

Edit: Added the item!
Last edited by Ossric on Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Akkaga
Senator

Founded: Jun 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Akkaga » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:59 pm

Tag
You should join Ordis

Aona
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aona » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:39 pm

Bumpin, a few more applicants and the IC will start up :)

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:12 pm

Aona wrote:Bumpin, a few more applicants and the IC will start up :)

Excellent.

Aona
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aona » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:09 am

one more shblump, any new takers?

Untecna
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 02, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Untecna » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:20 am

Name: Kal Opal-Unger
Class: Thief
Appearance: Black cloak, black pretty much everything else, pale skin
Personality: Kal is a bit of a jerk, but can get the job done swiftly. He has bouts of anxiety whenever he sees something extremely scary.
Magic Item or Ability: Kal can spin an explosive ball of energy, which can be made out of fire, water, plasma, or electricity. He is also a sharpshooter with a bow.
Weaknesses: Scary things, his own confidence
Bio: Kal was born in a small village in the mountains. He was known to the villagers as "The Swipe", after he robbed a store by swiping the items off the shelves. He joined a band of rogues, and began hitting bigger targets, learning how to not miss with a bow, and becoming well known across the land as "The Silent Sharpshooter". He learned he could spin a ball of energy after he was thrown off a building by the rogues; Kal used the water ball to save himself. He then chased the rogues down, one by one, and got rid of them. He has since gone into hiding, and hasn't been seen since...
Dragon with internet access. I am coming for your data. More for the hoard.
NFL Team: 49rs
California is the best is the worst is kinda okay
I may not be an expert on them, but I feel like I know about way too many obscure video/audio formats.
Issues Author (#1520) | Failed GA Resolution Author

South Cayriya
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby South Cayriya » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:38 am

Name: Joshua Wong

Class: Archer

Appearance: Usually wears a gas mask and black clothes, wears heat resistant gloves (just in case), has a backpack with supplies.
joshua is the one seen with a flaming arrow

Personality: Calm, quiet, strategic.

Magic Item or Ability: Magic Ability: has extreme accuracy, and can resist fire

Weaknesses: Guns, loud sounds, and claustrophobia.

Bio: Joshua was born in 2000 in Alturas, and became a civil rights activist at age 12 during the civil war, mainly fighting for democracy. At age 14 he was forced to live in exile for 2 years, to escape imprisonment, and at age 16, he moved back to South Cayriya. He later joined protests and learned how to use a bow and arrow, launch a catapult (his favorite one being a homemade angry birds catapult), and discovered his ability. He never noticed it until one time, a friend showed him a petrol bomb, and while he threw it, his friend noticed that his gloves weren’t on. But later, they noticed that Joshua did not get burnt, and they then discovered his ability.

Last edited by South Cayriya on Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:50 am, edited 5 times in total.
FIGHT FOR FREEDOM STAND WITH HONG KONG

also plz stand in silence for Chow Tsz-Lok thank you
Member of SETA, Member of the ISC
Hong Kong Protesters, Thai Protesters, Milk Tea Alliance, and Milk Tea
Hong Kong Mob Beatings, Hong Kong Police Force, Beijing China, Fake Milk Tea
click here plz
ABOUT MOI
"History will tell you even if [Hong Kongers] did fail, they did put up a good fight, they didn't just take it lying down" -Author Unknown "It's their future, it's their Hong Kong, they have every right to fight for it" -Author Unknown

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:29 pm

OP - If you'd like, I can make a roster list on the first post I made with accepted characters and who plays them.

Grimdakka
Civil Servant

Founded: Oct 31, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Grimdakka » Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:28 pm

Tag
call me Grim >:)

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse