NATION

PASSWORD

[LAST CALL] Blood and Iron

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Cretox State
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

[LAST CALL] Blood and Iron

Postby Cretox State » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:22 pm

One more draft. I know there's an issue covering people wearing military garb without being in the armed forces, but I don't know of any covering this area.

Blood and Iron

Validity: Has a military.

Description
After a group of defense industry lobbyists and busboys were awarded the @@NAME@@ Grand Medal of Peace, one of the nation's top military honors, the question of whether military decorations are being devalued through over-saturation has become the latest time-wasting dilemma to hit your desk.

Option 1
"Decorations are critical to our military heritage," asserts Rear Admiral @@RANDOMMALENAME@@, having just returned from his latest chest enlargement surgery. "However, I agree that giving out awards for everything under the sun is getting real old real fast. Only top brass should have the authority to issue medals, and only for truly exceptional service."

Effect: top generals award themselves medals for not awarding anyone else medals

Option 2
"Yeah they're critical, so why are we getting rid of 'em?" protests Corporal- no, Private @@RANDOMNAME@@, whose rank is difficult to make out underneath a wall of decorations. "Awards and medals are important for keeping morale up and giving common soldiers a reason to fight. Because let's be real, we ain't in it for the money. Speaking of which, could we get a bit more of that? Thanks. Sir."

Effect: metal detectors have been removed from all military bases

Option 3
"Or we could just eliminate these pointless awards entirely," says journalist @@RANDOMNAME@@, as @@HE@@ puts the finishing touches on @@HIS@@ Bullitzer Prize acceptance speech. "Handing out prizes for defending one's homeland is a symptom of an increasingly materialistic society. After all, shouldn't serving one's country be its own reward?"

Effect: senior military commanders are often mistaken for janitors
Last edited by Cretox State on Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GA/SC/Issues author. Public Servant. Killer of Stats. Thought Leader. Influencer. P20 Laureate. Delegate Emeritus of thousands of regions.

Cretox State
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cretox State » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:22 pm

Reserved.
GA/SC/Issues author. Public Servant. Killer of Stats. Thought Leader. Influencer. P20 Laureate. Delegate Emeritus of thousands of regions.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:48 pm

How exactly is this a time wasting dilemma?
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Cretox State
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cretox State » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:03 pm

Australian rePublic wrote:How exactly is this a time wasting dilemma?

That's me trying to be snarky. I can remove it if it detracts from the issue.

Cretox State
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cretox State » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:17 am

Bumping this.

Cretox State
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cretox State » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:19 am

Bumping.

Cretox State
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cretox State » Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:37 pm

Bumping to last call.

Baggieland
Issues Editor

Founded: May 27, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Baggieland » Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:51 pm

How can a busboy receive a military honour?

Cretox State
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cretox State » Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:56 pm

Baggieland wrote:How can a busboy receive a military honour?

The intended joke is that honors are being handed out like candy. Should I change the opening?

Baggieland
Issues Editor

Founded: May 27, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Baggieland » Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:40 pm

I get the humour, but the point is that military honours are only given to the military. The way I see it is that this draft has two possible routes: 1. The highest military honours are being handed out to soldiers who have done nothing extraordinary to earn them. IE not above and beyond the call of duty.

2. Change it to civilian honours, same as 1. above, but then your busboy can receive it.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:35 am

Why can't we assume that busboys have served in the military?
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?