NATION

PASSWORD

The Eruption of Mt St Ignatius

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
User avatar
Glen Ellyn
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 15
Founded: Sep 17, 2020
Liberal Democratic Socialists

The Eruption of Mt St Ignatius

Postby Glen Ellyn » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:32 pm

Greetings,
At approximately 2:35pm yesterday, Mt St Ignatius (the largest volcano of the major island of our nearest neighbor and greatest ally New Haasia) erupted. The eruption completely destroyed the volcano and the entire island it was sitting on. The shockwave reached half way to our major island (which is only a few hundred miles away), and a massive ash cloud is currently forming over the lake that our island nations are in. Both Glen Ellyn and New Haasia have territories, bases, and cities away from the lake and we both have excellent air forces. However we need lots of supplies. We can pick them up, we just need supplies from any country that can help. Once New Haasia has their systems up and running again they can hopefully give you updates. Thanks. Sincerely,

The Embassy of Glen Ellyn

User avatar
Nousa
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 8
Founded: Oct 07, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nousa » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:01 pm

Image

Official Communique from the United States of North America



Dear Leader(s) of Glen Ellyn,

The people of the USNA are rightfully horrified at this incident and extend our deepest sympathies to both the families of the victims and your nation at large. Given the ongoing security crisis this presents for your people, we propose to deploy a peace keeping force out of the U.S. Defense Force, to safeguard your citizens and provide aid. With your permission, we can begin deploying elements of the 85th Airborne Division and 2nd Marine Brigade within the next 72 hours.

We await your response,

President Eric T. Beauregard

User avatar
Libertalonia
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 127
Founded: Jun 23, 2020
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Libertalonia » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:09 am

To: the nation of Glen ellyn.

From: the official government of libertalonia.

We have heard of the disaster striking your nation, we shall send medical forces to your land. We extend our sympathy to your nation and hope your people will all be safe.
We will sell you medicine at a lower price than most nations and ensure your people will be back on their feet.
We strongly recommend while at it to sign an alliance with our nation.

we hope to help
Libertalonian ships are moving to the pacific to face off against Shinjou aggression, Lilith promises to build a portal to the mulitverse, Eisteria and Shinjou are heading to a state of possible war. Lilith is going out of Alterna to meet chairwoman oomiya of the united socialist federation for her birthday, some see it as a betrayal of Libertalonian values while many others see it as the nation's first step to interdimensional relations and look beyond ideologies
Why yes, we are infact a free democratic nation that tries to protect others and have more flaws than united st- can we just please have your Oil and gold already?
I might have an extreme love for C&C
I'm trying to win wars but those space empires and magicfests keep getting in the way lol

User avatar
Glen Ellyn
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 15
Founded: Sep 17, 2020
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Glen Ellyn » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:58 am

Nousa wrote:
Official Communique from the United States of North America



Dear Leader(s) of Glen Ellyn,

The people of the USNA are rightfully horrified at this incident and extend our deepest sympathies to both the families of the victims and your nation at large. Given the ongoing security crisis this presents for your people, we propose to deploy a peace keeping force out of the U.S. Defense Force, to safeguard your citizens and provide aid. With your permission, we can begin deploying elements of the 85th Airborne Division and 2nd Marine Brigade within the next 72 hours.

We await your response,

President Eric T. Beauregard


Thank you Mr Beauregard, for your great kindness. We gratefully accept this offer, and look forward to working with you as this situation stabilizes. Again, thank you so much. Sincerely,
The Embassy of Glen Ellyn

User avatar
Glen Ellyn
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 15
Founded: Sep 17, 2020
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Glen Ellyn » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:02 am

Libertalonia wrote:To: the nation of Glen ellyn.

From: the official government of libertalonia.

We have heard of the disaster striking your nation, we shall send medical forces to your land. We extend our sympathy to your nation and hope your people will all be safe.
We will sell you medicine at a lower price than most nations and ensure your people will be back on their feet.
We strongly recommend while at it to sign an alliance with our nation.

we hope to help


Thank you for your compassion in these troubling times. We gratefully accept this offer, and look forward to helping you in the future. I will deliver the message to our leader that you wish to sign an alliance. Thanks again! Sincerely,
The Embassy of Glen Ellyn

User avatar
Glen Ellyn
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 15
Founded: Sep 17, 2020
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Glen Ellyn » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:01 am

An update:
After great medical and military help from our allies we are getting this situation under control. However the eruption caused a tidal wave to sweep over our coast, but it is nothing we shouldn’t be able to handle. Please continue to send in support, we are extremely thankful. New Haasia is still working on rebooting their systems, and will be running at full power soon. They will be able to give you an update soon. Again, thank you so much! Sincerely,
The Embassy of Glen Ellyn

User avatar
Nousa
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 8
Founded: Oct 07, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nousa » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:34 pm

Glen Ellyn wrote:
Nousa wrote:
Official Communique from the United States of North America



Dear Leader(s) of Glen Ellyn,

The people of the USNA are rightfully horrified at this incident and extend our deepest sympathies to both the families of the victims and your nation at large. Given the ongoing security crisis this presents for your people, we propose to deploy a peace keeping force out of the U.S. Defense Force, to safeguard your citizens and provide aid. With your permission, we can begin deploying elements of the 85th Airborne Division and 2nd Marine Brigade within the next 72 hours.

We await your response,

President Eric T. Beauregard


Thank you Mr Beauregard, for your great kindness. We gratefully accept this offer, and look forward to working with you as this situation stabilizes. Again, thank you so much. Sincerely,
The Embassy of Glen Ellyn


Glen Ellyn,

To what airbases can we deploy the 85th Airborne and to what port can we send the 2nd Marine Brigade? How close are the two positions and what is their relative strategic location?

President Beauregard

User avatar
Glen Ellyn
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 15
Founded: Sep 17, 2020
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Glen Ellyn » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:13 am

Nousa wrote:
Glen Ellyn wrote:
Thank you Mr Beauregard, for your great kindness. We gratefully accept this offer, and look forward to working with you as this situation stabilizes. Again, thank you so much. Sincerely,
The Embassy of Glen Ellyn


Glen Ellyn,

To what airbases can we deploy the 85th Airborne and to what port can we send the 2nd Marine Brigade? How close are the two positions and what is their relative strategic location?

President Beauregard


President Beauregard,
On our western shores we have an airfield, and a port that are merely 10 miles apart. This would be a strategic place to land, since they are the closest to the affected zone. The airfield is about 15 miles NW, and the port is about 11 miles SW of a city called St Charles. This would be a good place to land. However the airfield is partially being reconstructed, so you might be diverted 50 miles NE to St Charles Central Airport. We will have a hangar ready for you at both locations. Thank you for your support. Sincerely,
The Embassy of Glen Ellyn

User avatar
Crimetopolis
Diplomat
 
Posts: 868
Founded: Feb 10, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

IC: Crimetopolis:

Postby Crimetopolis » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:37 pm

We are sending the following.

5th Civil Defense Brigade.
! field hospital wi th ten doctors, five trauma surgeons and 20 nurses
1 veterinary small animal field hospital with ten nurses and three veterinarians.
1 fire dept, fully equipped
1 heavy rescue team with workers, cranes, and dump trucks.
50 K9 search and rescue.
500 federal policemen to help maintain order
1 portable air conditioned barracks
1,000,000 tonnes of like supplies

User avatar
Middle Barael
Envoy
 
Posts: 226
Founded: Apr 24, 2020
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Middle Barael » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:48 pm

Middle Barael has sent a relief package full of food, water, medical aid, clothing, supplies, and eco-friendly generators and batteries, as well as plenty of doctors and nurses and disaster relief experts to help save lives.

In addition, we offer our carbon capture services to reduce the affects of the cloud of ash and smoke, and our renewable energy to help power buildings if the electrical grid is out.

Finally, if there is anything specific you need, simply tell us, and we will see if we (or another allied nation) can send it.
Pro: Environmentalism, fighting climate change, social democracy, police reform, LGBTQ rights, abortions, separation of church and state, democracy, assault weapon ban, proportional representation, multi-party states, Two-State Solution, Israel AND Palestine, pacifism, immigration, Anti-Racism, Jacinda Ardern-type Politics, NHS-type Healthcare, culture, science, UN

Anti: Environmental destruction, fossil fuels, Trump, Laissez-faire economy, communism, far-right, homophobia, “Pro-Life”, dictatorships, one/two-party systems, guns, Netanyahu, Israeli settlements/annexation, Hamas, Hezbollah, Jihadist terrorists, war, racism, anti-immigration, nationalism, fascism,
A 15.4285714 civilization, according to this form

Political Compass:
Economic: -3.88
Social: -4.46

User avatar
New Haasia
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 9
Founded: Oct 22, 2019
Democratic Socialists

Postby New Haasia » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:30 pm

*static*
Good afternoon
Thanks to the help of our friend Glen Ellyn and your generous donations we have been able to get back our communication network. On behalf of our Provisional Government I am extremely thankful for your great help. I will continue to send updates on our status.
Sincerely,
The Ambassador For The Provisional Government of New Haasia

User avatar
New Haasia
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 9
Founded: Oct 22, 2019
Democratic Socialists

Postby New Haasia » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:05 pm

Again thank you all so much for your help. Both my nation and Glen Ellyn are functioning at full capacity once more. Glen Ellyn is still mourning (as are we) but they are pretty much back to normal. We are still working on restoring our government, and returning to our former glory! We New Haasians will never forget how you have helped us. Thank you! Sincerely,
The Provisional Government of New Haasia


Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: New Antarcticania

Advertisement

Remove ads