NATION

PASSWORD

Define the history of Laȹnaki - optional mapping series

The place to relax, unwind, share a joke, and generally goof off.
Nuloerkun
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 07, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

Define the history of Laȹnaki - optional mapping series

Postby Nuloerkun » Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:41 pm

This is the current map of Laȹnaki, a large, remote island located in a temperate ocean. Its initial status:

Year: -2195 (Beginning of iron age)
Population: 0 (undiscovered as of yet)
Area: 6019 km^2
Highest point: 3315 m, in the dark red to the east.

Each subsequent post should focus on events occurring here, one year per post, possibly over only part of the territory. Maps may be included in any post if desired, with particular focus on main settlements and national boundaries. You are welcome to simply copy the image presented and edit it if you'd like.

- Founding, dissolution, division or merging of nations
- Conflicts, their results and any changes in national boundaries
- Leaders of nations, when they accede to the position and when their tenure ends
- Important policies
- Other main events that could influence the next year's events

Year -2194:

Day 55: A group of 155 people from a distant nation arrives at Laȹnaki, on the coast bordering the highest mountains in the east. Their nation is called Uɱa Iknlat.
Last edited by Nuloerkun on Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Zandilund
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 15, 2020
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Zandilund » Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:56 pm

Mmmm, the iron age? Looks a little old and boring, how about we fast forward to the Medieval Period or something?

Even if this was to remain the Iron Age, I'm pretty sure nations would exist by now.

And, it's an island. Doing an entire world would be impractical, I agree, but so is an island. How about a continent?
Last edited by Zandilund on Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Controlled by the same player who controls The Allied Tribe.

Nuloerkun
Bureaucrat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Nuloerkun » Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:59 pm

Zandilund wrote:Mmmm, the iron age? Looks a little old and boring, how about we fast forward to the Medieval Period or something?

Even if this was to remain the Iron Age, I'm pretty sure nations would exist by now.

New Zealand wasn't settled until medieval times, so I think it's possible for nations not to exist until the first post. Maybe somewhere in between?

And yes, a small island (~1 km^2) usually remains entirely under control of one nation for a long time, and that would be boring. Many islands in the Mediterranean, Indonesia, and Polynesia of around 6000 km^2 have seen varied histories, however. Azgaar only allows 100k points, which isn't enough to simulate an entire continent; also, at that scale, the pixel limitation (<1800x1800 images) becomes prohibitive for NationStates itself. At continental scales, an entire nation can fall within one pixel.
Last edited by Nuloerkun on Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zandilund
Bureaucrat

Postby Zandilund » Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:01 pm

Nuloerkun wrote:
Zandilund wrote:Mmmm, the iron age? Looks a little old and boring, how about we fast forward to the Medieval Period or something?

New Zealand wasn't settled until medieval times, so I think it's possible for nations not to exist until the first post. Maybe somewhere in between?

True, it wasn't until some Polynesians discovered it. As stated earlier, deciding the history of an island is somewhat impractical.

If we will continue, I could add nations. What do you use to make your maps other than the Azgaar heightmap?

Nuloerkun
Bureaucrat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Nuloerkun » Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:04 pm

I haven't tried anything else, when I put in nations it's just drawing them on the map in Powerpoint or something.

Zandilund
Bureaucrat

Postby Zandilund » Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:05 pm

Nuloerkun wrote:I haven't tried anything else, when I put in nations it's just drawing them on the map in Powerpoint or something.

Alright. Do we need to decide where we are fast forwarding to?

Nuloerkun
Bureaucrat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Nuloerkun » Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:06 pm

I don't think the specific number matters, we can just say -2195 is in the early medieval period or whatever (equivalent to ~600 AD in our world)

Also, "ɱ ȹ ȸ" represent /ŋ͡m k͡p g͡b/ in the language of Uɱa Iknlat.
Last edited by Nuloerkun on Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zandilund
Bureaucrat

Postby Zandilund » Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:13 pm

Nuloerkun wrote:I don't think the specific number matters, we can just say -2195 is in the early medieval period or whatever (equivalent to ~600 AD in our world)

Also, "ɱ ȹ ȸ" represent /ŋ͡m k͡p g͡b/ in the language of Uɱa Iknlat.

Alright.

Zandilund
Bureaucrat

Postby Zandilund » Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:31 pm

Year -2193: Mholeostiww is formed by 50 murderers escaping their country. They also settle on the island's east coast. The Guang Hordes also reach the island from their own country and attempt to annex it for themselves.

Got a little lazy so I used Azgaar instead.

Western Fardelshufflestein
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 21, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Postby Western Fardelshufflestein » Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:55 pm

Year -2192: In a formidable turn of events, the head murderer is stabbed 23 times in the back by his fellow murderers. They then start to divide into factions of Meem and Antimeem.
The Constitutional Monarchy of Western Fardelshufflestein
Always Has Been.

Tiny, Shakespeare-obsessed island nation northeast of New Zealand settled by HRE emigrants who thought they had landed in the West Indies; F7 Stuff Somewhat Not Canon;RP year is 2020 in real time; Ignore Stats; Still Not Kenneth Branagh.
Foreign Leaders Liiiiicked by Alastair: 2
A Very Important PSA | National March | King Alastair IV (UPVOTE TO FORCE ME TO SAVE ALASTAIR) | Things King Alastair is Not Allowed to Do | Latest Alastair Update
The Western Fardelshufflestein Sentinel  | 20 October 2020 |King Still in Serious Condition | WF Man Trapped Overseas Who Took a Shot Every Time He Saw a Covid Sign/PSA Gets Alcohol Poisoning; WF PR Teams in Overdrive

Old Tanokiana
Secretary

Founded: Jan 18, 2020
Father Knows Best State

Postby Old Tanokiana » Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:56 pm

Spain:
Ola

year -2190

a mentally Ill adventurer, Crisostomo Valenzuela has been annoying the local governor of Zaragoza, so he (and a few other fellow nutjobs) were given a boat and told to "Sail away as far as possible, to find land for the King and bring Glory to the kingdom or whatever. They set sail for a land yet to be inhabitated by anyone. Then they arrived here, in this mysterious place after 3 years... The North-Western river was settled, by 17 mentally ill people... For the crown? The river was named after Crisostomo: Rió Cristelia. There are 7 women, half of which have actual hysteria, and 10 men, who are delusional, or have ADHD...

ya'll mind If I come in?
"...And as man strays further from the light of God, It is our job as believers to guide them back to him through Orthodoxy, through care, and through prayer."
-Tsar Krisstian I

NOT TO BE COMFUSES WITH THE RUSSIAN CZAR
PT-MT, Nation represents most of my views, partially uses NS stats

Old Tanokiana is an Orthodox Greco-Frankish nation located in modern day East Frisia, Germany.
If you can't wrap your head around something from my nation, please telegram me.
Note: thanks NSMods, Very cool

TNBN News:Nikolaes Cavalry School questioned for hazing, Local Nikolaevan man charged 1 year in jail for killing a pedophile, Train tracks are being layed from Point Seraphim to Horvathschki County.

Zandilund
Bureaucrat

Postby Zandilund » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:15 pm

I'm relatively certain this thread will fail immediately.

That's why I decided to do nation threads instead of mapping ones.

Year -2189: Uɱa Iknlat and Mholeostiww both expand slightly. The Guang Hordes expand massively but skip some territories while doing it.
Last edited by Zandilund on Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zandilund
Bureaucrat

Postby Zandilund » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:19 pm

Old Tanokiana wrote:Spain:
Ola

year -2190

a mentally Ill adventurer, Crisostomo Valenzuela has been annoying the local governor of Zaragoza, so he (and a few other fellow nutjobs) were given a boat and told to "Sail away as far as possible, to find land for the King and bring Glory to the kingdom or whatever. They set sail for a land yet to be inhabitated by anyone. Then they arrived here, in this mysterious place after 3 years... The North-Western river was settled, by 17 mentally ill people... For the crown? The river was named after Crisostomo: Rió Cristelia. There are 7 women, half of which have actual hysteria, and 10 men, who are delusional, or have ADHD...

ya'll mind If I come in?

I have no idea if I'm allowed to do this, but which river is the northwestern one? That way I can make the map.

Nuloerkun
Bureaucrat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Nuloerkun » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:03 pm

The largest northwestern river, maybe?

Zandilund
Bureaucrat

Postby Zandilund » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:05 pm

Nuloerkun wrote:The largest northwestern river, maybe?

Maybe. We'll have to ask him, but that's the likeliest case so once I have time I'll edit the map.

Nuloerkun
Bureaucrat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Nuloerkun » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:14 pm

-2188:

Uɱa Iknlat aligns more with the Meem side than the Anti-Meem side, and the division becomes more pronounced.

Ibknina I becomes leader of Uɱa Iknlat, and is in league with the Meems.

Day 202: Another wave of colonists arrives to supplement Uɱa Iknlat, totaling 284.

Last edited by Nuloerkun on Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zandilund
Bureaucrat

Postby Zandilund » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:23 pm

Nuloerkun wrote:-2188:

Uɱa Iknlat aligns more with the Meem side than the Anti-Meem side, and the division becomes more pronounced.

Day 202: Another wave of colonists arrives to supplement Uɱa Iknlat, totaling 284.

(Image)

Who's Meem and Anti-Meem?

Western Fardelshufflestein
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 21, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Postby Western Fardelshufflestein » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:23 pm

Zandilund wrote:
Nuloerkun wrote:-2188:

(Image)

The two factions of murderers.
/Skip
The Constitutional Monarchy of Western Fardelshufflestein
Always Has Been.

Tiny, Shakespeare-obsessed island nation northeast of New Zealand settled by HRE emigrants who thought they had landed in the West Indies; F7 Stuff Somewhat Not Canon;RP year is 2020 in real time; Ignore Stats; Still Not Kenneth Branagh.
Foreign Leaders Liiiiicked by Alastair: 2
A Very Important PSA | National March | King Alastair IV (UPVOTE TO FORCE ME TO SAVE ALASTAIR) | Things King Alastair is Not Allowed to Do | Latest Alastair Update
The Western Fardelshufflestein Sentinel  | 20 October 2020 |King Still in Serious Condition | WF Man Trapped Overseas Who Took a Shot Every Time He Saw a Covid Sign/PSA Gets Alcohol Poisoning; WF PR Teams in Overdrive

Zandilund
Bureaucrat

Postby Zandilund » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:31 pm

Western Fardelshufflestein wrote:
Zandilund wrote:

The two factions of murderers.
/Skip

Oh, okay.

-2187: Antimeem defeats Meem and pretends the war never happened. Mholeostiww exists, and 50 babies are born in the country.

Zandilund
Bureaucrat

Postby Zandilund » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:37 pm

I could hold a vote between mapmakers for this thread to come under the Mholeostiww thread's control of being required to post there once, but most people aren't active. So, you technically don't have to post there.

Still, it's impractical to force your control onto another thread.

Old Tanokiana
Secretary

Founded: Jan 18, 2020
Father Knows Best State

Postby Old Tanokiana » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:06 pm

Nuloerkun wrote:
(Image)

España is exactly where I wanted it to be, Cold and Miserable. PERFECT.

Day 156 since arrival:
The challenged Spaniards have beared 17 children in Coloña Cristalia, Crisostomo crowns himself King of the colony, 7 beavers have met their untimely doom.
"...And as man strays further from the light of God, It is our job as believers to guide them back to him through Orthodoxy, through care, and through prayer."
-Tsar Krisstian I

NOT TO BE COMFUSES WITH THE RUSSIAN CZAR
PT-MT, Nation represents most of my views, partially uses NS stats

Old Tanokiana is an Orthodox Greco-Frankish nation located in modern day East Frisia, Germany.
If you can't wrap your head around something from my nation, please telegram me.
Note: thanks NSMods, Very cool

TNBN News:Nikolaes Cavalry School questioned for hazing, Local Nikolaevan man charged 1 year in jail for killing a pedophile, Train tracks are being layed from Point Seraphim to Horvathschki County.

Nuloerkun
Bureaucrat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Nuloerkun » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:52 am

-2186:

Upon the Meems' defeat, Uɱa Iknlat serves as a refuge to those ejected in the process. Uɱa Iknlat expands further, into the peninsula to the east.

-2185: Ibknina I unexpectedly abandons Uɱa Iknlat, and sets up another nation called Numklat in the mountains to the northwest. Uɱa Iknlat is now ruled by a distant relative, Kinpa.

Population: 1,221

Zandilund
Bureaucrat

Postby Zandilund » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:43 pm

-2184:

The Guang Hordes expand slightly. Numklat is unrecognized by the Spainards due to its abandonment of Uɱa Iknlat, beginning the Spanish-Numklat War.

Nuloerkun
Bureaucrat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Nuloerkun » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:26 am

-2184: All that comes of the war is three isolated incidents, given that the total number of people involved is a mere 100. Given the distance between the Spanish colony and Numklat, no treaty or any sort of agreement is made either - the status quo returns.

-2183: Uɱa Iknlat becomes more like what the Meems were before their defeat.

Day 113: A mutual understanding between Meems and Anti-Meems develops, resulting in a more peaceful society on the eastern coast.

Days 200-255: Uɱa Iknlat expands further into the mountain regions, up to the drainage divide.

Population: 1,224
Last edited by Nuloerkun on Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nuloerkun
Bureaucrat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Nuloerkun » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:40 am

-2182: Random people leaving the Mholeostiww and Uɱa Iknlat territories found a new nation up in the highest parts of the mountains. They dismiss both Meem and Anti-Meem ideologies, and arbitrate several conflicts between the sides.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Forum 7