NATION

PASSWORD

2020-21 College Football Discussion Thread: Pandemic Edition

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Will the college football season finish out? Or will it have to end early due to the pandemic?

Finish out completely
No votes
End early
No votes
Other (please specify)
No votes
Porcupine
100%

Total votes : 1

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 04, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

2020-21 College Football Discussion Thread: Pandemic Edition

Postby Torisakia » Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:01 pm

Disclaimer: This thread is for debating and discussing the sport called "football" (more commonly known as American football, gridiron, or handegg) in the United States of America played at the collegiate level. For discussion of the sport called "soccer" in North America that's called "football" elsewhere in the world, try here.

Originally I wasn't going to post this thread this year because initially only like 4 conference were going to play and I figured that it wouldn't get as much attention as it does in other years. But now that every FBS conference now has plans to play this season, I figured I would go ahead and post it now...4 weeks into the season.

Normally I would have talking points about the upcoming season, but given the circumstances we're under, I won't have any for continuity's sake. This year, I'm just declaring this a general purpose college football discussion thread (although it always has been in years past). Feel free to talk about any division of college football: FBS, FCS< D2, D3, NAIA, NJCCA, heck even USports from Canada if that's your thing. Talk about teams, players, games, how much SEC refs suck, anything of that nature. Also feel free to vote in the poll above, as I will attempt to change it throughout the season with relevant information.

With all that said, accept Mac Attacc as your lord and savior.
You ever woke up one morning and just decided it wasn't one of those days and you were gonna break some stuff?
President: Doug McDowell
Population: 227 million
Tech: MT-PMT
I don't use most NS stats
Ideology: Democracy Manifest
Pro: truth
Anti: bullshit

Latest Headlines
[TNN] A cargo ship belonging to Torisakia disappeared off the coast of Kostane late Wednesday evening. TBI suspects foul play. || Congress passes a T$10 billion aid package for the Democratic Populist rebels in Kostane. To include firearms, vehicles, and artillery.

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 04, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:08 pm

Top 25 Scores from Week 4

(1) Clemson - IDLE
(2) Alabama 38-19 Missouri
(3) Oklahoma 35-38 Kansas State
(4) Georgia 37-10 Arkansas
(5) Florida 51-35 Ole Miss
(6) LSU 34-44 Mississippi State
(7) Notre Dame - IDLE
(8) Texas 63-56 Texas Tech
(8) Auburn 29-13 Kentucky (23)
(10) Texas A&M 17-12 Vanderbilt
(11) North Carolina - IDLE
(12) Miami (FL) 52-10 Florida State
(13) UCF 51-28 East Carolina
(14) Cincinnati 24-10 Army (22)
(15) Oklahoma State 27-13 West Virginia
(16) Tennessee 31-27 South Carolina
(17) Memphis - IDLE
(18) BYU 48-7 Troy
(19) Louisiana 20-18 Georgia Southern
(20) Virginia Tech 45-24 North Carolina State
(21) Pittsburgh 23-20 Louisville (24)
(25) Marshall - IDLE

Weekend's Biggest Winner: Kansas State rallied from 21 down to defeat Oklahoma on the road, making them this weekend's biggest winner.

Weekend's Biggest Loser: LSU gave up 623 passing yards, 44 points, and became the first defending national champions to lose their season opener since 1998, making them this weekend's biggest loser.
You ever woke up one morning and just decided it wasn't one of those days and you were gonna break some stuff?
President: Doug McDowell
Population: 227 million
Tech: MT-PMT
I don't use most NS stats
Ideology: Democracy Manifest
Pro: truth
Anti: bullshit

Latest Headlines
[TNN] A cargo ship belonging to Torisakia disappeared off the coast of Kostane late Wednesday evening. TBI suspects foul play. || Congress passes a T$10 billion aid package for the Democratic Populist rebels in Kostane. To include firearms, vehicles, and artillery.

Return to General