NATION

PASSWORD

Should the featured region be hand picked?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Unified Missourtama States
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Unified Missourtama States » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:23 am

Wink Wonk We Like Stonks wrote:no, just make sure it's one that is currently active.

:roll: Did you read the rest of the thread before you? There is no fair way to measure activity.
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.
" (W. B. Yeats)

Free Las Pinas
Diplomat

Founded: May 03, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Free Las Pinas » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:25 pm

I think it'd be worth changing the limit to five WA nations if it's true that the current limit is five nations. If I was bored enough and didn't care if people would hate me or whatever, I could probably go ahead and create ~100 regions out of my current stash of puppets to increase my chances of founding a region that gets featured. (Unless I'm wrong here and there's actually a region founding limit per device/IPA which I haven't really heard about, but might just be because nobody tried).

The Unified Missourtama States
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Unified Missourtama States » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:04 am

Free Las Pinas wrote:I think it'd be worth changing the limit to five WA nations if it's true that the current limit is five nations. If I was bored enough and didn't care if people would hate me or whatever, I could probably go ahead and create ~100 regions out of my current stash of puppets to increase my chances of founding a region that gets featured. (Unless I'm wrong here and there's actually a region founding limit per device/IPA which I haven't really heard about, but might just be because nobody tried).

Not everyone wants to be in WA, so that is not a fair metric.
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.
" (W. B. Yeats)

Honeydewistania
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:18 am

I think a metric like no RMB posts in one year is a good measurement, cause if you couldn’t even be bothered to post on your RMB for an entire year (even if you have Discord, WhatsApp, pigeon messaging), you probably aren’t worthy of being featured.
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Alger wrote:if you have egoquotes in your signature, touch grass

Free Las Pinas
Diplomat

Founded: May 03, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Free Las Pinas » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:04 pm

The Unified Missourtama States wrote:
Free Las Pinas wrote:I think it'd be worth changing the limit to five WA nations if it's true that the current limit is five nations. If I was bored enough and didn't care if people would hate me or whatever, I could probably go ahead and create ~100 regions out of my current stash of puppets to increase my chances of founding a region that gets featured. (Unless I'm wrong here and there's actually a region founding limit per device/IPA which I haven't really heard about, but might just be because nobody tried).

Not everyone wants to be in WA, so that is not a fair metric.

Fair point, I forgot about that.

WayNeacTia
Senator

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby WayNeacTia » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:01 pm

Sorianora wrote:
Kelvaros Prime wrote:
I think that's a fair request but keeping the randomness in play for the Featured Region function is what makes it so nice. No man-hours spent perusing the list, no bias, the the fact that it's left up to chance is just icing on the cake.

Perhaps a rule that excludes regions with minimal activity in their Regional Happenings and RMB could be easy to implement? Idk though, I'm no developer.

It would exclude regions labelled puppet storage, or regions without a post in 100 days, and regions with less than 3 members.

Why don't those regions deserve to be featured?
Sarcasm dispensed moderately.
RiderSyl wrote:You'd really think that defenders would communicate with each other about this. I know they're not a hivemind, but at least some level of PR skill would keep Quebecshire and Quebecshire from publically contradicting eac

wait

Minoa
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Minoa » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:43 am

Honeydewistania wrote:I think a metric like no RMB posts in one year is a good measurement, cause if you couldn’t even be bothered to post on your RMB for an entire year (even if you have Discord, WhatsApp, pigeon messaging), you probably aren’t worthy of being featured.

Some regions have a good reason for doing their business almost entirely off-site. The only realistic possibility at this time would be whether to include or exclude the "puppet storage" tag, but that can have unexpected consequences.

Any condition that requires involvement in the World Assembly is going to backfire in a very bad way.
Mme A. d'Oiseau, B.A. (State of Minoa)

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical