NATION

PASSWORD

Foreign Interference in US Elections

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Which foreign response would be most appropriate in the current state of US election affairs?

A strongly worded diplomatic note
No votes
A dressing-down from one or more Ambassadors
3%
A dressing-down from one or more Heads of State
No votes
International election observervation mission
6%
UN/OAS condemnation
6%
Threatening economic or other nonmilitary reprisals
12%
Economic sanctions
12%
Tea party with Vladimir Putin
24%
Military/guerrilla response up to and including invasion
12%
Hamberder party with Hasselhoff
24%

Total votes : 33

Purpelia
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:36 am

Sanghyeok wrote:Commonwealth is Empire 2.0, and not even Britons want that.

Why not? I mean a renewed British empire would be almost as bad for the world as the current american imperialism. But why would the british not want it?
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:23 am

Sanghyeok wrote:Commonwealth is Empire 2.0, and not even Britons want that.

They probably don't. Empire made them very rich, but it also cost them lives and burdened their conscience. I'm thinking of how easily they gave up India, the "jewel of empire". Colonialism made all of western Europe richer, but hopefully we've all learned that once a country is rich, it can maintain that without needing to blatantly exploit other countries. Maybe it's 'economic colonialism' but if so, it's not so bad.

India matters to the concept of Commonwealth Federation, because if it doesn't want to join the member countries can be represented on the basis of population (eg a Parliament directly elected by citizens). It's a bit too centralized that way, but not like what happens with India included. That would be the Indian Federation!
I report offenses if and only if they are crimes.
No footwear industry: citizens cannot afford new shoes.
High rate of Nobel prizes and other academic achievements.

Previous

Return to General