NATION

PASSWORD

British/Northumbrian War (POST-MT/invite-only)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
User avatar
Ideal Britain
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1356
Founded: Mar 31, 2020
Democratic Socialists

British/Northumbrian War (POST-MT/invite-only)

Postby Ideal Britain » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:21 am

The year is 2047.Britain has allowed Northumbria to be independent but tensions run high, especially in border areas.
Last edited by Ideal Britain on Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
A nation that does represent my views set in Britain in the late 2040s.
Current year: 2047
Leader:
Air-Commodore Sir Alexander Khan, Knight of the Garter, Commander of the British Empire, Bachelor of Science, MP.

User avatar
The Southern Scotian Isles
Secretary
 
Posts: 38
Founded: Aug 14, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Southern Scotian Isles » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:23 am

Fascinating. Why not have a referendum?
Vive la ACL!

User avatar
The Southern Scotian Isles
Secretary
 
Posts: 38
Founded: Aug 14, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Southern Scotian Isles » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:24 am

Nice to see a Labour Prime Minister as well.
Vive la ACL!

User avatar
Nationalist Northumbria
Diplomat
 
Posts: 689
Founded: Apr 27, 2019
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nationalist Northumbria » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:43 am

A stage has been erected at Grey’s Monument, the usual location of protests in Newcastle. This protest, however, will be larger than all the protests before it. Iraq War? Black Lives Matter and anti-Black Lives Matter? They could barely fill the area around the monument. The Northumbrian people are gathered around for miles, waiting to hear Ashleigh speak either in person or on a screen depending on how close they are.

Ashleigh’s helicopter arrives. It circles the monument twice, cutting off the head of Earl Grey with its blades. The head bounces off and crushes a member of the crowd. Nobody notices, Ashleigh’s imminent arrival being too mesmerising for anything else to distract them. Not even the person crushed by the head notices. Finally, the helicopter lands next to the stage in a makeshift landing pad. Ashleigh gets out and walks to the stage. He picks up the microphone.

“Uh, testing…”

The crowds cheer for miles around.
NATIONALIST NORTHUMBRIA EXISTS IN TWO CANONS THE LATTER OF WHICH IS USED UNLESS SPECIFIED OTHERWISE OR RPING WITH IDEAL BRITAIN 1) IN 2040s IN IDEAL BRITAIN'S CANON 2) IN PRESENT DAY IN INDEPENDENT HEPTAPEIRAL CANON THAT INTERACTS WITH OUTSIDE USING THIS METHOD

NEWS

User avatar
Ideal Britain
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1356
Founded: Mar 31, 2020
Democratic Socialists

Postby Ideal Britain » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:49 am

Nationalist Northumbria wrote:
A stage has been erected at Grey’s Monument, the usual location of protests in Newcastle. This protest, however, will be larger than all the protests before it. Iraq War? Black Lives Matter and anti-Black Lives Matter? They could barely fill the area around the monument. The Northumbrian people are gathered around for miles, waiting to hear Ashleigh speak either in person or on a screen depending on how close they are.

Ashleigh’s helicopter arrives. It circles the monument twice, cutting off the head of Earl Grey with its blades. The head bounces off and crushes a member of the crowd. Nobody notices, Ashleigh’s imminent arrival being too mesmerising for anything else to distract them. Not even the person crushed by the head notices. Finally, the helicopter lands next to the stage in a makeshift landing pad. Ashleigh gets out and walks to the stage. He picks up the microphone.

“Uh, testing…”

The crowds cheer for miles around.

Counter-protestors, who are kept at a safe distance by the police but close enough for the first line of protestors to hear them, shout "Shame on you!" and "Northumbria is British!".
The protestors come from all around the country but disproportinately Aldershot, Brigton and Cheshire (though the largest location of protestors is London due to sheer size).
Members of the Light Dragoons (a tank regiment with a cavalry tradition, recruited mostly from the North-East) carry signs saying "Light Dragoons,
British and Northumbrian forever." Grenadier Guardsmen from Northumbria also carry signs to a similar effect.
A nation that does represent my views set in Britain in the late 2040s.
Current year: 2047
Leader:
Air-Commodore Sir Alexander Khan, Knight of the Garter, Commander of the British Empire, Bachelor of Science, MP.

User avatar
The Southern Scotian Isles
Secretary
 
Posts: 38
Founded: Aug 14, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Southern Scotian Isles » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:52 am

Meanwhile in Birmingham, a petition to move Parliament to Birmingham or somewhere in the North passes 200,000 signatures.
Vive la ACL!

User avatar
Nationalist Northumbria
Diplomat
 
Posts: 689
Founded: Apr 27, 2019
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nationalist Northumbria » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:04 am

Alan Price’s rendition of Blaydon Races began playing at full volume on speakers directed at the counter-protesters. The counter-protesters were so far away that, unfortunately, their shouts of ‘shame on you’ and ‘Northumbria is British’ had not even been heard by Ashleigh.

Many more members of the Light Dragoons from working-class backgrounds carry signs saying "Light Dragoons, Northumbrian forever British never".
NATIONALIST NORTHUMBRIA EXISTS IN TWO CANONS THE LATTER OF WHICH IS USED UNLESS SPECIFIED OTHERWISE OR RPING WITH IDEAL BRITAIN 1) IN 2040s IN IDEAL BRITAIN'S CANON 2) IN PRESENT DAY IN INDEPENDENT HEPTAPEIRAL CANON THAT INTERACTS WITH OUTSIDE USING THIS METHOD

NEWS

User avatar
Ideal Britain
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1356
Founded: Mar 31, 2020
Democratic Socialists

Postby Ideal Britain » Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:41 am

Nationalist Northumbria wrote:Alan Price’s rendition of Blaydon Races began playing at full volume on speakers directed at the counter-protesters. The counter-protesters were so far away that, unfortunately, their shouts of ‘shame on you’ and ‘Northumbria is British’ had not even been heard by Ashleigh.

Many more members of the Light Dragoons from working-class backgrounds carry signs saying "Light Dragoons, Northumbrian forever British never".

OOC: you don't control British Army characters.
Also Ashleigh may not have heard them but other protestors did, them being close enough for the first line to hear (as I said).
Last edited by Ideal Britain on Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
A nation that does represent my views set in Britain in the late 2040s.
Current year: 2047
Leader:
Air-Commodore Sir Alexander Khan, Knight of the Garter, Commander of the British Empire, Bachelor of Science, MP.

User avatar
Nationalist Northumbria
Diplomat
 
Posts: 689
Founded: Apr 27, 2019
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nationalist Northumbria » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:03 am

Ideal Britain wrote:
Nationalist Northumbria wrote:Alan Price’s rendition of Blaydon Races began playing at full volume on speakers directed at the counter-protesters. The counter-protesters were so far away that, unfortunately, their shouts of ‘shame on you’ and ‘Northumbria is British’ had not even been heard by Ashleigh.

Many more members of the Light Dragoons from working-class backgrounds carry signs saying "Light Dragoons, Northumbrian forever British never".

OOC: you don't control British Army characters.
Also Ashleigh may not have heard them but other protestors did, them being close enough for the first line to hear (as I said).

OOC: Ashleigh was in the British Army, wasn't he? They can be ex-members.
NATIONALIST NORTHUMBRIA EXISTS IN TWO CANONS THE LATTER OF WHICH IS USED UNLESS SPECIFIED OTHERWISE OR RPING WITH IDEAL BRITAIN 1) IN 2040s IN IDEAL BRITAIN'S CANON 2) IN PRESENT DAY IN INDEPENDENT HEPTAPEIRAL CANON THAT INTERACTS WITH OUTSIDE USING THIS METHOD

NEWS

User avatar
Ideal Britain
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1356
Founded: Mar 31, 2020
Democratic Socialists

Postby Ideal Britain » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:10 am

Nationalist Northumbria wrote:
Ideal Britain wrote:OOC: you don't control British Army characters.
Also Ashleigh may not have heard them but other protestors did, them being close enough for the first line to hear (as I said).

OOC: Ashleigh was in the British Army, wasn't he? They can be ex-members.

OOC: Ok they're ex-members.
IC:
1,000 of the counter-protestors shout "SCUM"! to the nearest line of protestors (which is close enough for them to hear but far enough for both sides to be safe as mentioned earlier).
A nation that does represent my views set in Britain in the late 2040s.
Current year: 2047
Leader:
Air-Commodore Sir Alexander Khan, Knight of the Garter, Commander of the British Empire, Bachelor of Science, MP.

User avatar
Nationalist Northumbria
Diplomat
 
Posts: 689
Founded: Apr 27, 2019
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nationalist Northumbria » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:14 am

The protesters shout "SOYBOYS!" at the counter-protesters.
NATIONALIST NORTHUMBRIA EXISTS IN TWO CANONS THE LATTER OF WHICH IS USED UNLESS SPECIFIED OTHERWISE OR RPING WITH IDEAL BRITAIN 1) IN 2040s IN IDEAL BRITAIN'S CANON 2) IN PRESENT DAY IN INDEPENDENT HEPTAPEIRAL CANON THAT INTERACTS WITH OUTSIDE USING THIS METHOD

NEWS

User avatar
Ideal Britain
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1356
Founded: Mar 31, 2020
Democratic Socialists

Postby Ideal Britain » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:15 am

the Security Service compose a file on Alvin Ashleigh:
Ex-British Army (Royal Regiment of Fusiliers)
Education includes GCSE's, Infantry training and other vocational qualifications (but not A-levels)
Upper-working class, will command the respect of people in Newcastle as a great public speaker and skilled worker.
non-violent activist, former Non-commissioned officer and former skilled tradesman.
A nation that does represent my views set in Britain in the late 2040s.
Current year: 2047
Leader:
Air-Commodore Sir Alexander Khan, Knight of the Garter, Commander of the British Empire, Bachelor of Science, MP.

User avatar
Ideal Britain
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1356
Founded: Mar 31, 2020
Democratic Socialists

Postby Ideal Britain » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:16 am

Nationalist Northumbria wrote:The protesters shout "SOYBOYS!" at the counter-protesters.

Counter-protestors begin to sing No Surrender (to the IRA) whilst stomping their feet on the ground.
Police are tense about the situation.
A nation that does represent my views set in Britain in the late 2040s.
Current year: 2047
Leader:
Air-Commodore Sir Alexander Khan, Knight of the Garter, Commander of the British Empire, Bachelor of Science, MP.

User avatar
Nationalist Northumbria
Diplomat
 
Posts: 689
Founded: Apr 27, 2019
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nationalist Northumbria » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:20 am

Ideal Britain wrote:
Nationalist Northumbria wrote:The protesters shout "SOYBOYS!" at the counter-protesters.

Counter-protestors begin to sing No Surrender (to the IRA) whilst stomping their feet on the ground.
Police are tense about the situation.

The protesters accuse the counter-protesters of being IRA sympathisers who are attempting to mock them by singing the patriotic song "No Surrender (to the IRA)" so badly. They sing Northumbrian patriotic songs. Ashleigh speaks. People further away from the monument can see and hear him on screens.

"Thanks, everyone, for being here today. Even if you're here from Royal Tunbridge Wells or somewhere like that to protest against us - they'll add you to the crowd numbers, ELL-OH-ELL."

Crowds cheer.
NATIONALIST NORTHUMBRIA EXISTS IN TWO CANONS THE LATTER OF WHICH IS USED UNLESS SPECIFIED OTHERWISE OR RPING WITH IDEAL BRITAIN 1) IN 2040s IN IDEAL BRITAIN'S CANON 2) IN PRESENT DAY IN INDEPENDENT HEPTAPEIRAL CANON THAT INTERACTS WITH OUTSIDE USING THIS METHOD

NEWS

User avatar
Nationalist Northumbria
Diplomat
 
Posts: 689
Founded: Apr 27, 2019
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nationalist Northumbria » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:27 am

A "football hooligan" suffering from dwarfism named King Yob is attending the protest.
NATIONALIST NORTHUMBRIA EXISTS IN TWO CANONS THE LATTER OF WHICH IS USED UNLESS SPECIFIED OTHERWISE OR RPING WITH IDEAL BRITAIN 1) IN 2040s IN IDEAL BRITAIN'S CANON 2) IN PRESENT DAY IN INDEPENDENT HEPTAPEIRAL CANON THAT INTERACTS WITH OUTSIDE USING THIS METHOD

NEWS

User avatar
Ideal Britain
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1356
Founded: Mar 31, 2020
Democratic Socialists

Postby Ideal Britain » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:29 am

OOC: I will check out that thread you sent me later.

IC: A policewoman says "You can't call people, fine British soldiers, 'IRA sympathisers' or anything like that. "
Riot Police are put on standby, they will only intervene if there is violence.
A nation that does represent my views set in Britain in the late 2040s.
Current year: 2047
Leader:
Air-Commodore Sir Alexander Khan, Knight of the Garter, Commander of the British Empire, Bachelor of Science, MP.

User avatar
Nationalist Northumbria
Diplomat
 
Posts: 689
Founded: Apr 27, 2019
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nationalist Northumbria » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:31 am

They accuse the policewoman of interfering with their right to free speech.
NATIONALIST NORTHUMBRIA EXISTS IN TWO CANONS THE LATTER OF WHICH IS USED UNLESS SPECIFIED OTHERWISE OR RPING WITH IDEAL BRITAIN 1) IN 2040s IN IDEAL BRITAIN'S CANON 2) IN PRESENT DAY IN INDEPENDENT HEPTAPEIRAL CANON THAT INTERACTS WITH OUTSIDE USING THIS METHOD

NEWS

User avatar
Ideal Britain
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1356
Founded: Mar 31, 2020
Democratic Socialists

Postby Ideal Britain » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:35 am

Nationalist Northumbria wrote:A "football hooligan" suffering from dwarfism named King Yob is attending the protest.

The Northumbrian Police decide to keep an eye on him as he is known to them for acts of violence.
A 28 year old, former automative engineer, Constable Joseph Ashleigh (not related to Alvin Ashleigh) walks up to him and asks him "excuse me, are you ok if stop and search you for weapons?"
A nation that does represent my views set in Britain in the late 2040s.
Current year: 2047
Leader:
Air-Commodore Sir Alexander Khan, Knight of the Garter, Commander of the British Empire, Bachelor of Science, MP.

User avatar
Nationalist Northumbria
Diplomat
 
Posts: 689
Founded: Apr 27, 2019
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nationalist Northumbria » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:36 am

Ideal Britain wrote:
Nationalist Northumbria wrote:A "football hooligan" suffering from dwarfism named King Yob is attending the protest.

The Northumbrian Police decide to keep an eye on him as he is known to them for acts of violence.
A 28 year old, former automative engineer, Constable Joseph Ashleigh (not related to Alvin Ashleigh) walks up to him and asks him "excuse me, are you ok if stop and search you for weapons?"

"No."
NATIONALIST NORTHUMBRIA EXISTS IN TWO CANONS THE LATTER OF WHICH IS USED UNLESS SPECIFIED OTHERWISE OR RPING WITH IDEAL BRITAIN 1) IN 2040s IN IDEAL BRITAIN'S CANON 2) IN PRESENT DAY IN INDEPENDENT HEPTAPEIRAL CANON THAT INTERACTS WITH OUTSIDE USING THIS METHOD

NEWS

User avatar
Ideal Britain
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1356
Founded: Mar 31, 2020
Democratic Socialists

Postby Ideal Britain » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:38 am

Nationalist Northumbria wrote:
Ideal Britain wrote:The Northumbrian Police decide to keep an eye on him as he is known to them for acts of violence.
A 28 year old, former automative engineer, Constable Joseph Ashleigh (not related to Alvin Ashleigh) walks up to him and asks him "excuse me, are you ok if stop and search you for weapons?"

"No."

"how, man! No need, to be all workyticket." he said.
Meanwhile the policewoman (WPC, the rank being reinstated in 2045) said "There is no right to falsely accuse people of things. If the counter-protestors called you paedophiles I would tell them to stop."
A nation that does represent my views set in Britain in the late 2040s.
Current year: 2047
Leader:
Air-Commodore Sir Alexander Khan, Knight of the Garter, Commander of the British Empire, Bachelor of Science, MP.

User avatar
Nationalist Northumbria
Diplomat
 
Posts: 689
Founded: Apr 27, 2019
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nationalist Northumbria » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:48 am

Ideal Britain wrote:
Nationalist Northumbria wrote:"No."

"how, man! No need, to be all workyticket." he said.

King Yob laughs at him.
NATIONALIST NORTHUMBRIA EXISTS IN TWO CANONS THE LATTER OF WHICH IS USED UNLESS SPECIFIED OTHERWISE OR RPING WITH IDEAL BRITAIN 1) IN 2040s IN IDEAL BRITAIN'S CANON 2) IN PRESENT DAY IN INDEPENDENT HEPTAPEIRAL CANON THAT INTERACTS WITH OUTSIDE USING THIS METHOD

NEWS

User avatar
Ideal Britain
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1356
Founded: Mar 31, 2020
Democratic Socialists

Postby Ideal Britain » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:53 am

Nationalist Northumbria wrote:
Ideal Britain wrote:"how, man! No need, to be all workyticket." he said.

King Yob laughs at him.


Constable Joseph Ashleigh ponders what to do. "Back-up required just in case" he says on his radio. Two other police officers (a man and a woman) arrive.
OOC: Is "King Yob" a leader of other hooligans or simply a follower?
A nation that does represent my views set in Britain in the late 2040s.
Current year: 2047
Leader:
Air-Commodore Sir Alexander Khan, Knight of the Garter, Commander of the British Empire, Bachelor of Science, MP.

User avatar
Nationalist Northumbria
Diplomat
 
Posts: 689
Founded: Apr 27, 2019
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nationalist Northumbria » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:53 am

Ideal Britain wrote:
Nationalist Northumbria wrote:King Yob laughs at him.


Constable Joseph Ashleigh ponders what to do. "Back-up required just in case" he says on his radio. Two other police officers (a man and a woman) arrive.
OOC: Is "King Yob" a leader of other hooligans or simply a follower?

OOC: Leader.
NATIONALIST NORTHUMBRIA EXISTS IN TWO CANONS THE LATTER OF WHICH IS USED UNLESS SPECIFIED OTHERWISE OR RPING WITH IDEAL BRITAIN 1) IN 2040s IN IDEAL BRITAIN'S CANON 2) IN PRESENT DAY IN INDEPENDENT HEPTAPEIRAL CANON THAT INTERACTS WITH OUTSIDE USING THIS METHOD

NEWS

User avatar
Ideal Britain
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1356
Founded: Mar 31, 2020
Democratic Socialists

Postby Ideal Britain » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:57 am

Nationalist Northumbria wrote:
Ideal Britain wrote:
Constable Joseph Ashleigh ponders what to do. "Back-up required just in case" he says on his radio. Two other police officers (a man and a woman) arrive.
OOC: Is "King Yob" a leader of other hooligans or simply a follower?

OOC: Leader.


IC: "Intelligence gained, hooligan leader sighted." Constable Ashleigh says on his radio.
"What is your approach to violence in the furtherance of Northumbrian independence?" asks the policewoman who arrived a back-up, a Sergeant.
OOC: What rank was Alvin Ashleigh when he left the Army? Lance-Corporal? Corporal? Sergeant? A higher rank?
A nation that does represent my views set in Britain in the late 2040s.
Current year: 2047
Leader:
Air-Commodore Sir Alexander Khan, Knight of the Garter, Commander of the British Empire, Bachelor of Science, MP.

User avatar
Nationalist Northumbria
Diplomat
 
Posts: 689
Founded: Apr 27, 2019
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nationalist Northumbria » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:02 am

Ideal Britain wrote:
Nationalist Northumbria wrote:OOC: Leader.


IC: "Intelligence gained, hooligan leader sighted." Constable Ashleigh says on his radio.
"What is your approach to violence in the furtherance of Northumbrian independence?" asks the policewoman who arrived a back-up, a Sergeant.
OOC: What rank was Alvin Ashleigh when he left the Army? Lance-Corporal? Corporal? Sergeant? A higher rank?

"We should do what needs to be done for our country," says Yob.

OOC: idk, the lowest of them.
NATIONALIST NORTHUMBRIA EXISTS IN TWO CANONS THE LATTER OF WHICH IS USED UNLESS SPECIFIED OTHERWISE OR RPING WITH IDEAL BRITAIN 1) IN 2040s IN IDEAL BRITAIN'S CANON 2) IN PRESENT DAY IN INDEPENDENT HEPTAPEIRAL CANON THAT INTERACTS WITH OUTSIDE USING THIS METHOD

NEWS

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Kyundao, Nyoronet

Advertisement

Remove ads