NATION

PASSWORD

[Q] Post Count in a Given Thread

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

[Q] Post Count in a Given Thread

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:14 am

Hi,

This is somewhat of a beginner question: Is there a way for me to check how many posts (the post count) I have in a specific thread?

So, not to find a specific post... but just to see the number of them? =)

Tatarica
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 24, 2005
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tatarica » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:34 am

Hello,

there may be different ways to do it,

but two ways that I can think of first involve getting the thread id from the url; for example, this thread has ID 491478 (from &t=491478 )
and then:

1) check via egosearch and the thread id (you can do this only for your own username, while logged on)
Code: Select all
https://forum.nationstates.net/search.php?search_id=egosearch&t=PUT_THREAD_ID_HERE

2) check via profile id and the thread id (you can do this for any username)
2a) get your own profile ID; you can find it if you hover your username in a thread (for example, your own username ID is 541409 )
2b) check
Code: Select all
https://forum.nationstates.net/search.php?author_id=PUT_YOUR_USERNAME_ID_HERE&t=PUT_THREAD_ID_HERE

As an example, this is if you want to find all your posts in your most active topic at this time, Hong Honk :
search.php?author_id=541409&t=466241

This will give both the total number of posts and the actual individual posts. Obviously, there may be other parameters you can add if you don't want to see the actual posts, but I haven't investigated that possibility as of this moment (if it is even possible).

Hope this helps.
Last edited by Tatarica on Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:38 am, edited 3 times in total.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:53 am

^

Thank you very much

It worked! :clap:

Return to Technical