NATION

PASSWORD

tax rate

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Arstotzzkka
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 31, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

tax rate

Postby Arstotzzkka » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:41 am

Not sure if this is the right place but is it possible to lower my tax rate but keep my healthcare top notch?
GLORY TO ARSTOTZKA!
Fuck Antifa.
Communism is the very definition of failure! ~Liberty Prime

Land Without Shrimp
Envoy

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Land Without Shrimp » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:26 am

Arstotzzkka wrote:Not sure if this is the right place but is it possible to lower my tax rate but keep my healthcare top notch?

It's possible, but will be difficult and take a while. Your tax rate is pretty high at the moment. The strategy here (which will take a while) will just be to avoid public spending options wherever possible...EXCEPT with healthcare. If you go with reducing tax options everywhere else, you'll lower your tax with time. The problem for you is, some of the best tax reducing options (Issue 490, option 1 will really cut your tax rate :D) will impact healthcare for sure. Healthcare is "public" healthcare after all, so anytime you try and rein in government spending, it will usually impact healthcare adversely.

So - only option here is slow and steady. Don't choose to spend government money on things (like subsidizing industry, defense-spending, social programs...) except health-care, and you'll drop your tax-rate gradually over-time.

Arstotzzkka
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 31, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Arstotzzkka » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:47 pm

Land Without Shrimp wrote:
Arstotzzkka wrote:Not sure if this is the right place but is it possible to lower my tax rate but keep my healthcare top notch?

It's possible, but will be difficult and take a while. Your tax rate is pretty high at the moment. The strategy here (which will take a while) will just be to avoid public spending options wherever possible...EXCEPT with healthcare. If you go with reducing tax options everywhere else, you'll lower your tax with time. The problem for you is, some of the best tax reducing options (Issue 490, option 1 will really cut your tax rate :D) will impact healthcare for sure. Healthcare is "public" healthcare after all, so anytime you try and rein in government spending, it will usually impact healthcare adversely.

So - only option here is slow and steady. Don't choose to spend government money on things (like subsidizing industry, defense-spending, social programs...) except health-care, and you'll drop your tax-rate gradually over-time.

ty
GLORY TO ARSTOTZKA!
Fuck Antifa.
Communism is the very definition of failure! ~Liberty Prime

Land Without Shrimp
Envoy

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Land Without Shrimp » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:51 pm

Arstotzzkka wrote:
Land Without Shrimp wrote:It's possible, but will be difficult and take a while. Your tax rate is pretty high at the moment. The strategy here (which will take a while) will just be to avoid public spending options wherever possible...EXCEPT with healthcare. If you go with reducing tax options everywhere else, you'll lower your tax with time. The problem for you is, some of the best tax reducing options (Issue 490, option 1 will really cut your tax rate :D) will impact healthcare for sure. Healthcare is "public" healthcare after all, so anytime you try and rein in government spending, it will usually impact healthcare adversely.

ty

No prob. =) Also, take my advice with a grain of salt. One of my goals is to have the best nation possible...with super-low taxes. It's a challenging line to walk, but I do enjoy trying to make it work. One of the sacrifices I've made is knowing certain of my stats will never be top 1%...including healthcare, welfare, education, etc. They're "fine" but not amazing, like you clearly want.
Last edited by Land Without Shrimp on Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:29 pm

And here's an obligatory graph to help you out! ^^

The taxation rate runs from around -900 to 120-ish there, but I am gonna assume that you want to keep it moderately, and thus with me plotting the middle bits. So yeah, just keep it more or less average, and you should be fine! To complement what LWS said, I personally would go for more taxation, then slowly cut it except for Public Healthcare. It's a game of balance! ^^

Here's one with the full tax range:
Last edited by Valentine Z on Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Return to Gameplay