NATION

PASSWORD

Love, respect, and fear.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:41 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Borderlands of Rojava wrote:
Maybe I worded my response poorly. I wont compromise on things I think are wrong. For example let's say there's a drunk guy in the room passed out and his wallet is open and there's a $5 bill. I could get away with stealing it. But I won't because thats his $5 bill. Even if it wouldn't really affect him to lose $5, I wouldn't even steal 5 cents from him. And no one could make me do it. Thats what I mean by I don't compromise my values. Not "you told me please don't smoke around the children and I said fuck you."

Conversely if something I felt morally obligated to do was against the mores or rules, I would do it. There was a guy I knew named Nick and a guy groped his sister and forced himself on her, so Nick in response found the guy and smashed open a locker door with his head. You see what I'm talking about? Picking up what I'm putting down here?

Yes, I think this is a clearer, and better answer.

In a similar situation I would not be calling the cops on nick either.

I mean I never call the police. I deal with problems myself #1 cause I don't like the police at all (at least in my town) and because I believe in self reliance. But nick was justified. I hate sexual predators. I remember as a teen seeing guys groping girls in the halls or forcing themselves on em and it really disgusted me, to a violent point. They're scum.

To me if someone molests or harasses someone in a sexual manner, violence is within reason. Same with abusers btw. My uncle Frank had a daughter who was married to an abusive guy and Frank drove several hours to Buffalo just to brutally beat the guy with a metal pipe. This was back in the 1960s. Frank showed no mercy and I dont blame him. You wanna beat your wife, you better get ready for some violence against yourself.
Last edited by Borderlands of Rojava on Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leftist, commie and Antifa Guy. Democratic Confederalist, Anti-racist

"The devil is out there. Hiding behind every corner and in every nook and cranny. In all of the dives, all over the city. Before you lays an entire world of enemies, and at day's end when the chips are down, we're a society of strangers. You cant walk by someone on the street anymore without crossing the road to get away from their stare. Welcome to the Twilight Zone. The land of plague and shadow. Nothing innocent survives this world. If it can't corrupt you, it'll kill you."

Trollzyn the Infinite
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:45 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:Yes, I think this is a clearer, and better answer.

In a similar situation I would not be calling the cops on nick either.

I mean I never call the police. I deal with problems myself #1 cause I don't like the police at all (at least in my town) and because I believe in self reliance. But nick was justified. I hate sexual predators. I remember as a teen seeing guys groping girls in the halls or forcing themselves on em and it really disgusted me, to a violent point. They're scum.

To me if someone molests or harasses someone in a sexual manner, violence is within reason. Same with abusers btw. My uncle Frank had a daughter who was married to an abusive guy and Frank drove several hours to Buffalo just to brutally beat the guy with a metal pipe. This was back in the 1960s. Frank showed no mercy and I dont blame him. You wanna beat your wife, you better get ready for some violence against yourself.

Self-defense extends to others as well, especially those that can't defend themselves.
☆ American Patriot ☆ Civic Nationalist ☆ Rocker & Metalhead ☆ Heretical Christian ☆
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right."

Reminder that Donald J. Trump is officially a traitor to the United States of America as of January 6th, 2021
The Paradox of Tolerance
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀
Ես Արցախի կողքին եմ
Wanted Fugitive of the Chinese Communist Party
Unapologetic stan for Lana Beniko - #1 Sith Waifu

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:48 pm

Trollzyn the Infinite wrote:

Self-defense extends to others as well, especially those that can't defend themselves.

I'm neither an aggressor nor pacifist. I never start fights or look for problems but if someone can't control themselves and decides to go ape mode, I'll deal with them accordingly. I wish more people knew how to do that. How to avoid fights as best as they could but be willing to use violence if all other channels are exhausted.

"The devil is out there. Hiding behind every corner and in every nook and cranny. In all of the dives, all over the city. Before you lays an entire world of enemies, and at day's end when the chips are down, we're a society of strangers. You cant walk by someone on the street anymore without crossing the road to get away from their stare. Welcome to the Twilight Zone. The land of plague and shadow. Nothing innocent survives this world. If it can't corrupt you, it'll kill you."

Trollzyn the Infinite
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:50 pm

I'm neither an aggressor nor pacifist. I never start fights or look for problems but if someone can't control themselves and decides to go ape mode, I'll deal with them accordingly. I wish more people knew how to do that. How to avoid fights as best as they could but be willing to use violence if all other channels are exhausted.

^This.
☆ American Patriot ☆ Civic Nationalist ☆ Rocker & Metalhead ☆ Heretical Christian ☆
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right."

Reminder that Donald J. Trump is officially a traitor to the United States of America as of January 6th, 2021
The Paradox of Tolerance
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀
Ես Արցախի կողքին եմ

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:55 pm

^This.

Once when I was visiting Jerusalem, my mom and I ran into this shifty Palestinian antiques dealer named Badouin. Dude was a prick and after we refused to buy his overpriced shit he kept harassing us when we walked down Villa Dela Rosa. One day he caught us and started yelling at us and demanding we try his stuff and he was getting uncomfortably close. Had he touched my mom, not only would I have fucked him up, but so would the other people on that street, cause I could see the other shop keepers watching this sheister like hawks, just waiting for him to do something messed up. I knew based on the look on their faces that if he assaulted my mother, I may not have even had time to strike him before someone else did.

Trollzyn the Infinite
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:57 pm

^This.

Once when I was visiting Jerusalem, my mom and I ran into this shifty Palestinian antiques dealer named Badouin. Dude was a prick and after we refused to buy his overpriced shit he kept harassing us when we walked down Villa Dela Rosa. One day he caught us and started yelling at us and demanding we try his stuff and he was getting uncomfortably close. Had he touched my mom, not only would I have fucked him up, but so would the other people on that street, cause I could see the other shop keepers watching this sheister like hawks, just waiting for him to do something messed up. I knew based on the look on their faces that if he assaulted my mother, I may not have even had time to strike him before someone else did.

If this was the Israeli side then yeah, probably. They all have guns.

The Paradox of Tolerance
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀
Ես Արցախի կողքին եմ

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:08 pm

If this was the Israeli side then yeah, probably. They all have guns.

Everyone on that street was an Arab, but contrary to the stereotypes they will get involved if a tourist is accosted. It's happened before.

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:11 pm

Another example of what I mean by "be neither an aggressor nor a pacifist" is the time this one crazy guy told me he was gonna kill me for calling him a thirsty vulture. I told him point blank that I owned a gun and he did not, and if he kicked my door in looking for a fight, he would die. He said "thats bitch shit," and I said "I never accepted your terms for a fight cause I didn't wanna fight you for being a thirsty vulture. You took me breaking balls as an offense and wanna kill me, so if you come for me I'm gonna have to kill you. Stay out of my house. Stay away from my property and myself." I have a right to defend my home and my person.

Sundiata
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sundiata » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:15 pm

I do what I can to be a loving person towards others. It is sometimes better to be feared than loved.
"Don't say, 'That person bothers me.' Think: 'That person sanctifies me.'"
-St. Josemaria Escriva

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 14, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ostroeuropa » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:16 pm

I revel in all of them sequentially.
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:49 pm

Fear if I had to choose. Love I'm incapable of or at least it irritates and upsets me more than I want. Fear and hatred, that is what I like more than anything when it comes to politics and possibly other realms of life. I'm always thinking ahead and trying to ensure I take no unnecessary risks or have weaknesses others can readily exploit. I seek to be in control at all times. Being too vulnerable really rubs me the wrong way. I'd prefer to be the one with leverage or in charge.

The world is essentially zero sum in my view, which means the only way for me to gain is if I make someone else lose. I hate a great many things and people but my love or respect, that is what I'm more cautious with. Can't get too attached to anything. That in itself isn't what I see as very strong. Everything I believe, is justified in my view. Only I can truly understand.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:50 pm

I want my friends and family to love me and my foes to fear me. So far, one of my greatest foes has come to fear me and that gives me pleasure, having him under my control.
Last edited by Borderlands of Rojava on Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:36 pm

I remember one incident where my older brother decided he had enough of Xhuliano, this albanian guy we know who owns a restaurant and is a model and indie film actor and he was gonna confront him at ifreeze. I told him not to do it cause it was crazy but he said nothing could stop him, so I said "if you're gonna fight someone tonight, bring me with you. We fight together." If there was gonna be violence, i wasn't letting him go alone. This is the man I'm going to hell for.

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:59 pm

I respect everyone, love most people, and fear a few.
"Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:42 pm

There is one guy I fear. 14 years of martial arts training, a collection of swords and battle axes, seven guns, a big rig and a confederate flag, as well as raging psychotic anger and hate have convinced me that this guy is a danger.

Also I've seen him brutalize other people.

Free Las Pinas
Diplomat

Founded: May 03, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Free Las Pinas » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:39 am

I doubt I can judge myself correctly, but I’d say I’m somewhere between love and respect, with disgust reserved for some people in particular.

Twicetagram and JYPe
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Twicetagram and JYPe » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:59 am

I’m leaning towards the love/respect part. Respect because I think it’s one of the basic values a human should have, like if you respect me I’ll respect you. I’m more of a live person because I’ve a soft and sensitive heart, so I just want everyone to be happy and all. Definitely not how I act on the internet though.
As for fear, I’m a person who fears other people than vice versa
Mostly my parents because they can just end me off with one scolding. I also fear the possibility of betrayal, which is why I try to not get my self too close with anyone.
Last edited by Twicetagram and JYPe on Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
johnathan

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General