NATION

PASSWORD

[Submitted] Green Thumbs Sore

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Cretox State
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Cretox State » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:50 am

Minskiev wrote:Hmm. Perhaps flip them? To make it:

Several major corporations, sensing a lucrative marketing opportunity, attempted to capitalize on the nation's eco-friendly attitude by saturating every single one of their products with dubious claims such as "environmentally safe," "divinely blessed by Mother Nature herself," and everything in between.

I feel that wouldn't do much other than break up the opening's flow. The grammar seems to work fine as is, to be honest.
GA/SC/Issues author. Public Servant. Killer of Stats. Thought Leader. Influencer. P20 Laureate. Delegate Emeritus of thousands of regions.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:37 am

Why is this an issue for leader as opposed to whoever deals with false advertising? This is exactly what it is, false advertising, something leader wouldn't deal with personally. Unless the issue here is for leader to determine what constitutes a green product. If the later is the case, make this clearer
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Cretox State
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cretox State » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:07 am

Australian rePublic wrote:Why is this an issue for leader as opposed to whoever deals with false advertising? This is exactly what it is, false advertising, something leader wouldn't deal with personally. Unless the issue here is for leader to determine what constitutes a green product. If the later is the case, make this clearer

That's why the last sentence of the description exists. Also, there's an existing issue that doesn't even go that far.
GA/SC/Issues author. Public Servant. Killer of Stats. Thought Leader. Influencer. P20 Laureate. Delegate Emeritus of thousands of regions.

Honeydewistania
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:22 pm

Cretox State wrote:
Australian rePublic wrote:Why is this an issue for leader as opposed to whoever deals with false advertising? This is exactly what it is, false advertising, something leader wouldn't deal with personally. Unless the issue here is for leader to determine what constitutes a green product. If the later is the case, make this clearer

That's why the last sentence of the description exists. Also, there's an existing issue that doesn't even go that far.

Speaking of which, the last half of the last sentence is really cliché
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Alger wrote:if you have egoquotes in your signature, touch grass

The republic ofTexas and northern Mexico
Spokesperson

Founded: May 12, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The republic ofTexas and northern Mexico » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:26 pm

Minskiev wrote:
Cretox State wrote:Draft 3; modified options 1 and 3 to flow better and hopefully be a bit more amusing.

Agreed.

"They bombed the village, believing it the right thing to do."

That’s different, because you included bombed, an inherently past-tense verb. However, I don’t really have a word to replace it with, so..carry on.

Began to bomb

Founder of Victorian Era RP 2,
Loves God, guns and Trump
Stand with France

Cretox State
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cretox State » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:18 pm

Honeydewistania wrote:
Cretox State wrote:That's why the last sentence of the description exists. Also, there's an existing issue that doesn't even go that far.

Speaking of which, the last half of the last sentence is really cliché

I know! (Should I change it?)

Cretox State
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cretox State » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:54 pm

Bumping to last call.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:38 pm

Oh! Where's the CEO who found a loop hole. Green coloured products advertising how green they are
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?