NATION

PASSWORD

Coconut Fred

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.
Bakanu
Attaché

Founded: Jun 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Coconut Fred

Postby Bakanu » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:48 pm

Has anyone heard of Coconut Fred? Probably not because this show was made in 2006 and was a rip-off of the hit-series Spongebob Squarepants. So basically the premise to Coconut Fred is that the main character "Fred" is a coconut who supposedly created the Island from dust (as seen in the intro) and everything he imagines comes to life. Yeah... This sounds like a whole wish- thing to me, though the only thing that was actually copied from Spongebob is the Tropical theme. When I saw some episodes on YouTube I didn't think it was bad, just not that good. Welp I think that's about it. Comment on what you think about Coconut Fred, but you might have to watch some episodes first.

Coconut Fred Theme-Link ->https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdOpscvgIZc
Coconut Fred Ep. 1- Link -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XdUC6teLMI

Latin Islands
Envoy

Founded: Nov 29, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Latin Islands » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:02 am

If I remember correctly this was simultaneously released (or promoted) with Camp Lazlo in where I live. I couldn't stand Coconut Fred for some reason. Maybe because it was uninteresting or he was too hyperactive, I don't recall. Unlike Camp Lazlo, where I immediately thought Lazlo's voice sorta resembled Spongebob's, now that's what I had watched during some of those vacations.

Coconut Fred's Fruit Salad Island seemed to have quickly disappeared off Cartoon Network, yet I never looked for it or wondered why that much all through the years.
IC:
The Federation of Latin Islands
"D'un océan à l'autre"
A parliamentary democracy in The West Pacific.
OOC:
Have you experienced something so nostalgic that it hurts?
Likes animated series. Dislikes overgeneralizations.

RussianPolynesia
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 18, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby RussianPolynesia » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:28 am

Bakanu wrote:Has anyone heard of Coconut Fred? Probably not because this show was made in 2006 and was a rip-off of the hit-series Spongebob Squarepants. So basically the premise to Coconut Fred is that the main character "Fred" is a coconut who supposedly created the Island from dust (as seen in the intro) and everything he imagines comes to life. Yeah... This sounds like a whole wish- thing to me, though the only thing that was actually copied from Spongebob is the Tropical theme. When I saw some episodes on YouTube I didn't think it was bad, just not that good. Welp I think that's about it. Comment on what you think about Coconut Fred, but you might have to watch some episodes first.

Coconut Fred Theme-Link ->https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdOpscvgIZc
Coconut Fred Ep. 1- Link -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XdUC6teLMI

I think it was made 2005, and got cancelled in 2006. So yeah, that was short lived.

Purpelia
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:25 am

I miss the days of good cartoons. Like the old ones. Cow and Chicken, Johny Bravo. That sort of thing.
Spongebob is only fun sporadically and its ripoffs aren't at all.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

Wilberalba
Civilian

Founded: Oct 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Wilberalba » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:29 pm

This show was my first guilty pleasure that wasn't a magical girl anime. I knew it was awful even as a kid, but I just kept on watching it and liking it for some reason. I remember not mentioning it to my friends because I thought it was too obscure. I don't think I'd enjoy it currently, though.

Something new thats cool
Secretary

Founded: Dec 04, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Something new thats cool » Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:14 pm

found out that somehow they got the voice actor for Yakko Warner to voice Coconut Fred, also he hated the role even stating that he felt like it was a cheap Spongebob ripoff and wants to forget that character for the rest of time.

Return to Arts & Fiction