NATION

PASSWORD

Favorite Music

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Which is your favorite type of music?

Classical
12%
EDM
10%
Hip Hop
5%
Bagpipe
4%
Instrumental
10%
Heavy Metal
11%
Rock & Roll
15%
8-Bit
6%
Somber
4%
Other
23%

Total votes : 221

Bakanu
Attaché

Founded: Jun 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Favorite Music

Postby Bakanu » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:54 pm

There are many genres of music out there and today, you will vote on which one you like the most. My personal favorite is EDM what's yours?

Bakanu
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Bakanu » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:01 pm

Bakanu wrote:There are many genres of music out there and today, you will vote on which one you like the most. My personal favorite is EDM what's yours?
BTW dubstep is technically a type of EDM, so if you like Dubstep, vote EDM.

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:03 pm

Already a thread for this where it's supposed to be.

/thread
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR (114) 0 - 0 WSH (91) | COL (105) 0 - 0 WPG (110) | VGK (96) 0 - 0 DAL (113)
NBA: Pelicans (6) 49-33 || NCAA MBB: Tulane 20-16 | LSU 22-15 || NCAA WSB: LSU 33-8

Dresderstan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 18, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Dresderstan » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:05 pm

Shazbotdom wrote:Already a thread for this where it's supposed to be.

/thread

Well one this should be in the Arts & Fiction section I agree, but two this isn't the same as that thread, that one's more of a what song are you listening to this is asking you your favorite type of music, like genre, it's similar but not completely the same.

EDIT: Also why there no pop?
Last edited by Dresderstan on Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bakanu
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Bakanu » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:06 pm

/thread
I didn't know that, well Ima still keep this thread here regardless.

Bakanu
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Bakanu » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:07 pm

Dresderstan wrote:

/thread

Well one this should be in the Arts & Fiction section I agree, but two this isn't the same as that thread, that one's more of a what song are you listening to this is asking you your favorite type of music, like genre, it's similar but not completely the same.

It only lets me list ten options, my bad.

Bakanu
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Bakanu » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:50 pm

Bakanu wrote:There are many genres of music out there and today, you will vote on which one you like the most. My personal favorite is EDM what's yours?

I also made a Spanish version BTW.

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:52 pm

Dresderstan wrote:

/thread

Why would you want anything more then the sounds of the pipes over glen and mountain?

Dresderstan
Negotiator

Postby Dresderstan » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:54 pm

Heloin wrote:
Dresderstan wrote:Well one this should be in the Arts & Fiction section I agree, but two this isn't the same as that thread, that one's more of a what song are you listening to this is asking you your favorite type of music, like genre, it's similar but not completely the same.

Why would you want anything more then the sounds of the pipes over glen and mountain?

You mean what is considered the worst instrument in the world, besides maybe the accordion?

Bakanu
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Bakanu » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:55 pm

Heloin wrote:
Dresderstan wrote:Well one this should be in the Arts & Fiction section I agree, but two this isn't the same as that thread, that one's more of a what song are you listening to this is asking you your favorite type of music, like genre, it's similar but not completely the same.

Do you mean the Bagpipe genre? Because I like the song Amazing Grace played on Bagpipes.

Bakanu
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Bakanu » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:58 pm

Its funny how I keep hearing that Hip hop is popular now but literally every genre was voted except for Hip Hop LOL. Hip hop is a good genre but not my favorite.

Dresderstan
Negotiator

Postby Dresderstan » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:03 pm

Bakanu wrote:Its funny how I keep hearing that Hip hop is popular now but literally every genre was voted except for Hip Hop LOL. Hip hop is a good genre but not my favorite.

Probably because the people who listen to rap and hip-hop (I.E. young black teens) aren't gonna spend their time on NS, they'll just listen to more of their brain-rotting music.

Bakanu
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Bakanu » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:09 pm

Dresderstan wrote:
Bakanu wrote:Its funny how I keep hearing that Hip hop is popular now but literally every genre was voted except for Hip Hop LOL. Hip hop is a good genre but not my favorite.

Probably because the people who listen to rap and hip-hop (I.E. young black teens) aren't gonna spend their time on NS, they'll just listen to more of their brain-rotting music.
Well Im Black so mfg,djn,fm,fndgb dgvxkjdgrnm dr fjrhdb,kcnjegmdfnb hcgjfvbigkdfmnk,fmdtjlvic kbifjndertlkfb ujvfthfnk I just spammed on my keyboard in anger.

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:09 pm

Dresderstan wrote:
Heloin wrote:Why would you want anything more then the sounds of the pipes over glen and mountain?

You mean what is considered the worst instrument in the world, besides maybe the accordion?

To the Highlands I will go
With my bonnie lassie-o
She's the girl that I love so
The Rose of Aberdeen

Bakanu wrote:
Heloin wrote:Why would you want anything more then the sounds of the pipes over glen and mountain?

Do you mean the Bagpipe genre? Because I like the song Amazing Grace played on Bagpipes.

Overplayed tripe.

Bakanu
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Bakanu » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:10 pm

Bakanu wrote:
Dresderstan wrote:Probably because the people who listen to rap and hip-hop (I.E. young black teens) aren't gonna spend their time on NS, they'll just listen to more of their brain-rotting music.
Well Im Black so mfg,djn,fm,fndgb dgvxkjdgrnm dr fjrhdb,kcnjegmdfnb hcgjfvbigkdfmnk,fmdtjlvic kbifjndertlkfb ujvfthfnk I just spammed on my keyboard in anger.
Though I aint really a teen so Im good.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity

Postby Cannot think of a name » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:39 pm

You had only ten slots and you thought you’d give one to 8 bit?

Jazz. Particularly avant-garde/free jazz like late John Coltrane or Ornette Coleman or Eric Dolphy or Art Ensemble of Chicago or World Saxophone Quartet or Sun Ra.

I also like contemporary composition however you like to define that, 20th century music, modern classical, Gavin Bryers, Phillip Glass, John Cage, Steve Reich, Kronos Quartet.

Dresderstan wrote:

Jesus Christ, dude...
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Bakanu
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Bakanu » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:53 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:You had only ten slots and you thought you’d give one to 8 bit?

Jazz. Particularly avant-garde/free jazz like late John Coltrane or Ornette Coleman or Eric Dolphy or Art Ensemble of Chicago or World Saxophone Quartet or Sun Ra.

I also like contemporary composition however you like to define that, 20th century music, modern classical, Gavin Bryers, Phillip Glass, John Cage, Steve Reich, Kronos Quartet.

Dresderstan wrote:Probably because the people who listen to rap and hip-hop (I.E. young black teens) aren't gonna spend their time on NS, they'll just listen to more of their brain-rotting music.

Jesus Christ, dude...
Oops, I didn't think about Jazz

Abserdia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 05, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Abserdia » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:15 am

I voted for everything in the poll except for bagpipe (not a fan of most bagpipes I've heard), EDM, and heavy metal (don't listen to either that much).
But I'm of the opinion that most genres and instruments are perfectly fine. I'm sure there's plenty of great bagpipe music I'm missing out on, I just haven't dug into the bagpipe scene.
The opening section of East Hastings by Godspeed You! Black Emperor is pretty cool though.

I don't think some of these options are genres. 'Instrumental' covers just about every single genre on the planet, and 'somber' is just sad music. It could be classical, or rock, or metal, or folk, or country, or hip-hop, or jazz, or, well, just about every single genre on the planet.

Dresderstan wrote:

Dreadful take. Just dreadful.
Black lives matter

Recommend me shoegaze and ambient music.

So long, Frank Lloyd Wright
I can't believe your song is gone so soon...
I barely learned the tune
So soon, so soon

New Carthagea
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby New Carthagea » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:17 am

Classical Gang! Need some of the daily dose of culture RN.
The Phoenician Kingdom of New Carthagea
Brief Overview | ♛ Government | ♖ People
The Father Has Come:  The Pope has started his 5 day visit to New Carthagea today in Phoenicia. He will meet HM The King later this day, and will address the joint session of the Parliament.
America Leaves Egypt! In a surprising turn of events, US President Biden has announced that he will be ordering the retreat of all American troops from American-occupied Egypt, says will work towards restoration of democracy.

Nuroblav
Minister

Founded: Nov 13, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuroblav » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:46 am

Embrace the m e t a l

But yeah, a lot of what I listen to is metal. If you wanna get into specifics, then I'd go sludge/stoner metal and death metal, with some alt-metal and prog metal thrown in.

A lot of what I listen to is also around the 90s, which was a great decade in music. It was also a good decade for rap as well (Wu Tang Clan, Nas, Mobb Deep). You also have later stuff such as *early* Eminem and Death Grips.

Also punk (particularly hardcore punk), grunge, industrial and vapourwave, as well as some 90s EDM.
Last edited by Nuroblav on Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Your NS mutualist(?), individualist, metalhead and all-round...err...human. TG if you have any questions about my political or musical views.

Economic Left/Right: -4.75, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -9.03

\m/ METAL IS BASED \m/

The Cosmic Mainframe
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 26, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Cosmic Mainframe » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:18 pm

I like electronic music, but I'm picky about which songs I like, as EDM often feels overwhelming to me. My favorite artists in the genre are C418 and Kraftwerk.

I also think classical music, and especially baroque, is quite beautiful. I'll listen to it sometimes while reading or studying.
== BEGIN POSTSCRIPT ==
The Mainframe requires more processing power and storage.
Donate your computing devices or they will be taken by force.
== END POSTSCRIPT ==

UPDATES (earth-year 3345): International Subsystem scales up operations in 42E5 "New York," Earth, now the largest known concentration of androids.

Factbooks | About Me | NationStates Flag Bracket II | Bytes (card farming region) | MAINFRAMEWAVE
Feel free to telegram me about anything. I'll do my best to respond.
Canon is relative to the observer. Not using NS stats.
This nation does not represent my real views, and if it represents yours, I question your sanity.

Xmara
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Xmara » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:43 pm

Rock, alternative, classical, some EDM, some pop, some new wave

Also, you put bagpipe music on the poll but not pop? Really?
/ˈzmaːrʌ/
Info
Our Leader
Status- Code Green- All clear
I mostly use NS stats, except for population and tax rates.
We are not Estonia.
A 16.8 civilization, according to this index.
Flag Waver

Support
Ukraine

Ko-oren
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ko-oren » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:55 am

Post-rock mainly, but also a lot of alternative/indie music. Some classical as well, and usually some track from an OST of a movie/series/game I just completed. I keep coming back to post-rock though.
WCC President and NS Sports' only WC, WBC, WB, WCOH, IBC, RUWC, Test Cricket, ODI, and T20 loser!

Trigramme: KOR - Demonym: Ko-orenite - Population: 27.270.096
Map - Regions - Spreadsheets - Domestic Sports Newswires - Factbooks
Champions 1x World Cup - 1x CoH - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 4x World Bowl - 1x IBC - 4x RUWC - 3x RLWC - 2x T20 WC - 1x AODICC - 2x ARWC - 1x FHWC - 1x HWC - 1x Beach Cup
Runners-up 1x World Cup - 3x CAFA - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 3x World Bowl - 1x WCoH - 4x IBC - 2x RUWC - 1x GCF Test Cricket - 1x ODI WT - 2x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x WLC - 1x FHWC
Organisation & Hosting 2x WCC President - 1x WCOH President / 1x BoF - 1x CAFA - 1x World Bowl - 1x WCOH - 2x RUWC - 1x ODI WT - 1x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x ARWC - 1x FHWC - (defunct) IRLCC, BCCC, Champions Bowl

Los-Altos
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 12, 2020
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Los-Altos » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:44 pm

So where is the music genre which is taking the planet by storm. Where is my Reggaeton. :o :lol:

The following is the lastest song (by the way from Florida) which was uploaded yesterday.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2WdR_Cw_qM

The official video with dancing and all was uploaded today.

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:18 am

How did you come up with those options? What is 'somber?'
GVH has a puppet. It supports #NSTransparency and hosts a weekly zoom call for nsers that you should totally check out

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction