NATION

PASSWORD

Opinion On Same-Sex Marriage

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Legal
79%
Illegal
15%
Abstain/ Unsure
6%

Total votes : 207

Donestk
Secretary

Founded: Jun 02, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Donestk » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:07 am

Same-Sex Marriage where 2 people from same gender can legally marry is a thing in the world, according to Wikipedia only 29 out of 195 countries. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Same-sex_marriage,
My opinion on it, is that its wrong that it shouldnt be legal in the world and be practiced. In religious views, God made a man and a woman, only they can be in a relationship together. This same-sex marriage defines, the original purpose of the man and woman, where's the child going to be? no where, due to same-sex marriage, the idea of you can love whoever you want is fundamentally wrong, cause God made a man and a woman for a reason with both their own purposes.

Im interested in hearing everyone's opinion on this topic.

Nuroblav
Minister

Founded: Nov 13, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuroblav » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:08 am

I couldn't care less, so long as the relationship between the two is sound. Even then, it's not really any of my - or anyone's business.
Your NS mutualist(?), individualist, metalhead and all-round...err...human. TG if you have any questions about my political or musical views.

Economic Left/Right: -4.75, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -9.03

\m/ METAL IS BASED \m/

Donestk
Secretary

Postby Donestk » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:12 am

Nuroblav wrote:I couldn't care less, so long as the relationship between the two is sound. Even then, it's not really any of my - or anyone's business.

I agree with you, its not our business of course. Though the government can change things like that. If it doesnt affect us in our daily lives then theres nothing to discuss about this topic
Last edited by Donestk on Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Necroghastia
Forum Moderator

Founded: May 11, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:12 am

Donestk wrote:Same-Sex Marriage where 2 people from same gender can legally marry is a thing in the world, according to Wikipedia only 29 out of 195 countries. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Same-sex_marriage,
My opinion on it, is that its wrong that it shouldnt be legal in the world and be practiced. In religious views,

Why should religion have anything to do with government?
God made a man and a woman,

Which God? Proof?
only they can be in a relationship together. This same-sex marriage defines, the original purpose of the man and woman, where's the child going to be? no where, due to same-sex marriage, the idea of you can love whoever you want is fundamentally wrong, cause God made a man and a woman for a reason with both their own purposes.

There's much, much more to relationships than baby making. Also, adoption and surrogacy/sperm donation are things, and a gay couple composed of a trans person and a cis person wouldn't even necessarily need either of those. Also, should the elderly and infertile be unable to be married also, by your logic? Should people who just want to be together, without any intention of childrearing, be unable to get married? How would you enforce that?
The Land of Spooky Scary Skeletons!

Pronouns: she/her

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:14 am

Donestk wrote:
Nuroblav wrote:I couldn't care less, so long as the relationship between the two is sound. Even then, it's not really any of my - or anyone's business.

I agree with you, its not our business of course. Though the government can change things like that. If it doesnt affect us in our daily lives then theres nothing to discuss about this topic

Shall I lock the thread now or would you like to wait a little while?
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum
Minister

Founded: Sep 24, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:15 am

Love Cannot Be Banned :hug:
Sosyal Demokrat Kemalist
Zayıf Agnostik
LGBT Destekçisi
-3.13 -4.77
Türk %76,2 ☾☆
Slav %22,4
Çinli %1

Nuroblav
Minister

Founded: Nov 13, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuroblav » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:16 am

Also, I'll add that there are many religions, and even interpretations within said religion. So don't expect people to share same religious views.
Donestk wrote:I agree with you, its not our business of course. Though the government can change things should as that. If it doesnt affect us in our daily lives then theres nothing to discuss about this topic

Precisely. There is not much to discuss - apart from opinions on the matter, admittedly. Still, not a fan of marriage anyway, but each to their own.
Your NS mutualist(?), individualist, metalhead and all-round...err...human. TG if you have any questions about my political or musical views.

Economic Left/Right: -4.75, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -9.03

\m/ METAL IS BASED \m/

Donestk
Secretary

Postby Donestk » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:17 am

Necroghastia wrote:
Donestk wrote:Same-Sex Marriage where 2 people from same gender can legally marry is a thing in the world, according to Wikipedia only 29 out of 195 countries. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Same-sex_marriage,
My opinion on it, is that its wrong that it shouldnt be legal in the world and be practiced. In religious views,

Why should religion have anything to do with government?
God made a man and a woman,

Which God? Proof?
only they can be in a relationship together. This same-sex marriage defines, the original purpose of the man and woman, where's the child going to be? no where, due to same-sex marriage, the idea of you can love whoever you want is fundamentally wrong, cause God made a man and a woman for a reason with both their own purposes.

There's much, much more to relationships than baby making. Also, adoption and surrogacy/sperm donation are things, and a gay couple composed of a trans person and a cis person wouldn't even necessarily need either of those. Also, should the elderly and infertile be unable to be married also, by your logic? Should people who just want to be together, without any intention of childrearing, be unable to get married? How would you enforce that?

Which God? Proof?

Talking about in terms of Christianity.

Also, should the elderly and infertile be unable to be married also, by your logic? Should people who just want to be together, without any intention of childrearing, be unable to get married? How would you enforce that?

I dont mean like that if you get married, you have to have child no its the couples decision.

Outer Acharet
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 29, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Outer Acharet » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:18 am

Farnhamia wrote:
Donestk wrote:

⠀✭⠀THE STATE OF ACHARET⠀✭⠀
The puppet that just won't stay dead has crawled its way out of the grave once more.
oh shit oh fuck why is there a black huey full of angry canadians trying to kill me-

Some Other... Things: Kiu GhesikMiranda-22CBG-Palisade
Overview - Soon | Leadership - Soon

News? What news? News is for people who don't have a bloated military-industrial complex strangling their apparatus of state. Wait, that sounds like a bad thing, doesn't it?

Necroghastia
Forum Moderator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:19 am

Donestk wrote:
Necroghastia wrote:Why should religion have anything to do with government?

Which God? Proof?

Which God? Proof?

And why should that have any bearing on law?
Also, should the elderly and infertile be unable to be married also, by your logic? Should people who just want to be together, without any intention of childrearing, be unable to get married? How would you enforce that?

I dont mean like that if you get married, you have to have child no its the couples decision.

So, if they don't need to have children, what's the problem?

Donestk
Secretary

Postby Donestk » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:19 am

Farnhamia wrote:
Donestk wrote:

Uh, you asking that cause I said...
then theres nothing to discuss about this topic

Godular
Forum Moderator

Founded: Sep 09, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:19 am

Nunya

/thread
Now the moderation team really IS Godmoding.
Step 1: One-Stop Rules Shop. Step 2: ctrl+f. Step 3: Type in what you saw in modbox. Step 4: Don't do it again.
New to F7? Click here!

Outer Acharet
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 29, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Outer Acharet » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:20 am

Donestk wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:Shall I lock the thread now or would you like to wait a little while?

then theres nothing to discuss about this topic

He asks because if we don't, then we'll have another "On Blaming Religion for Trump" or "Is There a God?", the shitstorm the latter of which caused is visible just below this post and sitting at 97 pages of back-and-forth and counting. We probably should avert that, and the only way to do that is to lock the thread before it gets going.
⠀✭⠀THE STATE OF ACHARET⠀✭⠀
The puppet that just won't stay dead has crawled its way out of the grave once more.
oh shit oh fuck why is there a black huey full of angry canadians trying to kill me-

Some Other... Things: Kiu GhesikMiranda-22CBG-Palisade
Overview - Soon | Leadership - Soon

News? What news? News is for people who don't have a bloated military-industrial complex strangling their apparatus of state. Wait, that sounds like a bad thing, doesn't it?

Telconi
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:21 am

It ought to be up to the church or institution that performs the marriage. Civil marriage ought to be abolished as a concept altogether.
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
-Environmental Protections
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Freedom For Security Social Transactions
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Excessively Specific Government Programs
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism
-Fascists Masquerading as "Social Justice Warriors"

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people,it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government-- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

Donestk
Secretary

Postby Donestk » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:21 am

Necroghastia wrote:
Donestk wrote:

And why should that have any bearing on law?

Just that the whole idea of same-sex marriage is wrong, it doesnt look right to be honest. Its just my opinion in end of the day and you have yours

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:23 am

I fully support legalizing it. Don't see much point in denying someone marriage because they happen to share genitals. As for the religious aspect. We could always simply remove legal benefits from marriage and leave it as a purely ceremonial thing.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Donestk
Secretary

Postby Donestk » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:24 am

Outer Acharet wrote:
Donestk wrote:

He asks because if we don't, then we'll have another "On Blaming Religion for Trump" or "Is There a God?", the shitstorm the latter of which caused is visible just below this post and sitting at 97 pages of back-and-forth and counting. We probably should avert that, and the only way to do that is to lock the thread before it gets going.

Oh I didnt see that but I would agree with you, lets wrap this forum up.

The Emerald Legion
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 18, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Emerald Legion » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:25 am

I don't care. Go ahead and marry whoever you want.
"23.The unwise man is awake all night, and ponders everything over; when morning comes he is weary in mind, and all is a burden as ever." - Havamal

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity

Postby Cannot think of a name » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:26 am

I reject the idea that my opinion even matters in regards to people who will never meet me or do me any harm whatsoever arranging their lives however they see fit. In so much as I want a just as possible society, I don’t want them denied the rights and protections that heterosexual couples can get, especially on religious grounds. On a personal level, the happiness that those who I do know that are in a same sex marriage have is not something I would ever dare to take away from them.
Last edited by Cannot think of a name on Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Necroghastia
Forum Moderator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:27 am

Donestk wrote:
Necroghastia wrote:And why should that have any bearing on law?

Just that the whole idea of same-sex marriage is wrong, it doesnt look right to be honest. Its just my opinion in end of the day and you have yours

What makes it wrong? What do you mean by "doesn't look right?"

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:28 am

Two men wanna be miserable with each other instead of miserable with a woman? Go ahead.
Leftist, commie and Antifa Guy. Democratic Confederalist, Anti-racist

"The devil is out there. Hiding behind every corner and in every nook and cranny. In all of the dives, all over the city. Before you lays an entire world of enemies, and at day's end when the chips are down, we're a society of strangers. You cant walk by someone on the street anymore without crossing the road to get away from their stare. Welcome to the Twilight Zone. The land of plague and shadow. Nothing innocent survives this world. If it can't corrupt you, it'll kill you."

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:28 am

Donestk wrote:
Necroghastia wrote:And why should that have any bearing on law?

And why is it wrong? It doesn't affect you.
Leftist, commie and Antifa Guy. Democratic Confederalist, Anti-racist

"The devil is out there. Hiding behind every corner and in every nook and cranny. In all of the dives, all over the city. Before you lays an entire world of enemies, and at day's end when the chips are down, we're a society of strangers. You cant walk by someone on the street anymore without crossing the road to get away from their stare. Welcome to the Twilight Zone. The land of plague and shadow. Nothing innocent survives this world. If it can't corrupt you, it'll kill you."

Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum
Minister

Founded: Sep 24, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:28 am

Andsed wrote:I fully support legalizing it. Don't see much point in denying someone marriage because they happen to share genitals. As for the religious aspect. We could always simply remove legal benefits from marriage and leave it as a purely ceremonial thing.
Religion should not interfere, just let people make love :blush:
Last edited by Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum on Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sosyal Demokrat Kemalist
Zayıf Agnostik
LGBT Destekçisi
-3.13 -4.77
Türk %76,2 ☾☆
Slav %22,4
Çinli %1

The Unified Missourtama States
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Unified Missourtama States » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:28 am

Andsed wrote:I fully support legalizing it. Don't see much point in denying someone marriage because they happen to share genitals. As for the religious aspect. We could always simply remove legal benefits from marriage and leave it as a purely ceremonial thing.

I'm somewhat an advocate for abolishing marriage (ie: the state doesn't recognize any marriages), however there are a lot of benefits when it comes to marriage, children who grow up with married parents tend to be more academically successful because they have more stable financial and social lives at home. When we look at the origins of marriage it's not really about love but more of an investment you put your children into, I think we've in the modern day tried to make marriage something it was originally never supposed to be.
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.
" (W. B. Yeats)

Asle Leopolka
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 18, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Asle Leopolka » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:29 am

Should be legal. Next question.
W̵̲͔͇͒̌̉̆̇͛̋ͅa̸̢̼̺̅̉̊͝l̶̟͈̳̗͒͜l̷̫͝ ̶̱̱̘͖̙̬͖̈́̏̕͘ō̴̼̭̥͔̮̟͒̒͒ͅn̴̖̦͎̯͕̈́̿͘͠ ̸̞̼͉͙́͐̏͝ẗ̴̮͕̰̫̖͉̩̍͆̂͛͝h̵̖̋̉̾̎͆e̸̞̩̳̲͙͎͑ ̴̩̈̽̈́͑S̵̯̮̟͈͎̭͠t̸͍̗̹̬͉̙̓͆̔̿r̸̡̤̺̱̹͈̦͑̈́̅ẹ̶̮͔̳̆͆̄̏̔e̴̢̺͚̠̟͕̋̄̂̓̽͘t̴̢̡̩͙̫̼̚,̸̩̖͌̈́͐̇ ̷̨͐͆P̵̳̦͗r̶̹̪̯͕̬̰̍̓͆o̷̠̱͙̠͔̗̫̽f̶̱͙͇̼̬̮̻̊͌̋į̸̯̩̖͇̍͋̓̾́̏̽ͅt̴͇̬͍̗̺̀̈́̈́͗͊ ̴̧̯̼̩͑̓̒͗i̷̪̲̜̮̼̲̎͑͊̂̕n̶͍̂ ̴͓̻̤̬͎̫̹̎͌̈́́̕͝t̸̺͚͍̕h̷͖͎̙͍̬̫̰̍̀̃̿̓e̷̛̩̔̑̌̾͊ ̵̤̖͎͔͖̂͘͝S̴̳͖̩̪͕̒͒̌͌͝h̷̝͇̱̝̻̓̓͂͑̒ȅ̶̛̞̱̮̏͐͜ḕ̷͙͉̄͜ť̸̫̩̟s̴̲̲̏̑̏̇͆͂͘͜

ᛖᚷᛟ ᛋᚢᛗ ᛒᛖᛋᛏᛁᚨ ᛖᚷᛟ ᚲᚢᛚᛏᚢᛋ
Personality: Chaotic Good | ENTJ | Math dominant | Pro business
Politically: Classical liberal | Pro 2A | Pro Choice | Behavioral economist

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General