NATION

PASSWORD

Who has a better looking Regional Government Website?

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Kor Pantaal
Secretary

Founded: Jun 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Kor Pantaal » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:44 pm

Who's got the best regional government website? Not sure? I don't know either, but if you tell everyone in this forum which region and it's website link it is, then maybe it might be ranked the best. Let's figure it out!

The Republic of Lisseum
Lisseum Website

Thaecia
Thaecian Website

...and so forth...
Kortographer
I'm a Social Democrat. (Centre-Left)
I used to be on here a lot more. I've grown older now.
"The best way to predict the future is to invent it.”
- Kor Pantaal
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Zeritae
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 10, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby Zeritae » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:02 pm

You forgot the poll.
The United Republic of Zeritae Please don't send me telegrams - not A NA nor A.
Zurkerx wrote:
Agarntrop wrote:snip

One already exists: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=484632&start=25

And seeing we're over the page limit, I #ilock now. We can't let the umm, super virus get out now.
The Iron Wizards of Blacktower wrote:
Tinhampton wrote:Direct the what what what what what again? I'm utterly baffled at what this has to do with the goodness of Friends With Benefits

Become enlightened through sex.
NS Stats are used.

God-King Rorschach
Attaché

Founded: Mar 18, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby God-King Rorschach » Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:33 am

This is our regional website which includes also our public projects Website and this is our forums
Last edited by God-King Rorschach on Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Main Nation Latrovia || Proud Member of Enadia
- Enadianly Yours -

Sancta Romana Ecclesia
Envoy

Founded: Aug 04, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Sancta Romana Ecclesia » Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:13 am

I don't believe any regional government needs a website, you can just as well put that info on your forum or dispatches. You should aim for your government to look professional in the context of this browser game, not try to LARP as an irl government (although admittedly this is kind of what we do) that's... a bit cringe actually.

That said - Lisseum. It's website has a better color scheme. And is attached to neither Enadia nor Thaecia :D
Paulus Asteorra

Kor Pantaal
Secretary

Founded: Jun 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Kor Pantaal » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:09 pm

Sancta Romana Ecclesia wrote:I don't believe any regional government needs a website, you can just as well put that info on your forum or dispatches. You should aim for your government to look professional in the context of this browser game, not try to LARP as an irl government (although admittedly this is kind of what we do) that's... a bit cringe actually.

That said - Lisseum. It's website has a better colour scheme. And is attached to neither Enadia nor Thaecia :D

Yeah, but Websites make governments look professional, why do you think Thaecia has one? Not only for professionalism but also putting government info is way easier and simpler to put it on a website than spend hours and days making a bunch of factbooks that will just eventually fall out of favour just as it is in Thaecia and Lisseum.
Kortographer
I'm a Social Democrat. (Centre-Left)
I used to be on here a lot more. I've grown older now.
"The best way to predict the future is to invent it.”
- Kor Pantaal
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Free Las Pinas
Diplomat

Founded: May 03, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Free Las Pinas » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:48 pm

Kor Pantaal wrote:Yeah, but Websites make governments look professional, why do you think Thaecia has one? Not only for professionalism but also putting government info is way easier and simpler to put it on a website than spend hours and days making a bunch of factbooks that will just eventually fall out of favour just as it is in Thaecia and Lisseum.

The Lisseum website is full of images and screenshots, which doesn't make sense to me, since you said the point of websites was for professionalism, but you're right about ease of use. Especially if you were just gonna make it a gallery. There's also some other stuff I'd like to talk about, but I think you get what I mean. That said, I like Enadia's best, but it'd be better with a dark mode.

The Noble Thatcherites
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 03, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Noble Thatcherites » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:23 am

Kor Pantaal wrote:
Sancta Romana Ecclesia wrote:I don't believe any regional government needs a website, you can just as well put that info on your forum or dispatches. You should aim for your government to look professional in the context of this browser game, not try to LARP as an irl government (although admittedly this is kind of what we do) that's... a bit cringe actually.

That said - Lisseum. It's website has a better colour scheme. And is attached to neither Enadia nor Thaecia :D

Yeah, but Websites make governments look professional, why do you think Thaecia has one? Not only for professionalism but also putting government info is way easier and simpler to put it on a website than spend hours and days making a bunch of factbooks that will just eventually fall out of favour just as it is in Thaecia and Lisseum.
Thaecia isn’t the bar for professional governance on this game. :P Although a regional website has its merits, having a well-built professional looking dispatch system and forum combo has been the long standing system for most regional governments because of the accessibility of dispatches onsite and the interactivity and multiple purposes of a forum. Rather than having to consistently check an offsite property like a website for new information, dispatches can be pinned to the regional WFE, thus making regional updates and information as simple as clicking the region page. Additionally, new members and foreigners do not need to scrounge your WFE for the website link when dispatches are readily available. Although a website can give a clean and customized feel to regional content that dispatches simple can’t Sancta’s point is valid that regions do not need a website when well coded dispatches can bring regional content directly to players onsite. A regional website, in tandem with a dispatch system, would probably prove most effective for displaying regional content, however, a regional website in lieu of a dispatch system ignores the accessibility and uniformity that a well-built dispatch system offers when most newcomers and foreigners do not want to have to work hard to find content about your region. Additionally, making dispstches isn’t such a hassle when there are so many guides and examples to follow.
Last edited by The Noble Thatcherites on Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
—Thatcher Whitehall
Kanglia wrote:Thatcher. Wants. As. Little. To. Do. With. You. All. As. Possible.
Résumé
The Union of Democratic States
Citizen and Founder
Prime Minister (x1)
Motion(s) Passed (x15)
Ambassador (x21)
Publisher for The Union Post (x5)
Constitutional Framer (x4)
The Free Nations Region
Citizen and Legislator
Justice (x1)
Motion(s) Passed (1x)