NATION

PASSWORD

[R] Steve Crowder thread

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Necroghastia
Forum Moderator

Founded: May 11, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

[R] Steve Crowder thread

Postby Necroghastia » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:58 am

-Ra- wrote:
Necroghastia wrote:What does a CEO do that "earns" an order of magnitude more money than the people who are the boots on the ground?

Because it's about experience and risk. Any slob can work in an Amazon factory, but it takes a special kind of skill to be a titan of industry like Jeff Bezos. This is why Jeff Bezos is much better compensated than the average slob. This is also why surgeons are paid more than slobs working in Target, because a surgeon requires much more training and much more skill.

Referring to people in minimum-wage/ entry level jobs as "slobs" seems... kinda baity.
-Ra- wrote:
Cordel One wrote:It takes luck and parasitism, not skill.

Amazon is as successful as it is because of Bezos's leadership, and Amazon is a net benefit to society that provides goods cheaply, quickly and efficiently. I'll wait for you to start a Fortune 500 company or study for twelve years to become a surgeon.

But obviously you're not incentivised to do anything of substance with your life, so what's the point?

And this post definitely is.
The Land of Spooky Scary Skeletons!

Pronouns: she/her

-Ra-
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 09, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby -Ra- » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:13 am

I'll add this here

Cordel One wrote:

Did you read the article or did you just post it thinking you got me? It's about the Marxist theory of how capitalists view commodities and labor.
It's a critique you absolute buffoon

I also wasn't referring to anyone specifically as a slob, so what does it matter for? I said "slobs that work at target" or "any slob can work at Amazon'. Not that all people who work in those respective places are slobs.

-Ra-
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby -Ra- » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:34 am

For the last sentence, the context of the conversation is important:

But obviously (in communism) you're not incentivised to do anything of substance with your life, so what's the point?

Necroghastia
Forum Moderator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:38 am

Also about half the thread, from this post (viewtopic.php?f=20&t=489814&p=37522128#p37522128) onward, is wildly off-topic.
Last edited by Necroghastia on Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cordel One
Senator

Founded: Aug 06, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Cordel One » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:17 pm

-Ra- wrote:I'll add this here

Cordel One wrote:Did you read the article or did you just post it thinking you got me? It's about the Marxist theory of how capitalists view commodities and labor.
It's a critique you absolute buffoon

That was in a joking manner and not meant to be taken seriously.
Last edited by Cordel One on Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Necroghastia
Forum Moderator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:30 pm

-Ra- wrote:
"Littlest things" like being called slurs? :eyebrow:
How is that little?

Who cares what people call you? Most adults just pick themselves up and move along. How does it hurt you to be called a "lispy queer". Only manchildren get angry about stuff like that.

More flaming/baiting.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:36 pm

Taking a look.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:53 pm

Addressed.

-Ra- wrote:I also wasn't referring to anyone specifically as a slob, so what does it matter for? I said "slobs that work at target" or "any slob can work at Amazon'. Not that all people who work in those respective places are slobs.

Too bad, that is easily the way it is read. Specific individuals are not the only ones you need to avoid attacking, our rules also extend to specific groups of people as well. If you can't tread that line, then don't bother trying to throw around insults like "slob" to begin with.

-Ra- wrote:For the last sentence, the context of the conversation is important:

But obviously (in communism) you're not incentivised to do anything of substance with your life, so what's the point?

That is not what you wrote and is thus irrelevant.

Cordel One wrote:
-Ra- wrote:I'll add this here

That was in a joking manner and not meant to be taken seriously.

"It was a joke" is not an acceptable excuse here. No personal attacks allowed, period.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

-Ra-
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby -Ra- » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:39 pm

This is just advocating for violence, pure and simple:

Liriena wrote:Anyway, Crowder is a pissbaby bully but, honestly, Youtube was never going to be, like, a comrade in the fight against his bullshit. The best way to make Crowder run and hide in fear is to challenge him to an actual debate between equals... or punch him in the face, if you're a very annoyed union leader.

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:41 pm

-Ra- wrote:This is just advocating for violence, pure and simple:

Liriena wrote:Anyway, Crowder is a pissbaby bully but, honestly, Youtube was never going to be, like, a comrade in the fight against his bullshit. The best way to make Crowder run and hide in fear is to challenge him to an actual debate between equals... or punch him in the face, if you're a very annoyed union leader.

As far as I can tell, this is referencing an actual event that happened. Not seeing that as actionable.
Last edited by Jakker on Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One Stop Rules Shop
Getting Help Request (GHR)

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation