NATION

PASSWORD

The Royal Commonwealth Q&A Thread 3.0 [MT]

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Palmyrion
Minister

Founded: Mar 04, 2015
Corrupt Dictatorship

The Royal Commonwealth Q&A Thread 3.0 [MT]

Postby Palmyrion » Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:06 am

THE OFFICIAL ROYAL COMMONWEALTH Q&A THREAD

Welcome everyone, to the third iteration of Palmyrion's Q&A thread! The previous two didn't really work out well, having been hammered to obscurity once again, but third time is probably a charm.

For starters, a few facts about Palmyrion:
  • Yes, we do acknowledge The Shift. By virtue of our variation of the Shift, and the fact that 40.5% of our population heralds the Marshite faith, indeed about 28% of the Palmyrian population have sexual and romantic orientations in the asexual and aromantic spectra, on top of being feminised physiologically from the effects of the Shift.
  • Palmyrion is a socially libertarian state, though its paradigms on such topics such as sexual minorities, hate speech, and hate crimes differ from that of the Western world. For the Palmyrians, transgenders are defined as "those who have transitioned from their sex at birth to the sex and gender that they are now" in place of the more ubiquitous "persons whose gender identity, gender expression or behavior does not conform to that typically associated with the sex to which they were assigned at birth" [APA.com]. Hate crimes are defined as "violent crimes fueled by prejudices", and hate speech is "incitement to commit violent crime based on prejudice". Oh, and same-sex marital and civil unions are legally recognised and protected, same-sex couples can adopt children, and the only thing that prevents gays and lesbians from donating blood is the same blood screening procedure that everyone else has to go through, regardless of personal background.
  • Weapons hold a dear place in Palmyrion's socio-cultural psyche, having had endured Lardite invasions followed by Spanish and British colonial rule. Going out in public unarmed is socially frowned upon, as you cannot defend yourself and your loved ones and thus are a liability; open carry is legal, with a hard roof on what is considered acceptable - both socially and legally - to be carried openly (or secretly).
  • On the subject of culture wars, such a culture war is predominated by three religious blocs: the Christian-Muslim allied bloc, the Marshite bloc, and the atheist/irreligious bloc. The Marshite and atheist blocs seem to agree on Palmyrion's socially libertine policies, while the Christian-Muslim allied bloc wish for Palmyrion to be shaped more like a traditionalist conservative state comprised mainly of the Abrahammic religions.
  • Economically, Palmyrion places high on the list of newly-industrialised nations, with a GDP per capita of almost $27k. Its biggest industries are the shipbuilding, aerospace, automobile, consumer electronics, and IT industries. The biggest economic issues Palmyrion is facing now include the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic (1,000,000 active cases in Palmyrion as of 1 October 2020, and the loss of trade volume to and from the rest of the world due to productivity losses brought about by lockdowns), the still-raging low-intensity conflict in the northern highland provinces and the islands of Sultan Osmalik and Mindanao (a result of the Turbulent Tens Conflict), and the destruction of vital infrastructure brought about by the bygone Turbulent Tens Conflict to the said affected areas (limiting access to fertile farmland and ore deposits).

Thus, I declare this Q&A thread...OPEN.

OOC: if you have any OOC questions to me, please do make an OOC disclaimer. Thank you.
Last edited by Palmyrion on Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
__PALMYRION: INTO THE PALMYRO-VERSE__
Greater Dienstad (NSMT) | Kali Yuga (Hard MT) | Dark Lightshow (2100s PMT) | Niteo (AD 5000 FT) | Screwed Reality
Diplomatic Outreach Programme | The Dozen Giants | Storefront | Discord Server
A 15.83 civilization, according to this index.

NS stats have been [REDACTED] into a [DATA EXPUNGED].
Ostroeuropa refuses to answer this question: do women deserve equal rights in your opinion?

Palmyrion
Minister

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Palmyrion » Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:36 pm

This is a bump. I'm calling it in.
Greater Dienstad (NSMT) | Kali Yuga (Hard MT) | Dark Lightshow (2100s PMT) | Niteo (AD 5000 FT) | Screwed Reality

Ostroeuropa refuses to answer this question: do women deserve equal rights in your opinion?

European Federation Reunified
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 20, 2020
Corporate Bordello

Postby European Federation Reunified » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:05 pm

President Nathalie Pérreau
What are your current diplomatic relations with the United States of America and the Russian Federation?

Palmyrion
Minister

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Palmyrion » Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:19 pm

European Federation Reunified wrote:
(Image)

President Nathalie Pérreau
What are your current diplomatic relations with the United States of America and the Russian Federation?

I wonder how it took two whole years to answer this question. It's been a rough two years: got diagnosed with depression, went on antidepressants, took back my life and academic track with my own heart, mind, and hands, went back to Quezon City for the first time after the pandemic, and made many things right. Now that I've made things right and my college progression corrected, I now have time and energy to spare for NS.

Now on to the IC part.

"We see usual competition between two hegemonic states in the world stage. The US hides behind a veneer of upholding democracy in its sphere of influence, and so do the Russians - but they have differing paradigms of what they would consider as democratic. In such a competition, ideology is merely smoke and mirrors to competition for resources."
—Gerald Vallesteros, Vice-Chancellor for State Affairs
Last edited by Palmyrion on Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to Factbooks and National Information