NATION

PASSWORD

What Would Be A Great Place For The Next Fallout Game?

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Theberstan
Envoy

Founded: Jul 09, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Theberstan » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:30 am

Minoa wrote:I have to say that the main location is likely to remain in the equivalent to the United States, not just because of the geographic narrative of the lore, but because they have not reinvented air travel to a point of general affordability. The United States is still a terrible mess in 2287.

However, I can agree that the question of who fired first in the Great War could be finally answered … even if it is just to affirm that it was indeed China, because they simply could not face defeat, and that maybe one or two of their commanders defied the order to retaliate à la Stanislav Petrov.

Actually it was Vault-TEC.

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:51 am

Minoa wrote:However, I can agree that the question of who fired first in the Great War could be finally answered … even if it is just to affirm that it was indeed China, because they simply could not face defeat, and that maybe one or two of their commanders defied the order to retaliate à la Stanislav Petrov.

Supposedly US troops were pushing into the outskirts of Beijing, then the nukes started flying, so China is the more likely culprit I think.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Ceranapis
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Ceranapis » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:21 pm

I'm partial to New Orleans as well. Very different culture than any of the Fallout's we've seen so far. Point Lookout has the most similarities, and it's still not close.
Everybody works but the VACANT LOT- for the remedy read HENRY GEORGE

The Marlborough
Minister

Founded: May 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Marlborough » Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:40 pm

Ceranapis wrote:I'm partial to New Orleans as well. Very different culture than any of the Fallout's we've seen so far. Point Lookout has the most similarities, and it's still not close.

There could be a small faction of wandering neo-troubadours who have Louis Armstrong as their prophet.
How could the Irish potato famine happen if they were surrounded by fish?
Support the Lil Red Dress Project to bring awareness to MMIWG.
Bless our neon cyberpunk future.

Haremm
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Haremm » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:47 pm

A first-person shooter set in during the Chinese Invasion of Alaska. Because I honestly liked what they did on that Fallout 3 DLC but just expand on it I guess.

Haremm does not necessarily reflect my personal views and opinions.

New Goldman
Envoy

Founded: Jul 27, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Postby New Goldman » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:50 am

What about a Fallout Russia? I would expect something similar to Metro 2033, but it's always interesting to see a war torned Russia. I mean, we always get the United States as a plot point for post apocalypse scenarios.

Chan Island
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Chan Island » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:59 am

Louisiana and especially New Orleans is still my answer, but here's one out of left field- Fallout Northwest. Covers Oregon and Washington State. Lots of forests, some big pretty mountains (volcanos too- maybe a faction could be trying to get mount rainier to blow up?) and it would be an obvious place for the NCR to show up again...

Good place for a sweet mix on the radio of country music, Canadian type stuff and some classic fallout music.
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=513597&p=39401766#p39401766
Conserative Morality wrote:"It's not time yet" is a tactic used by reactionaries in every era. "It's not time for democracy, it's not time for capitalism, it's not time for emancipation." Of course it's not time. It's never time, not on its own. You make it time. If you're under fire in the no-man's land of WW1, you start digging a foxhole even if the ideal time would be when you *aren't* being bombarded, because once you wait for it to be 'time', other situations will need your attention, assuming you survive that long. If the fields aren't furrowed, plow them. If the iron is not hot, make it so. If society is not ready, change it.

Dresderstan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 18, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Dresderstan » Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:53 am

I'd love thee Fallout in Texas done right, or somewhere in the mid-west/South east/gulf coast. New York and Chicago would be pretty nice to see too.

Ritalma
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Ritalma » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:07 am

I want a game set in Montreal. New Orleans, New York, Chicago, and Houston are all other good locations for a fallout game.

Danternoust
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 20, 2019
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Danternoust » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:52 pm

The Fallout brand might be squeezed a bit too much, and trying to make the best of higher texture capacities will lead to one conclusion: infinite grasslands. Only grasslands provide the easy procedural generation for high resolution gaming, zooming in with a scope toward the ground will allow you to see dirt with all its details and every blade of grass will be slightly, but not entirely unique. This will be the pinnacle of simulation technology.

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:34 pm

New Orleans or somewhere in Canada.

The New California Republic wrote:
Minoa wrote:However, I can agree that the question of who fired first in the Great War could be finally answered … even if it is just to affirm that it was indeed China, because they simply could not face defeat, and that maybe one or two of their commanders defied the order to retaliate à la Stanislav Petrov.

Supposedly US troops were pushing into the outskirts of Beijing, then the nukes started flying, so China is the more likely culprit I think.

Honestly a clear answer from above isn't necessary and I'd argue not useful thematically. The old world literally blew itself up fighting, and now here we are 84, 164, and 200 years after that still fighting.

Nimzonia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 27, 2004
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Nimzonia » Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:46 am

Viechtyr wrote:It would be cool to see a place outside the US. Maybe London?

It doesn't feel right to me to have it set outside the US (and I say this as a Londoner). Fallout's particular brand of bonkers 1950s retro-futurism just feels like something particular to American post-war optimism. Post-war Britain was miserable. We wouldn't have had any vaults either, we can't even build a 3rd runway at Heathrow.

Also, America is huge and sparsely populated. Britain is small and densely populated. If all our major cities got nuked, the entire island would be an irradiated glass heap with no survivors.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction