NATION

PASSWORD

[ISSUE DRAFT] Are Citizens Bipolar Or Influenceable?

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
France Europe
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 01, 2020
New York Times Democracy

[ISSUE DRAFT] Are Citizens Bipolar Or Influenceable?

Postby France Europe » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:04 am

This is the first time I write a draft, tell me what you think. Thank you.

[title]Are Citizens Bipolar Or Influenceable?

[validity]Only for nations with elections

[desc]Your Press and Media Secretary has pointed out to you the glaring differences in results between different pre-election polls and at different times, and it seems that the @@DEMONYMPLURAL@@ do not make up their own minds about the candidates, but the country of Potentiar seems interested in these elections.

[option]it's an information war! These Potentians are clearly trying to influence the honest @@DEMONYMPLURAL@@ on social networks and create fake news to make us lose the election, your Home Secretary and closest campaign advisor is outraged. You must collect evidence and condemn the actions of this country, even if they may no longer buy our @@MAJORINDUSTRY@@ products.
[effect]the proverb "to influence is to enslave" is the most famous motto.

[option]What are you talking about, interrupting your biggest opponent and man whom your advisors suspect of having made a deal with the Potentians, you insinuate that the @@DEMONYMPLURAL@@ are weathervanes incapable of forming their own opinion? I'm asking you to take care of your own campaign, and first of all, I get support from whoever I want, no matter who it is and how far away they live.
[effect]citizens are booing the leader after reading on FakeBook that he doesn't understand his own speeches.

[option]And how about turning this event to your advantage, proposes a former minister haunted by countless corruption scandals? We could offer the Potentians a great trade deal, and ask for their digital help in exchange, and you'll win the election by a landslide.
[effect]social networks are invaded by the photo of the leader kissing a kitten.

[option]Hey, leader, maybe you should just put your main opponent in jail, recommends @@RANDOMNAME@@@, one of your unlimited admirers! This way, these scandalous cases of foreign political interference will be quickly forgotten and the @@DEMONYMPLURAL@@@ will be able to choose their leader arbitrar...uh freely! Also,, you would be sure to win these elections.
[effect]everyone freely chooses the same and only candidate.
Last edited by France Europe on Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Former Prime Minister of Liberty Democratic Alliance

Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité

France Europe chose Liberty Democratic Alliance

The State of Hejaz
Civilian

Founded: Jun 03, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The State of Hejaz » Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:11 pm

It's a good issue.

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:47 am

The State of Hejaz wrote:It's a good issue.

Maybe you're seeing something I'm not, but it doesn't seem great to me. I see you're in the same region, so I guess a generous interpretation would be that you haven't read the issue but you're just trying to support your friend. However, maybe you can elaborate on what you see as being good about this issue, and that might open our eyes to it.

[desc]Your Press and Media Secretary has pointed out to you the glaring differences in results between different pre-election polls and at different times, and it seems that the @@DEMONYMPLURAL@@ do not make up their own minds about the candidates, but the country of Potentiar seems interested in these elections.

This is just incoherent.
You've mentioned differences in pre-election polls, but not described what those differences are.
You've said that people aren't making up their own minds about the candidates, but not given any explanation or context for this.
You've introduced a stakeholder nation called "Potentiar" but given us no explanation who they are or why they matter, or how they relate to the question of differing polls.

[option]it's an information war! These Potentians are clearly trying to influence the honest @@DEMONYMPLURAL@@ on social networks and create fake news to make us lose the election, your Home Secretary and closest campaign advisor is outraged. You must collect evidence and condemn the actions of this country, even if they may no longer buy our @@MAJORINDUSTRY@@ products.
[effect]the proverb "to influence is to enslave" is the most famous motto.

That's not how English works. I think take some time out to read some school textbooks about direct speech, and sentence construction.

I'll wait for your second draft before reading further, I think.
editors like linguistic ambiguity more than most people

France Europe
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 01, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Postby France Europe » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:00 am

Candlewhisper Archive wrote:You've introduced a stakeholder nation called "Potentiar" but given us no explanation who they are or why they matter, or how they relate to the question of differing polls.

That's not how English works. I think take some time out to read some school textbooks about direct speech, and sentence construction.

I have the feeling that we have the same problem: we want to waste as little time as possible, so we are very fast and therefore also use methods such as copy/paste. And that leads to typos and syntactical errors, as I just did in my hastily written issue. Since you are apparently a master of grammar, you should know that the repetition of the coordinating conjunction "or" in the same sentence is grammatically wrong.

Personally, I don't have as many claims as you do. But since you don't hesitate to adopt a codependent attitude, I think you should put your own house in order.

Candlewhisper Archive wrote:I'll wait for your second draft before reading further, I think.

You do what you want, because I don't care about the issue and I just wanted to share something.

But since you like to lecture others, you should know that this behaviour (reading the first 2 lines and commenting immediately) is absolutely not a mark of maturity and ability to react in a reasoned way.

Since it is possible to give an opinion while remaining respectful, be aware that many players complain about the incoherent or even childish aspect of your innumerable issues that flood this game. Fortunately, there is the "dismiss" function!
Former Prime Minister of Liberty Democratic Alliance

Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité

France Europe chose Liberty Democratic Alliance

Return to Got Issues?