NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Repeal: "Wartime Journalism Protection Act"

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Sierra Lyricalia
Senator

Founded: Nov 29, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sierra Lyricalia » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:30 pm

"As Clause 3 of the target functionally permits nations to bar journalists from reporting events that would inspire, for example, neutrals to join a just war, peasants or other oppressed people to rise up, or current belligerents to intervene against imminent or ongoing war crimes, we fully support this repeal. We hope a far more robust replacement can be passed soonest."
Last edited by Sierra Lyricalia on Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Principal-Agent, Anarchy; Squadron Admiral [fmr], The Red Fleet
The Semi-Honorable Leonid Berkman Pavonis
Author: 354 GA / Issues 436, 451, 724
Ambassador Pro Tem
Tech Level: Complicated (or not: 7/0/6 i.e. 12) / RP Details
Jerk, Ideological Deviant, Roach, MT Army stooge, & "red [who] do[es]n't read" (various)
Illustrious Bum #279

Goobergunchia
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Goobergunchia » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:14 pm

The General Assembly resolution Repeal "Wartime Journalism Protection Act" was passed 10,740 votes to 4,272, and implemented in all WA member nations.

Heavens Reach
Diplomat

Founded: May 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Heavens Reach » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:13 am

Kenmoria wrote:
Heavens Reach wrote:
We would stake our economy on a replacement draft not being forthcoming.

“Is that a serious offer?” Ambassador Lewitt queried. “I ask because I do have plans to draft a replacement piece of legislation, adapted from a draft I pursued a few months back. Of course, there isn’t an official drafting chamber open for it yet, but be aware that the idea does exist.”

That the draft would remain an idea short of an offer of an entire nation's economy does seem more to our point than not, don't you agree, ambassador?
Last edited by Heavens Reach on Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Honeydewistania
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:16 am

Kenmoria wrote:
Heavens Reach wrote:
We would stake our economy on a replacement draft not being forthcoming.

“Is that a serious offer?” Ambassador Lewitt queried. “I ask because I do have plans to draft a replacement piece of legislation, adapted from a draft I pursued a few months back. Of course, there isn’t an official drafting chamber open for it yet, but be aware that the idea does exist.”

"Need. That. Replacement." declares Benji Hepperle, as he trembles at the report of yet another journalist kidnaped and tortured for reporting on a civil war for the rabid media consumers back home in Honeydewistania.
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Alger wrote:if you have egoquotes in your signature, touch grass

Previous

Return to WA Archives