NATION

PASSWORD

[SUBMITTED] Meat Meet

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Fauxia » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:02 pm

Switched the meats in the title.

How does it look? I will probably submit this in a week or so if no one has any further comments.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:11 am

[fallout] @@DEMONYMPLURAL@@ fear nothing so much as being caught with meat in their mouths

Funny, but maybe too risqué for an effect line, as class nations can always see effect lines.
editors like linguistic ambiguity more than most people

Krogon
Envoy

Founded: May 25, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Krogon » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:17 am

Description feels a little bare bones if you know what I mean *nudge nudge*

Perhaps a bit of background around why exactly the ambassador is eating meat?

Honeydewistania
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 am

Candlewhisper Archive wrote:
[fallout] @@DEMONYMPLURAL@@ fear nothing so much as being caught with meat in their mouths

Funny, but maybe too risqué for an effect line, as class nations can always see effect lines.
Didnt we have the whole pulling out issue? Or is that adult tagged?
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Alger wrote:if you have egoquotes in your signature, touch grass

Jutsa
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 06, 2015
Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:07 am

I'd be shocked if that weren't adult tagged. That said, I did have to change at least one effect line involving twigs and hippies due to being visible to non-class nations. :)

FTR that draft was originally as clean as any other draft of mine, but I was going through a mental crisis because I woke up at 6AM for some ungodly reason. Glad something good came out of it.
You're welcome to telegram me any questions you have of the game. Unless I've CTE'd (ceased to exist) - then you physically can't do that.

Helpful* Got Issues? Links (Not Pinned In Forum) *mostly: >List of Issue-Related Lists | >Personal List of Issue Ideas | >List of Known Missing Issues/Options |
>Trotterdam's Issue Results/Policies Tracker | >Val's Bonus Stats | >Fauzjhia's Easter Egg Guide | >My Joke Drafts List | >Sherp's Author Rankings

Other Nifty Links: >Best-Ranked Useful Dispatches | >NSindex | >IA's WA Proposal Office | >Major Discord Links | >Trivia | >Cards Against NS | >Polls

"Remember, licking doorknobs is perfectly legal on other planets." - Ja Luıñaí

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:30 pm

Bah, kids always get in the way of fun. I can see an opportunity to transfer it to the first option, perhaps, and slap on an adult tag.

Krogon wrote:Description feels a little bare bones if you know what I mean *nudge nudge*

Perhaps a bit of background around why exactly the ambassador is eating meat?

Thanks, but I respectfully disagree. You have the background, I think it’s best to leave questions of the ambassador’s motives up to the reader. @@LEADER@@ doesn’t know what goes on in the ambassador’s head, probably.

Honeydewistania wrote:
Didnt we have the whole pulling out issue? Or is that adult tagged?

Most of the dirty jokes in that one are in the options. Only one fallout is dirty but it’s probably not as overt as the one here. Generally, if the joke is obvious enough for me to make it, it’s probably obvious enough thatlots of school kids to catch it.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:01 pm

Okay, third draft is up, with that joke moved into option 1, a few more puns added, a few tweaks, and an adult tag slapped on.

I'll submit if no one has any objections.

Honeydewistania
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:55 am

put a ‘Nice to Meat You’ pun or smth along those lines
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Alger wrote:if you have egoquotes in your signature, touch grass

Cretox State
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Cretox State » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:47 pm

Fauxia wrote:Okay, third draft is up, with that joke moved into option 1, a few more puns added, a few tweaks, and an adult tag slapped on.

I like it! Just one comment regarding option 3:

We can flesh out an agreement to keep some unethical practices off the table, but we're adults now.

Maybe replace "now" with "for crying out loud!" or similar? It might just be my tired brain, but saying "we're adults now" doesn't seem to make much sense.
GA/SC/Issues author. Public Servant. Killer of Stats. Thought Leader. Influencer. P20 Laureate. Delegate Emeritus of thousands of regions.

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:09 pm

Cretox State wrote:
Fauxia wrote:Okay, third draft is up, with that joke moved into option 1, a few more puns added, a few tweaks, and an adult tag slapped on.

I like it! Just one comment regarding option 3:

We can flesh out an agreement to keep some unethical practices off the table, but we're adults now.

Maybe replace "now" with "for crying out loud!" or similar? It might just be my tired brain, but saying "we're adults now" doesn't seem to make much sense.

You’re right, it doesn’t.

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:55 pm

The macros were a little messed up, so I fixed those and tweaked the language again, then submitted. I don't know if it's my best, but it's not the wurst writing I've ever done.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:15 pm

Good Luck!
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?