NATION

PASSWORD

Progressive Regional Index [PRI

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Whole India
Attaché

Founded: Jul 18, 2019
Ex-Nation

Progressive Regional Index [PRI

Postby Whole India » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:05 am

I propose a new concept in NS. I propose a Progressive Regional Index [PRI]. Under this index, I propose a 4 monthly updating of regions in rankings based on their many things. The census will give points to regions, out of 300.

This will have all collected data like
1] in a region there are how many WAs? [this will be in Percent and that much percent will be converted to points out of 100]
2] And from the WAs how many have endorsed WAD? [again percent converted to points out of 100]
3] Are there elections? [if yes, 20 points if no 0 points. If yes then in excess like after one election in 10 days another = '-10' points and if rare like a year then '-5' points; if at a good basis like 4 months or 4 and half and in that span you finish all ministry elections and extra position elections then '+20']
4] And is there a registration of Citizenship or not? [If yes +10 if no '0'. If there is a short process, less time taking then '+10' and if long then '-5']
5] Does the region have its Military or not? [ if yes '+30', if no '-10']
6] Are there Ministries or is there autocracy or is there a aristocracy? [if many people rule for a 'term' and many have power due to elections then '+10', if one man's rule then even if elected still '-10' if any other non-elected system in which the main ruler chooses his successor then still '-10']

These will be the factors we will determine a better region in the PRI. It shall be a 4 monthly index.
Last edited by Whole India on Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Former Home minister, Former Minister of Defence of India
Former Bureaucrat for Home,Foreign Ministry of The North Pacific
Former Fellow for Cultural,Educational,Media Affairs of The South Pacific
Former Ambassador to International Democratic Union from TSP

"When people with similar thoughts come together success is achieved."
"If you want to see change then initiate that change."
"In your whole life don't be desperate, the more the desperate you are the more the mistakes you make. Accept facts and move on."
"When there is a heavy discontent against you expect something bad is waiting for you in future"
"Hindu is a geographical identity, the west made it a Hinduism, a religion"

Boda
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 14, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Boda » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:09 am

What exactly is the point of this?
The Order of the Grey Wardens
In War, Victory. In Peace, Vigilance. In Death, Sacrifice.

The New Cordian Empire
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 03, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Cordian Empire » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:31 am

He was hyping it up in a dispatch that notably called for a Nationalist/Fascist TSP. IDK what the point is :/
Save yourself the trouble and call me NCE.
My views and actions do not reflect those of my respective regions unless I specifically state otherwise.
Former Executive Director of Founderless
Kannap: It is I, the stranger in the night who cuts the power lines with hedge clippers
Zizou: like every time i look at lenin's picture i start thinking about onions
Senkaku: with respect, please shut the fuck up about norway

The New Cordian Empire
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 03, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Cordian Empire » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:32 am

He’s actually done this before...? And it died.
Save yourself the trouble and call me NCE.
My views and actions do not reflect those of my respective regions unless I specifically state otherwise.
Former Executive Director of Founderless
Kannap: It is I, the stranger in the night who cuts the power lines with hedge clippers
Zizou: like every time i look at lenin's picture i start thinking about onions
Senkaku: with respect, please shut the fuck up about norway

The Church of Satan
Minister

Founded: Apr 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Church of Satan » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:15 pm

So this is supposed to wag a finger at non-democratic regions then? Because that's what I'm getting from this. Don't get me wrong I love democracy but some regions just don't operate that way and no amount of finger wagging will change that.
The Rejected Realms: Former Delegate | Former Vice Delegate | Longest Consecutively Serving Officer in TRR History - 824 Days
Free the WA gnomes!

Chanku: This isn't an election it's an assault on the eyes. | Ikania: Hear! The Gospel of... Satan. Erh...
Yuno: Not gonna yell, but CoS is one of the best delegates ever | Ever-Wandering Souls: In the liberal justice system, raiding-based offenses are considered especially heinous. In The South Pacific, the dedicated defenders who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Council on Regional Security. These are their proscriptions. DUN DUN.

Spode Humbled Minions
Envoy

Founded: May 13, 2016
New York Times Democracy

Postby Spode Humbled Minions » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:46 pm

Doesn't look like this proposal is going to get many people on board (and to be honest, I'm not even quite sure what this is for) but for what it's worth, here's one data point, for the LCN.

185*

*maths
The LCN has 43 members who are WA members, out of 108 total members

43/108 = 0.39814814814, or 40 points

The delegate has 30 out of 43 WA members endorsing them

30/43 = 0.6976744186 is about 70 points

40 points for consistent elections

5 points, the citizenship process is long by design, but does exist

30 points for having a military

Because the LCN has appointed positions, unelected positions, and elected positions, I’ll just put it as 10+ (for elected positions), -10 (for the unelected ones), for a net of 0 points

30 + 5 + 40 + 70 + 40 = 185
"Sadly we do not have seven plagues to soften your hardened heart"
“Your existing state of mind is at caress to apocalypse.”

Xoriet
Minister

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Xoriet » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:46 pm

"The Index will have Top 20 Regions based on The Most World Assembly Endorsements in the World. And population above 10 or 10."

You are aware that there is no possible way a 10-nation region could have the most WA endorsements in the world? The top 20 regions are well into the hundreds of nations.
Senator of Diplomatic Affairs of the New Pacific Order

This flame we carry into battle
A fading memory
This light will conquer the darkness
Shining bright for all to see

Varanius
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 18, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Varanius » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:52 am

Xoriet wrote:"The Index will have Top 20 Regions based on The Most World Assembly Endorsements in the World. And population above 10 or 10."

You are aware that there is no possible way a 10-nation region could have the most WA endorsements in the world? The top 20 regions are well into the hundreds of nations.

Really? I thought it just dropped from TNP to a 10 nation UCR in the blink of an eye. Are you telling me there are a whole 20 regions with more then 11 WAD endorsements? What madness is this?!

Normally I wouldn’t beat a horse this dead on arrival, but I’m really bored
Minister of Foreign Affairs and Guardian of the West Pacific
Author of SC#401
Gameplays Most Popular

Angeloid Astraea wrote:I can't think of anyone that creates controversy out of nothing better than you!
Excidium Planetis wrote:Yeah, if you could enlighten me as to why you're such an asshole, that would be great.
Koth wrote:Vara is such a dedicated hater, it's impressive
Mlakhavia wrote:Vara isn't a gameplay personality, he's a concentrated ball of spite

Jar Wattinree
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 14, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Jar Wattinree » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:05 pm

Whole India wrote:I propose a new concept in NS. I propose a Progressive Regional Index [PRI]. Under this index, I propose a 4 monthly updating of regions in rankings based on their many things. The census will give points to regions, out of 300.

This will have all collected data like
1] in a region there are how many WAs? [this will be in Percent and that much percent will be converted to points out of 100]
2] And from the WAs how many have endorsed WAD? [again percent converted to points out of 100]

These are quantifiable by the game code easily enough. It's just that the GCRs will dominate the rankings.

Whole India wrote:3] Are there elections? [if yes, 20 points if no 0 points. If yes then in excess like after one election in 10 days another = '-10' points and if rare like a year then '-5' points; if at a good basis like 4 months or 4 and half and in that span you finish all ministry elections and extra position elections then '+20']
4] And is there a registration of Citizenship or not? [If yes +10 if no '0'. If there is a short process, less time taking then '+10' and if long then '-5']
5] Does the region have its Military or not? [ if yes '+30', if no '-10']
6] Are there Ministries or is there autocracy or is there a aristocracy? [if many people rule for a 'term' and many have power due to elections then '+10', if one man's rule then even if elected still '-10' if any other non-elected system in which the main ruler chooses his successor then still '-10']

These will be the factors we will determine a better region in the PRI. It shall be a 4 monthly index.

Number 3 is a technical impossibility. Every region goes through two elections daily, an election at Minor Update and an election at Major Update. It just happens that for the majority of regions the incumbent wins all elections.

Number 4 is also a technical impossibility, as "citizen registration" is an offsite thing. Unless you meant Influence + Residency, but then that is redundant.

Number 5 is also a technical impossibility. How is the game supposed to determine what is a "military" and what are just WAs endorsing certain nations? If this were quantifiable, then R/D would have been changed enormously nearly two decades ago.

Number 6 is also a technical impossibility. As stated in number 3, every region has two elections, one at Minor and one at Major. It is impossible for there to be an autocracy or aristocracy, unless you decide that Founders are always autocrats unless they make their position non-Executive upon founding the region and decide that all Regional Officers are aristocrats because they are appointed by the Founder or Executive WAD. How are you supposed to quantify that?

What you are really trying to do is adopt the "national" model of stats to regions. Regions have certain technical limitations that nations do not have. And there's no way you can tie Issue answering to an entity like a region. It is impossible, based on arbitrary game statistics, and subjective to your average nation.
By the Holy Flaming Hammer of Unholy Cosmic Frost
I will voyage 'cross the Multiverse to fight for what was lost!
From this realm of nuclear chaos, to a world beyond the stars
I will quest forever onwards, so far;
I will wield the Holy Hammer of Flame!
Unholy cosmic frost!

Ecce Princeps Dundonensis Imperator Ascendit In Astra Eterna!

Spode Humbled Minions
Envoy

Founded: May 13, 2016
New York Times Democracy

Technical impossibilities???

Postby Spode Humbled Minions » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:57 pm

What about the citizenship lists that are literally just dispatches, and the elections held through the polling system built into every region?

I remember the days before the standardization onto Discord... We had to have a dispatch to list citizenship, and there was even a google spreadsheet involved towards the end of that era (when I was in charge of those matters...).
——
Also, is it really the case that CGRs would dominate the WAs and WAs endorsing the delegate fields? The way that’s phrased in the OP makes me think that those are percentages, in which case I would think the much smaller regions would be at a large advantage (i.e., a region of three people who are all WA, and with everyone there endorsing a WA delegate would have a combined score for those two categories of 200, blowing all GCRs out of the water).
"Sadly we do not have seven plagues to soften your hardened heart"
“Your existing state of mind is at caress to apocalypse.”

Comfed
Minister

Founded: Apr 09, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Comfed » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:36 am

Why do you think NS democracy is better than NS dictatorship?

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay