NATION

PASSWORD

Should Black Lives Matter be considered a terrorist group?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
User avatar
Mazel
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 2
Founded: Jul 06, 2012
Capitalist Paradise

Should Black Lives Matter be considered a terrorist group?

Postby Mazel » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:32 pm

A domestic terrorist organization is defined by the FBI as:
"Violent, criminal acts committed by individuals and/or groups to further ideological goals stemming from domestic influences, such as those of a political, religious, social, racial, or environmental nature." -Copied directly from FBI website


Organizations such as the KKK fall into this category but weirdly, the most destructive political movement in the 21st century responsible for billions of dollars worth of property damage, countless attacks on innocent people and police, and violent rhetoric among MANY more horrible things they have done isn't a domestic terrorist organization. WHY?

Personally I do support equality for all races, and the idea that "Black Lives Matter"in the purest form is great, I know that in some areas of society there is few blacks represented, I like the words they officially speak. Their actions are another story though, the politicians are scared to speak badly of them because of the name of the organization.

If I built out an organization named Catz Rule which on the website claimsWe are an organization dedicated to spreading the word on how great cats and kittens are however in our demonstrations we attacked innocent people, burned down businesses, and were responsible for the death of hundreds of cats, we would be known as a terrorist organization. The same should be for BLM, it is a sad truth that they are treated better because they are black, that is horrible, as I said ALL races should be treated equally, they are a hate/domestic terrorist organization and should be seen as such.

Thanks for reading, please continue the thread, tell me if you agree or disagree and why.

User avatar
The Reformed American Republic
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1010
Founded: May 23, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Reformed American Republic » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:36 pm

I think there isn't enough evidence to say that they are a terrorist group. Do they have upstarts within though? Yes.
Last edited by The Reformed American Republic on Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Punished UMN
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 175
Founded: Jul 05, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Punished UMN » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:37 pm

This is a silly definition. Terrorism is only violence against civilians for the purpose of causing terror among the population.
Still lurking in the community, but don't expect much engagement.
Rawlsian socialist, but Mao had some good ideas.
Without the Communist Party, there would be no New China :^)

User avatar
Thanatttynia
Minister
 
Posts: 3481
Founded: Nov 10, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Thanatttynia » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:38 pm

No
No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. If a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friend's or of thine own were: any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.

User avatar
Heloin
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13520
Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Heloin » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:39 pm

Thanatttynia wrote:No

/thread
I hope you meet the rabbit with the feather in her hat, the penny whistle girl with the orange colored cap.
Bells on her coat and a raggle taggle kind of grin, she'll teach you how to love if you believe in her


Free All Of Africa From Hate
Proudly Zimbabwean | Art Thread | Stand With Hong Kong | One Big Union

User avatar
The Reformed American Republic
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1010
Founded: May 23, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Reformed American Republic » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:39 pm

Punished UMN wrote:This is a silly definition. Terrorism is only violence against civilians for the purpose of causing terror among the population.

That too. I need evidence that shows BLM seeks to do this.

User avatar
Picairn
Diplomat
 
Posts: 587
Founded: Feb 21, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Postby Picairn » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:39 pm

Provide credible evidence for your serious allegations with news articles within the green zone of this chart, before I can make a judgement on their actions.
Picairn's Ministry of Foreign Relations
Minister: Edward H. Cornell
WA Ambassador: John M. Terry (Active)
Pauline M. Warburton (Staff)
Long live the Emperor!
The Greater Ohio Valley wrote:Ayn Rand is a war criminal

Vivian James wrote:It is sophistry to try to redefine your opponent's arguments. It might feel good...

But so can jerking off in a subway.

The Emerald Legion wrote:Nobody generates wealth. Wealth exists. You simply shift it around, or sometimes discover more.

Atheris wrote:Blaming religion for Trump is like blaming science for tear gas.

User avatar
Japan and Pacific States
Diplomat
 
Posts: 617
Founded: Apr 09, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Japan and Pacific States » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:41 pm

Mazel wrote:A domestic terrorist organization is defined by the FBI as:
"Violent, criminal acts committed by individuals and/or groups to further ideological goals stemming from domestic influences, such as those of a political, religious, social, racial, or environmental nature." -Copied directly from FBI website


Organizations such as the KKK fall into this category but weirdly, the most destructive political movement in the 21st century responsible for billions of dollars worth of property damage, countless attacks on innocent people and police, and violent rhetoric among MANY more horrible things they have done isn't a domestic terrorist organization. WHY?

Personally I do support equality for all races, and the idea that "Black Lives Matter"in the purest form is great, I know that in some areas of society there is few blacks represented, I like the words they officially speak. Their actions are another story though, the politicians are scared to speak badly of them because of the name of the organization.

If I built out an organization named Catz Rule which on the website claimsWe are an organization dedicated to spreading the word on how great cats and kittens are however in our demonstrations we attacked innocent people, burned down businesses, and were responsible for the death of hundreds of cats, we would be known as a terrorist organization. The same should be for BLM, it is a sad truth that they are treated better because they are black, that is horrible, as I said ALL races should be treated equally, they are a hate/domestic terrorist organization and should be seen as such.

Thanks for reading, please continue the thread, tell me if you agree or disagree and why.


Black lives matter has recently in the past few months, mirrored ISIS in certain aspects in that they have torn down statues(ISIS tore down ancient statues in museums and destroyed ancient cities). They're an organisation which has done comparably worse with absolutely annihilating race relations in the United States and in the UK. They're certainly a terror organisation without question, as is antifa, at this point both are one and the same.
Nationstates Stats not Used
Everyone's favourite Alt-history Japanese empire with advanced tech and a new Shogunate.. And domination over half the world.
Current Events:The Shogunate has passed down a decree to the Imperial Japanese Army and Navy for the allowance of Non-Asiatics to serve in the Imperial Armed Forces, in addition to the allowance of Non-Asiatics to serve in the Imperial Royal Guard at the Non-nobility class ranking, 74 years after the end of the Asia-Pacific War.

User avatar
Rusozak
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1973
Founded: Jun 14, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Rusozak » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:42 pm

Didn't we already have a whole thread on this that had a pretty clear conclusion?
NOTE: This nation's government style, policies, and opinions in roleplay or forum 7 does not represent my true beliefs. It is purely for the enjoyment of the game.

User avatar
Picairn
Diplomat
 
Posts: 587
Founded: Feb 21, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Postby Picairn » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:45 pm

Japan and Pacific States wrote:Black lives matter has recently in the past few months, mirrored ISIS in certain aspects in that they have torn down statues(ISIS tore down ancient statues in museums and destroyed ancient cities). They're an organisation which has done comparably worse with absolutely annihilating race relations in the United States and in the UK. They're certainly a terror organisation without question, as is antifa, at this point both are one and the same.

So no evidence then?
Picairn's Ministry of Foreign Relations
Minister: Edward H. Cornell
WA Ambassador: John M. Terry (Active)
Pauline M. Warburton (Staff)
Long live the Emperor!
The Greater Ohio Valley wrote:Ayn Rand is a war criminal

Vivian James wrote:It is sophistry to try to redefine your opponent's arguments. It might feel good...

But so can jerking off in a subway.

The Emerald Legion wrote:Nobody generates wealth. Wealth exists. You simply shift it around, or sometimes discover more.

Atheris wrote:Blaming religion for Trump is like blaming science for tear gas.

User avatar
The Reformed American Republic
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1010
Founded: May 23, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Reformed American Republic » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:45 pm

Japan and Pacific States wrote:
Mazel wrote:A domestic terrorist organization is defined by the FBI as:

Organizations such as the KKK fall into this category but weirdly, the most destructive political movement in the 21st century responsible for billions of dollars worth of property damage, countless attacks on innocent people and police, and violent rhetoric among MANY more horrible things they have done isn't a domestic terrorist organization. WHY?

Personally I do support equality for all races, and the idea that "Black Lives Matter"in the purest form is great, I know that in some areas of society there is few blacks represented, I like the words they officially speak. Their actions are another story though, the politicians are scared to speak badly of them because of the name of the organization.

If I built out an organization named Catz Rule which on the website claimsWe are an organization dedicated to spreading the word on how great cats and kittens are however in our demonstrations we attacked innocent people, burned down businesses, and were responsible for the death of hundreds of cats, we would be known as a terrorist organization. The same should be for BLM, it is a sad truth that they are treated better because they are black, that is horrible, as I said ALL races should be treated equally, they are a hate/domestic terrorist organization and should be seen as such.

Thanks for reading, please continue the thread, tell me if you agree or disagree and why.


Black lives matter has recently in the past few months, mirrored ISIS in certain aspects in that they have torn down statues(ISIS tore down ancient statues in museums and destroyed ancient cities). They're an organisation which has done comparably worse with absolutely annihilating race relations in the United States and in the UK. They're certainly a terror organisation without question, as is antifa, at this point both are one and the same.

Many within are Marxist loons, but I think "terrorism" requires more than some skirmishes and statue teardowns. I have no love for BLM but terrorism is not a label that is taken lightly.

User avatar
Deacarsia
Diplomat
 
Posts: 994
Founded: May 12, 2019
Right-wing Utopia

Should Black Lives Matter be considered a terrorist group?

Postby Deacarsia » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:46 pm

Yea, “Black Lives Matter” should be considered a terrorist group.
Sic enim Deus dilexit mundum, ut Filium suum unigenitum daret: ut omnis qui credit in eum, non pereat, sed habeat vitam æternam.

User avatar
Japan and Pacific States
Diplomat
 
Posts: 617
Founded: Apr 09, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Japan and Pacific States » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:52 pm

Picairn wrote:
Japan and Pacific States wrote:Black lives matter has recently in the past few months, mirrored ISIS in certain aspects in that they have torn down statues(ISIS tore down ancient statues in museums and destroyed ancient cities). They're an organisation which has done comparably worse with absolutely annihilating race relations in the United States and in the UK. They're certainly a terror organisation without question, as is antifa, at this point both are one and the same.

So no evidence then?


I'm not your search engine. Find it yourself or don't continue the conversation.

The Reformed American Republic wrote:
Japan and Pacific States wrote:
Black lives matter has recently in the past few months, mirrored ISIS in certain aspects in that they have torn down statues(ISIS tore down ancient statues in museums and destroyed ancient cities). They're an organisation which has done comparably worse with absolutely annihilating race relations in the United States and in the UK. They're certainly a terror organisation without question, as is antifa, at this point both are one and the same.

Many within are Marxist loons, but I think "terrorism" requires more than some skirmishes and statue teardowns. I have no love for BLM but terrorism is not a label that is taken lightly.


They've certainly done enough in the US and UK to warrant it, it takes merely a search on bing to see it.
Nationstates Stats not Used
Everyone's favourite Alt-history Japanese empire with advanced tech and a new Shogunate.. And domination over half the world.
Current Events:The Shogunate has passed down a decree to the Imperial Japanese Army and Navy for the allowance of Non-Asiatics to serve in the Imperial Armed Forces, in addition to the allowance of Non-Asiatics to serve in the Imperial Royal Guard at the Non-nobility class ranking, 74 years after the end of the Asia-Pacific War.

User avatar
Aeritai
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1516
Founded: Oct 25, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Aeritai » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:54 pm

Yeah I don't think this thread is going to end well...
"It's time for you to look inward and start asking yourself the big question: who are you and what do you want?”-Uncle Iroh.
I am a Human Male
Pro: Vaccines, Civil Rights, Reform Police, Christian, Pro-Life, Globe Earth, and Peace
Neutral: Democrat, and Republican
Anti: Anti-Vaxxers, Flat Earth, Global Warming, and Police Abolishment

User avatar
Latvijas Otra Republika
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1680
Founded: Feb 22, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby Latvijas Otra Republika » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:55 pm

Deacarsia wrote:Yea, “Black Lives Matter” should be considered a terrorist group.

based post
Big up LV Rugby. Gobzems - 2022. Trump - 2020. .-.-.-.

2024: The Long Peace - Latvia
Land of The Free
"Just so tired of being so tired"

User avatar
Heloin
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13520
Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Heloin » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:58 pm

Japan and Pacific States wrote:
Picairn wrote:So no evidence then?


I'm not your search engine. Find it yourself or don't continue the conversation.

The Reformed American Republic wrote:Many within are Marxist loons, but I think "terrorism" requires more than some skirmishes and statue teardowns. I have no love for BLM but terrorism is not a label that is taken lightly.


They've certainly done enough in the US and UK to warrant it, it takes merely a search on bing to see it.

Let me load up the ye olde Internet Explorer for this.
I hope you meet the rabbit with the feather in her hat, the penny whistle girl with the orange colored cap.
Bells on her coat and a raggle taggle kind of grin, she'll teach you how to love if you believe in her


Free All Of Africa From Hate
Proudly Zimbabwean | Art Thread | Stand With Hong Kong | One Big Union

User avatar
Catsfern
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 425
Founded: Mar 09, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Catsfern » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:01 pm

I wouldn't say the general BLM movement in and of itself is terrorism, but I would say some individuals are using it as a reason to commit acts that would be considered terrorism
I use NS stats that applies to everyone no exceptions
CANNON INFO
WIP wiki here https://catsfern.fandom.com/wiki/Catsfern_WikiWIKI ALWAYS UPDATING!Most recent page: Map and States
ASK ME ANYTHING HERE https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?ns=1&f=23&t=472606
Catsfernian Newspaper! (new edition every week / edition 31 out now)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/15CywWf8K6aSGbr63zhtnrIHsl4Y3X-mLVO2xOiUemro/edit?usp=sharing

100 COPIES OF MY OWN NATIONS CARD! https://www.nationstates.net/page=deck/collection=240
Lore development https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=479785
Interacting With me? Read This. https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1304258

User avatar
Shazbotdom
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8000
Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:01 pm

Japan and Pacific States wrote:
Picairn wrote:So no evidence then?


I'm not your search engine. Find it yourself or don't continue the conversation.


That...is NOT how debate works. You made the claim, now you need to back it up.
Last edited by Shazbotdom on Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jorgensen/Cohen 2020
Darth Bane/Darth Vader 2020 -- Together, we can Rule the Galaxy!

The Shazbotdom Empire || ShazWeb || IIWiki || Embassies v6.0 || Discord: YourDaddyShaz#0741
ShazAir || Shaz City International Airport || Shazbotdom News Corporation (News Thread)
Shazbert Bot's Gaming Adventures || PolyComp: E: -0.52 | S: -3.33 || WSPT: E: 100% | P: 100%

User avatar
Fedel
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1071
Founded: Mar 08, 2018
Father Knows Best State

Postby Fedel » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:01 pm

Punished UMN wrote:This is a silly definition. Terrorism is only violence against civilians for the purpose of causing terror among the population.


Would you say it's impossible that some members of BLM believe that causing terror among the population is a viable path to their ultimate goal, similar to how many members of the KKK or Islamic terrorist organizations believing that causing terror among the population is a viable path to theirs? Just curious.
Last edited by Fedel on Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Atheris
Minister
 
Posts: 2135
Founded: Oct 05, 2018
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Atheris » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:01 pm

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha, hoooooooo...

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

No.
Dollystana wrote:The one nation that you can’t get rid of.
Ceranapis wrote:"Who needs a country when you can write Ace Attorney fan fiction?"
The Galactic Empire unironically did nothing wrong.
Nouveau Quebecois did nothing wrong!
The self-proclaimed Resident Shitposter of NSG.
Ace/aro. Cis he/him. Trans ally.
"To comment is human, to preview, divine." - Godot
Orthodox Preterist Lutheran Christian.
I write AA fanfiction. Fuck you if you judge me.
WA RP nation: Union of Sovereign States and Republics
"What tangled webs we weave when we practice to deceive." - Sir Walter Scott

User avatar
Atheris
Minister
 
Posts: 2135
Founded: Oct 05, 2018
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Atheris » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:02 pm

Japan and Pacific States wrote:
Picairn wrote:So no evidence then?


I'm not your search engine. Find it yourself or don't continue the conversation.

...You're aware the burden of proof lies on you, right?
Last edited by Atheris on Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dollystana wrote:The one nation that you can’t get rid of.
Ceranapis wrote:"Who needs a country when you can write Ace Attorney fan fiction?"
The Galactic Empire unironically did nothing wrong.
Nouveau Quebecois did nothing wrong!
The self-proclaimed Resident Shitposter of NSG.
Ace/aro. Cis he/him. Trans ally.
"To comment is human, to preview, divine." - Godot
Orthodox Preterist Lutheran Christian.
I write AA fanfiction. Fuck you if you judge me.
WA RP nation: Union of Sovereign States and Republics
"What tangled webs we weave when we practice to deceive." - Sir Walter Scott

User avatar
Japan and Pacific States
Diplomat
 
Posts: 617
Founded: Apr 09, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Japan and Pacific States » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:04 pm

Shazbotdom wrote:
Japan and Pacific States wrote:
I'm not your search engine. Find it yourself or don't continue the conversation.


That...is NOT how debate works. You made the claim, now you need to back it up.


Never said I was debating I've spent enough time on twitter to know that anyone who refutes my point with "evidence please" is clearly asking to have said evidence spoon fed to them. Making them look for the evidence is more.... How would one put this.... Effective. In proving the point. And I'm sick of doing everything for someone who screams "EviDEncE PlEESe"
Nationstates Stats not Used
Everyone's favourite Alt-history Japanese empire with advanced tech and a new Shogunate.. And domination over half the world.
Current Events:The Shogunate has passed down a decree to the Imperial Japanese Army and Navy for the allowance of Non-Asiatics to serve in the Imperial Armed Forces, in addition to the allowance of Non-Asiatics to serve in the Imperial Royal Guard at the Non-nobility class ranking, 74 years after the end of the Asia-Pacific War.

User avatar
Fennoscandia Union
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 64
Founded: Apr 07, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Fennoscandia Union » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:05 pm

The Reformed American Republic wrote:
Japan and Pacific States wrote:
Black lives matter has recently in the past few months, mirrored ISIS in certain aspects in that they have torn down statues(ISIS tore down ancient statues in museums and destroyed ancient cities). They're an organisation which has done comparably worse with absolutely annihilating race relations in the United States and in the UK. They're certainly a terror organisation without question, as is antifa, at this point both are one and the same.

Many within are Marxist loons, but I think "terrorism" requires more than some skirmishes and statue teardowns. I have no love for BLM but terrorism is not a label that is taken lightly.

Agree with this.
Liberate Hong Kong, revolution of our times


If you support Capitalism, put this in your signature
_[' ]_
(-_Q)

User avatar
Catsfern
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 425
Founded: Mar 09, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Catsfern » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:07 pm

Japan and Pacific States wrote:
Shazbotdom wrote:
That...is NOT how debate works. You made the claim, now you need to back it up.


Never said I was debating I've spent enough time on twitter to know that anyone who refutes my point with "evidence please" is clearly asking to have said evidence spoon fed to them. Making them look for the evidence is more.... How would one put this.... Effective. In proving the point. And I'm sick of doing everything for someone who screams "EviDEncE PlEESe"


This is a discussion thread, if you raise a point its your burden to support it, not to make everyone else do what should be your legwork, If you think BLM is acting like a terrorist organisation please provide evidence of that, or if you can't don't raise the point.
I use NS stats that applies to everyone no exceptions
CANNON INFO
WIP wiki here https://catsfern.fandom.com/wiki/Catsfern_WikiWIKI ALWAYS UPDATING!Most recent page: Map and States
ASK ME ANYTHING HERE https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?ns=1&f=23&t=472606
Catsfernian Newspaper! (new edition every week / edition 31 out now)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/15CywWf8K6aSGbr63zhtnrIHsl4Y3X-mLVO2xOiUemro/edit?usp=sharing

100 COPIES OF MY OWN NATIONS CARD! https://www.nationstates.net/page=deck/collection=240
Lore development https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=479785
Interacting With me? Read This. https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1304258

User avatar
Punished UMN
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 175
Founded: Jul 05, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Punished UMN » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:07 pm

Fedel wrote:
Punished UMN wrote:This is a silly definition. Terrorism is only violence against civilians for the purpose of causing terror among the population.


Would you say it's impossible that some members of BLM believe that causing terror among the population is a viable path to their ultimate goal, similar to how many members of the KKK or Islamic terrorist organizations believing that causing terror among the population is a viable path to theirs? Just curious.

What some within a movement believe doesn't define the movement's actions.
Still lurking in the community, but don't expect much engagement.
Rawlsian socialist, but Mao had some good ideas.
Without the Communist Party, there would be no New China :^)

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Austria-Bohemia-Hungary, Borderlands of Rojava, Ceranapis, Enormous Gentiles, Ethel mermania, Greed and Death, Grinning Dragon, Hurdergaryp, Ifreann, Loben III, Nobel Hobos 2, Nuroblav, The Greater Ohio Valley, The Twilight Embassy, Valrifell, Vassenor

Advertisement

Remove ads