NATION

PASSWORD

Which communism to choose?

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
User avatar
Kadajistan
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 17
Founded: Mar 24, 2020
Corporate Police State

Which communism to choose?

Postby Kadajistan » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:28 am

This is translated with a translator, I don't speak English, I only speak Spanish

I have been thinking what communism to use for my nation, and I am between that of Venezuela or Cuba but I cannot decide which one to choose.

I also do not decide whether to make a unified communist party or a colition like the one that governs Venezuela today.

that you think is better.

I want a communism with a false sense of freedom and in a country where there are regionalist parties.

User avatar
Frei Saarland
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 41
Founded: Dec 10, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Frei Saarland » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:43 pm

I'm pretty sure Venezuela isn't actually communist, they just have lots of nationalized industry but private industry is still legal. So I would say Cuba since they are more true version communism.
Last edited by Frei Saarland on Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
| Factbook | Embassy Program | Flag |
Forever free, other than all those times we've been invaded.
I don't use NS metrics.

User avatar
Union of Sovereign States and Republics
Diplomat
 
Posts: 601
Founded: Nov 16, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Union of Sovereign States and Republics » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:44 pm

You may want to look into Nikolai Bukharin. He was a Soviet communist - he advocated for liberalization, fractional democracy, and a style of communism that you seem to be interested in.
Last edited by Union of Sovereign States and Republics on Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current IC Year: 2027
The Union of Sovereign States and Republics; USSR
In 1991, a plane carrying would-be conspirators of an armed coup crashed in the Crimean Peninsula. Without the coup, the Union of Sovereign States treaty was signed; and the USSR survived... NS states are not canon.
Current Ruling Party: CENTER-LEFT COALITION; SDPSU, CPSU, APSU
News: BICS overtakes combined GDP of G7; Carbon sequestration underway in USA, USSR, Germany; France announces successful test of nuclear weaponry

User avatar
Brogosilavia
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 12
Founded: Jun 28, 2020
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Brogosilavia » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:50 pm

Image

Titoism maybe?

User avatar
Kadajistan
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 17
Founded: Mar 24, 2020
Corporate Police State

Postby Kadajistan » Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:40 am

Okay, thanks, but my biggest question is whether to put together a unified communist party or a coalition of all left-wing parties.

User avatar
Allumeer
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 4
Founded: Jul 15, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Allumeer » Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:33 am

Kadajistan wrote:Okay, thanks, but my biggest question is whether to put together a unified communist party or a coalition of all left-wing parties.

Which would make the most sense in the context of your nation's history & culture? Party systems don't develop in a vacuum

User avatar
Kadajistan
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 17
Founded: Mar 24, 2020
Corporate Police State

Postby Kadajistan » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:35 am

Kadajistan was previously an Islamic monarchy until there was a communist rebellion that caused a civil war after 2 years of war the communists won and proclaimed the people's republic, since then the communist party governs in majority allied with a social democratic party with a very controlled opposition and scarce.


It has not held elections since never, the communist party was put into power by force, now it is a communist dictatorship like Cuba

User avatar
Mordka
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 125
Founded: Aug 12, 2018
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Mordka » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:21 pm

Debe ser un partido comunista unificado y altamente centralizado

User avatar
Kashimura
Secretary
 
Posts: 38
Founded: Apr 24, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Postby Kashimura » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:48 pm

When I think of the illusion of freedom, I think of Juche. The illusion of freedom can be achieved in any system as long as you have excellent propaganda control in place, and North Korea has entirely convinced their loyalists that America and the rest of the world eat pigeons and drink snow. I’m not sure if it still counts as Communism anymore, but Juche has the thought control.
⛔️ OUR IMPERIAL FACTBOOKS ARE UNDER ⛔️
⛔️ CONSTRUCTION! ⛔️
⚠️ Please consult this factbook until further notice! ⚠️

This empire DOES NOT use NSStats, but it does guide its own NSStats to better fit the nation.

An 11.75 civilization, according to this index.

User avatar
Shamsiyya
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 401
Founded: Oct 11, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Shamsiyya » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:37 am

Hola!
My nation is another Middle-East-inspired country (not Islamic, though), which used to be a Sultanate until a civil war and a takeover of a communist party within a few years, in the 1930s and 1940s (not in power anymore), developing its own variation of Socialism that was supposed to fit Shamsiyyan culture better than socialist/communist ideologies of that time. As a result, I would suggest you to move away from Latin American models a tiny bit and have a look into socialist countries in the Arab World instead, starting with the Baath Party in Syria and Iraq, or, maybe even fitting your needs better, Libya under Col. Muammar al-Gaddafi and his Jamahiriyya ideology. Another that might be worth giving a look, even though not taken from the Arab World, is the system of local self-administration and workers' self-management, as prevailed In Yugoslavia under Tito.
(Since you don't speak English, the links all lead to the Spanish-language Wikipedia. Since I do not speak Spanish, I cannot judge on how well-written or detailed they are, I'm afraid, but they might be a good start for now.)

Greetings,
Shamsiyya

User avatar
Kadajistan
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 17
Founded: Mar 24, 2020
Corporate Police State

Postby Kadajistan » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:05 am

Thank you for all the information, I know which way to go, but I have another question, I am going to make general elections and I don't know if it is regionalist parties or not, and I don't know whether to make coalitions or not.

Elections are on 9/8/2020

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=kad ... id=1398287

User avatar
Shamsiyya
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 401
Founded: Oct 11, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Shamsiyya » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:49 am

Kadajistan wrote:Thank you for all the information, I know which way to go, but I have another question, I am going to make general elections and I don't know if it is regionalist parties or not, and I don't know whether to make coalitions or not.

Elections are on 9/8/2020

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=kad ... id=1398287

You're welcome!
Now, that one is a bit of a tough question, but I would general say, it depends on where the motivation to organize a general election comes from. Does the prevailing Communist Party have a true interest in having free and fair elections for the people to decide on, or does it only want to keep the illusion of freedom alive (see the post by Kashimura) and actually want to remain in power?
If there is a true and honest intention to give the people a voice, I would go with coalition governments, and also allow regionalist parties to exist and run for the election, in order to have regional interests represented in the national legislature.
If it's only some 'decorative' election, I would go with a 'winner takes all' system like in the U.S., so if the Communist Party wins the most seats, it remains in full control without having other parties' interests in mind.
In the latter case, you might even consider making the other parties some kind of 'Bloc Parties', forced into a coalition with the CP and supporting its interests, like the Democratic Bloc in East Germany (article isn't available in Spanish; you'll need to use a translator), or other coalitions of this sort in communist states.
You will have to decide - this is all I can come up with for now. ^^

User avatar
The Pacifican Islands
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1072
Founded: May 30, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Pacifican Islands » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:52 am

Brogosilavia wrote:(Image)

Titoism maybe?

YES choose titoism

User avatar
Kadajistan
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 17
Founded: Mar 24, 2020
Corporate Police State

Postby Kadajistan » Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:45 am

Shamsiyya wrote:
Kadajistan wrote:Thank you for all the information, I know which way to go, but I have another question, I am going to make general elections and I don't know if it is regionalist parties or not, and I don't know whether to make coalitions or not.

Elections are on 9/8/2020

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=kad ... id=1398287

You're welcome!
Now, that one is a bit of a tough question, but I would general say, it depends on where the motivation to organize a general election comes from. Does the prevailing Communist Party have a true interest in having free and fair elections for the people to decide on, or does it only want to keep the illusion of freedom alive (see the post by Kashimura) and actually want to remain in power?
If there is a true and honest intention to give the people a voice, I would go with coalition governments, and also allow regionalist parties to exist and run for the election, in order to have regional interests represented in the national legislature.
If it's only some 'decorative' election, I would go with a 'winner takes all' system like in the U.S., so if the Communist Party wins the most seats, it remains in full control without having other parties' interests in mind.
In the latter case, you might even consider making the other parties some kind of 'Bloc Parties', forced into a coalition with the CP and supporting its interests, like the Democratic Bloc in East Germany (article isn't available in Spanish; you'll need to use a translator), or other coalitions of this sort in communist states.
You will have to decide - this is all I can come up with for now. ^^



the choices are decorative, to give a feeling of freedom

User avatar
Zarate-Campana
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 15
Founded: Mar 26, 2020
Father Knows Best State

Postby Zarate-Campana » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:54 pm

Kadajistan wrote:This is translated with a translator, I don't speak English, I only speak Spanish

I have been thinking what communism to use for my nation, and I am between that of Venezuela or Cuba but I cannot decide which one to choose.

I also do not decide whether to make a unified communist party or a colition like the one that governs Venezuela today.

that you think is better.

I want a communism with a false sense of freedom and in a country where there are regionalist parties.


Vietnamese, read about Ho Chi Minh

User avatar
Cascadia Ecotopia
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 11
Founded: Jul 17, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cascadia Ecotopia » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:23 pm

Look into Strasserism.


Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Altpeak, Austria-Bohemia-Hungary, Google [Bot], New Vihenia, Saint Mildrith, The Maine Commonwealth, The New California Republic, Triplebaconation

Advertisement

Remove ads