NATION

PASSWORD

Cold War RP III (Closed.)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

A New UN Name because I don't want to WA this.

Poll ended at Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:07 pm

League of Nations
41%
Pact of Nations
No votes
Assembly of the World
6%
World Assembly (originality right here)
No votes
World Organisation
6%
General Assembly
24%
Organisation of United Nations
18%
Nations United
6%

Total votes : 17

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:47 pm

Monsone wrote:
Bolslania wrote:Well he should've been a bit more diplomatic shouldn't he?

Or understand that unlike the USA, if war with the USSR broke out, a land invasion would affect Germany first, then France and the Belenlux countries as well as Italy, and then the UK. In military terms, Germany is the USSR's Belgium, France is the USSR's Maginot Line that is to be circumvented by going north through Belgium and the Netherlands, and then the UK is that last holdout that would watch in horror as Europe is steamrolled by the USSR. So yeah, the fear of the USSR, and the need for more cooperation and coordination as well as nuclear weapons is logical from the French, German, or British perspective. After all, it would still take a nuclear bomber 10+ hours to hit it's target, by which time who knows what could happen in Europe.

With war with the USSR the maginot line would mean nothing. They’d steamroll Poland and Germany, go through Belgium and then destroy France like the Germans in WW2. Thabksfully, I’m not in Europe.
Behind the free market lies the iron fist of the state - the one thing I learned from The Blaatschapen, excluding how to say sheep in dutch.
Update: apparently it’s bleating sheep.

Monsone
Minister

Founded: Apr 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:49 pm

Mathuvan Union wrote:
Monsone wrote:Or understand that unlike the USA, if war with the USSR broke out, a land invasion would affect Germany first, then France and the Belenlux countries as well as Italy, and then the UK. In military terms, Germany is the USSR's Belgium, France is the USSR's Maginot Line that is to be circumvented by going north through Belgium and the Netherlands, and then the UK is that last holdout that would watch in horror as Europe is steamrolled by the USSR. So yeah, the fear of the USSR, and the need for more cooperation and coordination as well as nuclear weapons is logical from the French, German, or British perspective. After all, it would still take a nuclear bomber 10+ hours to hit it's target, by which time who knows what could happen in Europe.

With war with the USSR the maginot line would mean nothing. They’d steamroll Poland and Germany, go through Belgium and then destroy France like the Germans in WW2. Thabksfully, I’m not in Europe.

That's basically what I said. In ten hours, the Sovietss could be in Bonn, Amsterdam, or even...Paris.
Mohn-sohn-eh

Nuclear Power, Electric Vehicles, Single-Payer Universal Healthcare, High-Speed Rail, Social Services, Public Transit, Social Democracy, and Social Democracy.

Sarderia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:50 pm

Romextly wrote:I will leave Truman to go with with coty and the german guy (sorry forgot his name :) ) Monsone and possibly Bolsania, when I get nukes i'll help you guys

Why would you want American blueprints anyway? Given time, you'll have one. I've offered to station more American troops, and even place American nuclear weapons in Germany to deter any possible Soviet invasion. But no, let's trash all of it because America bad and I want nukez.
Mathuvan Union wrote:
Bolslania wrote:Sounds good to me

Sard won’t be happy :blush:

I won't care too much tbh
Takkan Melayu Hilang Di Dunia

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:51 pm

Monsone wrote:
Mathuvan Union wrote:With war with the USSR the maginot line would mean nothing. They’d steamroll Poland and Germany, go through Belgium and then destroy France like the Germans in WW2. Thabksfully, I’m not in Europe.

That's basically what I said. In ten hours, the Sovietss could be in Bonn, Amsterdam, or even...Paris.

I acknowledge this threat, though I could help if you’d let me patrol the ocean with them, and army exercises
Behind the free market lies the iron fist of the state - the one thing I learned from The Blaatschapen, excluding how to say sheep in dutch.

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:52 pm

Sarderia wrote:
Romextly wrote:I will leave Truman to go with with coty and the german guy (sorry forgot his name :) ) Monsone and possibly Bolsania, when I get nukes i'll help you guys

Why would you want American blueprints anyway? Given time, you'll have one. I've offered to station more American troops, and even place American nuclear weapons in Germany to deter any possible Soviet invasion. But no, let's trash all of it because America bad and I want nukez.
Mathuvan Union wrote:Sard won’t be happy :blush:

If you really cared you wouldn’t be having none of it with Russian threats.

Sarderia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:04 pm

Mathuvan Union wrote:
Sarderia wrote:Why would you want American blueprints anyway? Given time, you'll have one. I've offered to station more American troops, and even place American nuclear weapons in Germany to deter any possible Soviet invasion. But no, let's trash all of it because America bad and I want nukez.

If you really cared you wouldn’t be having none of it with Russian threats.

Truman's concerns is justified. The top nuclear scientist in France is a Communist, and while he is purged IRL, there's no guarantee France wouldn't spill any credential information to the Soviets, or just sell the nukes to some warlord or 3rd-world ruler in another part of the world. Truman would give Castillo, the Venezuelan dictator, American nukes first before giving France the blueprints, because at least Castillo is concerned with his regime's survival, not being a thorn in the side for the US. Germany borders the DDR, a powerful Soviet satellite on their own, and there is a lot of Communist sympathizers as well. Actually giving Germany the nuclear weapon might be the best counter to deter France's superpower ambitions, but I'll let the events unfold first before making a move.
Last edited by Sarderia on Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wasi State
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Wasi State » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:21 pm

Hmm if the UK leaves NATO, South African will probably declare independence early to remain on the US's goodside and support.
Chedastan Puppet

Monsone
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:24 pm

Sarderia wrote:
Mathuvan Union wrote:If you really cared you wouldn’t be having none of it with Russian threats.

Truman's concerns is justified. The top nuclear scientist in France is a Communist, and while he is purged IRL, there's no guarantee France wouldn't spill any credential information to the Soviets, or just sell the nukes to some warlord or 3rd-world ruler in another part of the world. Truman would give Castillo, the Venezuelan dictator, American nukes first before giving France the blueprints, because at least Castillo is concerned with his regime's survival, not being a thorn in the side for the US. Germany borders the DDR, a powerful Soviet satellite on their own, and there is a lot of Communist sympathizers as well. Actually giving Germany the nuclear weapon might be the best counter to deter France's superpower ambitions, but I'll let the events unfold first before making a move.

You realize I wouldn't sell nuclear weapons, right? That was prohibited already IRL by the early 1950s. It's more likely I would sell nuclear reactors and centrifuges to other nations for nuclear energy programs. IRL France only gave nuclear secrets to Israel since they both cooperated on the French nuclear bomb project, and it would remain that way in this RP.

Also, why would I purge a top scientist that hasn't hurt or killed anyone and who is merely a communist and not a Soviet spy when the USA let people like Guderian walk free, and even hired Von Braun (who used prisoner slave labor to build V-2 rockets in WW2)? Sure Curie is a communist, but he isn't a Soviet spy. And while IRL he was sacked for being communist, in this RP, he is kept on because he is France's best scientist.

And frankly, if you gave Venezuela nuclear weapons, Castillo would probably use them on the rebels as to knock out lots of rebels in one blow. You know what that would mean? UN sanctions on the USA and Venezuela and possibly the USA being kicked out of NATO (yes, the US could be kicked out of NATO. The pro-Europe block has more votes than the USA, and if the afromentioned scenario occurred, no nation would dare support the USA; not even Canada). Or more nightmarish, Castillo looses and the nuclear bombs fall to pro-Soviet rebels. And now you've basically got the Cuban Missile Crisis.

And if you give Germany nuclear weapons, kiss your French bases goodbye because the French IRL (as in this RP) still have some trust issues with Germany in the early 1950s. A rearmed Germany? Acceptable in French eyes. A nuclear armed Germany? Sacré bleu!
Mohn-sohn-eh

Nuclear Power, Electric Vehicles, Single-Payer Universal Healthcare, High-Speed Rail, Social Services, Public Transit, Social Democracy, and Social Democracy.

Bolslania
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bolslania » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:26 pm

Sarderia wrote:

Mathuvan Union wrote:Sard won’t be happy :blush:

It's not "America bad" it's that you're being a dick IC-ly, and having YOUR nukes and more of YOUR soldiers in OUR countries isn't a good deal for us.

And you can't bitch about us leaking it. Cuz guess who already leaked nukes to the Russians?!

You did! :)
Last edited by Bolslania on Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Monsone
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:30 pm

Bolslania wrote:
Sarderia wrote:Why would you want American blueprints anyway? Given time, you'll have one. I've offered to station more American troops, and even place American nuclear weapons in Germany to deter any possible Soviet invasion. But no, let's trash all of it because America bad and I want nukez.

It's not "America bad" it's that you're being a dick IC-ly, and having YOUR nukes and more of YOUR soldiers in OUR countries isn't a good deal for us.

And yes. We want nukes

We're not even asking for fully assembled bombs. At the very least, just the plans. The UK and France could source and provide fissile material, and Germany could build the bomb components while each country assembles their own bombs and modifies them as they see fit.
Mohn-sohn-eh

Sarderia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:32 pm

Monsone wrote:
Sarderia wrote:Truman's concerns is justified. The top nuclear scientist in France is a Communist, and while he is purged IRL, there's no guarantee France wouldn't spill any credential information to the Soviets, or just sell the nukes to some warlord or 3rd-world ruler in another part of the world. Truman would give Castillo, the Venezuelan dictator, American nukes first before giving France the blueprints, because at least Castillo is concerned with his regime's survival, not being a thorn in the side for the US. Germany borders the DDR, a powerful Soviet satellite on their own, and there is a lot of Communist sympathizers as well. Actually giving Germany the nuclear weapon might be the best counter to deter France's superpower ambitions, but I'll let the events unfold first before making a move.

You realize I wouldn't sell nuclear weapons, right? That was prohibited already IRL by the early 1950s. It's more likely I would sell nuclear reactors and centrifuges to other nations for nuclear energy programs. IRL France only gave nuclear secrets to Israel since they both cooperated on the French nuclear bomb project, and it would remain that way in this RP.

Also, why would I purge a top scientist that hasn't hurt or killed anyone and who is merely a communist and not a Soviet spy when the USA let people like Guderian walk free, and even hired Von Braun (who used prisoner slave labor to build V-2 rockets in WW2)? Sure Curie is a communist, but he isn't a Soviet spy. And while IRL he was sacked for being communist, in this RP, he is kept on because he is France's best scientist.

And frankly, if you gave Venezuela nuclear weapons, Castillo would probably use them on the rebels as to knock out lots of rebels in one blow. You know what that would mean? UN sanctions on the USA and Venezuela and possibly the USA being kicked out of NATO (yes, the US could be kicked out of NATO. The pro-Europe block has more votes than the USA, and if the afromentioned scenario occurred, no nation would dare support the USA; not even Canada). Or more nightmarish, Castillo looses and the nuclear bombs fall to pro-Soviet rebels. And now you've basically got the Cuban Missile Crisis.

And if you give Germany nuclear weapons, kiss your French bases goodbye because the French IRL (as in this RP) still have some trust issues with Germany in the early 1950s. A rearmed Germany? Acceptable in French eyes. A nuclear armed Germany? Sacré bleu!

How can you ensure Curie would not be a Soviet sympathizer? In the eyes of the CIA, he is equal to a CPUSA member - a Communist in the midst of a NATO government system, only Curie would be far more dangerous because he actually had access to nuclear weapon blueprints.

On another note, I'm going to give Germany nuclear blueprints, both as a launchpad against the Soviet Union, and as a deterrent against France as well, should they try to do something drastic. Bolslania what do you think?
Bolslania wrote:

And you can't bitch about us leaking it. Cuz guess who already leaked nukes to the Russians?!

The Russians developed their nuclear program independently. That's why I stated the Russians only got their nuclear capabilities recently. If they stole something from the Manhattan Project, they would've had nukes since 1949. Also, this is a roleplay - you should learn not to use insults liberally when someone does something you don't like in IC. I think I already gave you what you want - nuclear weapons in Germany - just manned by Americans, of course, but the Kaiser can deploy it whenever he wishes so. However, blueprints specifically, is not included.

Monsone
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:41 pm

Sarderia wrote:
Monsone wrote:

How can you ensure Curie would not be a Soviet sympathizer? In the eyes of the CIA, he is equal to a CPUSA member - a Communist in the midst of a NATO government system, only Curie would be far more dangerous because he actually had access to nuclear weapon blueprints.

On another note, I'm going to give Germany nuclear blueprints, both as a launchpad against the Soviet Union, and as a deterrent against France as well, should they try to do something drastic. Bolslania what do you think?

Oh, it's not like the French nuclear project is under constant scrutiny by the MoD, or that every member of the project who is important is followed at all times by an SDECE minder who reports to the French president. See, the French government in this RP could care less about someone's political leaning as long as they are loyal to France, not a foreign agent or mole, and do their job correctly. So being a communist is no issue as long as you aren't a foreign mole/agent and you do your job correctly. And as long as Curie fits the above criteria, he is a non-issue in French eyes.

Also, what would Germany need to deter me from? Trading with them? Seriously, I have no plans to invade Germany. Their nukes would be solely for use against the USSR because France is not a threat to Germany.
Mohn-sohn-eh

Sarderia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:48 pm

Monsone wrote:
Sarderia wrote:How can you ensure Curie would not be a Soviet sympathizer? In the eyes of the CIA, he is equal to a CPUSA member - a Communist in the midst of a NATO government system, only Curie would be far more dangerous because he actually had access to nuclear weapon blueprints.

Oh, it's not like the French nuclear project is under constant scrutiny by the MoD, or that every member of the project who is important is followed at all times by an SDECE minder who reports to the French president. See, the French government in this RP could care less about someone's political leaning as long as they are loyal to France, not a foreign agent or mole, and do their job correctly. So being a communist is no issue as long as you aren't a foreign mole/agent and you do your job correctly. And as long as Curie fits the above criteria, he is a non-issue in French eyes.

Also, what would Germany need to deter me from? Trading with them? Seriously, I have no plans to invade Germany. Their nukes would be solely for use against the USSR because France is not a threat to Germany.

The US would need CIA agents present in the French nuclear agency before giving France blueprints. Once a year or two had passed, and they've identified all the known Communists, they would contact the SDECE asking them to either be put under CIA surveillance, or be pueged entirely. Any option other than those two would discourage the US from giving France the blueprints.

And putting Nuclear weapons in Germany isn't meant to be a sign of hostility towards the USSR, rather, it would be used to send a message to the French that the US did not trust them at all, and would rather arm the country that started World War 2 than the country American forces liberated a mere six years ago.

Monsone
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:49 pm

Here is a US government article about all the foreign spies who where involved with the Manhattan Project. I can't seem to find any French names despite Curie and other French scientists working on the Manhattan Project.
Mohn-sohn-eh

Sao Nova Europa
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2019

Postby Sao Nova Europa » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:50 pm

Poor India gets ignored by US. :( :( :p
Signature:

"I’ve just bitten a snake. Never mind me, I’ve got business to look after."
- Guo Jing ‘The Brave Archer’.

“In war, to keep the upper hand, you have to think two or three moves ahead of the enemy.”
- Char Aznable

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
- Sun Tzu

Monsone
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:55 pm

Sarderia wrote:The US would need CIA agents present in the French nuclear agency before giving France blueprints. Once a year or two had passed, and they've identified all the known Communists, they would contact the SDECE asking them to either be put under CIA surveillance, or be pueged entirely. Any option other than those two would discourage the US from giving France the blueprints.

And putting Nuclear weapons in Germany isn't meant to be a sign of hostility towards the USSR, rather, it would be used to send a message to the French that the US did not trust them at all, and would rather arm the country that started World War 2 than the country American forces liberated a mere six years ago.

1) The French government wouldn't do that since the best scientists are also communists. And all scientists in the French nuclear program are already under SDECE surveillance.

2) Alright, then I'll be asking to the Statue of Liberty back as well as the USA to pay it's debts from the Revolutionary War (since even in 2020 they haven't been paid back yet) as well as those debts from WW1, and I'll send the bill for all the destruction the US caused while liberating France and North Africa. Sounds ridiculous? Because it is! Even Germany doesn't seem to want your nukes and you're offering them to Germany with practically no strings attached!
Mohn-sohn-eh

Bolslania
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2018

Postby Bolslania » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:03 pm

Sarderia wrote:
Monsone wrote:

Bolslania wrote:

The Russians developed their nuclear program independently. That's why I stated the Russians only got their nuclear capabilities recently. If they stole something from the Manhattan Project, they would've had nukes since 1949. Also, this is a roleplay - you should learn not to use insults liberally when someone does something you don't like in IC. I think I already gave you what you want - nuclear weapons in Germany - just manned by Americans, of course, but the Kaiser can deploy it whenever he wishes so. However, blueprints specifically, is not included.

1. It'll work for now. But I will be making my own nuclear weapons

2. That's why I said IC-ly. IC-ly the Kaiser is getting annoyed at Truman. It's not a personal insult, it's commentary on the IC

American Pere Housh
Senator

Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:08 pm

What nations are open?
Government Type: Militaristic Republic
Leader: President Alexander Jones
Prime Minister: Isabella Stuart-Jones
Secretary of Defense: Hitomi Izumi
Secretary of State: Eliza 'Vanny' Cortez
Time: 2023
Population: MT-450 million
Territory: All of North America, The Islands of the Caribbean and the Philippines

Monsone
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:12 pm

American Pere Housh wrote:What nations are open?

Sweden
Finland
Norway
Denmark
The Netherlands
Israel
Czechoslovakia
Poland
Spain
Portugal
Mexico
Canada
Ireland
Japan
Chile (I think)
Argentina (I think)
Greece

And plenty of other nations I don't really wish to list because either they're irelevant, or they're is simply too many of them.
Mohn-sohn-eh

American Pere Housh
Senator

Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:24 pm

Monsone wrote:

Sweden
Finland
Norway
Denmark
The Netherlands
Israel
Czechoslovakia
Poland
Spain
Portugal
Mexico
Canada
Ireland
Japan
Chile (I think)
Argentina (I think)
Greece

And plenty of other nations I don't really wish to list because either they're irelevant, or they're is simply too many of them.

Hmm Imperial Japan here I come.
Government Type: Militaristic Republic
Leader: President Alexander Jones
Prime Minister: Isabella Stuart-Jones
Secretary of Defense: Hitomi Izumi
Secretary of State: Eliza 'Vanny' Cortez
Time: 2023
Population: MT-450 million
Territory: All of North America, The Islands of the Caribbean and the Philippines

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:23 am

Monsone wrote:

Sweden
Finland
Norway
Denmark
The Netherlands
Israel
Czechoslovakia
Poland
Spain
Portugal
Mexico
Canada
Ireland
Japan
Chile (I think)
Argentina (I think)
Greece

Imperial Brazil a now Brazil, half of Paraguay and Uruguay.
And I’m pretty sure Hypercspital went back to Polaria

Monsone
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:50 am

Mathuvan Union wrote:
Monsone wrote:
Sweden
Finland
Norway
Denmark
The Netherlands
Israel
Czechoslovakia
Poland
Spain
Portugal
Mexico
Canada
Ireland
Japan
Chile (I think)
Argentina (I think)
Greece

Imperial Brazil a now Brazil, half of Paraguay and Uruguay.

Did Hypercapital ever actually acknowledge that?
Mohn-sohn-eh

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:55 am

Monsone wrote:
Mathuvan Union wrote:Imperial Brazil a now Brazil, half of Paraguay and Uruguay.

i think so.

Monsone
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:13 am

Mathuvan Union wrote:
Monsone wrote:

i think so.

Huh. I don't remember them saying they would return to being Polaria, but OK.
Mohn-sohn-eh

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:17 am

Monsone wrote:
Mathuvan Union wrote:i think so.

Huh. I don't remember them saying they would return to being Polaria, but OK.

I think - not totally sure

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse