NATION

PASSWORD

[Q] "Your image is hosted on a prohibited channel."

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
The Corparation
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Father Knows Best State

[Q] "Your image is hosted on a prohibited channel."

Postby The Corparation » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:10 am

Not quite sure if this falls under Moderation or if it should have gone in technical but went with here as this is a forum thing rather than game thing.
Earlier I went to post an image and got the following error:
The Image was hosted on Discord and I just copied the URL from chat to repost on the forum. A few months back images I dropped in chat could be posted no problem. (And those images still show up in threads fine) but now I just get an error if I try to do it. This isn't exactly a major issue as I can just upload to imgur or somewhere else, but I kind of like the convenience of dropping an image in chat once and being able to just link to that image. I guess my question is since when /why was discord banned as an allowable image host?
Nuclear Death Machines Here (Both Flying and Orbiting)
Orbital Freedom Machine Here
A Subsidiary company of Nightkill Enterprises Inc.Weekly words of wisdom: Nothing is more important than waifus.- Gallia-
Making the Nightmare End 2020 2024 WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of CA to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. - Prop 65, CA Health & Safety This Cell is intentionally blank.

Honeydewistania
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:12 am

The Corparation wrote:Not quite sure if this falls under Moderation or if it should have gone in technical but went with here as this is a forum thing rather than game thing.
Earlier I went to post an image and got the following error:
(Image)
The Image was hosted on Discord and I just copied the URL from chat to repost on the forum. A few months back images I dropped in chat could be posted no problem. (And those images still show up in threads fine) but now I just get an error if I try to do it. This isn't exactly a major issue as I can just upload to imgur or somewhere else, but I kind of like the convenience of dropping an image in chat once and being able to just link to that image. I guess my question is since when /why was discord banned as an allowable image host?

Discord isn't allowed. There was a thread about this recently but I cba to find it
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Alger wrote:if you have egoquotes in your signature, touch grass

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:18 am

viewtopic.php?p=36939931#p36939931

Here's the relevant thread.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Return to Moderation