NATION

PASSWORD

[H][Q]Mass help needed

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Oneid
Envoy

Founded: Jun 21, 2019
Ex-Nation

[H][Q]Mass help needed

Postby Oneid » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:39 am

I need mass help. All the nations listed below are my puppet.

[Q] What is Adbot/Adspam?

What is the exact definition of that?
Last edited by Oneid on Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:33 am, edited 3 times in total.
A glorious dictatorship, the culmination of hundreds of annexed peoples in hundreds of years under one ruler and culture to supply the homeland.

Mackjaracotavon
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 23, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Mackjaracotavon » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:29 pm

Oneid wrote:

This is a relatively easy question to answer. Adbots/Adspam is when an Adbot (so called because it's literally a forum bot that handles offsite advertising) performs its programmed task and advertises a website in the NS forums, or when a forum user advertises another website without explicit permission from the moderators or administrators. The reason it's segregated and shoved into a corner is because it clutters up the forums, quite rapidly in fact, and gets posted in places such as International Incidents, which is where the terminology "Adspam" comes into play. Additionally, sometimes (although quite rarely) the advertisements are so egregious that they break multiple rules on their own.

Adbots, when detected or reported, are deleted on sight for the reasons listed above. Forum users that advertise will otherwise face the usual line of consequences until they stop.

Hopefully this helps.
What is on my nation's front page does not reflect my nation in rp. It follows its own distinct lore that is separate from what is defined by the "issues" choices.

Kingom of Cretia, total monarchy founded in the Middle Ages and remains unchanged to this day.
All factbooks (https://www.nationstates.net/nation=mac ... l=factbook) are works in progress and subject to changes or retcons.

Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Katganistan » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:42 pm

We don't delete puppets. Take them off autologin and vacation mode, and don't log into them for 28 days and they will cease to exist.

Oneid wrote:

So long as they are RPs and you are the OP, done.

Oneid wrote:

Already answered.
Last edited by Katganistan on Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Oneid
Envoy

Founded: Jun 21, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Oneid » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:22 am

Katganistan wrote:

We don't delete puppets. Take them off autologin and vacation mode, and don't log into them for 28 days and they will cease to exist.

Oneid wrote:

So long as they are RPs and you are the OP, done.

Oneid wrote:

Already answered.

I am not asking for the erasure of puppet nations. I ask to delete posts and lock these topics. All the nations that started those threads are mine. If you wish, contact them by telegram.
A glorious dictatorship, the culmination of hundreds of annexed peoples in hundreds of years under one ruler and culture to supply the homeland.

Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Katganistan » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:06 am

We don't delete posts on request either. You can edit out the information in them.

Puppets confirmed: threads locked.
Last edited by Katganistan on Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to Moderation