NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Repeal Resolution #128 on Abortion

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
User avatar
Staypuftonia
Attaché
 
Posts: 74
Founded: Feb 15, 2018
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] Repeal Resolution #128 on Abortion

Postby Staypuftonia » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:56 am

The World Assembly,

ASSERTING that it is the duty of all nations to protect their most innocent citizens,

ACCEPTING the controversy around banning abortion,

NEVERTHELESS convinced that it is inappropriate for innocent babies to be killed because they were conceived of rape or the reason that "it's not the right time", et cetera...;

NOTING that the resolution in question allows innocent people to be killed for being conceived of rape;

THEREFORE:

REQUIRES the World Assembly to repeal Resolution #128.
Last edited by Staypuftonia on Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
La xinga
Senator
 
Posts: 3885
Founded: Jul 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby La xinga » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:57 am

Support for the repeal, but repeals cannot make legislation.
He created everything, and he was forever and will always be. He is perfect and his word is always true. He will never change his word, and YOU would not be reading this signature if it was not for him to allow your eyes to see!
Average religious person. Nothing collided with nothing, the Almighty did everything, and the world is 5781 years old. Deal with it.
No, please don't argue! I'm innocent!

Yes, we may too, may all of us be innocent.

Unless you're not...

WAMP WAMP!
#KAG2020

If you support capitalism, put this in your signature.
Hi, The east pacific!
GLORIOUS AMERICANIUM IMPERIUM!
Creationist, pro-life, straight.
ALL LIVES MATTER!

Nation in TEP. Don't endorse me if I am over 400 endos. Still a long way to go!

User avatar
Grays Harbor
GA Secretariat
 
Posts: 18526
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:58 am

Repeals cannot legislate.
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Head of the Grays Harbor WA delegation: Sir Henry Rodut, OHE, GHC
3-2-1 lets jam

User avatar
Staypuftonia
Attaché
 
Posts: 74
Founded: Feb 15, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Staypuftonia » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:58 am

Good point.

I've removed the legislation bit and I will put the legislation bit in a separate draft I will be making soon.

User avatar
Ardiveds
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 414
Founded: Feb 28, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ardiveds » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:59 am

Edit: big mistake. Mistook this for a repeal of access to abortion
Last edited by Ardiveds on Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
If the ambassador acts like an ambassador, it's probably Delegate Arthur.
If he acts like an edgy teen, it's probably definitely Delegate Jim.... it's always Jim

User avatar
Morover
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1142
Founded: Oct 14, 2018
Libertarian Police State

Postby Morover » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:02 am

"Repealing GA 128 does not actually get rid of the requirement to legalize abortion."

If you wish to use any of my previous work - be it World Assembly or otherwise - feel free to use it, but I ask that you credit me as a co-author. If the piece credits a non-CTE'd co-author, I ask that you approach them first.
Email Me


User avatar
Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat
 
Posts: 15787
Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Separatist Peoples » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:03 am

Morover wrote:"Repealing GA 128 does not actually get rid of the requirement to legalize abortion."

"No, but it would be a necessary part of his agenda. I, for one, look forward to seeing this fail to make quorum. Or vote. I'm not picky about which."
Last edited by Separatist Peoples on Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

His Worshipfulness Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

User avatar
Morover
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1142
Founded: Oct 14, 2018
Libertarian Police State

Postby Morover » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:05 am

Separatist Peoples wrote:
Morover wrote:"Repealing GA 128 does not actually get rid of the requirement to legalize abortion."

"No, but it would be a necessary part of his agenda. I, for one, look forward to seeing this fail to make quorum. Or vote. I'm not picky about which."

"Seems like a backwards way to accomplish that agenda, honestly."

If you wish to use any of my previous work - be it World Assembly or otherwise - feel free to use it, but I ask that you credit me as a co-author. If the piece credits a non-CTE'd co-author, I ask that you approach them first.
Email Me


User avatar
Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat
 
Posts: 15787
Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Separatist Peoples » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:06 am

Morover wrote:
Separatist Peoples wrote:"No, but it would be a necessary part of his agenda. I, for one, look forward to seeing this fail to make quorum. Or vote. I'm not picky about which."

"Seems like a backwards way to accomplish that agenda, honestly."

"Hush now, ambassador. Let the new guy work out the sheer magnitude of and odds against his task."

His Worshipfulness Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

User avatar
Wallenburg
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 21011
Founded: Jan 30, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Wallenburg » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:15 am

"Fetuses are not people, and they certainly are not citizens. Beyond my office's support for protecting abortion services, this repeal argument receives my opposition for its nonsensical arguments."
THERE IS NO WAR IN BA SING SE
grestin went through the MKULTRA program and he has more of a free will than wallenburg does - Imperial Idaho
Minister of World Assembly Affairs, Viceroy for The East Pacific

User avatar
Staypuftonia
Attaché
 
Posts: 74
Founded: Feb 15, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Staypuftonia » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:19 am

"Babies, or "fetuses" as you call them, are certainly people and citizens; what are they, if not people, and what are they, if not citizens?"
Last edited by Staypuftonia on Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat
 
Posts: 15787
Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Separatist Peoples » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:23 am

Staypuftonia wrote:"Babies, or "fetuses" as you call them, are certainly people and citizens; what are they, if not people, and what are they, if not citizens?"

"Citizenship is conferred at birth in the C.D.S.P., which makes fetuses not citizens. This is an odd argument, ambassador."

His Worshipfulness Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

User avatar
Middle Barael
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 358
Founded: Apr 24, 2020
Democratic Socialists

Postby Middle Barael » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:24 am

Staypuftonia wrote:"Babies, or "fetuses" as you call them, are certainly people and citizens; what are they, if not people, and what are they, if not citizens?"

Fetus and babies are two different things. A baby is a living, sapient, organism that can have simple emotions, and that usually starts in the 3rd trimester. A fetus is a child in the womb after the embryo stage and before the baby stage. And fetuses are NOT citizens in all nations, so please do not assume this. For example, in MB you become a citizen upon birth, not conception.
Pro: Environmentalism, fighting climate change, social democracy, police reform, LGBTQ rights, abortions, separation of church and state, democracy, assault weapon ban, proportional representation, multi-party states, Two-State Solution, Israel AND Palestine, pacifism, immigration, Anti-Racism, Jacinda Ardern-type Politics, NHS-type Healthcare, culture, science, UN

Anti: Environmental destruction, fossil fuels, Trump, Laissez-faire economy, communism, far-right, homophobia, “Pro-Life”, dictatorships, one/two-party systems, guns, Netanyahu, Israeli settlements/annexation, Hamas, Hezbollah, Jihadist terrorists, war, racism, anti-immigration, nationalism, fascism,


8Values
Social: Very Progressive
Economic: Social
Hierarchical: Liberal
Foreign: Internationalist

User avatar
Staypuftonia
Attaché
 
Posts: 74
Founded: Feb 15, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Staypuftonia » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:26 am

Middle Barael wrote:
Staypuftonia wrote:"Babies, or "fetuses" as you call them, are certainly people and citizens; what are they, if not people, and what are they, if not citizens?"

Fetus and babies are two different things. A baby is a living, sapient, organism that can have simple emotions, and that usually starts in the 3rd trimester. A fetus is a child in the womb after the embryo stage and before the baby stage. And fetuses are NOT citizens in all nations, so please do not assume this. For example, in MB you become a citizen upon birth, not conception.




You admit that it is a child in the womb. Therefore you admit that they are people.

User avatar
Morover
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1142
Founded: Oct 14, 2018
Libertarian Police State

Postby Morover » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:27 am

Staypuftonia wrote:
Middle Barael wrote:Fetus and babies are two different things. A baby is a living, sapient, organism that can have simple emotions, and that usually starts in the 3rd trimester. A fetus is a child in the womb after the embryo stage and before the baby stage. And fetuses are NOT citizens in all nations, so please do not assume this. For example, in MB you become a citizen upon birth, not conception.




You admit that it is a child in the womb. Therefore you admit that they are people.

OOC: You're omitting an incredibly important part of their argument, lol

If you wish to use any of my previous work - be it World Assembly or otherwise - feel free to use it, but I ask that you credit me as a co-author. If the piece credits a non-CTE'd co-author, I ask that you approach them first.
Email Me


User avatar
Draganisia
Envoy
 
Posts: 238
Founded: Nov 17, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Draganisia » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:28 am

Staypuftonia wrote:"Babies, or "fetuses" as you call them, are certainly people and citizens; what are they, if not people, and what are they, if not citizens?"


"Exactly why we fully support this repeal and will even use force against those who try to enforce it until it is repealed."

User avatar
Staypuftonia
Attaché
 
Posts: 74
Founded: Feb 15, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Staypuftonia » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:32 am

Morover wrote:
Staypuftonia wrote:


You admit that it is a child in the womb. Therefore you admit that they are people.

OOC: You're omitting an incredibly important part of their argument, lol


What part am I missing about this?

I know I was missing the part about the citizens, but I said that because in Staypuftonia that's how it works.

I was not missing the part about the child in the womb.
Life begins at conception.

User avatar
Ardiveds
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 414
Founded: Feb 28, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ardiveds » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:34 am

Draganisia wrote:
Staypuftonia wrote:"Babies, or "fetuses" as you call them, are certainly people and citizens; what are they, if not people, and what are they, if not citizens?"


"Exactly why we fully support this repeal and will even use force against those who try to enforce it until it is repealed."

"Ambassador, this resolution passed because a majority voted for it yet, you will voluntarily stay part of this assembly while also using force against any effort to enforce this assembly's laws? You seem to be actively seeking hostility with the WA."
If the ambassador acts like an ambassador, it's probably Delegate Arthur.
If he acts like an edgy teen, it's probably definitely Delegate Jim.... it's always Jim

User avatar
Middle Barael
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 358
Founded: Apr 24, 2020
Democratic Socialists

Postby Middle Barael » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:07 pm

Staypuftonia wrote:
Morover wrote:

Yes, but not in all WA nations. Please don't make a law that completely disregards already existing laws in other nations. In MB, you are only a citizen upon birth, no later, no earlier.

And I misspoke, I meant the fetus is the pre-child in the womb (not yet a person)
Pro: Environmentalism, fighting climate change, social democracy, police reform, LGBTQ rights, abortions, separation of church and state, democracy, assault weapon ban, proportional representation, multi-party states, Two-State Solution, Israel AND Palestine, pacifism, immigration, Anti-Racism, Jacinda Ardern-type Politics, NHS-type Healthcare, culture, science, UN

Anti: Environmental destruction, fossil fuels, Trump, Laissez-faire economy, communism, far-right, homophobia, “Pro-Life”, dictatorships, one/two-party systems, guns, Netanyahu, Israeli settlements/annexation, Hamas, Hezbollah, Jihadist terrorists, war, racism, anti-immigration, nationalism, fascism,


8Values
Social: Very Progressive
Economic: Social
Hierarchical: Liberal
Foreign: Internationalist

User avatar
Draganisia
Envoy
 
Posts: 238
Founded: Nov 17, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Draganisia » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:08 pm

OOC: I have to stay in the WA for founderless region security reasons.

IC: "There is a reason I am still here which you will never fully understand. Let's just say it's a deal that I made with someone else in a much higher position here than you or me.

I don't seek hostility against all of the WA but these "laws" are still a breach of National Sovereignty more than most others that have been passed so far. Or is National Sovereignty not something you care about anymore?"

User avatar
La xinga
Senator
 
Posts: 3885
Founded: Jul 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby La xinga » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:10 pm

Draganisia wrote:OOC: I have to stay in the WA for founderless region security reasons.

IC: "There is a reason I am still here which you will never fully understand. Let's just say it's a deal that I made with someone else in a much higher position here than you or me.

I don't seek hostility against all of the WA but these "laws" are still a breach of National Sovereignty more than most others that have been passed so far. Or is National Sovereignty not something you care about anymore?"

OOC: Has any Conservative bill been passed in the GA ever?
He created everything, and he was forever and will always be. He is perfect and his word is always true. He will never change his word, and YOU would not be reading this signature if it was not for him to allow your eyes to see!
Average religious person. Nothing collided with nothing, the Almighty did everything, and the world is 5781 years old. Deal with it.
No, please don't argue! I'm innocent!

Yes, we may too, may all of us be innocent.

Unless you're not...

WAMP WAMP!
#KAG2020

If you support capitalism, put this in your signature.
Hi, The east pacific!
GLORIOUS AMERICANIUM IMPERIUM!
Creationist, pro-life, straight.
ALL LIVES MATTER!

Nation in TEP. Don't endorse me if I am over 400 endos. Still a long way to go!

User avatar
Morover
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1142
Founded: Oct 14, 2018
Libertarian Police State

Postby Morover » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:11 pm

Draganisia wrote:OOC: I have to stay in the WA for founderless region security reasons.

IC: "There is a reason I am still here which you will never fully understand. Let's just say it's a deal that I made with someone else in a much higher position here than you or me.

I don't seek hostility against all of the WA but these "laws" are still a breach of National Sovereignty more than most others that have been passed so far. Or is National Sovereignty not something you care about anymore?"

"You gave up national sovereignty when you entered the World Assembly"

OOC: You can be in the WA gameside and not RP as a part of it - at least, that's how I play. There are tangible benefits to being in the WA unrelated to the body itself. But if you RP in this subforum, you'll be held accountable for your roleplay.

If you wish to use any of my previous work - be it World Assembly or otherwise - feel free to use it, but I ask that you credit me as a co-author. If the piece credits a non-CTE'd co-author, I ask that you approach them first.
Email Me


User avatar
Godular
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11183
Founded: Sep 09, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Godular » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:26 pm

Draganisia wrote:OOC: I have to stay in the WA for founderless region security reasons.

IC: "There is a reason I am still here which you will never fully understand. Let's just say it's a deal that I made with someone else in a much higher position here than you or me.

I don't seek hostility against all of the WA but these "laws" are still a breach of National Sovereignty more than most others that have been passed so far. Or is National Sovereignty not something you care about anymore?"


"National sovereignty is not a justifiable rationale to challenge existing legislation. If that were the sole basis for your argument, you could easily just take your 'national sovereignty' into your own hands and depart the WA. If you are forced to participate in this august body for reasons you claim we cannot comprehend, then very apparently your own nation does not place much of a priority on its purported sovereignty."

OOC: Has any Conservative bill been passed in the GA ever?


OOC: As a rule, GA proposals tend towards removing discriminatory practices and disenfranchisement, as well as ensuring that certain economic/environmental policies are standardized. If this is not seen as conservative... well darn.
RL position
Active RP: ASCENSION
Active RP: SHENRYAX
Dormant RP: Throne of the Fallen Empire

Faction 1: The An'Kazar Control Framework of Godular-- An enormously advanced collective of formerly human bioborgs that are vastly experienced in both inter-dimensional travel and asymmetrical warfare.
A 1.08 civilization, according to this Nation Index Thingie
I don't normally use NS stats. But when I do, I prefer Dos Eckis I can STILL kill you.
Post responsibly.

User avatar
Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat
 
Posts: 15787
Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Separatist Peoples » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:30 pm

La xinga wrote:
Draganisia wrote:OOC: I have to stay in the WA for founderless region security reasons.

IC: "There is a reason I am still here which you will never fully understand. Let's just say it's a deal that I made with someone else in a much higher position here than you or me.

I don't seek hostility against all of the WA but these "laws" are still a breach of National Sovereignty more than most others that have been passed so far. Or is National Sovereignty not something you care about anymore?"

OOC: Has any Conservative bill been passed in the GA ever?


Ooc: yes. We protected your right to own nukes. Your welcome.

His Worshipfulness Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

User avatar
Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat
 
Posts: 15787
Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Separatist Peoples » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:31 pm

Draganisia wrote:OOC: I have to stay in the WA for founderless region security reasons.

IC: "There is a reason I am still here which you will never fully understand. Let's just say it's a deal that I made with someone else in a much higher position here than you or me.

I don't seek hostility against all of the WA but these "laws" are still a breach of National Sovereignty more than most others that have been passed so far. Or is National Sovereignty not something you care about anymore?"

OOC: NatSov has been an intellectually defunct concept for some time

His Worshipfulness Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Greater Cesnica, Grey County, The New Nordic Union

Advertisement

Remove ads