NATION

PASSWORD

Rate the AN's chosen factbook

The place to relax, unwind, share a joke, and generally goof off.
The-Chinese-Federation
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 25, 2020
Ex-Nation

Rate the AN's chosen factbook

Postby The-Chinese-Federation » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:13 pm

This was a thread on here a while ago, but it apparently got auto-pruned. Therefore, I'm starting it again.

Rules are simple: One nation chooses one of its factbooks, and the next nation rates it, and so on. If no factbook is provided, choose a random one.

No one's above me, so there's no factbook to rate.

This one, I just finished it today.
Last edited by The-Chinese-Federation on Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
We do not use NS Stats, policies, or otherwise. Please only judge us by what is in our factbooks.

An alternate history version of China in which the alliance between the Kuomintang and the Communist Party never broke down, eventually resulting in a federalized, democratic China. Though one of the world's strongest economies and an emerging superpower, China continues to suffer from high rates of income inequality, an overreaching and sometimes corrupt government, and cultural issues that continue to persist despite the efforts of many reformers over the decades. Most factbooks are still an active WIP.

Main Factbook | Leader Factbook | Q&A | My Other Nations

Valentine Z
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:17 pm

Basic, and yet, captivating! I didn't mean basic in "Oh Gott, this is boring." The formatting is nicely done, and the content is interesting to read about.

I am having vibes about Chiang Kai-Shek, because that is what I am learning about right now. Modern China and its history. It's a humanities elective I took this semester! :3

Rate this one: https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=701792

Valentine Z GIF Flag (Improved!)
De Valentian CV.
Flag Bracket - 1st for Mk I! 2nd for Mk II!
Issues Thread 4th in Gen Sec

The Sixty! Opinions Deposit! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures! Cat Anthem! Valentian News.
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
Q & A Here! | Heights of NS! | F7 Etiquette

Clarissa mistaken for Smurf/Avatar: 12
Valentijn called She: 41
Valentijn now a She!

• Eat my fking tranquility. - Zenyatta
• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.

• Am I a pretty girl?

Nevertopia
Ambassador

Founded: May 27, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Nevertopia » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:19 pm

I'd say the look and feel of the entry is of high quality. It uses the wikipedia layout that separates those who casually or moderately put effort in their factbook. As for the writing, it has an academic tone which is nice. Pertaining to the content itself, I find it too soft on the real life political figures, its too sparse for a page specifically made for them and doesn't explain the full scope of their influence.

edit: ninja'd.

I find the overview page overbloated. The main factbook layout itself seems too fruity and lacks that "bureaucratic" feel that most people go for with their entries. There are junk code littered here and there, the entries themselves don't have enough visual representation and look like one giant forum post.

The content itself though is top-notch. Howd you get all those graphs and stuff?

Please observe.
Last edited by Nevertopia on Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NevNet News: Stardate 01-Nov-12220 "Reports of the unscheduled necromancy are on the rise nation-wide and all citizens are instructed to stay in their homes and social distance themselves. If you are someone you know may be infected, please disable yourself or isolate yourself as soon as possible. The Nevecian Arcanum has not released an official response."
Communism has failed every time its been tried.
Civilization Index: Class 13.2
Tier 6.5: Digital Discoverer | Level 4: Able Acolyte | Type 5.5: Regional Regent
This nation's overview is the primary canon. For more information use NS stats.
Black Lives Matter

Valentine Z
Powerbroker

Postby Valentine Z » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:14 pm

Nevertopia wrote:I find the overview page overbloated. The main factbook layout itself seems too fruity and lacks that "bureaucratic" feel that most people go for with their entries. There are junk code littered here and there, the entries themselves don't have enough visual representation and look like one giant forum post.

The content itself though is top-notch. Howd you get all those graphs and stuff?

You seem a little... confused. First you told me that my factbook is fruity and has too much visuals, and then you told me that the entries don't have much visual representation.

> Please observe.
I am all for and welcome to constructive criticism, and deleted the stray [box] tags thanks to your help, but don't try to make yourself superior by "Ohhh please observe how my factbooks is better than yours and I am gonna rub it in your face!" I swear, some people really do know how to bring you down to make themselves feel better for that split second. You sound very, very condescending, and I don't like it.
Last edited by Valentine Z on Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:21 pm, edited 5 times in total.

De Valentian CV.

The Sixty! Opinions Deposit! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures! Cat Anthem! Valentian News.
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !

Valentijn now a She!

• Am I a pretty girl?

Nevertopia
Ambassador

Founded: May 27, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Nevertopia » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:33 pm

Valentine Z wrote:
Nevertopia wrote:I find the overview page overbloated. The main factbook layout itself seems too fruity and lacks that "bureaucratic" feel that most people go for with their entries. There are junk code littered here and there, the entries themselves don't have enough visual representation and look like one giant forum post.

You seem a little... confused. First you told me that my factbook is fruity and has too much visuals, and then you told me that the entries don't have much visual representation.

> Please observe.
I am all for and welcome to constructive criticism, and deleted the stray [box] tags thanks to your help, but don't try to make yourself superior by "Ohhh please observe how my factbooks is better than yours and I am gonna rub it in your face!" I swear, some people really do know how to bring you down to make themselves feel better for that split second. You sound very, very condescending, and I don't like it.

I take it you dont take criticism too well. I don't know what kind of tone you read my critique in but my intentions weren't hostile. Regarding the visuals, I was talking about the overly whimsical design of your headers and lack of visual representation towards the written content itself.

Please observe my factbook and offer me any suggestions.
Last edited by Nevertopia on Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NevNet News: Stardate 01-Nov-12220 "Reports of the unscheduled necromancy are on the rise nation-wide and all citizens are instructed to stay in their homes and social distance themselves. If you are someone you know may be infected, please disable yourself or isolate yourself as soon as possible. The Nevecian Arcanum has not released an official response."
Communism has failed every time its been tried.
Civilization Index: Class 13.2
Tier 6.5: Digital Discoverer | Level 4: Able Acolyte | Type 5.5: Regional Regent
This nation's overview is the primary canon. For more information use NS stats.
Black Lives Matter

Zitravgrad
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 27, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Zitravgrad » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:40 pm

Apart from a few good-looking colored texts and font, it is the same old overview. A classic. In my opinion, the text needs to be justified if you want to go for full formal bureaucratic look and actually please make the table of contents work -- those links take me to the NS boneyard. 6/10

The factbook that contains half my soul.
❄ ❄ United Federation of Zitravgrad ❄ ❄
PMT post-revolution, nuclear-ravaged crowned republic in post-imperialism retro futuristic universe -- not in IRL world. Mixed market, social democratic oligarchy with technocratic ideals and cultural nationalism parading powerless church and monarchy. A nation of PTSD hidden under the mask of complete normalcy, while other masks are those of police state and stratocracy. Sometimes, we keep the wasteland shut and pretend it isn't there. On its way to cope with reality, the new Roaring Twenties arrives with aesthetics, drama and depression. | My feeling to F7 right now (with Miro) | Bunbun Feo I guess

Valentine Z
Powerbroker

Postby Valentine Z » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:45 pm

Nevertopia wrote:I take it you dont take criticism too well. I don't know what kind of tone you read my critique in but my intentions weren't hostile. Regarding the visuals, I was talking about the overly whimsical design of your headers and lack of visual representation towards the written content itself.

I already damn told you that I can handle criticism, right? "I am all for and welcome to constructive criticism", did you miss that part out? Ohhh, no. The factbooks and stuff that I have written down are thanks to criticism and feedback for many, many years. I already told you, I welcome what you said and I fixed it accordingly.

Plus, the TGs you sent to me were.... I shouldn't say it out given the private nature, but never talk to me in that manner again.

Zitravgrad wrote:Apart from a few good-looking colored texts and font, it is the same old overview. A classic. In my opinion, the text needs to be justified if you want to go for full formal bureaucratic look and actually please make the table of contents work -- those links take me to the NS boneyard. 6/10

The factbook that contains half my soul.

120 / 100. It's very, very well done! From the overview, to history, to politics, to his physical and mental traits, to just about everything else. If you think there is something about him that you want to know, you will definitely and totally find it in here. Excellent content, excellent visuals! And I really do love the overall blue nature of it! ♥

There's no criticism from me, because I really do love it. :3 It really goes to show when a factbook about a character, is a lot more extensive and nicer than most of the nation's overviews.

* The only criticism I can give is how the pictures are a little scattered all over the factbook, but this is less on you, and more because of the way the factbooks are designed, along with the limited number of tags and formatting to play with. Plus, different screen sizes, different looks, so this is beyond our control and should not be taken into penalty. ^^

For BN: https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=701792
Last edited by Valentine Z on Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.

De Valentian CV.

Valentijn now a She!

• Am I a pretty girl?

Synne Industries
Spokesperson

Founded: May 07, 2019
Anarchy

Postby Synne Industries » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:57 pm

Nevertopia wrote:
I'd say the look and feel of the entry is of high quality. It uses the wikipedia layout that separates those who casually or moderately put effort in their factbook. As for the writing, it has an academic tone which is nice. Pertaining to the content itself, I find it too soft on the real life political figures, its too sparse for a page specifically made for them and doesn't explain the full scope of their influence.

edit: ninja'd.

I find the overview page overbloated. The main factbook layout itself seems too fruity and lacks that "bureaucratic" feel that most people go for with their entries. There are junk code littered here and there, the entries themselves don't have enough visual representation and look like one giant forum post.

Please observe.

A deviation from standard wiki formatting and arguably better than most default templates but still littered with a number of tiny things that bother me.
Firstly though very very small, the flag and text asymmetry. I don't know which section is doing it but the centered flag image and starting quote are ever so slightly skewed to one side. Building off of the [center] formatting, the brief rundown that comes after the establishment date has fallen victim to something I like to call center paragraph syndrome. Centering is a powerful tool, it makes things look clean and pretty, giving some breathing room to the left side of a factbook. Unfortunately, these sides are often poked and prodded by asymmetric text jutting out as centering has the side effect of removing both left and right text margins.

Moving further down, the not-quite sidebar general information box. I like how the flag is the first thing you see when the factbook is opened but the thing is, putting your flag in an alternative location kills the opportunity to have it and accompanying symbols of the nation such as a seal or coat of arms be at the top of the info sidebar. This makes the box feel somewhat incomplete like an essay without a header as it goes straight from title to text. But wait, there's more! I'm not gonna try to add some sort of smooth segway into this so let's just get to the point. The extra images in the general info box are, to say the least, awkward. Since there's no starting flag in the box, the reader's attention is immediately drawn to both images and away from key information such as the location and currency. The animal and leader fields should stay, it's just that a centered, unbordered image in the middle of a point-centric region of the factbook is the sort of combination only comparable to oranges and toothpaste. A better approach would be to reserve these images for boxes to be floated in the corresponding sections (the Almiraj for national symbols and Director Duval for the government section).

Oh right, the boxed images. Let me just say right now, this may just be a me thing due to dark mode and how boxes act funky depending on your chosen style. Alright, so borders are important. If you want every element of your factbook to blend seamlessly into eachother, you shouldn't have bloody seams. An image with a drastically different bordering color than its formatted "nest" whether it be the background or a darkmode box will always make your work look overangular and clunky. Unless you've already established a theme with high contract colors or clean 90 degree angles through prior images, background blocks, font, and other formatting aspects, you do not want your images to be looking like they were just dropped there with the ms paint paste function. I'm not saying every image needs to be fed through an editing program and given an immaculately crafted gradient frame, a simple [sidebar] will do for any nested [img].

Ah, I'm getting persnickety over factbooks again. This text wall has already gone on for 527 words and all I've done is nitpick. So, let me talk about something good this factbook does. Multi-theme friendliness. I don't know if it's intentional or not, but the grays and blues are at that ideal level of brightness and saturation that works with both light and dark themes. No set backgrounds or [color]ing, just a robust system of inter-theme compatibility.

Overall grade: 5.5/10

AN: Latest work in my sig please

ninja'd: /skip
Last edited by Synne Industries on Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
⠀ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏʀᴘᴏʀᴀᴛᴇ ʀᴇᴘᴜʙʟɪᴄ ᴏꜰ ꜱʏɴɴᴇ ɪɴᴅᴜꜱᴛʀɪᴇꜱ⠀
Contrary to popular belief it is neither corporate, nor a republic
But rather an autocratic hyperlibertarian archipelago of raving immortals amidst a shattered Earth where one in three nations could be considered a naval superpower.
The ExecutiveThe MilitaryThe MarketsThe PoliciesThe StatsQ&A

⠀ᴛʜᴇ ʀɪꜱɪɴɢ ꜱᴜɴ ɪɴɪᴛɪᴀᴛɪᴠᴇ⠀
⠀❂⠀魂の座⠀❂⠀

⠀Let us celebrate the works of man!⠀

⠀心のむこうに⠀

⠀人の造りしもの⠀

⠀嘘と沈黙⠀

• We are under construction!
  • But we're working very hard, we promise!
  • Come back soon for more content.
  • I've been putting this off for months

All a WIP, obviously.

Persagonian Republic
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 13, 2018
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Persagonian Republic » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:37 pm

Valentine: I really get it on what you meant by needing to wait for it to load! But it's alright and it's beyond our control. Now for the factbook itself. First, I really like what you did with the WarPac symbol. Turning it into a Valentine style is really ingenuous! The graphic on the spoilers are really cool and it actually distinguish Valentine's work from all the rest who uses the bureaucratic, wiki-lay out. Now the look of the entries themselves need some work. I'd say use some custom fonts like Helvetica, use colors on sub-headers, adjust the size to something a bit big, and probably expand it some more (not to the point it looks like a wall of text).

All in all, it is a 9/10 ;)

BN: https://www.nationstates.net/nation=per ... id=1396525
Last edited by Persagonian Republic on Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The State of Iran"Independence, Freedom, and the Iranian Nation"
Welcome to Iran | Overview | Anthem | Retcon Underway | Set in: 1980

After the success of the Nojeh Coup; Iran becomes a transitional regency, hybrid (military) regime which clamps down on everything politically Islamic. Now suffering from an Afghan-like insurgency from the Quds and MEK, and intricate deep state politics between the Gang of Four.
F*ck it, Ruhollah Pahlavi

Ettela'at News: Previous officials of the old IR regime including Abdolhassan Banisadr and Ali Rajai reported missing after the Qom Raid. Rumors are abound that the Islamists are assembling the Al-Quds opposition to wage jihad against the new govt.

Persagonian Republic
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 13, 2018
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Persagonian Republic » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:40 am

/bump
The State of Iran"Independence, Freedom, and the Iranian Nation"
Welcome to Iran | Overview | Anthem | Retcon Underway | Set in: 1980

After the success of the Nojeh Coup; Iran becomes a transitional regency, hybrid (military) regime which clamps down on everything politically Islamic. Now suffering from an Afghan-like insurgency from the Quds and MEK, and intricate deep state politics between the Gang of Four.
F*ck it, Ruhollah Pahlavi

Ettela'at News: Previous officials of the old IR regime including Abdolhassan Banisadr and Ali Rajai reported missing after the Qom Raid. Rumors are abound that the Islamists are assembling the Al-Quds opposition to wage jihad against the new govt.

Free Ravensburg
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 01, 2020
Democratic Socialists

Postby Free Ravensburg » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:44 am

NS Stats are a ploy by NS to sell more mod statuses
INT:| Teutonia Declares War against Lithuania for Memel | Wexan Idiot Obliterated after Impaling Amadeus / NAT:| Ravenian Man Charged with 4 Accounts of Battery after Missing Piñata at Son’s Birthday Party| Viktor Leimstag releases more military info | Ravenia was Lewded Again | Adolph Hesse to Step Down as Head Diplomat, Elections Underway
Part of a Multiverse I started in Grade School | We still outpizza the Hut | Me writing Factbooks | Declare War? Yes/No | How we stole Ari’s blanket | F7 Movie is Finally Finished | My political alignment via 6triangles | Q&A | Factbooks made by me are formatted to be similar to essays, minus indentation
Nation I ^used to own: Enth Arth
What the [censorship] happened to ES while I was gone

Southern Tzhelarhaai
Civil Servant

Founded: May 28, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Southern Tzhelarhaai » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:00 pm

6.5/10.
Rather short, but relatively informative. It could use a bit of expansion.
Wouldn't giving the plasma bolts specific colors make them more conspicuous, though?

It is WIP, but...
Help:IPA/General Ka-Weitakhoshiese
(General Ka-Weitakhoshiese is the most widely-spoken language in Southern Thelarai.)
--- The Commonwealth of Southern Thelar'áí ---

TTT: The Voice of Thalassa: Southern Thelarai's Top English-Language News Program!
30 August 2120 | Possible security problem detected in TTT broadcast system | Police discover, raid Sentinels of Justice hideout
Current Year: 2120
Tech Level: Mid-Late PMT (mainly due to a lack of FTL-capable spacecraft)
A 13.43 civilization, according to this index.
International Index of Corruption: 98.6 (Not Corrupt)
NSPoliteia: 8 on a scale from -10 to 10 (Democracy)
As always, does not use NS Stats. Policies are canon, though.
Is an alternate/puppet nation of Piste-Land.

Free Ravensburg
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 01, 2020
Democratic Socialists

Postby Free Ravensburg » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:48 am

Southern Tzhelarhaai wrote:6.5/10.
Rather short, but relatively informative. It could use a bit of expansion.
Wouldn't giving the plasma bolts specific colors make them more conspicuous, though?

It is WIP, but...
Help:IPA/General Ka-Weitakhoshiese
(General Ka-Weitakhoshiese is the most widely-spoken language in Southern Thelarai.)

then help me make longer factbooks. I'll make a thread for us to help eachother on our factbooks
/skip
NS Stats are a ploy by NS to sell more mod statuses
INT:| Teutonia Declares War against Lithuania for Memel | Wexan Idiot Obliterated after Impaling Amadeus / NAT:| Ravenian Man Charged with 4 Accounts of Battery after Missing Piñata at Son’s Birthday Party| Viktor Leimstag releases more military info | Ravenia was Lewded Again | Adolph Hesse to Step Down as Head Diplomat, Elections Underway
Part of a Multiverse I started in Grade School | We still outpizza the Hut | Me writing Factbooks | Declare War? Yes/No | How we stole Ari’s blanket | F7 Movie is Finally Finished | My political alignment via 6triangles | Q&A | Factbooks made by me are formatted to be similar to essays, minus indentation
Nation I ^used to own: Enth Arth
What the [censorship] happened to ES while I was gone

Santa Selena
Spokesperson

Founded: May 07, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Santa Selena » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:49 am

Quite interesting and well made, even if it's a bit unfinished. 7/10

This
Low quality posts since 2020! Now with a free SETA bundle!
NEWS:NEWS MACHINE BROKE
COVID-19 NEWS: TOTAL CASES: 85,012 |ACTIVE CASES: 733 |SERIOUS CASES: 120 |RECOVERED: 80,112|DEATHS: 3,210.

We use Nstats mostly. Factbooks

Synne Industries
Spokesperson

Anarchy

Postby Synne Industries » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:10 am

A quick yet informative read that lets a reader take a dive into the history of Santa Selena. It's simple but robust, an easy-to-follow linear path. I particularly like the included causes of death. One complaint of mine is that there might be a tad too much bold text, making the space feel generally cramped. Something like adding presidential (or equivalent) portraits to the side could be used to justify separating each leader with horizontal row formatting and giving the factbook a bit more breathing room, though I can see how finding 46 images would be a hassle.

Overall grade: 7/10, a charming little addition to a nation's history.
BN: Latest work in sig, feel free to ignore Strangelove's advice.
Last edited by Synne Industries on Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
But rather an autocratic hyperlibertarian archipelago of raving immortals amidst a shattered Earth where one in three nations could be considered a naval superpower.

⠀❂⠀魂の座⠀❂⠀

⠀心のむこうに⠀

⠀人の造りしもの⠀

⠀嘘と沈黙⠀

All a WIP, obviously.

Grootfries Rijk
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 29, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grootfries Rijk » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:25 am

Well it's pretty immersive in a way I'm not sure I've seen on F7 before (even in the "Website template" factbooks and all) And its content is pretty good also. 9.5/10

https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1401213
Last edited by Grootfries Rijk on Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frisian Freedom | Fryske Frijheid
You shouldn't change your behavior because a government agency somewhere is doing the wrong thing.
Aug 17, 1599

Current Mission: Fighting Spain
Narrow Sea ports prepare as the lack of stability in Ligurian Sea Tradezone makes merchants leave to find better places to trade in. | Batavia, the United Insulindian Company's first settlement in the East Asia, established in Bantam, Java to let Frisia take part of the Spice Trade. | Silesia falls to Brandenburg-Pomerania after the Commonwealth loses in the sieges of Kattowitz and Breslau. Prussia, Brandenburg begin besieging Posen.

Hobbes Dystopia
Attaché

Founded: Mar 30, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Hobbes Dystopia » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:35 am

Very detailed and well structured, I liked it. The only issue is that it could use some more images. 8/10

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=hobbes_dystopia/detail=factbook/id=1346645
Last edited by Hobbes Dystopia on Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Did you ever hear the Tragedy of Big Brother "the Wise"?
I thought not. It’s not a story the Democrats would tell you. It’s a Dystopian legend.

Long live to science! Long live reason!

Pro: Science, Reason, Environmentalism, Social Democracy, New Atheism, Progressivism, Internationalism, Youth politics, EU;
Anti: Organised Religion, Traditionalists, Conspiracy theorists, Fascism, Stalinism, Science Denial, Young Earth Creationists, Anti-vaxxers, Flat earthers.

Christenmark
Attaché

Founded: May 02, 2019
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Christenmark » Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:37 pm

I find the layout to be a great, even if the font is a bit too small for me, I also enjoy the extent of the various animals described for their own canon. so overall I give it a 7/10

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=chr ... id=1326310

Synne Industries
Spokesperson

Anarchy

Postby Synne Industries » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:20 pm

Another factbook that takes a simpler approach to its layout. Images uncentered and unfloated, default font with no added alignment. Though this smoothens out the flow of the factbook, this does lead to a few missed opportunities such as cleaner boxed and floated images, a table for listing the parties, and titles that stand out a tad more. There is also a bit of an inconsistent tone of writing with the first section appearing more note-like and the central elaboration being more personal and formal.

Overall grade: 4.5/10
BN: Latest work in sig

⠀❂⠀魂の座⠀❂⠀

⠀心のむこうに⠀

⠀人の造りしもの⠀

⠀嘘と沈黙⠀

All a WIP, obviously.

Marsoslavia
Attaché

Founded: Mar 25, 2020
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Marsoslavia » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:56 pm

Last edited by Marsoslavia on Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A nation of slavic Mars' colonists, who escaped from the nuclear apocalypse of Earth. We have not the Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space Communism (and we will never be gay). Our ideology.
The nation doesn't represent my views. It was created for artistic purposes and it's 0% political.
Current year: 2170.

The Cosmic Mainframe
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 26, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Cosmic Mainframe » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:57 pm

5/10. Lacking in particular flair, in my opinion; could do with some pictures and extra formatting. I also think the story has potential to be revised, in order to make it more realistic and compelling.

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=the ... id=1311662
== BEGIN POSTSCRIPT ==
The Mainframe requires more processing power and storage.
Donate your computing devices or they will be taken by force.
== END POSTSCRIPT ==

UPDATES (earth-year 3345): International Subsystem scales up operations in 42E5 "New York," Earth, now the largest known concentration of androids.

Factbooks | About Me | NationStates Flag Bracket II | Bytes (card farming region) | MAINFRAMEWAVE
Feel free to telegram me about anything. I'll do my best to respond.
Canon is relative to the observer. Not using NS stats.
This nation does not represent my real views, and if it represents yours, I question your sanity.

Valentine Z
Powerbroker

Postby Valentine Z » Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:02 pm

The Cosmic Mainframe wrote:5/10. Lacking in particular flair, in my opinion; could do with some pictures and extra formatting. I also think the story has potential to be revised, in order to make it more realistic and compelling.

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=the ... id=1311662

92 / 100 from me! I quite like the picture of the galactic map, and I like how I can tell that it's sorta made in Linux (probably not Ubuntu, as you have told me before; maybe some other distro), but I didn't mean this in a bad way, of course. I just mean that the font (DejaVu Sans, by the looks of it) seems to indicate that.

Anyway, that aside, great content and good use of colors! I am very happy that the table of content, along with the short timeline of events, are all color-coded or number-coded, and it's a delight to see these in monospace for equal length. My only concern is how the galactic map looks a little... I won't say bad, but the territories could use more rounding for the corners if you know what I mean.

https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=701792

De Valentian CV.

Valentijn now a She!

• Am I a pretty girl?

Topoliani
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 19, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby Topoliani » Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:03 pm

Synne Industries wrote:Another factbook that takes a simpler approach to its layout. Images uncentered and unfloated, default font with no added alignment. Though this smoothens out the flow of the factbook, this does lead to a few missed opportunities such as cleaner boxed and floated images, a table for listing the parties, and titles that stand out a tad more. There is also a bit of an inconsistent tone of writing with the first section appearing more note-like and the central elaboration being more personal and formal.

My good man, Synne. The Factbook before me is simply amazing. It would have been enough just to have a wall of text and some backgrounds for your Factbook, but no, you went all out. GIFs, Images, formatting that I didn't think was possible (granted, your other factbooks apply), the formatting alone is S+ tier. But, that's just formatting, any old monkey can make a Factbook and make it look fancy, so can you walk the walk? Well, you can. The math boggles my mind, the ship amazes me, these strange worlds that you have created are great.

My only real complaint would be font size, but that could just be my screen rather than your fault. All in all, 9.9/10

Oh my good god, so many ninja's

AN: Like Synne's, I find your formatting to be really pretty. The images and colors used certainly spice up the nominally bland 'standard' template that a lot of nations use (no offense, I use them). In fact, with the spoiler-covers, most of the colors used already give me a good idea of what I am getting into. The information within the spoilers as well is... well, informative. It feels like you took your time to make sure that the paragraphs in your Factbook inform and took your time to make sure they are realistic within the physics of your world.

My only real complaint is that I feel that some of the spoilers could have more information in them. Many of the spoilers only have so many lines in them, and some of them don't even fill up the entire spoiler. Buuuut, that means more work, so take it how you want.

Overall, 8.6/10

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=topoliani/detail=factbook/id=965310
Last edited by Topoliani on Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Topoliani: A Post-Apoc Medieval Nation in the Levant

We don't use NSstats, nor is this nation a representation of my views.
News from the Desert: Convicted Murderer found to be hoarding 5000 loaves of bread, later distributed to the people... Orthodox Novice and Catholic Novitiate abandon their positions to marry each other, later fleeing to Amman. Dandi states that he'll personally marry the two if they come back, the seriousness of the statement is questioned... Idnad attempts to steal a sweet roll causing a barfight leaving 2 injured.

IC Year: 1210 AD.
PLEASE, Ignore all posts before 2020. They are no longer canon

Diarcesia
Minister

Founded: Aug 21, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Diarcesia » Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:07 pm

Topoliani wrote:
Synne Industries wrote:Another factbook that takes a simpler approach to its layout. Images uncentered and unfloated, default font with no added alignment. Though this smoothens out the flow of the factbook, this does lead to a few missed opportunities such as cleaner boxed and floated images, a table for listing the parties, and titles that stand out a tad more. There is also a bit of an inconsistent tone of writing with the first section appearing more note-like and the central elaboration being more personal and formal.

My good man, Synne. The Factbook before me is simply amazing. It would have been enough just to have a wall of text and some backgrounds for your Factbook, but no, you went all out. GIFs, Images, formatting that I didn't think was possible (granted, your other factbooks apply), the formatting alone is S+ tier. But, that's just formatting, any old monkey can make a Factbook and make it look fancy, so can you walk the walk? Well, you can. The math boggles my mind, the ship amazes me, these strange worlds that you have created are great.

My only real complaint would be font size, but that could just be my screen rather than your fault. All in all, 9.9/10

Oh my good god, so many ninja's

AN: Pending

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=topoliani/detail=factbook/id=965310

10/10 imagine having a war over alcohol and realizing in the end that there's none left. Depressing

Cities
Factbooks | Economic Liaison | Maintenance
Reject humanity. Return to Möngke.
bespoke and goldpilled

Valentine Z
Powerbroker

Postby Valentine Z » Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:27 pm

85 / 100. Good content, I quite like the read so far! ^^ My only take and peeve is the lack of pictures, but I understand that is quite a task. Heck, I took some time of my own to get the pictures that I want, with proper credit given as best as I can, of course!

Did some tweaks for this one. As for adding more content? Might have to wait. https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=701792

De Valentian CV.

Valentijn now a She!

• Am I a pretty girl?

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Forum 7