NATION

PASSWORD

[Draft] REPEAL "Rights Of The Employed"

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
User avatar
Zaberaz Hapang
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 19
Founded: Apr 29, 2020
New York Times Democracy

[Draft] REPEAL "Rights Of The Employed"

Postby Zaberaz Hapang » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:04 am

General Assembly Resolution # 491 (Category: Civil Rights; Strength: Strong) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Acknowledging That Resolution #491 was a well-meaning article;

CONSIDERING That As it clarifies, there are different laws that protect workers, however, these rights actually don't have enough strength, don't change enough for a better cause and shall then be considered null and void.

NOTING That Maternity leave is not compulsory in all businesses and enterprises and therefore is forcing both nations and enterprises to apply them, and that may lead to an economic collapse of different industries.

FURTHER NOTING That D4 says that any worker shall be protected from any sanctions for protesting in a trial, from which it damages a business, it may even ruin it.

FURTHER CONSIDERING That E3 states that as not able to avoid breastfeeding in a workplace, enterprises must entitle parents to have private, safe, hygienic and ventilated areas, which it forces an enterprise to have, but then having maternity leave.

CONTINUING E1 is like E2 but can claim more time, together they would claim 12 weeks, which is a lot for a male worker, considered excessive.

Realizing That workers have same salaries but less work for up to a year, and should not happen.

The General Asembly hereby repeals the 'Rights Of The Employed' Resolution.

Co-Authored by Transvolcanic
Last edited by Zaberaz Hapang on Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:27 pm, edited 9 times in total.

User avatar
Honeydewistania
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1321
Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Honeydewistania » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:08 am

Some typographical errors, get them checked out
Honeydewistania

Regional Military Director of Lazarus
Posts OOC unless marked otherwise.
Ambassador to the WA: Benji Hepperle

The MT Army Warrior
Biggest acheivement: Spelling
GA#494 "Regulating Desalination"
GA#498 "Ban on Forced Blood Sports"
GA#502 Repeal "Freedom to Seek Medical Care II"

SC#315 "Commend Vippertooth33"

User avatar
Zaberaz Hapang
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 19
Founded: Apr 29, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Postby Zaberaz Hapang » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:09 am

Honeydewistania wrote:Some typographical errors, get them checked out

yes, sorry, I'm fixing them

User avatar
Honeydewistania
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1321
Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Honeydewistania » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:15 am

Zaberaz Hapang wrote:
Honeydewistania wrote:Some typographical errors, get them checked out

yes, sorry, I'm fixing them

No need to apologise :)
Honeydewistania

Regional Military Director of Lazarus
Posts OOC unless marked otherwise.
Ambassador to the WA: Benji Hepperle

The MT Army Warrior
Biggest acheivement: Spelling
GA#494 "Regulating Desalination"
GA#498 "Ban on Forced Blood Sports"
GA#502 Repeal "Freedom to Seek Medical Care II"

SC#315 "Commend Vippertooth33"

User avatar
Kenmoria
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6257
Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Corporate Bordello

Postby Kenmoria » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:56 am

“I’ll have more feedback later. For the moment, it should be the General Assembly, not the Security Council, doing the repealing at the end. We don’t acknowledge the other chamber here.”
A representative democracy with a parliament of 535 seats
Kenmoria is Laissez-Faire on economy but centre-left on social issues
Located in Europe and border France to the right and Spain below
NS stats and policies are not canon, use the factbooks
Not in the WA despite coincidentally following nearly all resolutions
This is due to a problem with how the WA contradicts democracy
However we do have a WA mission and often participate in drafting
Current ambassador: James Lewitt

For more information, read the factbooks here.

User avatar
Zaberaz Hapang
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 19
Founded: Apr 29, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Postby Zaberaz Hapang » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:00 am

Kenmoria wrote:“I’ll have more feedback later. For the moment, it should be the General Assembly, not the Security Council, doing the repealing at the end. We don’t acknowledge the other chamber here.”

what do you mean? it IS in the general assembly

User avatar
Kenmoria
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6257
Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Corporate Bordello

Postby Kenmoria » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:02 am

Zaberaz Hapang wrote:
Kenmoria wrote:“I’ll have more feedback later. For the moment, it should be the General Assembly, not the Security Council, doing the repealing at the end. We don’t acknowledge the other chamber here.”

what do you mean? it IS in the general assembly

(OOC: Your final line, ‘The Security Council hereby repeals...’ should be ‘The General Assembly hereby repeals...’ or ‘The World Assembly hereby repeals...’, because it isn’t allowed to mention the SC in any form.)
A representative democracy with a parliament of 535 seats
Kenmoria is Laissez-Faire on economy but centre-left on social issues
Located in Europe and border France to the right and Spain below
NS stats and policies are not canon, use the factbooks
Not in the WA despite coincidentally following nearly all resolutions
This is due to a problem with how the WA contradicts democracy
However we do have a WA mission and often participate in drafting
Current ambassador: James Lewitt

For more information, read the factbooks here.

User avatar
ZH Card Farm 2
Civilian
 
Posts: 1
Founded: Jul 07, 2020
Father Knows Best State

Postby ZH Card Farm 2 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:10 am

Kenmoria wrote:
Zaberaz Hapang wrote:what do you mean? it IS in the general assembly

(OOC: Your final line, ‘The Security Council hereby repeals...’ should be ‘The General Assembly hereby repeals...’ or ‘The World Assembly hereby repeals...’, because it isn’t allowed to mention the SC in any form.)

you're right, my mistake, I'll correct it.

User avatar
Zaberaz Hapang
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 19
Founded: Apr 29, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Postby Zaberaz Hapang » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:55 am

Nobody else has comments?

User avatar
Araraukar
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15165
Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:13 am

Zaberaz Hapang wrote:Nobody else has comments?

OOC: Plenty of them:

Zaberaz Hapang wrote:CONSIDERING That As it clarifies, there are different laws that protect workers, however, this rights actually don't have enough strength, don't change enough for a better cause and shall then be considered null and void

Grammar atrocities.

NOTING That Maternity leave is not compulsory in all businesses and enterprises, and therefor is forcing both nations and enterprises to apply them, and that may lead to an economic collapse of different industries.

Spelling. And also I don't quite understand this. You say maternity leave is not compulsory but that it is compulsory and can thus lead to economic collapse?

FURTHER NOTING That D4 says that any worker shall be protected from any sanctions for protesting in a trial, from which if it damages a business, it may even ruin it.

Grammar atrocity.

FURTHER CONSIDERING That E3 states that as not able to avoid breastfeeding in a workplace, enterprises must entitle parents to have private, safe, hygienic and ventilated areas, which force an enterprise to have, but then having maternity leave doesn't work.

Grammar atrocities.

CONTINUING E1 is like E2 but can claim more time, together they would claim 12 weeks, which is a lot to a male worker, considered excessive

Grammar atrocities, the whole clause. And pretty much incomprehensive, too.

Realizing That workers have same salaries but less work for even a year, and should not happen like that, again, maternity paid leave

Grammar atrocities.

Co-Authored by Transvolcanic

Your co-author should help you more.
- Linda Äyrämäki, acting ambassador in the absence of miss Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Coronavirus related. This too. And this. These are all jokes. This isn't. This is, again, but it's also the last one.

User avatar
Zaberaz Hapang
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 19
Founded: Apr 29, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Postby Zaberaz Hapang » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:16 pm

Araraukar wrote:
Zaberaz Hapang wrote:Nobody else has comments?

OOC: Plenty of them:

Zaberaz Hapang wrote:CONSIDERING That As it clarifies, there are different laws that protect workers, however, this rights actually don't have enough strength, don't change enough for a better cause and shall then be considered null and void

Grammar atrocities.

NOTING That Maternity leave is not compulsory in all businesses and enterprises, and therefor is forcing both nations and enterprises to apply them, and that may lead to an economic collapse of different industries.

Spelling. And also I don't quite understand this. You say maternity leave is not compulsory but that it is compulsory and can thus lead to economic collapse?

FURTHER NOTING That D4 says that any worker shall be protected from any sanctions for protesting in a trial, from which if it damages a business, it may even ruin it.

Grammar atrocity.
thank you, I will try to correct the 'grammar atrocities'
FURTHER CONSIDERING That E3 states that as not able to avoid breastfeeding in a workplace, enterprises must entitle parents to have private, safe, hygienic and ventilated areas, which force an enterprise to have, but then having maternity leave doesn't work.

Grammar atrocities.

CONTINUING E1 is like E2 but can claim more time, together they would claim 12 weeks, which is a lot to a male worker, considered excessive

Grammar atrocities, the whole clause. And pretty much incomprehensive, too.

Realizing That workers have same salaries but less work for even a year, and should not happen like that, again, maternity paid leave

Grammar atrocities.

Co-Authored by Transvolcanic

Your co-author should help you more.

User avatar
Zaberaz Hapang
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 19
Founded: Apr 29, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Postby Zaberaz Hapang » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:21 pm

Any other comments that aren't because of grammar or spelling?

User avatar
Anurial
Secretary
 
Posts: 33
Founded: Feb 17, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Anurial » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:54 pm

I'm confused at the reasoning for wanting to repeal the resolution. Does it not go far enough or is it too restrictive on business?
"When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called "the People's Stick".

Free Land of Anurial

13th August 2020
✉ Anarquía Mirror: Abana attacker lynched by individual with heavy ties to AF
International Mirror: Karsian protests continue as government resists international pressure
Politipoll: PSF 48%, PDS 25%, NLA 10%, SU 5%, AF 4%, CU 8%


User avatar
Araraukar
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15165
Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:19 pm

Zaberaz Hapang wrote:Any other comments that aren't because of grammar or spelling?

OOC: The grammar atrocities make it hard to understand what you're trying to say at all, hence pointing them out. Also, my post had a content question for you in it. Want to try to answer it? (Also, if you want, I can write "incomprehensible" at just about every case of grammar atrocities, but it wouldn't really be any more helpful.)

In other words, if you want comments that aren't about grammar, you need to fix the grammar so that people can figure out what the content is saying.
- Linda Äyrämäki, acting ambassador in the absence of miss Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Coronavirus related. This too. And this. These are all jokes. This isn't. This is, again, but it's also the last one.

User avatar
Zaberaz Hapang
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 19
Founded: Apr 29, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Postby Zaberaz Hapang » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:00 pm

Anurial wrote:I'm confused at the reasoning for wanting to repeal the resolution. Does it not go far enough or is it too restrictive on business?

Tbh Transvolcanic did all of the pointing out, all I did was the format because he didn't know how to, you know what? I give up

User avatar
Tinhampton
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7019
Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Anarchy

Postby Tinhampton » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:02 pm

Please mark your [ABANDONED] drafts accordingly. For future reference:
Zaberaz Hapang wrote:General Assembly Resolution # 491 (Category: Civil Rights; Strength: Strong) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Acknowledging That Resolution #491 was a well-meaning article;

CONSIDERING That As it clarifies, there are different laws that protect workers, however, these rights actually don't have enough strength, don't change enough for a better cause and shall then be considered null and void.

NOTING That Maternity leave is not compulsory in all businesses and enterprises and therefore is forcing both nations and enterprises to apply them, and that may lead to an economic collapse of different industries.

FURTHER NOTING That D4 says that any worker shall be protected from any sanctions for protesting in a trial, from which it damages a business, it may even ruin it.

FURTHER CONSIDERING That E3 states that as not able to avoid breastfeeding in a workplace, enterprises must entitle parents to have private, safe, hygienic and ventilated areas, which it forces an enterprise to have, but then having maternity leave.

CONTINUING E1 is like E2 but can claim more time, together they would claim 12 weeks, which is a lot for a male worker, considered excessive.

Realizing That workers have same salaries but less work for up to a year, and should not happen.

The General Asembly hereby repeals the 'Rights Of The Employed' Resolution.

Co-Authored by Transvolcanic
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 319,372): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador ~ Achievements
3 SC Resolutions + 0 co-authored:
A: SC#250, Repeal "Liberate Femdom Empire" (87%)
A: SC#251, Commend Alasdair I Frosticus (91%)
A: SC#267, Repeal "Liberate The East Pacific" (90%)

1 GA Resolution + 1 co-authored:
A: GA#484, Disease Naming Compact (54%)
C: GA#491, Rights of the employed (54%)

0 Issues + 1 co-authored:
C: #1115, One in the Arm for @@LEADER@@?

73rd Cup of Harmony - CHAMPIONS


Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Advertisement

Remove ads