NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Commend Civil Defence Siren

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
User avatar
Madison and Wisconsin
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 22
Founded: Mar 12, 2020
Corporate Bordello

[DRAFT] Commend Civil Defence Siren

Postby Madison and Wisconsin » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:36 pm

Hello to the Security Council!

Of Yeet Skeet Repeat and I are writing a Security Council resolution proposal to Commend Civil Defence Siren (OOC: Civil Defence Siren is the nation maintained by the Pacific regions to send telegrams to nations who join its list of fascist/Nazi regions).

Here is the proposal:

The Security Council,

NOTING that Civil Defence Siren has helped to protect nations who may join regions with fascist and Nazi idologies but don’t know that those regions have those ideologies,

ACKNOWLEDGING that many regions that Civil Defence Siren protects nations from joining have declined sharply in the number of nations, which may have partly been due to the hard work of Civil Defence Siren,

INSPIRED by the braveness that Civil Defence Siren shows in their protection of nations who move to fascist regions, despite the risks of fascist regions being very hostile towards Civil Defence Siren,

GLAD that nations have been saved from having to be exposed to offensive and disparaging practices that nations in fascist regions may have,

OVERJOYED that Civil Defence Siren has helped nations join welcoming regions where all are included, not in discriminatory regions full of bigotry and hate,

HEREBY COMMENDS Civil Defence Siren.

Co-authored by Madison and Wisconsin. (Or else Of Yeet Skeet Repeat, depending on who actually submits.)


Here is the original draft that Of Yeet Skeet Repeat wrote and submitted to the Security Council (which was ruled as illegal due to rules 3, 4B, and 4C).

Realizing, that The Civil Defence Siren helps protect nations from joining fascist regions
Acknowledging, that The Civil Defence Siren May sometimes mess up (the CDD is not facist)
Knowing, that The Civil Defence Siren May be a bot.
Knowing that if not a bot, The Civil Defence Siren has a very hard job.


Thank you for any feedback that you might have!
Madison and Wisconsin
WA Delegate of the Red Wolf Alliance

Secretary of Foreign Affairs and Senator of the Red Wolf Alliance
President of The Moonlight Battle Born (Green Bay and Wisconsin)
Citizen of The Union of Democratic States (Milwaukee and Wisconsin)
Member of the House of Delegates in the Assembly of Regions (Green Bay and Wisconsin)

User avatar
Tinhampton
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7005
Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Anarchy

Postby Tinhampton » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:45 pm

CDS does not "protect" anybody from joining a particular region. Instead, it sends them automated telegrams upon arrival warning them of the dangers of fascism, etc.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 319,372): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador ~ Achievements
3 SC Resolutions + 0 co-authored:
A: SC#250, Repeal "Liberate Femdom Empire" (87%)
A: SC#251, Commend Alasdair I Frosticus (91%)
A: SC#267, Repeal "Liberate The East Pacific" (90%)

1 GA Resolution + 1 co-authored:
A: GA#484, Disease Naming Compact (54%)
C: GA#491, Rights of the employed (54%)

0 Issues + 1 co-authored:
C: #1115, One in the Arm for @@LEADER@@?

73rd Cup of Harmony - CHAMPIONS

User avatar
Madison and Wisconsin
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 22
Founded: Mar 12, 2020
Corporate Bordello

Postby Madison and Wisconsin » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:54 pm

I used the word "protect" instead of the term "telegram" since I wasn't sure if that would end up being in-character due to the SC rules on things having to be IC and having to refer to the nation, not the player behind the nation. Do you think the word "telegram" would be okay?
Madison and Wisconsin
WA Delegate of the Red Wolf Alliance

Secretary of Foreign Affairs and Senator of the Red Wolf Alliance
President of The Moonlight Battle Born (Green Bay and Wisconsin)
Citizen of The Union of Democratic States (Milwaukee and Wisconsin)
Member of the House of Delegates in the Assembly of Regions (Green Bay and Wisconsin)

User avatar
Wayneactia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1317
Founded: Aug 01, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Wayneactia » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:54 pm

No. The CCD is not going to buy a resolution, especially not one based on anti-fascism. It's not going to happen.

User avatar
Madison and Wisconsin
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 22
Founded: Mar 12, 2020
Corporate Bordello

Postby Madison and Wisconsin » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:56 pm

I took a look at the Security Council rules thread and it says "Any term included within NationStates the game - eg. passwords, World Factbook Entries, founders, eject, 'black helicopters transporting nations between regions' - legal." So I guess that using the term "telegram" would be fine, thanks for mentioning it.
Madison and Wisconsin
WA Delegate of the Red Wolf Alliance

Secretary of Foreign Affairs and Senator of the Red Wolf Alliance
President of The Moonlight Battle Born (Green Bay and Wisconsin)
Citizen of The Union of Democratic States (Milwaukee and Wisconsin)
Member of the House of Delegates in the Assembly of Regions (Green Bay and Wisconsin)

User avatar
Madison and Wisconsin
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 22
Founded: Mar 12, 2020
Corporate Bordello

Postby Madison and Wisconsin » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:57 pm

Wayneactia wrote:No. The CCD is not going to buy a resolution, especially not one based on anti-fascism. It's not going to happen.


"Buy" as in (OOC) buying telegram stamps? Or do you mean "buy" as in support?
Madison and Wisconsin
WA Delegate of the Red Wolf Alliance

Secretary of Foreign Affairs and Senator of the Red Wolf Alliance
President of The Moonlight Battle Born (Green Bay and Wisconsin)
Citizen of The Union of Democratic States (Milwaukee and Wisconsin)
Member of the House of Delegates in the Assembly of Regions (Green Bay and Wisconsin)

User avatar
Wayneactia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1317
Founded: Aug 01, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Wayneactia » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:59 pm

Madison and Wisconsin wrote:
Wayneactia wrote:No. The CCD is not going to buy a resolution, especially not one based on anti-fascism. It's not going to happen.


"Buy" as in (OOC) buying telegram stamps? Or do you mean "buy" as in support?

As in telegram stamps. And trust me, they will try.

User avatar
Madison and Wisconsin
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 22
Founded: Mar 12, 2020
Corporate Bordello

Postby Madison and Wisconsin » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:04 pm

You do have a good point, as honestly there aren't any reasons for this resolution, other than the telegrams it sends to nations joining the flagged regions. However, I think that the telegrams are helpful, as nations might join one of the flagged regions from somewhere such as a recruitment telegram, not knowing that that region has facist/Nazi ideologies.

It might also worth be pointing out that some of the flagged regions only have a few nations. Many of those did previously have a lot more nations, but they declined, which could have partially been due to the telegrams from CDS that were warning people about the ideology of the region they were entering. (There is also the possibility that military organizations from the regions that control CDS, such as the North Pacific Army, were raiding some of the regions that CDS flagged as fascist/Nazi.
Last edited by Madison and Wisconsin on Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Madison and Wisconsin
WA Delegate of the Red Wolf Alliance

Secretary of Foreign Affairs and Senator of the Red Wolf Alliance
President of The Moonlight Battle Born (Green Bay and Wisconsin)
Citizen of The Union of Democratic States (Milwaukee and Wisconsin)
Member of the House of Delegates in the Assembly of Regions (Green Bay and Wisconsin)

User avatar
Wayneactia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1317
Founded: Aug 01, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Wayneactia » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:45 pm

Madison and Wisconsin wrote:You do have a good point, as honestly there aren't any reasons for this resolution, other than the telegrams it sends to nations joining the flagged regions. However, I think that the telegrams are helpful, as nations might join one of the flagged regions from somewhere such as a recruitment telegram, not knowing that that region has facist/Nazi ideologies.

And the only reason the CCD wants this to happens is either Joco or Shrew is having some dream that this will somehow get them removed from the CCD. I urge you not to step into this bear trap.

Madison and Wisconsin wrote:(There is also the possibility that military organizations from the regions that control CDS, such as the North Pacific Army, were raiding some of the regions that CDS flagged as fascist/Nazi.

I really don't think "possibility" is the correct word. More like absolutely. That's what happens to fascist regions. They get raided.

User avatar
Madison and Wisconsin
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 22
Founded: Mar 12, 2020
Corporate Bordello

Postby Madison and Wisconsin » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:09 pm

I don’t think the CCD wants this to happen. As far as I know, there hasn’t been anyone involved in this except for Of Yeet Skeet Repeat and I.

My guess is that Shrew and Joco wouldn’t support this, but honestly I don’t think that either of them even know about this.

Is this a bear trap though?
Oof what have I walked into
Madison and Wisconsin
WA Delegate of the Red Wolf Alliance

Secretary of Foreign Affairs and Senator of the Red Wolf Alliance
President of The Moonlight Battle Born (Green Bay and Wisconsin)
Citizen of The Union of Democratic States (Milwaukee and Wisconsin)
Member of the House of Delegates in the Assembly of Regions (Green Bay and Wisconsin)

User avatar
Wayneactia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1317
Founded: Aug 01, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Wayneactia » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:34 pm

Madison and Wisconsin wrote:I don’t think the CCD wants this to happen. As far as I know, there hasn’t been anyone involved in this except for Of Yeet Skeet Repeat and I.

My guess is that Shrew and Joco wouldn’t support this, but honestly I don’t think that either of them even know about this.

Is this a bear trap though?
Oof what have I walked into

Nothing comes out of the CCD without being run by either Joco or Shrew, I can assure you.

User avatar
Madison and Wisconsin
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 22
Founded: Mar 12, 2020
Corporate Bordello

Postby Madison and Wisconsin » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:35 pm

Wayneactia wrote:
Madison and Wisconsin wrote:I don’t think the CCD wants this to happen. As far as I know, there hasn’t been anyone involved in this except for Of Yeet Skeet Repeat and I.

My guess is that Shrew and Joco wouldn’t support this, but honestly I don’t think that either of them even know about this.

Is this a bear trap though?
Oof what have I walked into

Nothing comes out of the CCD without being run by either Joco or Shrew, I can assure you.


Not saying I don’t believe you, but I feel like if one of them saw it they would give some feedback on it since the original proposal had multiple rules that it didn’t follow (according to the SC Secretariat).
Madison and Wisconsin
WA Delegate of the Red Wolf Alliance

Secretary of Foreign Affairs and Senator of the Red Wolf Alliance
President of The Moonlight Battle Born (Green Bay and Wisconsin)
Citizen of The Union of Democratic States (Milwaukee and Wisconsin)
Member of the House of Delegates in the Assembly of Regions (Green Bay and Wisconsin)

User avatar
Bhang Bhang Duc
Minister
 
Posts: 2355
Founded: Dec 17, 2003
New York Times Democracy

Postby Bhang Bhang Duc » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:28 am

While the work of CDS is commendable, it's not Commendable if you see what I mean. In my opinion to be Commendable a nation or region should have had a major influence on the NS world over a long period of time. And while CDS is doing something worthwhile it's basically an automated bot. And to me that's not enough to award it a Commend.

Sorry, no support from me.
Former Delegate and Guardian of The West Pacific. TWP's Former Minister for World Assembly Affairs

The West Pacific's Official Welshman, Astronomer and Old Fart

Pierconium wrote:I see Funk as an opportunistic manipulator that utilises the means available to him to reach his goals. In other words, a nation after my own heart.

RiderSyl wrote:If an enchantress made it so one raid could bring about world peace, Unibot would ask raiders to just sign a petition instead.

User avatar
Madison and Wisconsin
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 22
Founded: Mar 12, 2020
Corporate Bordello

Postby Madison and Wisconsin » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:38 pm

The Security Council,

NOTING that Civil Defence Siren has notified nations who join regions with fascist and Nazi ideologies but don’t know that those regions have those ideologies,

ACKNOWLEDGING that many regions Civil Defence Siren alerts new nations in have declined sharply in the number of nations, which may have partly been due to the hard work of Civil Defence Siren,

INSPIRED by the braveness that Civil Defence Siren shows in their notifications to nations who move to fascist regions, despite the risks of fascist regions being very hostile towards Civil Defence Siren,

GLAD that nations have been saved from having to be exposed to offensive and disparaging practices that nations in fascist regions may have,

OVERJOYED that Civil Defence Siren has helped nations join welcoming regions where all are included, not in discriminatory regions full of bigotry and hate,

HEREBY COMMENDS Civil Defence Siren.

Co-authored by Madison and Wisconsin. (Or else Of Yeet Skeet Repeat, depending on who actually submits.)


Would this resolution would be legal? I read the rules and checked over everything and it looks fine, but the one thing I'm not sure about is the "notifications" or "alerts," but I guess a nation can do that (OOC: For example, if Nation A is bombing Nation B, and Nation C finds out, Nation C can alert Nation B).
Madison and Wisconsin
WA Delegate of the Red Wolf Alliance

Secretary of Foreign Affairs and Senator of the Red Wolf Alliance
President of The Moonlight Battle Born (Green Bay and Wisconsin)
Citizen of The Union of Democratic States (Milwaukee and Wisconsin)
Member of the House of Delegates in the Assembly of Regions (Green Bay and Wisconsin)

User avatar
Refuge Isle
Envoy
 
Posts: 259
Founded: Dec 14, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Refuge Isle » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:51 pm

Madison and Wisconsin wrote:
INSPIRED by the braveness that Civil Defence Siren shows in their notifications to nations who move to fascist regions, despite the risks of fascist regions being very hostile towards Civil Defence Siren,

Regarding "in their notifications," you may get into trouble with this for a 4c violation. References to raw mechanical events or things that are clearly referring to the game as a game need some light RPing, imagining what they would be like in an "in character" world.
Last edited by Refuge Isle on Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Wayneactia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1317
Founded: Aug 01, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Wayneactia » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:33 pm

Madison and Wisconsin wrote:
The Security Council,

NOTING that Civil Defence Siren has notified nations who join regions with fascist and Nazi ideologies but don’t know that those regions have those ideologies,

ACKNOWLEDGING that many regions Civil Defence Siren alerts new nations in have declined sharply in the number of nations, which may have partly been due to the hard work of Civil Defence Siren,

INSPIRED by the braveness that Civil Defence Siren shows in their notifications to nations who move to fascist regions, despite the risks of fascist regions being very hostile towards Civil Defence Siren,

GLAD that nations have been saved from having to be exposed to offensive and disparaging practices that nations in fascist regions may have,

OVERJOYED that Civil Defence Siren has helped nations join welcoming regions where all are included, not in discriminatory regions full of bigotry and hate,

HEREBY COMMENDS Civil Defence Siren.

Co-authored by Madison and Wisconsin. (Or else Of Yeet Skeet Repeat, depending on who actually submits.)


Would this resolution would be legal? I read the rules and checked over everything and it looks fine, but the one thing I'm not sure about is the "notifications" or "alerts," but I guess a nation can do that (OOC: For example, if Nation A is bombing Nation B, and Nation C finds out, Nation C can alert Nation B).

There is a very large difference between legal and you know...... Good.


Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Green Tombstone

Advertisement

Remove ads