NATION

PASSWORD

Just no point in playing...

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Anavatia
Civilian

Founded: Jun 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Just no point in playing...

Postby Anavatia » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:44 am

No point in playing this game... Can't build a nation I want. With people uncorrupted and morally pure. With universal basic income. With girls preferring fedora-wearing guys, and cuddling with anyone who asks in general. No choices would give me what I want. At least, the idea of this particular nation can't be realized. Maybe I should stop wasting time here. Whatever.
Last edited by Anavatia on Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Black Owl
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 29, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Black Owl » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:47 am

Yeah, it advertised as, "build a nation to your likings" but it really doesn't let us, just issues that really doesn't do anything

Honeydewistania
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:47 am

Anavatia wrote:No point in playing this game... Can't build a nation I want. With people uncorrupted and morally pure. With universal basic income. With girls preferring fedora-wearing guys, and cuddling with anyone who asks in general. No choices would give me what I want. At least, the idea of this particular nation can't be realized. Maybe I should stop wasting time here. Whatever.

give it a while mate, your nation is young. In a few months you could get your own utopia. Maybe.
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Alger wrote:if you have egoquotes in your signature, touch grass

New Vedan
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Vedan » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:48 am

Yea m8 the sites pretty barebones. You kinda just gotta make of it what you will.

Dominioan
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 10, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Dominioan » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:49 am

Anavatia wrote:No point in playing this game... Can't build a nation I want. With people uncorrupted and morally pure. With universal basic income. With girls preferring fedora-wearing guys, and cuddling with anyone who asks in general. No choices would give me what I want. At least, the idea of this particular nation can't be realized. Maybe I should stop wasting time here. Whatever.

The real fun is on the forums (F7 is best), and in regional activities. Roleplaying and government, for example.
Help i'm addicted to pain so I keep coming back to this site
Direct rule from Oklahoma City
Cool person

I've read 1984, so I can confirm this is in fact 1984

BOOMER SOONER
CHOP ON

Surrealist Patagonia
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 07, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Surrealist Patagonia » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:50 am

Bro, you could write factbooks detailing your fantasy nation then participate in a chill forum like F7. Writing quality factbooks takes time but it's worth it 8)
The Avant-Gardist State of Patagonia ~~~ Gauchos and Mapuches, orgies and parties, avant-garde art, futurism, syndicalism, the New Man, general strikes, the glorification of violence, spiritual nationalism, esoteric occultism, CIA spooks, Spartanian homosexuality, public sodomy, and more
    Triomphe du Surréalisme (1968)
  • There are many things said about Patagonia but few actually know what goes on behind the Andes mountains. Tales of human depravation and man's inner darkest self run wild. A place where avant-garde culture flourish and the artist don't fear the censor. Where all live bold and free under the gaze of the Patron. Yet all dreams will come to an end soon...
  • Not expecting an essay. Just a couple of sentences that shows that you know my work well enough

-Astoria-
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 27, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby -Astoria- » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:52 am

You've only been here for about three weeks; why not write up a factbook so that you can put those ideas on paper?

It's not obligatory to keep to NS stats; many people (including me) disregard them entirely.
Surrealist Patagonia wrote:

Bro, you could write factbooks detailing your fantasy nation then participate in a chill forum like F7. Writing quality factbooks takes time but it's worth it 8)

This.
                                                      Republic of Astoria | Pobolieth Asdair                                                      
Bedhent cewsel ein gweisiau | Our deeds shall speak
IC: FactbooksLocationEmbassiesFAQIntegrity | OOC: CCL's VP • 9th in NSFB#110/10: DGES
 ⌜✉⌟ TV1 News | 2023-04-11  ▶ ⬤──────── (LIVE) |  Headlines  Winter out; spring in for public parks • Environment ministry announces A₤300m in renewables subsidies • "Not enough," say unions on A₤24m planned Govt cost-of-living salary supplement |  Weather  Liskerry ⛅ 13° • Altas ⛅ 10° • Esterpine ☀ 11° • Naltgybal ☁ 14° • Ceirtryn ⛅ 19° • Bynscel ☀ 11° • Lyteel ☔ 9° |  Traffic  ROADWORKS: WRE expwy towards Port Trelyn closed; use Routes P294 northbound; P83 southbound 

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:13 am

Rome wasn't built in a day. Or in 12 days.

Explore around, look at what you want to write for your factbooks, and perhaps even be considerate on the issue choices you made. New nations have fluctuating issue effects and stats, but they will come around as you start to establish it more and more.

If NS Stats isn't your thing, factbooks! Like I said, there are many, many resources out there to help you out.
Last edited by Valentine Z on Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:20 am

If you wanna cuddle, just ask your homies.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Baltic Union
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 01, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Baltic Union » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:24 am

'With girls preferring fedora-wearing guys'

This is hilarious.

Free Ravensburg
Senator

Founded: Jun 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Ravensburg » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:25 am

Do not give up. I, myself, am a terrible writer, but you know what, I persevere. Even though I don’t have a good way of presenting my ideas, it doesn’t stop me from trying. The good thing about failure is what you learn from it. Don’t pull yourself apart for not doing well. Learn from what you did, and improve. Practice makes perfect
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA Times
INT:| Canada "Gives Up" on Hiding Aliens and UFOs/ NAT:| Ravenian Astronauts That Went on the EELOO Mission Report Seeing a Mass of "Squidlike Handlike Starships"
Borb with an NS account and a crippling addiction passion to JoJo that Lives in the F7 Servers | TG’s are not for JoJo Stuff | Current Global Mood: I-is that a… | NSStats Accused of Treason to the Republic | Copper Plasma > Lasers

Anime Maids
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 09, 2020
Ex-Nation

The game is great

Postby Anime Maids » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:25 am

I love this game. I get to roleplay with my nation and I have fun.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General