NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Planefully Obvious

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.

Which issue is your favorite?

Quality
No votes
Security
25%
People Relations
75%

Total votes : 4

Minskiev
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 20, 2020
New York Times Democracy

[DRAFT] Planefully Obvious

Postby Minskiev » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:22 pm

[version] Aircraft Quality

[title] Planefully Obvious

[validity] Capitalist, doesn’t have No Planes

[description] A great tragedy has occurred, as many @@DENONYM@@ diplomats and ambassadors lost their lives in a plane crash, due to leaking fuel tanks in the wings, by the private company, @@DENONYM@@ Aircraft Manufacturing, to reduce expenses. Businessmen and ministers have found your office to be the perfect spot to solve the issue.

[option] “Do you know how many families I’ve had to notify and apologize to today?!” yells your Minister of Foreign Affairs, @@RANDOMNAME@@, while the businessmen stare at their leather shoes. “If it weren’t for those greedy pigs in the three-piece suits cutting costs, those innocent @@DENONYMPLURAL@@ wouldn’t have died! I vote we tighten the standards so @@DENOMYM@@ Aircraft Manufacturing and other heartless aircraft manufacturers only pump out their finest work! For a safer @@NAME@@!”

[effect] the daily airport delay count quadruples

[option] “What happened to economic freedom?” asks the CEO of @@DENONYM@@ Aircraft Manufacturing, @@RANDOMNAME@@, while wiping @@HIS@@ monocle. “It’s not like we wanted those innocent people to die, but life happens, and you just have to deal with that. Perhaps if you remove the safety codes, we could make more money...to then increase the safety, of course. Also, we’d like a tax cut.”

[effect] airlines are introducing convertible airplanes for double the price

[option] “That’s complete and utter @@ANIMAL@@ crap!” screams @@RANDOMNAME@@, your Minister of Leftism, while throwing a fit in front of you. “Giving private companies any freedom will always result in this corporate greed! Power to the people! Let’s get rid of private transportation, to end this madness! First privatization, and then the minds of the workers! AHAHAHAHA!” @@HE@@ cackles, until dragged out of your office by the CEO’s security guards.

[effect] anyone sitting on the right aisle of planes is arrested

[option] “Calm down everyone, I have a solution.” states @@RANDOMNAME@@, your Minister of Mediocre Solutions. “What if we install major safety checks on all transportation, but we also subsidize the aircraft manufacturers? Only the ones I-, I mean we, like, of course. So none of those awful manufacturers from Dàguó. I will not tolerate Dàguó Aircraft longer! No more Dàguó Aircraft!” @@HE@@ takes a pause, then continues. “Doesn’t that sound lovely?”

[effect] airlines strive to become the government favorite

[option] “Why do we need such shenanigans like planes anyways?” asks your grandpa. “Why do we even need money wastefully poured into transportation when seniors like me need it? I say we transfer lots of transportation funding directly into Senior Welfare. Most of us will get to enjoy it, anyways.”

[effect] seniors fare well with extensive welfare

Policy “No Planes” is added.

[version] Aircraft Flight Attendants

[description] Many @@DENONYM@@ diplomats and ambassadors returning from political summits have been harassed by flight attendants opposed to their decisions at the meeting, due to Lilliputia sneaking in their flight attendants offering to work for lower wages. The airline, @@DENONYM@@ Airlines, has taken these deals, to reduce expenses. Businessmen and ministers have found your office to be the perfect spot to solve the issue.

[option] “Do you know how many flight attendants those pesky Lilliputians have snuck in?!” yells your Minister of Foreign Affairs, @@RANDOMNAME@@, while the businessmen stare at their leather shoes. “If it weren’t for those greedy pigs in the three-piece suits cutting costs, those innocent @@DENONYMPLURAL@@ wouldn’t have been treated so terribly! I vote we tighten the hiring requirements so @@DENOMYM@@ Airlines and other unpatriotic airlines only pump out their finest workers! For a better @@NAME@@!”

[effect] flight attendants’ boyfriends no longer want your first class seat

[option] “What happened to economic freedom?” asks the CEO of @@DENONYM@@ Airlines, @@RANDOMNAME@@, while wiping @@HIS@@ monocle. “It’s not like we wanted those people to be harassed, but life happens, and you just have to deal with that. Perhaps if you lower the hiring requirements, we could make more money...to then increase the hiring requirements, of course. Also, we’d like a tax cut.”

[effect] the air marshals are identifiable as the ones with @@DENONYM@@ accents

[option] “That’s complete and utter @@ANIMAL@@ crap!” screams @@RANDOMNAME@@, your Minister of Leftism, while throwing a fit in front of you. “Giving private companies any freedom will always result in this corporate greed! Power to the people! Let’s get rid of private transportation, to end this madness! First privatization, and then the minds of the workers! AHAHAHAHA!” @@HE@@ cackles, until dragged out of your office by the CEO’s security guards.

[option] “Calm down everyone, I have a solution.” states @@RANDOMNAME@@, your Minister of Mediocre Solutions. “What if we institute higher hiring requirements for transportation, but we also subsidize the airlines? Only the ones I-, I mean we, like, of course. So none of those awful airlines from Dàguó. I will not tolerate Dàguó Airlines longer! No more Dàguó Airlines!” @@HE@@ takes a pause, then continues. “Doesn’t that sound lovely?”

[option] “Why do we need such shenanigans like planes anyways?” asks your grandpa. “Why do we even need money wastefully poured into transportation when seniors like me need it? I say we transfer lots of transportation funding directly into Senior Welfare. Most of us will get to enjoy it, anyways.”

[version] Airport Security

[description] A great tragedy has occurred, as many @@DENONYM@@ diplomats and ambassadors lost their lives due to an airplane terrorist attack, since the airport, @@CAPITAL@@ Airport, didn’t bother repairing faulty weapon detectors to reduce expenses. Businessmen and ministers have found your office to be the perfect spot to solve the issue.

[option] “Do you know how many families I’ve had to notify and apologize to today?!” yells your Minister of Foreign Affairs, @@RANDOMNAME@@, while the businessmen stare at their leather shoes. “If it weren’t for those greedy pigs in the three-piece suits cutting costs, those innocent @@DENONYMPLURAL@@ wouldn’t have died! I vote we tighten the standards so @@CAPITAL@@ Airport and other heartless airports eliminate airplane terrorism! For a safer @@NAME@@!”

[effect] too much yogurt can get you heavily delayed

[option] “What happened to economic freedom?” asks the airport authority of @@CAPITAL@@ Airport, @@RANDOMNAME@@, while wiping @@HIS@@ monocle. “It’s not like we wanted those innocent people to die, but life happens, and you just have to deal with that. Perhaps if you remove the safety requirements, we could make more money...to then increase the safety, of course. Also, we’d like a tax cut.”

[effect] bazookas are a common carry-on item

[option] “That’s complete and utter @@ANIMAL@@ crap!” screams @@RANDOMNAME@@, your Minister of Leftism, while throwing a fit in front of you. “Giving private companies any freedom will always result in this corporate greed! Power to the people! Let’s get rid of private transportation, to end this madness! First privatization, and then the minds of the workers! AHAHAHAHA!” @@HE@@ cackles, until dragged out of your office by the airport authority’s security guards.

[option] “Calm down everyone, I have a solution.” states @@RANDOMNAME@@, your Minister of Mediocre Solutions. “What if we install major safety checks on all transportation, but we also subsidize the airports? Only the ones I-, I mean we, like, of course. So none of those awful airports primarily serving Dàguó. I will not tolerate Dàguó longer! No more flights to Dàguó!” @@HE@@ takes a pause, then continues. “Doesn’t that sound lovely?”

[effect] airports strive to become the government favorite

[option] “Why do we need such shenanigans like airports anyways?” asks your grandpa. “Why do we even need money wastefully poured into transportation when seniors like me need it? I say we transfer lots of transportation funding directly into Senior Welfare. Most of us will get to enjoy it, anyways.”

[title] Plane and Simple

[description] A great tragedy has occurred, as many @@DENONYM@@ diplomats and ambassadors lost their lives in a plane crash, due to a cut corner in the plane production process by the private company, @@DENONYM@@ Airlines, to reduce expenses. Businessmen and ministers have found your office to be the perfect spot to solve the issue.

[option] “Do you know how many families I’ve had to notify and apologize to today?!” yells your Minister of Foreign Affairs, @@RANDOMNAME@@, while the businessmen stare at their leather shoes. “If it weren’t for those greedy pigs in the three-piece suits cutting costs, those innocent @@DENONYMPLURAL@@ wouldn’t have died! I vote we seize @@DENONYM@@ Airlines and any other heartless airline to the government, to guarantee safety, and so I get free sea- I mean, for the fallen diplomats and ambassadors, of course.”

[effect] the daily airport delay count quadruples

[option] “What happened to economic freedom?” asks the CEO of @@DENONYM@@ Airlines, @@RANDOMNAME@@, while wiping @@HIS@@ monocle. “It’s not like we wanted those innocent people to die, but life happens, and you just have to deal with that. Perhaps if you remove the safety codes, we could make more money...to then increase the safety, of course. Also, we’d like a tax cut.”

[effect] airlines are introducing convertible airplanes for double the price

[option] “That’s complete and utter @@ANIMAL@@ crap!” screams your Minister of Leftism, while throwing a fit in front of you. “Giving private companies any freedom will always result in this corporate greed! Power to the people! Let’s get rid of private transportation, to end this madness! First privatization, and then the minds of the workers! AHAHAHAHA!” @@HE@@ cackles, until dragged out of your office by the CEO’s security guards.

[option] “Calm down everyone, I have a solution.” states your Minister of Mediocre Solutions. “What if we install major safety checks on all transportation, but we also subsidize the airlines? Only the ones I-, I mean we, like, of course. So none of that awful JetLiteBlue. And only serve my favorite snacks, and drinks. And first class needs my permission. What? Oh fine, the last two I could be okay without. But I will not tolerate JetLiteBlue any longer! No more JetLiteBlue! Doesn’t that sound lovely?”

[effect] private jet sales tank, as none want or can afford it

Last edited by Minskiev on Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:01 pm, edited 12 times in total.
“Don’t half-a** two things. Whole-a** one thing.”
”I’m here to kick bubblegum and chew a**. And I’m all out of a**.” You asked for it :/
A Nuclear World - Triple Commonwealth
The Eagle, Bear, and Flower - National Republic of China
Ascension - Voion

BLM looting fails as it is too cold for fires to start| Trench coats go into fashion as duffel bags head out| Space cows discovered near Alpha Centauri; meat already perfectly cooked
Handwarmers and Co. - +7.6| Oven Mitts Inc. - -15.4%| Boris’s Spacesteakhouse - +32.2%| Duffels - -41.8%| French Trenchcoats - +59.7%

Westinor
Envoy

Founded: Feb 15, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Postby Westinor » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:05 pm

Title overlap with #1279

Minskiev
Chargé d'Affaires

New York Times Democracy

Postby Minskiev » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:08 pm

Thanks! Any suggestions?
”I’m here to kick bubblegum and chew a**. And I’m all out of a**.” You asked for it :/
Ascension - Voion

BLM looting fails as it is too cold for fires to start| Trench coats go into fashion as duffel bags head out| Space cows discovered near Alpha Centauri; meat already perfectly cooked
Handwarmers and Co. - +7.6| Oven Mitts Inc. - -15.4%| Boris’s Spacesteakhouse - +32.2%| Duffels - -41.8%| French Trenchcoats - +59.7%

Westinor
Envoy

New York Times Democracy

Postby Westinor » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:31 pm

I might in a bit - researching other possible overlaps with issues, seeing as many issues deal with plane conditions and this issue is just a difference in the premise. Will try to see if I can have something up by the end of today, but I'm also in the middle of something so I haven't had a good read through.

Minskiev
Chargé d'Affaires

New York Times Democracy

Postby Minskiev » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:39 pm

Alright, then. Anyone else suggest a title?
Ascension - Voion

Westinor
Envoy

New York Times Democracy

Postby Westinor » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:12 pm

Yeah, looks like I wasn't able to come up with a title :/ Not the greatest at that, sorry :p

As far as the issue goes, it needs to move away from the "fix the quality of planes" to a different direction, perhaps PR or security. The premise is that planes are in bad shape, which is (though presented in a different premise) exactly the same as #747. If you choose navigation errors, that's also covered in the Nail domino effect issue, though it could work. There's potential with this issue, particularly international outrage over the deaths of foreign citizens (which could be worked in) or perhaps in the lack of personnel in the State cabinet for @@NAME@@ to function. Either way, I think it needs to shift direction seeing as plane issues often deal with the same problem.

Tinhampton
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Anarchy

Postby Tinhampton » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:21 pm

Minskiev wrote:[people] lost their lives in a plane crash, due to a cut corner in the plane production process by the private company, @@DENONYM@@ Airlines, to reduce expenses

What "cut corner?" We already have one issue (#324) centred around some mystery fuckup that causes huge embarrassment to your government.

This sounds like it should be an issue about engineering/construction standards by plane manufacturing companies, not how much government regulation should be applied to the airlines that buy those planes.
Author: SC#250, SC#251, SC#267, GA#484
Joint author: Issue #1115 (with Turbeaux)
Co-author: GA#491 (by The Greater Soviet North America)
New recipe - now contains 4.9g of sugar per 100ml
RiderSyl wrote:If an enchantress made it so one raid could bring about world peace, Unibot would ask raiders to just sign a petition instead.

Minskiev
Chargé d'Affaires

New York Times Democracy

Postby Minskiev » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:31 pm

Alright, I will edit the issue to be less airline based and more aircraft manufacturing based. Also, what do you mean by PR? It’s past midnight, so I hope you understand.

New title, new draft!
Last edited by Minskiev on Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ascension - Voion

Tinhampton
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Anarchy

Postby Tinhampton » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:55 pm

Minskiev wrote:what do you mean by PR? It’s past midnight, so I hope you understand.

Public relations. "Planefully" is supposed to be a corruption of some word, but I don't know which one.

RE validity: is there a difference between "doesn't have No Planes," "must not have no planes," and "must have planes?"
Last edited by Tinhampton on Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Author: SC#250, SC#251, SC#267, GA#484
Joint author: Issue #1115 (with Turbeaux)
Co-author: GA#491 (by The Greater Soviet North America)
New recipe - now contains 4.9g of sugar per 100ml
RiderSyl wrote:If an enchantress made it so one raid could bring about world peace, Unibot would ask raiders to just sign a petition instead.

Westinor
Envoy

New York Times Democracy

Postby Westinor » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:27 pm

Minskiev wrote:Alright, I will edit the issue to be less airline based and more aircraft manufacturing based. Also, what do you mean by PR? It’s past midnight, so I hope you understand.

New title, new draft!

Like your new title! PR = public relations. Also, I don't quite understand your current iteration of option 4. Are planes funded by the government? If so, shouldn't there be some sort of business subsidization requirement, and the effect line of that option should relate in some way to the implementation of senior welfare (which sounds like it's just social security).

Minskiev
Chargé d'Affaires

New York Times Democracy

Postby Minskiev » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:44 am

Oh, didn’t realize subsidizing requirements were a thing. I’ll get onto that, once I find proper formatting for it. Or, you could just tell me. The last change will go in.

Tinhampton wrote:
Minskiev wrote:what do you mean by PR? It’s past midnight, so I hope you understand.

Public relations. "Planefully" is supposed to be a corruption of some word, but I don't know which one.

RE validity: is there a difference between "doesn't have No Planes," "must not have no planes," and "must have planes?"

I think you’re looking for painfully ;D

Also, since ‘No Planes’ is a policy, but ‘Planes’ isn’t, I figured mentioning the policy would be better. But grammatically, no, they all mean the same thing.
Last edited by Minskiev on Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ascension - Voion

Minskiev
Chargé d'Affaires

New York Times Democracy

Postby Minskiev » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:16 pm

Not sure if double posting on my thread is something I should be worried about, but I’m thinking of making a version for quality, PR, and security. I’d like you all to tell me which version you like best, if you will. Thanks!
Ascension - Voion

Westinor
Envoy

New York Times Democracy

Postby Westinor » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:55 pm

Minskiev wrote:Not sure if double posting on my thread is something I should be worried about, but I’m thinking of making a version for quality, PR, and security. I’d like you all to tell me which version you like best, if you will. Thanks!

I wouldn't worry about it, but that's just me. I think quality can be mixed in to the idea of manufacturing, whereas PR and security sort of fit in on their own terms.

Minskiev
Chargé d'Affaires

New York Times Democracy

Postby Minskiev » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:54 am

Alright, first option to reach 5 votes is picked. Vote now!
Ascension - Voion

Minskiev
Chargé d'Affaires

New York Times Democracy

Postby Minskiev » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:27 pm

/bump?
Ascension - Voion

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?