NATION

PASSWORD

Any way to identify what causes a policy change?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Zornwil
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Any way to identify what causes a policy change?

Postby Zornwil » Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:23 pm

Is there any way to identify what issue caused a policy to change? My "No Dissent" policy was canceled and I cannot figure out a relationship to any issue. The immediately prior issue, an hour before the policy cancellation, had been dismissed, prior issues don't appear obviously linked.

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:34 pm

No Dissent is a pseudo-policy, so it can be removed by a large number of issues that raise political freedoms. In your case:
#642 3. "What have the schools been teaching my son?" yells angry mother @@RANDOMFEMALENAME@@ as she drags her spotty teenage sprog into your office. As your guards attempt to remove her, she employs some impressive ju-jitsu to send them flying. "He has turned into an obsessed robot, with more respect for @@LEADER@@ than for his own parents! I will not let my son join an organisation for brainwashed punks! I will not let you do this to anybody's children! We, the people, say no to state-directed youth organisations!"
This person certainly sounds like she's dissenting with the government.

Zornwil
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Zornwil » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:18 pm

Thanks; but how would I find out, particularly given the time gap?

Zornwil
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Zornwil » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:23 pm

PS - I just realized I could see the "Activity' log - this coincidentally so seemingly causally occurred at the same time as the policy cancelalation, 1 day, 7 hours ago, "Following new legislation in Zornwil, cub scouts are being asked to hand in their woggles as the state withdraws funding for scouting." (As usual, a fairly nonsensical or non-explained relationship one can guess at but should be spelled out to be any fun or interesting.)

So never mind, I see it. Wish these things were in one place.

Free Ravensburg
Senator

Founded: Jun 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Ravensburg » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:25 pm

look for exploited loopholes
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA Times
INT:| Canada "Gives Up" on Hiding Aliens and UFOs/ NAT:| Ravenian Astronauts That Went on the EELOO Mission Report Seeing a Mass of "Squidlike Handlike Starships"
Borb with an NS account and a crippling addiction passion to JoJo that Lives in the F7 Servers | TG’s are not for JoJo Stuff | Current Global Mood: I-is that a… | NSStats Accused of Treason to the Republic | Copper Plasma > Lasers

Wizlandia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 18, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Wizlandia » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:25 pm

光复香港,时代革命。
Constitution of Wizlandia
Wizlandia Political Parties
Pro: Classical Liberalism, Market Economy, Civil Liberties, Free Speech, Immigration, LGBT Equality, Religious Liberty, School Choice, Carbon Pricing, Free Trade, Peace Through Strength, U.S., NATO, Ukraine, Israel, Taiwan, Supreme Court of the United States
Anti: Leftism, Nationalism, Islamic Fundamentalism, Anti-Semitism, Isolationism, Eurofederalism, MAGA Movement, American Progressivism, Affirmative Action/DEI/CRT/Grievance Studies, Xi, Putin, Ali Khamenei, Maduro, Hamas

Zornwil
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Zornwil » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:34 pm

Thanks.

Re exploited loopholes above, a broken aspect is that if one has a state with "no dissent" and "zero crime," in theory the issue presented is in that context, not in the context of being dissent by having happened but having been allowed somehow.

Although really I don't care about the results so much as the way the system provides no explanation for them; I can normally, and in this case as well, infer why the issue resolution leads to the particular result, but it would be more amusing and/or interesting were there an explanation ("the lack of enforced state regimen on children produces a new dissenting generation" or "the example of the woman's defiance has emboldened society and dissent now swells as others demand new policies without bothering to go through proper routes."

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical