NATION

PASSWORD

[SUBMITTED] We're Gonna Tax 'em a Little More?

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
New Jakobly
Attaché

Founded: May 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

[SUBMITTED] We're Gonna Tax 'em a Little More?

Postby New Jakobly » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:31 am

We're Gonna Tax 'em a Little More?

Validity: For capitalist nations and nations with low to medium Taxation Rates.

Desc: A new problem has plagued @@NATION@@. Many citizens have accused the government of cutting tax rates to the rich, and some want an answer.

Option 1: "@@LEADER@@, you need to do something," asks key equality activist @@RANDOMNAME@@. "I ask that you propose that we should tax people based on their income, like a progressive tax. That way, no person can unfairly start a business and gain many @@CURRENCYPLURAL@@. No more rich people! Justice to the less fortunate!"

Result: The richest people like Beff Jezos are facing higher taxes because they have more money than a poor @@RANDOMNAME@@.

Option 2: An economist named @@RANDOMNAME@@ comes into your room. "I have an idea! Let's just not listen to these leftist bozos that want to destroy our capitalist way of life which is so prosperous. Keep the system the same way it is! No need for more taxes because you have more money than someone. It's not their faults.

Result: The rich are seen enjoying their virtually tax-free lives.

Option 3: "That goes nowhere as far as you need," states well-known celebrity @@RANDOMNAME@@. "You know what we need? We need to abolish taxes. Let's give the government less control of our economy, and have them spend less. The private sector will be much better at handling the things that the government has been proven incompetent at funding.

Result: Nearly every fund is unable to be controlled by the government, causing corporations to establish national control over @@NATION@@.

Validity: Not for nations with a large black market.

Option 4: "This does raise a good question," explains motivational speaker @@RANDOMNAME@@. "Instead of abolishing taxes or raising them for a certain group, we should raise taxes on everyone! The more money we get from the citizens, the stronger spending we will have. It doesn't matter what they think, they live on our soil."

Result: More people are finding themselves with less money because the government "needs their money".

I am open to suggestions, and this will be submitted for the issues contest if I do ever submit it.
Last edited by New Jakobly on Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fell, Rebirthed, Rebranded
New Jakobly

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:24 pm

The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:35 pm

"Cutting tax rates to the rich" is very vague
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:06 am

Good Luck
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Return to Got Issues?