NATION

PASSWORD

[Question] Can Current Events be addressed in a Sig?

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Roma and Italia
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

[Question] Can Current Events be addressed in a Sig?

Postby Roma and Italia » Sun May 31, 2020 9:25 pm

I was wondering, but how kosher would it be to have in your sig something about a current political situation? My nation takes place in the current year with multiple real world events happening, and I was wondering if it would be acceptable if it addressed things that currently happen around the world. Especially if it would affect my countries relation to them, I just wanna ask because I don't wanna just go ahead and put something in my news reel if it isn't allowed.
Nation InformationWars Fought Since the 1800'sRoman CommonwealthInteresting Facts
News: Relations with the Trump administration have broken down, Emperor Tiberius has issued a decree for the return of the Imperial standard first gifted to the United States in 1781, retracting his prior recognition of the Presidents legitimacy. | Marcia Nero is awarded the honorific Covidus by the Senate, for her unflinching dedication to the Res Publica, and her "defeat" of the Covid-19 pandemic, which has now become rare in the Empire.

Harmonic Empire
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Corporate Police State

Postby Harmonic Empire » Sun May 31, 2020 10:06 pm

Anything is allowed
as long it doesnt contain extremely sensitive contents.
| ♛ | HARMONIKSA RIKKEN | UNTEMAR | ♛ |
Story of Codex Ylvus will be rewritten and new story will be based on the War in Heaven.
Ase's Book - Eros's Book
Please be sure to check Terra Britania's works! | Someone awakaned me from my long stasis. | Up for a challenge? Just contact me.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Sun May 31, 2020 11:17 pm

Roma and Italia wrote:something about a current political situation?

Too vague to answer. If you want a response, you need to be more specific. It's very easy to get into a trolling or baiting situation when discussing current events ... and sigs can't really be discussed. We tend to be stricter on things like sigs and mottoes where there's no way to comment.

Harmonic Empire wrote:Anything is allowed
as long it doesnt contain extremely sensitive contents.

Funny, I don't see "Moderator" anywhere on your profile. I'm pretty sure that means you can't make broad sweeping statements with any kind of authority.

Godular
Forum Moderator

Founded: Sep 09, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:32 am

You know, this brings up a secondary question...

So, suppose somebody does like the OP and uses their sig to talk about IC nation news using actual current events, and they have an IC coronavirus conspiracy theory going on... would that cause an issue?
Now the moderation team really IS Godmoding.
Step 1: One-Stop Rules Shop. Step 2: ctrl+f. Step 3: Type in what you saw in modbox. Step 4: Don't do it again.
New to F7? Click here!

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:23 am

We don't rule on hypotheticals. Depends on content and context.

Roma and Italia
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Roma and Italia » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:15 pm

I wanted to address the current happenings with the riots n my country through news in my sig, and eventually with stuff in my factbooks. Especially because my country has strong historic ties to the US and because foreign news have been harassed by the police, it would no doubt affect reporters from my country.

I do feel that current events would be relevant to my country, but I understand that it's a tense current issue thats highly charged.

And thats why I wanted to ask if it was kosher.
Nation InformationWars Fought Since the 1800'sRoman CommonwealthInteresting Facts
News: Relations with the Trump administration have broken down, Emperor Tiberius has issued a decree for the return of the Imperial standard first gifted to the United States in 1781, retracting his prior recognition of the Presidents legitimacy. | Marcia Nero is awarded the honorific Covidus by the Senate, for her unflinching dedication to the Res Publica, and her "defeat" of the Covid-19 pandemic, which has now become rare in the Empire.

Return to Moderation