NATION

PASSWORD

[REPORT] Flaming/Trolling in Would you vote for Biden thread

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

[REPORT] Flaming/Trolling in Would you vote for Biden thread

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sun May 31, 2020 3:07 am

Nazis in Space wrote:
Alcala-Cordel wrote:I will never support anything other than leftist reform, and the Democrats blew their chance at Sanders

I mean, sure. But I'd advise you to be prepared for a lifetime of disappointment if you're unwilling to settle for incremental change.

The 'Leftist Reform' you want has support in the ~ 3% range (percentage of the population that voted for Sanders in the primariess). This ain't winning elections as demonstrated by Sanders, well, losing the primaries.

The reforms you want don't have popular support. The only way to get them is to eliminate the democratic process (which, admittedly, is something the Sandernistas seem fond of doing, what with them trying to fuck around with superdelegates in 2016, and likewise wishing for something like that now, coincidentally invalidating the ~ 90% of the black vote that went to Biden). Your choices are either some change in the direction you want, or no changes in the direction you want and quite possible changes in the opposite direction.

This is, incidentally, something the supporters of Warren, Buttigieg or Klobuchar understand. Only supporters of one candidate don't understand this. Coincidentally, it's supporters of a candidate who have termed the sole more left-wing candidate than their own (Warren) a traitor and a snake.

Warren does, coincidentally, actually have a respectable track record in the Senate, while, if we were to take a look at Sanders' track record...

... well...

... why exactly do you believe that Sanders would bring change? He has the highest absentee rate in the Senate, his legislative track record is utterly pathetic relative to Warren and Biden alike, he voted against progressive legislation that was supported by Biden (CHIP comes to mind; and then there's fun like his fundraising gig keeping him from casting the decisive vote to eliminate the patriot act. Convenient, that. Don't have to vote nay if you're simply not around), he refuses to compromise with farther right democrats, rendering him a lame duck.

The President isn't a wizard. If Senate/Congress say 'No', he ain't getting shit done. Electing Sanders would change literally nothing because he can't actually pass anything.

Unless one were to propose eliminating the Senate/Congress as obstacles of the revolution. But y'know. You can try to do that without getting someone elected first, too.

And all of this together - Sanders' pathetic track record of getting nothing done, the Sandernistas' rejection of a candidate with a practically identical program as a traitor and neoconservative snake, the flat-out desire to to eliminate democracy in favour of installing their favoured candidate - is the reason why I don't believe for a second that you, or any other Sandernista, actually has a progressive agenda (targeted at benefitting young white men above all others, as those dearies are clearly most in need of our help. And if the blacks and women that overwhelmingly voted for other candidates can't see that, well, we'll have to ignore the votes of these low information voters, don't we? All for the progressive cause, of course).

You're following your Messiah. You're beyond reason, a cult. You're ready to see the world burn, as long as it's other people's neighbourhoods.

Mind, I do agree that the Democrats blew their chance.

Biden's being way too reconciliatory towards the Sandernistas. His outstreched hand keeps being rejected. The Sandernistas continue their firebrand rhetoric, make it blatantly obvious that they reject democracy in favour of Sanders.

These people shouldn't be, cannot be woo'd. They know no reason, no limits, they just plain don't get politics as the art of the possible, the attainable, the art of the next best. They cannot be worked with, therefore they shouldn't be worked with.

They need to be excised like the cancer they are.
I think likening Sanders supporters to being a Cancer constitutes as flaming or trolling. As well as saying they are a cult and beyond reasoning.

If not no worries but to me it seems to definitely be going over the line.
Last edited by The Huskar Social Union on Sun May 31, 2020 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Audioslavia
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Audioslavia » Sun May 31, 2020 6:44 am

I think the cancer line and the line about wanting other neighbourhoods to burn are in poor taste, especially the latter in the current climate. I'd put them closer to baiting rather than flaming or trolling, but I don't think either comment pushes the post into bad-faith territory.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sun May 31, 2020 6:54 am

Audioslavia wrote:I think the cancer line and the line about wanting other neighbourhoods to burn are in poor taste, especially the latter in the current climate. I'd put them closer to baiting rather than flaming or trolling, but I don't think either comment pushes the post into bad-faith territory.

No worries. Thanks.

edit: Actually i would like to request a second opinion if you dont mind.
Last edited by The Huskar Social Union on Sun May 31, 2020 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Audioslavia
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Audioslavia » Sun May 31, 2020 7:10 am

Sure. I'll flag down another mod.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sun May 31, 2020 7:12 am

Audioslavia wrote:Sure. I'll flag down another mod.

Cheers

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Sun May 31, 2020 7:42 am

I read the posts over several times and I agree with Audio that they are borderline but given context and wording, just below the line of ruling-breaking. With that said, I did loom: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=484413&p=37206291#p37206291
One Stop Rules Shop
Getting Help Request (GHR)

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sun May 31, 2020 7:43 am

Jakker wrote:I read the posts over several times and I agree with Audio that they are borderline but given context and wording, just below the line of ruling-breaking. With that said, I did loom: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=484413&p=37206291#p37206291

Thats grand, cheers both of you.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation