NATION

PASSWORD

Increased Sports Drug Testing

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Solarampa
Envoy

Founded: Apr 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Increased Sports Drug Testing

Postby Solarampa » Thu May 28, 2020 2:06 pm

The General Assembly,

APPALLED at the rampant performance-enhancing drugs (PED) drug usage in many sport-playing countries

SUPRISED that countries let the usage of PED's go by without punishment to the players

FRIGHTENED at how some countries encourage their players to take PED's before regional and international tournaments

DISGUSTSED at how there are only small amounts of PED's banned at international competitions

HEREBY, the following articles will reduce and rid the amounts of PED's that are used

Article 1. The following drugs will be illegal in any competition that is regional and international and harsh punishment will be given to the players found with any traces of the PED's in their system

a 1. Anabolic Steroids.
a 2.erythropoietin (EPO) a blood cell increase drug
a 3. beta- blockers
a 4. stimulants
a 5. diuretics

The are exceptions for the athletes who have conditions that need the use of PED's. They just have to tell us that they use PED's for medical reasons and they are fine.

These drugs are the most used in regional and international competitions and even thoguh efforts have been made they have failed to stop it, they have not worked

Article 2. Drug tests will be given before, in the middle, and after the game to see if any traces of PED's are found

b 1.Between 20-30 minutes before the game players will be tested one by one. If PED's are found they will sit out for the rest of the game and the country decides the punishment for the player.
b 2. At halftime players will be tested again right after they leave the field. If PED's are found the are out for the game and the country decides the punishment
b 3. Testing will also commence at the end of game. Any PED's found will have the player miss out the next game, and the country will decide punishment
b 4. Since it will be hard to test in the middle of the games any countries that want to volunteer to create the labs that is fine

Article 3. There will be more tests for even more PED's, even the ones that aren't as tested as much.

c 1. Tests for less known, thoguh still as effective, PED's will be created to slow the usage of the drugs

These laws that could be enacted will reduce and rid of the insane amount of drug usage across the world.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Thu May 28, 2020 2:18 pm

The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Fri May 29, 2020 8:46 pm

OOC: Category and strength/AoE?

IC: "Why is this an international issue? Why does purity matter in sports in the foreign nations? And why only certain kinds of drugs are banned, but not all of them, like caffeine or alcohol?"
Last edited by Araraukar on Fri May 29, 2020 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Slackertown
Attaché

Founded: Dec 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Slackertown » Sat May 30, 2020 11:07 am

I don't think the WA needs to concern itself with games. The actual impact on people's lives is minimal.

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Sat May 30, 2020 12:51 pm

At halftime players will be tested again right after they leave the field. If PED's are found the are out for the game and the country decides the punishment

I guess we stop the 100m dash at the 50m point and line the runners up for testing?
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Solarampa
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Solarampa » Sat May 30, 2020 1:00 pm

Grays Harbor wrote:
At halftime players will be tested again right after they leave the field. If PED's are found the are out for the game and the country decides the punishment

I guess we stop the 100m dash at the 50m point and line the runners up for testing?

I am legit dumb. I need to specify for sports like soccer, American football, and etc. Testing for dashes we would test only at the beginning. I need to rewrite this

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Sat May 30, 2020 3:02 pm

Solarampa wrote:
Grays Harbor wrote:I guess we stop the 100m dash at the 50m point and line the runners up for testing?

I am legit dumb. I need to specify for sports like soccer, American football, and etc. Testing for dashes we would test only at the beginning. I need to rewrite this

This is why one-size-fits-all *Always* turns into one-size-fits-nobody.
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Northwest Kalactin
Minister

Founded: Aug 17, 2017
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Northwest Kalactin » Sat May 30, 2020 3:08 pm

A large reason why this makes no sense is because in RL it often takes days for people to get drug testing results for athletes. They have to test for such a large number of PEDs. A nation at a tech level equivalent to the world right now would waste a huge number of tests trying to test an athlete multiple times a game.

EDIT: this also has a very minimal effect, was I surprised when A-Rod was suspended for a large number of games, yes. But it took little to no effect on my life.
Last edited by Northwest Kalactin on Sat May 30, 2020 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AO Lacrosse Invitational 2 Champions
World Twenty20 Championship X Champion
Cup of Harmony 78 Host
RP population: 23 million
AOHC 7
All India Cup 1
MAC 5&6
Gold Coast Basketball Tournament 1
World Lacrosse Championships XXXV
NSCF Mineral Conference
Coffs 7’s I

I don’t use NS stats
Kalactinator 1.00

Solarampa
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Solarampa » Sat May 30, 2020 3:26 pm

I am going to not put this in the Genre Assembly. Too many loopholes and stuff that can’t work

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Sun May 31, 2020 1:34 am

Solarampa wrote:I am going to not put this in the Genre Assembly. Too many loopholes and stuff that can’t work

Please mark your [ABANDONED] proposals accordingly. I can still see a future for anti-doping legislation in the GA, just not this prescriptive.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Sun May 31, 2020 1:45 am

Solarampa wrote:I am going to not put this in the Genre Assembly. Too many loopholes and stuff that can’t work

OOC: Realizing and admitting that is rarer than you think. Hang around, you have potential. :lol:
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Solarampa
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Solarampa » Sun May 31, 2020 10:24 am

Araraukar wrote:

OOC: Realizing and admitting that is rarer than you think. Hang around, you have potential. :lol:

Thank you. I will start reading up on how to make a proposal and then after maybe a month, I will start again

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Sun May 31, 2020 4:03 pm

Solarampa wrote:I will start reading up on how to make a proposal and then after maybe a month, I will start again

OOC: I suggest you partake other people's drafting threads here on the forum, reading the feedback given and if old drafts are saved in the thread, reading them too, to understand how proposals evolve. In the passed resolutions thread, on the post of each of the resolutions, there is also a link to its original thread. The older debates might no longer be exactly applicable (the proposal rules themselves have changed over time), but they might still be interesting.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly