NATION

PASSWORD

Covid-19 based issues

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Notaz
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Covid-19 based issues

Postby Notaz » Wed May 27, 2020 4:22 pm

I have sent in a covid-19 issue twice. The first time I never got a telegram and just now I sent for the second time. i was wondering if it was against the rules to send in a covid-19 based issue.
Last edited by Notaz on Thu May 28, 2020 11:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

Honeydewistania
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Wed May 27, 2020 6:03 pm

It depends. If you deliberately mentioned COVID-19, it won’t count. Issues processing usually takes a month. And anyways if you submitted to the contest, it would be discarded.
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Alger wrote:if you have egoquotes in your signature, touch grass

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Wed May 27, 2020 6:05 pm

Pandemic-related issues - regardless of their structure or substance - will not be accepted, at least not until the publication of the relevant issue chain, scheduled for some time next year.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Wed May 27, 2020 9:42 pm

At this time, you're not supposed to write pandemic related issues, but ignoring that for a minute:

How long ago did you send the issue in? Keep in mind that it could sit on the editing table for months or even before it's published into the game. If you sent the issue in in Feburary, there's a pretty good chance that the editors have seen it, anything after that, and it might not have not yet been seen by the editors.
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Wed May 27, 2020 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Wed May 27, 2020 9:59 pm

We are not accepting any pandemic related issues at this time. Please do not write or submit any issues on pandemic related topics.

And, for the record -- while different editors have different interests and, due to RL commitments, work at different times (so it can take several months or longer for accepted issues to be published) -- we check new submissions on a very regular basis.
Last edited by The Free Joy State on Wed May 27, 2020 10:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

My nation does not represent my beliefs or politics.

Notaz
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Notaz » Thu May 28, 2020 11:06 am

The Free Joy State wrote:We are not accepting any pandemic related issues at this time. Please do not write or submit any issues on pandemic related topics.

And, for the record -- while different editors have different interests and, due to RL commitments, work at different times (so it can take several months or longer for accepted issues to be published) -- we check new submissions on a very regular basis.

but the thing is, I got a Covid-19 based issue in my issues tab. I don't remember if it was on my puppet or main. Will my issue not be accepted because I used the term "Covid-19" or is it because you guys didn't like my issue?
Last edited by Notaz on Thu May 28, 2020 11:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

Jutsa
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 06, 2015
Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Thu May 28, 2020 7:29 pm

Was this the issue you recieved? I got this recently myself, funnily enough.
That one was actually published back in March - of 2018. So, no, it's not exactly covid-19 related. (rather more like SARS or MERS or ebola or something).

Similarly, there's also this issue, which has to do with brushmeat.
In fact, this was drafted long before coronavirus, but because it wasn't published until after the spread, a reference was thrown in there.
(simply put, this was an irl issue long before covid-19 specifically.)

Long story short: There only kinda are covid-19-ish issues, but nothing actually covid-19 related. And, funnily enough, if there were any,
then the overlap between issues would in of itself be a reason why your drafts would be discarded. But I'm pretty sure that's not the case. :P

I hope I don't come across as speaking for editors — I'm not, just stating the following based off of my own recollections
— but last I recall during the wave of issue drafts about hurricanes Irma and Harvey* (which weren't necessary due to the plethora of both disaster and storm-related drafts),
something was said about how it's best not to write about times of crisis due to their still-delicate nature, people trying to take their minds off of them,
people still having strong beliefs over what should or shouldn't've been done, misinformation left right and diagonal, etc.

In due time, of course (and in this case, I think a professional chain is being made for some time in the future), but for now,
even the contest rules specifically state that anything is allowed, except covid-19 issues, presumably for those reasons.
I think the same applies for non-contest submissions. :P

*btw did anyone even really ever even draft about Maria, Dorian, or any of the far worse Pacific/Indian/African typhoons? Cause I don't recall

ed: Not to get you discouraged, do feel free to try drafting something else (and ideally on-forum, helps your chances a lot of you open yourself to constructive criticism before submitting; the bar for acceptance is kinda high)
And besides, sometimes it takes a while for an issue to be published. (In some extreme cases, over a year.)
Best thing to do in the meanwhile is forget about what'd been submitted and keep drafting new ideas. :)
Last edited by Jutsa on Thu May 28, 2020 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You're welcome to telegram me any questions you have of the game. Unless I've CTE'd (ceased to exist) - then you physically can't do that.

Helpful* Got Issues? Links (Not Pinned In Forum) *mostly: >List of Issue-Related Lists | >Personal List of Issue Ideas | >List of Known Missing Issues/Options |
>Trotterdam's Issue Results/Policies Tracker | >Val's Bonus Stats | >Fauzjhia's Easter Egg Guide | >My Joke Drafts List | >Sherp's Author Rankings

Other Nifty Links: >Best-Ranked Useful Dispatches | >NSindex | >IA's WA Proposal Office | >Major Discord Links | >Trivia | >Cards Against NS | >Polls

"Remember, licking doorknobs is perfectly legal on other planets." - Ja Luıñaí

Honeydewistania
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Thu May 28, 2020 7:32 pm

Notaz wrote:
The Free Joy State wrote:We are not accepting any pandemic related issues at this time. Please do not write or submit any issues on pandemic related topics.

but the thing is, I got a Covid-19 based issue in my issues tab. I don't remember if it was on my puppet or main. Will my issue not be accepted because I used the term "Covid-19" or is it because you guys didn't like my issue?

The term Covid-19 would be instant rejection I think, especially if you submitted in the last month or so.

And it’s perhaps the latter as well, since you didn’t draft on the forum.
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Alger wrote:if you have egoquotes in your signature, touch grass

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Thu May 28, 2020 8:27 pm

Notaz wrote:

We have not removed previously published pandemic related issues from circulation. Both mentioned by Jutsa pre-exist the current pandemic, and IEs are not gifted with the ability to see the future when we join the team. Though, we understand if players choose to dismiss them at this current, distressing time for the world.

There is a current and total moratorium on all new pandemic related issues, as explained in our most recent update by Issues Moderator Sedgistan:
Sedgistan wrote:
  • I'll cover this one off quickly - we're not accepting any Coronavirus/Pandemic related issues for the time being. Please don't submit them. There is likely to be a chain based off it in the future, but that's next year at the soonest once things have returned to normality. Now is not the time.

Please do not send us any pandemic related issues, thank you.
Last edited by The Free Joy State on Thu May 28, 2020 8:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

My nation does not represent my beliefs or politics.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?