NATION

PASSWORD

Red Badge of Courage: An American Civil War RP(IC)(Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Barfleur
GA Secretariat

Founded: Mar 04, 2019
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Barfleur » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:23 pm

Stalins backhair wrote:Bale listened to the officers as they rolled the guns along. He gulped. He wasnt looking forward to another bloodbath. The Union column looked haggard but the victory had boosted the morale of the defeat-stricken Army of the Potomac. He looked at Norton, wondering how he would pan out. Artillery captaining was an art form, a very, very macabre art form but still an art form. Not all men had the stomach for it, he hoped the new captain would.

There are few jobs more hellish than that of an artillery commander. Captain Finnegan leads a battery of brave men, sworn to uphold the Constitution and preserve the Union, and he hates to see them fall. But in the heat of battle, it is the artillery that often bears the brunt of the enemy’s fury, as it is tactically advantageous to rid the opposing force of their heavy guns. Furthermore, Finnegan shudders to think of how his hearing has deteriorated after years spent tending to cannons and their handlers.
Ambassador to the World Assembly: Edmure Norfield
Military Attaché: Colonel Lyndon Q. Ralston
Author, GA#597, GA#605, GA#609, GA#668, and GA#685.
Co-author, GA#534.
The Barfleurian World Assembly Mission may be found at Suite 59, South-West Building, WAHQ.

Bolslania
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bolslania » Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:36 pm

It is now September 16th Ie. The day before the Battle of Antietam

Hargrave looked across the river at the confederate camp. They had stopped for the day, neither army wanting to fight at night. He saw a man standing on the opposite bank. The man took off his hat and did a sweeping gesture, Hargrave returned the gesture. With the officers, it was rarely a personal business, men like Hargrave had chosen their country, while the man on the bank of the river had chosen his state.

American Pere Housh
Senator

Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:53 pm

Bolslania wrote:It is now September 16th Ie. The day before the Battle of Antietam

Hargrave looked across the river at the confederate camp. They had stopped for the day, neither army wanting to fight at night. He saw a man standing on the opposite bank. The man took off his hat and did a sweeping gesture, Hargrave returned the gesture. With the officers, it was rarely a personal business, men like Hargrave had chosen their country, while the man on the bank of the river had chosen his state.

Sergeant Johnson walked over to stand beside his lieutenant with rifle in hand when he saw the Rebel officer across the river so he glared at him, "Sir, my men are as ready they can be. Think we can win tomorrow, sir?"
Government Type: Militaristic Republic
Leader: President Alexander Jones
Prime Minister: Isabella Stuart-Jones
Secretary of Defense: Hitomi Izumi
Secretary of State: Eliza 'Vanny' Cortez
Time: 2023
Population: MT-450 million
Territory: All of North America, The Islands of the Caribbean and the Philippines

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:55 pm

American Pere Housh wrote:
Bolslania wrote:It is now September 16th Ie. The day before the Battle of Antietam

Sergeant Johnson walked over to stand beside his lieutenant with rifle in hand when he saw the Rebel officer across the river so he glared at him, "Sir, my men are as ready they can be. Think we can win tomorrow, sir?"

"If we can get over fast and form up quick I think we can." Hargrave replied speculatively. He eyed the enemy camp, it looked to be somewhat smaller.

"By numbers alone anyway."

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 10, 2018
Corporate Police State

Postby Romextly » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:01 pm

I woke up and saw I was in a tent. I had bandages on me and my torso hurt, but I could move.
"Hey! You should stay there!"
"I need to get to my company." I went on a wagon of reinforcements to the battlefield. I finally came to my company. Ah, it's good to be home.

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:31 pm

Hargrave saw Hakor come out of the tent

"Hey Hakor! Good to see your still breathing. Sadly the same can't be said for Green."

Barfleur
GA Secretariat

Founded: Mar 04, 2019
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Barfleur » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:31 am

Bolslania wrote:Hargrave saw Hakor come out of the tent

"Hey Hakor! Good to see your still breathing. Sadly the same can't be said for Green."

Captain Finnegan enters Hargrave's tent.

"I see your unit's taken quite a couple casualties. We can second a medic, I you need. Our casualties are pretty low right now."
Ambassador to the World Assembly: Edmure Norfield
Military Attaché: Colonel Lyndon Q. Ralston
Author, GA#597, GA#605, GA#609, GA#668, and GA#685.
Co-author, GA#534.
The Barfleurian World Assembly Mission may be found at Suite 59, South-West Building, WAHQ.

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:48 pm

Barfleur wrote:
Bolslania wrote:Hargrave saw Hakor come out of the tent

Captain Finnegan enters Hargrave's tent.

"I see your unit's taken quite a couple casualties. We can second a medic, I you need. Our casualties are pretty low right now."

Hargarve looked up at Finnegan

"That would be very appreciated Captain. It's going to be bloody tomorrow.

Hospitiliars
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 26, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Hospitiliars » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:37 am

Cain looked across the river at the Reb forces. He leaned speculatively on his rifle. He saw Hargrave and Finnegan talking, and saluted Hakor as he walked by. Cain had watch duty. It was boring and cold.

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:29 am

Hospitiliars wrote:Cain looked across the river at the Reb forces. He leaned speculatively on his rifle. He saw Hargrave and Finnegan talking, and saluted Hakor as he walked by. Cain had watch duty. It was boring and cold.

Matt Packatre slowly walks up behind him. "I wish for my battery to be actually used in this battle" he murmurs "we can blast the bloody rebs out of here and win the war!"
Behind the free market lies the iron fist of the state - the one thing I learned from The Blaatschapen, excluding how to say sheep in dutch.
Update: apparently it’s bleating sheep.

Hospitiliars
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 26, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Hospitiliars » Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:34 pm

Cain looked at the Officer

"That may be Captain. I don't know if this is a war-winning battle though. Those Rebs are far from beat."

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:45 pm

Hospitiliars wrote:Cain looked at the Officer

"That may be Captain. I don't know if this is a war-winning battle though. Those Rebs are far from beat."

“That May be” stays Matt “they are so damn motivated…”
Behind the free market lies the iron fist of the state - the one thing I learned from The Blaatschapen, excluding how to say sheep in dutch.

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Corporate Police State

Postby Romextly » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:47 pm

I overhear the conversation. "They may get motivated, but we will get victories soon as we have more resources."

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:52 pm

Romextly wrote:I overhear the conversation. "They may get motivated, but we will get victories soon as we have more resources."

“Once we take Richmond they will fall like dominoes!” Says Matt

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Corporate Police State

Postby Romextly » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:54 pm

"Yes but we need Grant in the west to push them back."

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:01 pm

Romextly wrote:"Yes but we need Grant in the west to push them back."

“Blasted inconvenient we don’t have him here’” says Matt

Spaincio
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Spaincio » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:32 pm

Unbeknownst to the the rest of the army, Caibre and 6 of is men were fightig for their lives. The attack with Green had gone bad and Green had died. his squad had fell back. Caibre had sent one of his men to tell the rest of the men their positions in hope of a rescue. They were fighting with their sabres to their last breath.

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:35 am

Spaincio wrote:Unbeknownst to the the rest of the army, Caibre and 6 of is men were fightig for their lives. The attack with Green had gone bad and Green had died. his squad had fell back. Caibre had sent one of his men to tell the rest of the men their positions in hope of a rescue. They were fighting with their sabres to their last breath.

OOC: Spelling, did or dudette.

Somerania
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 24, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Somerania » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:54 am

Jack Harker was afraid, very afraid that he would die a very painful death but he made his choice and he is going to fight for his nation. Harker looked at the night sky thinking he wasn't going to die by some backwater town near a creek, he was going to survive! He decided he should get as much rest as he can before the battle.

Spaincio
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Spaincio » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:41 pm

Caibre was half awake when he heard a frong ribbit. Only, it sounded different. He woke his men.
"Let's go now." They mounted their horses and bursted toward the exit. They sliced through the guards and the extra squad of men helped them escaped. They got off with only a man killed. He then reported to the base and learned his commander was dead.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse