NATION

PASSWORD

[SUBMITTED] Suit Yourself!

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Honeydewistania
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

[SUBMITTED] Suit Yourself!

Postby Honeydewistania » Wed May 20, 2020 7:58 pm

[title] Suit Yourself!

[validity] nudity not allowed, has law enforcement

[desc] A man on a train caused a ruckus today as he boarded the train stark naked. After he was arrested, it was revealed that he was a tourist from Amelathenia, a country infamous for its laws which enforce compulsory nudity.

[option] "This man is a terrorist!" fumes police officer @@RANDOMNAME@@, squeezing a glass of water in his tightly clenched fist. "This man thought he could bring his barbaric culture into our extremely civilised society? Well let's see how he likes to bare it all when we lock him up and throw away the key!" He throws the glass out of the window in anger.
[validity] has prison
[effect] foreigners shower in swimming attire for propriety's sake

[option] "This man is a terrorist!" fumes police officer @@RANDOMNAME@@, squeezing a glass of water in his tightly clenched fist. "This man thought he could bring his barbaric culture into our civilized society? Well he can bare it all all he likes once we deport him and all of his other nude loony friends back to their dirty country!" He throws the glass out of the window in anger.
[validity] no prison
[effect] foreigners shower in swimming attire for propriety's sake

[option] "Please, @@LEADER@@, help me out here!" pleads the man in question, trembling in his orange jumpsuit. "You may think I'm a weirdo, but many Amelathanians like me trigger strong reactions to clothes. Probably. Wearing my suit in the hotel made me go insane! Maybe. Anyways, set up special 'safe zones' for people like me to be nude all we want in your country. It can be away from the rest of society if you want."
[effect] @@DENONYMPLURAL@@ fake Amelathanian passports so they can have an excuse for their public rawness

[option] "None of this would had happened if we just allowed nudism," sighs psychologist @@RANDOMNAME@@. "If we allowed nudism, then maybe @@DENONYMPLURAL@@ wouldn't be so shocked to so see someone in their natural clothes. Nudity isn't crudity!"
[effect] a birthday suit is appropriate for public transport now
Last edited by Honeydewistania on Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:11 am, edited 9 times in total.
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Alger wrote:if you have egoquotes in your signature, touch grass

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Thu May 21, 2020 12:11 am

Why would anyone try to enforce this law in any other country? And why is this the first time this happened? What have embassy staff being doing this whole time?
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Thu May 21, 2020 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Honeydewistania
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Thu May 21, 2020 12:26 am

Australian rePublic wrote:Why would anyone try to enforce this law in any other country? And why is this the first time this happened? What have embassy staff being doing this whole time?

Hmm, right. I shall change that.
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Ko-oren
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ko-oren » Thu May 21, 2020 2:58 am

The options are short and to the point - maybe a little too short. All the words that are in Policies and Ranks are there (Nudism, Prudism), and it uses the words naked and nude (as well as its derivatives) quite a bit. I'd suggest adding a few synonyms.
WCC and WCOH President and NS Sports' only WC, WBC, WB, WCOH, IBC, RUWC, Test Cricket, ODI, and T20 loser!

Trigramme: KOR - Demonym: Ko-orenite - Population: 27.270.096
Map - Regions - Spreadsheets - Domestic Sports Newswires - Factbooks
Champions 1x World Cup - 1x CoH - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 4x World Bowl - 1x IBC - 4x RUWC - 3x RLWC - 2x T20 WC - 1x AODICC - 2x ARWC - 1x FHWC - 1x HWC - 1x Beach Cup
Runners-up 1x World Cup - 3x CAFA - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 3x World Bowl - 1x WCoH - 4x IBC - 2x RUWC - 1x GCF Test Cricket - 1x ODI WT - 2x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x WLC - 1x FHWC
Organisation & Hosting 2x WCC President - 1x WCOH President / 1x BoF - 1x CAFA - 1x World Bowl - 1x WCOH - 2x RUWC - 1x ODI WT - 1x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x ARWC - 1x FHWC - (defunct) IRLCC, BCCC, Champions Bowl

Honeydewistania
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Thu May 21, 2020 3:48 am

Ko-oren wrote:The options are short and to the point - maybe a little too short. All the words that are in Policies and Ranks are there (Nudism, Prudism), and it uses the words naked and nude (as well as its derivatives) quite a bit. I'd suggest adding a few synonyms.

Better?

Ko-oren
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ko-oren » Thu May 21, 2020 4:37 am

Honeydewistania wrote:
Ko-oren wrote:The options are short and to the point - maybe a little too short. All the words that are in Policies and Ranks are there (Nudism, Prudism), and it uses the words naked and nude (as well as its derivatives) quite a bit. I'd suggest adding a few synonyms.

Better?

Better!
WCC and WCOH President and NS Sports' only WC, WBC, WB, WCOH, IBC, RUWC, Test Cricket, ODI, and T20 loser!

Trigramme: KOR - Demonym: Ko-orenite - Population: 27.270.096
Map - Regions - Spreadsheets - Domestic Sports Newswires - Factbooks
Champions 1x World Cup - 1x CoH - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 4x World Bowl - 1x IBC - 4x RUWC - 3x RLWC - 2x T20 WC - 1x AODICC - 2x ARWC - 1x FHWC - 1x HWC - 1x Beach Cup
Runners-up 1x World Cup - 3x CAFA - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 3x World Bowl - 1x WCoH - 4x IBC - 2x RUWC - 1x GCF Test Cricket - 1x ODI WT - 2x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x WLC - 1x FHWC
Organisation & Hosting 2x WCC President - 1x WCOH President / 1x BoF - 1x CAFA - 1x World Bowl - 1x WCOH - 2x RUWC - 1x ODI WT - 1x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x ARWC - 1x FHWC - (defunct) IRLCC, BCCC, Champions Bowl

Honeydewistania
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Sat May 23, 2020 5:46 pm

That moment when u bump

Honeydewistania
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Mon May 25, 2020 7:23 pm

Bump

Pythaga
Envoy

Founded: Mar 31, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Pythaga » Mon May 25, 2020 7:34 pm

[desc] A man on a train caused a ruckus today as he boarded the train fully stark naked. After he was arrested, it was revealed that he was a tourist from Amelathenia, a country infamous for its laws which enforced compulsory nudity.

Fully stark naked says the same thing twice, either remove the fully or the stark.

It should also be "which enforce compulsory nudity." As the law is still in effect you should not be using the past tense of enforce.

[effect] tabloid papers have scandalous pictures of foreign ambassadors showering disrobed

This effect line doesn't make too much sense, are you saying that people normally shower while dressed?

Honeydewistania
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Mon May 25, 2020 7:38 pm

Pythaga wrote:
[desc] A man on a train caused a ruckus today as he boarded the train fully stark naked. After he was arrested, it was revealed that he was a tourist from Amelathenia, a country infamous for its laws which enforced compulsory nudity.

Fully stark naked says the same thing twice, either remove the fully or the stark.

It should also be "which enforce compulsory nudity." As the law is still in effect you should not be using the past tense of enforce.

[effect] tabloid papers have scandalous pictures of foreign ambassadors showering disrobed

This effect line doesn't make too much sense, are you saying that people normally shower while dressed?

It’s meant to be a joke that even if in the shower naked it’s considered scandalous. I’ll take your edits

Pythaga
Envoy

Postby Pythaga » Mon May 25, 2020 7:50 pm

Honeydewistania wrote:It’s meant to be a joke that even if in the shower naked it’s considered scandalous. I’ll take your edits

That makes a lot more sense. The idea is sound, but I'd recommend rewriting the line it to make it clearer.

Honeydewistania
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Mon May 25, 2020 7:54 pm

Pythaga wrote:
Honeydewistania wrote:It’s meant to be a joke that even if in the shower naked it’s considered scandalous. I’ll take your edits

That makes a lot more sense. The idea is sound, but I'd recommend rewriting the line it to make it clearer.

What do you suggest

Pythaga
Envoy

Postby Pythaga » Mon May 25, 2020 8:01 pm

Honeydewistania wrote:
Pythaga wrote:

What do you suggest

Here's a few ideas, take them if you'd like.

"swimming in anything short of a wetsuit is considered scandalous"

"citizens shower in swimming attire for propriety's sake"

Jutsa
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 06, 2015
Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Tue May 26, 2020 8:05 pm

I really do like the idea of the premise. Quite amusing, and reminiscent of my own issue where your ambassadors are naked in front of prudist nations' citizens. :lol:

That said, I'm not entirely sure how I feel about the options, which I'm kinda reading as this:
1) deportation, 2) let foreigners walk your nation naked, 3) enforce prudism, and 4) legalize nudism.

Not saying they're bad, but I'm kinda seeing a slight issue with some of these.
1) Deportation. It's a little extreme, particularly for a first option. And I get, NS is a game meant to emblify extremes,
but I'm worried this might just cause more dismissals than answers.

I agree, "lock him and others like him up" [or "send them back" for non-prison nations] would be a good option, but I think "others like him"
should only apply to tourists going nude, not for people from his nation. And I'd support a full-deportation option, but we've got so many of those that
throwing such an option into a draft with as many options as this one currently has wouldn't be necessary, though in the end it's your draft. :P
(besides that, see option 3; might at least be viable (though hardly necessary) to add a deportation option if another option is removed)

2) let outsiders walk your nation nude. I mean, it seems kinda silly in all honesty, to allow foreigners to be naked while not your own citizens.
It'd be an amusing crazy option, but I think the one you have for 4, "let anyone be nude if they want to be", is a good variant to this.
Instead, I'd have this option request that special nudist camps for special-interest tourists be supported and subsidized by the government. :lol:
(oh, and also give pardons to those who do go streaking on accident or otherwise)

3) Enforce prudism. Not going to lie, but this kinda feels more like a "Hey policy change option" option than a "Hey this is a solution" option.
I mean, in the end, a) it reads way too similar to option 4, and b) it doesn't really do anything about the issue, which is that,
for a nation that nudity is already banned in, what should be done about these tourists that wanna be naked? Make nudity even more frowned upon?
Doesn't really jive well with me. I mean, again, in the end it's your draft, but I'd ditch this option, personally.

4) Legalize nudity. Totally on-board with this one, nothing I would change about it. :lol:

Aside from that, effect lines could use a bit of work, but I am terrible at those myself so I won't say anything more. :P

GL with your draft, and take/leave what you may from my post. :)
You're welcome to telegram me any questions you have of the game. Unless I've CTE'd (ceased to exist) - then you physically can't do that.

Helpful* Got Issues? Links (Not Pinned In Forum) *mostly: >List of Issue-Related Lists | >Personal List of Issue Ideas | >List of Known Missing Issues/Options |
>Trotterdam's Issue Results/Policies Tracker | >Val's Bonus Stats | >Fauzjhia's Easter Egg Guide | >My Joke Drafts List | >Sherp's Author Rankings

Other Nifty Links: >Best-Ranked Useful Dispatches | >NSindex | >IA's WA Proposal Office | >Major Discord Links | >Trivia | >Cards Against NS | >Polls

"Remember, licking doorknobs is perfectly legal on other planets." - Ja Luıñaí

The Cuban Empire
Political Columnist

Founded: May 25, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Cuban Empire » Tue May 26, 2020 8:08 pm

Thank you for the advice, I’d take it

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016

Postby Fauxia » Tue May 26, 2020 8:11 pm

How does this man enter the country in the first place?
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Honeydewistania
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Tue May 26, 2020 8:15 pm

Fauxia wrote:How does this man enter the country in the first place?

I’ll fix that

Honeydewistania
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Tue May 26, 2020 8:22 pm

Draft Two up

Honeydewistania
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Fri May 29, 2020 1:38 am

Any more critiques? Suggestions?

Honeydewistania
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Sun May 31, 2020 9:26 pm

Any last feedback?

Honeydewistania
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:58 am

Extra lass call

Honeydewistania
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:11 am

Submitted

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013

Postby Australian rePublic » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:26 am

Good Luck!
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?