NATION

PASSWORD

LOTF Special Events Thread

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:07 am

Republican National Convention Night 2 Events

8:30 Pledge of Allegiance & National Anthem

8:35 Opening Prayer: Archbishop of Santa Fe

8:37 Introductory Video: Preserving the American Dream
Excerpt: Once again our nation is under threat, the very values that have led our nation to greatness are being questioned. We must not now falter on the path to renewal and Making America Great Again.

8:40 Jonah Prendergast: Governor of West Virginia

8:50 Franklin Graham: CEO of Billy Graham Evangelistic Association
Excerpt: As we come tonight, our country is facing trouble, tens of thousands are in the path of a deadly storm, the economic crisis has gripped millions of hearts with fear, we are divided, we have witnessed injustice, anger and despair have flowed into the streets. We need your help, we need to hear your voice at this crucial hour, We ask that you would unite our hearts, to be one nation under God, for you are our only hope. We declare today our total dependence upon you and our need of repentance as a people.

8:52 Maria Saginowski: Owner of Saginowski Ski Rental
Excerpt: New Hampshire is prospering under a Republican Governor and a Republican President, I was able to raise wages and hire workers thanks to the reforms of Republican leadership in the past 4 years. We can go even further with President Richardson at the helm.

8:57 Dana White: UFC President
Excerpt: Many of you know who I am, what I do, and that I am friends with President Wolf. I spoke at this convention four years ago, and I’m back because I believe we need Nate Richardson to complete my friend Arnold Wolf’s mission of Making America Great Again.

9:00 Christina Mudale: Candidate for Alabama Senate Seat

9:10 Peyton McKinney: Friend of Nate Richardson
Excerpt: After my son was diagnosed with terminal cancer Nate spent time with him every Sunday with him after church. Talking basketball and even bringing him a ball signed by members of the Charlotte Hornets… When Jack passed… Nate didn’t leave our side, and he felt that pain almost as hard as we did.

9:12 Everitt Colbert: Senator from Utah

9:17 Nicholas Sandmann: Cancel Culture
My life changed forever in that one moment. The full war machine of the mainstream media revved up into attack mode. They did so without researching the full video of the incident, without ever investigating Mr. Phillips’ motives, or without ever asking me for my side of the story. And do you know why? Because the truth was not important. Advancing their anti-Christian, anti-conservative, anti-Arnold Wolf narrative was all that mattered. And if advancing their narrative ruined the reputation and future of a teenager from Covington, Kentucky, well, so be it. That would teach him not to wear a MAGA hat.

9:20 Earl Tenson: Representative from Montana

9:25 Leah Hastings: Opioid Survivor
Excerpt: Governor Richardson told me not just that we were going to put more funding and effort on fighting addiction but we were going to finally go after Big Pharma and hold them accountable. The only way we can prevent something like the Opioid Crisis from happening again is if these companies are held accountable… and Richardson is the one to do that.

9:27 Amanda Richardson: Wife of Governor Richardson
Excerpt: What I fell in love with about Nate was his spirit… his commitment… how he throws everything he has at serving the American people and empties the tank every day… And despite it all, no matter how hard he gets hit… he has never lost his fundamental belief in the greatness of the American people.

9:37 3 Doors Down: Musical Performance

9:42 Augusta Merriam: Senator from New Hampshire

9:47 James Riegel: Police Officer
Excerpt: It blows my mind how quickly some of the leadership in this country has forgotten the critical role first responders play in our society. Police departments, and other law enforcement, and even some fire departments, have faced opposition from many in this country. But they are always the people who are asked to step up when things are at their worst and put themselves at risk.

9:50 Suzette Seidel: Candidate for Governor of Missouri

10:00 Daniela Wright: Owner of Quick Cuts
Except: I supported Black Lives Matter, I donated money to the Clifford campaign in ‘16… None of that mattered to the mob that burned down my store while Democratic politicians stood by. In 2020 the only party that will stand for law and order… against the mob and violence… is the Republican party.

10:02 Howard Frankston: Senator from Texas

10:12 Manuel Lopez: Why I left California
Excerpt: I left Mexico three decades ago to become an American citizens because of the crime, the poor economy, and the utter disregard for the safety and security of the people. Last year I left California for the same reason. The one party rule of the Democratic Party in California has devastated the state and made it almost impossible to live a middle class existence or get ahead unless you’re part of the Hollywood or Silicon Valley Elite.

10:14 Richardson Biographical Video
Excerpt: Governor Richardson led his state out of the recession and boldly into recovery. Under his leadership it became the fastest growing economy in the nation, as President Nate wants to bring that recovery to the whole country.

10:20 Crawford Clay: Candidate for Texas Senate

10:35 Closing

10:40 Highlights & Recap
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:08 am

"Cancel Culture" by Donald Pauer
Delivered on night one of the Republican National Convention
Iron Don Pauer mounted the stage with aplomb, a born showman. This was his biggest and most important appearance to date, and perhaps ever, but he planned to bring the same jocular enthusiasm that had made his radio show so popular to the floor of the RNC.

"Good evening, America!" he greeted over the applause, pumping his fist in the air energetically. "What an honor it is to be speaking at the Republican National Convention! Since this is televised, I believe this would constitute my first address to the nation." He smiled to indicate he was being a little arch. "Now, normally I might be worried about an assassination attempt, maybe a glitter bombing, considering a certain group of people get awfully worked up when they hear common sense coming out of their televisions. But tonight, ladies and gentlemen, there's nothing to fear: I've hired Mr. Joseph Stalin as my chief of security. Mr. Joseph Stalin, will you please come on up?" Pauer clapped and motioned for an invisible person to take the stage, milking the joke as the audience laughed. "You see, liberals won't be making any attempts on my life tonight; they wouldn't want to offend Stalin."

When the laughter had died down a bit, he continued, "That's a big problem with the Democrats these days, isn't it? Offending. Political correctness. It all started back in 2012, when they tried to force a baker to make a wedding cake for a gay couple. Oh, that goes against your Christian beliefs? Too bad. It's not like this country was founded on the ideal of religious freedom, or anything. But these days, forcing you to violate your principles to kowtow to progressive political correctness— well, that isn't enough for the average soy-guzzling, weed-smoking, Twitter-obsessed Democrat pajama boy. No, they'll go further: they'll put you on blast everywhere from social media to national television to your own front yard.

"Take [not-Maria Tusken], for example. She runs a knitting business. I know, I know— knitting! How could the Democrat keyboard warriors possibly take issue with that? Well, her friend made a social media post excitedly comparing her opportunity to travel outside the country to a trip to Mars. And boom, she's a white supremacist, imperialist, colonizing witch." Pauer shook his head sadly. "But that's not where it stops. No, these cretins have to go further. Virtue signaling about how woke they are on Instagram and Tumblr isn't enough; when they see something that triggers them— so, when they see just about anything— they go for the throat. They attacked this poor woman's livelihood— her knitting business, for God's sakes— trying to put her and her family out on the street because of a freaking Instagram post. And that's just one example, folks. There are thousands of Americans with similar stories, people who've been fired, blacklisted, relationships with friends and family destroyed, careers ended, all because some liberal Neo-Nazi dug up a Facebook post from ten years ago that isn't politically correct.

"That's what modern Democrats are, folks! Neo-Nazis! Oh, they may claim to represent the very opposite, but they're restricting our freedoms in the same way Hitler and Stalin did. Little by little. First we have to bake a gay cake, next thing you know, we have to consent to our toddlers being taught sex ed by a transvestite. And some of you probably thought that last part was a joke. No, this is deathly serious, folks. The ideas of tolerance, of diversity, of freedom that America was founded on are being squashed by the liberal steamroller of political correctness. The Democrats don't want tolerance, diversity, or freedom. Their goal is to make America so sensitive that you can't drop a pin without starting a race war.

"Well, I don't know about you folks, but that's not the America I want. That's not the America I grew up in. That's not the America I believe in. There's an avalanche of reasons you should vote for Nate Richardson over Joseph— I mean, Jillian Dayton. But if you're still looking for one, may I present: common sense. Common sense, as in, maybe we shouldn't burn people at the stake for politically incorrect Halloween costumes they wore twenty years ago. Common sense, as in, maybe we should focus on fixing the recession, instead of launching an inquisition every time you see something you disagree with. Jillian Dayton and her radical supporters, like Marty Spellman and Buster Bunker, they're sacrificing common sense to their chthonic god of political correctness. But that's not the only thing they're immolating. They're putting the livelihood of the everyday American at stake, too. They've created an entire culture around oppressing the Average Joe: cancel culture. And every day Jillian Dayton refuses to repudiate this dangerous trend and apologize to the thousands of Americans whose lives it's ruined, she's flipping the bird in their faces.

"This November, America will face a choice. We can move in the direction of 1984, becoming a hive-mind of politically correct, shambling husks who stare at their feet all day long, never voicing an original opinion for fear President Dayton will revoke their license to Facebook post. Or we can put our trust in the common sense candidate. The candidate who doesn't think you should be fined your life's savings for daring to practice your religion. The candidate who doesn't think your business should be razed à la Kristallnacht for having the nerve to post about your vacation on Instagram. The candidate who wants to solve our country's problems, not distract you with virtue signaling and witch hunts while America burns. The Republican candidate.

"It's been a pleasure to speak to you tonight, and I hope all of you listening will join me in rejecting the evil of cancel culture and embracing the man with the vision for our country that doesn't include blatant tyranny on a scale that has George Washington rolling in his grave. Thank you, and God bless America!"
Capilean News (Updated 16 November)
Where is the horse gone? Where the warrior?
Where is the treasure-giver? Where are the seats at the feast?
Where are the revels in the hall?
Alas for the bright cup! Alas for the mailed warrior!
Alas for the splendour of the prince!
How that time has passed away, dark under the cover of night, as if it never were.

The Wanderer

Emazia
Minister

Founded: May 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Emazia » Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:03 pm

Everson Boyd Convention Speech
The Path Forward

Boyd had prepared for the speech. He had rehearsed it several times in his head, practiced all the delivery and ensured that every detail was just about right. He prepared himself as well - ensuring his suit was on properly, his tie was aligned and that his glasses were properly on his face. He brushed off any dust that he might've had on himself, took a deep breath and stepped onto the stage, waving at the crowd.

"My fellow Americans, my brothers and sisters and my countrymen, I feel honoured to stand before you all today, not merely as a Democrat, but as an American. For what lies ahead of us today is the question of the path forward. Whether we shall be steered by malevolent forces towards disunity, towards hatred and towards despair, or whether we shall stand to take the oath of hope, love and justice that unifies not just all Americans, but all men as the brothers of the same God.

“The death of Marlon Ward is a sobering reminder of how far our nation needs to come, to fulfil the promises set out in our constitution; that all men are born equal. We made much progress, from the fight to topple slavery in the Civil War to the civil rights movement, but our work is not yet done. We must keep marching on, our spirit in our hearts, in the fight for true justice and true liberty.”

He spoke with toughness and conviction, staring confidently at the audience.

“Let me tell you all a story, my brothers and sisters. Back in 1963, when I was just 13 years old, I was at home sitting in front of the television with my parents. I must admit, I did not understand a word at the time, and only through looking back could I understand the true significance of what was being said to me. I watched Reverend King stand in front of two, maybe three, hundred thousand people, and say words that would shake America.

There were a few words that he spoke, not that day, but from a jail in Birmingham, Alabama, that really stuck with me, and I am sure will stick with the rest of you: “Freedom is never granted by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed.”

And here we are in the midst of the continuation of that fight, standing in front of the tides of history on this great American ship. Shall we be swept over by hatred, or shall we finally stand together, in our combined solidarity? Shall we continue to drink the Kool-Aid of division and cowardice, or shall we stand together and finally overcome the barriers of race and gender that have put white above black, man above woman, for so long?

So, I raise the question once again, my friends, what is our path forward? We stand before the great choice between hatred and love, between division and unity and between tyranny and liberation. Let us make the facts clear as day, clearer than the sun rising on a clear morning. In this country, black people make up only 13% of the population, and Hispanic people a similar percentage, yet both combined make up over half of the victims of police brutality in this country. You have police officers running around with tanks and grenade launchers as they drop tear gas on innocent crowds, just as we have seen throughout these peaceful protests. It is deplorable, let me tell you! Deplorable!”

He spoke with indignant rage, his body leaning forward, and his hands pointed at the cameras.

“And you know, that’s not even the worst part of all of this. In this country, you are more likely to be imprisoned than in North Korea. Keep in mind there I did not say we had more people locked up, I said that we have more people locked up, per hundred thousand, than North Korea. Let us also remember that the United States, the land of the free, has the most prisoners of any country in the world, even more so than the ‘People’s’ Republic of China, despite it having 4 times the population.

And do you know why this is? It is because of a great big prison-industrial complex, that has turned the process of correction to one of enslavement. I do not exaggerate when I say that our nation has the full facets of slavery in action. For those who are still not in belief, I encourage you to read the 13th Amendment for yourself: “Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction."

He paused to let the audience take that in.

“Right now, in this country, it is entirely legal to force a man to work unpaid under threat of psychological torture. That, my friends, is what is known as the prison-industrial complex. You see this slave labour being used in every sector of our economy – McDonalds, Wendy’s, Walmart, Verizon, American Airlines – they all do this. They are all part of this oppressive system, propped up by mass incarceration.

And yet, we must ask the question, why are there so many poor people in prison? Why have we, as a nation, instead of treating our impoverished masses with the humanity that any decent country would give them, lock them up en masse? It is to use as labour, to pack our meat, to ship our groceries and make our clothes.

And you wonder why so many black men are put in our prisons every year, and why so many of them are innocent.

And you wonder who did all of this. It was the Republican Party, of course, the party of ‘small government’ while they lock up people for simply smoking a plant. The party of ‘small government’ while they cheer on a murderer. The party of ‘small government’ while they detain children – forcibly separated from their parents - in illegal and immoral conditions on our border simply for seeking a better life.

It is time, therefore, that we move beyond the aged and corrupt legacy of the Republican Party. It is time that we recontinue the fight for civil rights in this country and it is time that we end the great inequalities that have existed between races from the founding of our nation. White, brown, and black we are all Americans, and it is time we stand together in the fulfilment of that promise, in the fulfilment of Martin Luther King’s dream. That is our path forward when it comes to the issues around race in our country today.

But we must remember that we must fight for justice on more than one front. We must fight for economic justice as well as social justice. And the fight for economic justice is especially paramount now as we stand in the battered and torn house of cards that has collapsed, not onto the financiers who have gambled and gambled our economy into the dust, nor onto the stockholders who live in golden mansions unaffected as ordinary Americans continue to bear the burden of the second great recession that stands before us now.

It is time that we move forward and bring a new deal, a fair deal, to the American people. To level the playing field and create a more equal society and to revive the vision of Franklin Delano Roosevelt.

The piecemeal aid offered by the Republican Party will not be enough; cannot be enough, for our working families, who their economic neglect has harmed time and time again. You know, after the recession, I authored a bill. I worked with Senator [not-Dodd] to form a new financial regulation bill: Dodd-Boyd, in order to prevent the calamity of a second great recession. And do you know what the Republicans did with it? They repealed large swathes of it. If they had kept Dodd-Boyd on with the full protections, there is the entire possibility that this recession would not have happened in the first place.

Let us remember that the original Republican ‘relief’ bill, if you can even call it that, clearly shows the contempt of the Republican Party for working people. Section 2 is a clear and direct attack on people who have lost their jobs, and a swipe at the most hungry and desperate in our society, slashing their unemployment benefits by restricting it to a percentage of their previous earnings, to keep them hungry and desperate, ready to be taken advantage of by the business donors of the party.

Meanwhile, Sections 7 and 11 are a joke. In the largest K-12 schools, you would see the maximum amount being given amounting to no more than $10 per student, and in the largest universities, you would see the maximum amount going even further down to less than $2 per student. These clear discrepancies show the continued fact that the Republican Party is fundamentally out of touch with working Americans and the communities they live in. I mean, why would not they be – all their children go to schools where they would not need the aid anyway. It is true – Richardson’s parents were businessmen who sold real estate, while Senator Dayton was born to a veteran and to a teacher, a true representation of the core of this country.

The Republican Party, not since the days of Theodore Roosevelt, or even Dwight Eisenhower and Nelson Rockefeller, has not represented the will, nor the interests of, the working people of the United States. Instead, it self-evidently, fundamentally, represents the interests of the moneyed class.

This manifests itself most in the Wolf so-called ‘tax cuts’, that while providing over $193,000, on average, per person earning over $3.4 million per year, will, in aggregate, raise taxes for the bottom 40% of Americans over the next 7 years. The Republican Party, in other words, is a reverse Robin Hood – taking from the poor to give to the rich.

We must, at long last, reject the policies of oligarchs and of kleptocrats, who seek to turn our nation into a profit stock, and who regard everyday Americans as nothing but human capital; as nothing but cattle. A nation cannot stand, not as a democracy, not as the land of the free – when it is ruled by the wealthy and their puppets.

It is far more than unjust that, in this day, the people are denied their candidate in the White House, and that Nathaniel Richardson win not through honour nor through a legitimate grassroots movement, but through bribery and cowardice. The American people must stand together against him and what he represents.

They say that insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Under that definition, what do you think a vote for Nathaniel Richardson is? He is simply an indecent mockery of Burke Jr, although more alike in charisma to his Vice President.

It is of paramount importance that we strike back against the winner-take-all, politically motivated economic policies of the Republican Party. Nowhere is this more crucial that in our fight for a $15 minimum wage, which would provide a much-needed boost to nearly a third of the American workforce. We stand here in our moral fight for a better and fairer deal for America’s workers. We must now stand up and demand a proper, living wage, and continue the fight for economic justice.

But economic justice simply does not stop at the $15 minimum wage. In this country, over 30,000 Americans a year die from a lack of access to healthcare. That is three times the amount of people who die from natural disasters in the entire world.

We must ramp up the fight of Franklin Delano Roosevelt and Harry Truman for healthcare for all, and ensure that every American can access healthcare, to save those 30,000 lives and to save people from bankruptcy across this great land. I fought for the Affordable Care Act and was its primary sponsor in the House. The Affordable Care Act gave insurance to 17.6 million people, ended out-of-pocket costs for cancer screenings and vaccinations, closed the doughnut hole gap in Medicare which affected 10.9 million people and slashed premiums by over 10%.

And if you elect Nathaniel Richardson to the White House, it will all end. If you have gained health insurance from the ACA, then you will lose it. They were only stopped in their tracks by the noble work of Senator [not-McCain], and no doubt they will come for it again once Richardson wins.

That is the risk of electing the Republican Party to the Presidency, to the House of Representatives, to the Senate. They are coming for your healthcare, folks, it is that clear. Let us stand together and give a decisive defeat to their policies which have, time and time again, from the days of Burke and now Wolf, harmed working people across this country.

There are, quite literally, lives at stake when it comes to our healthcare policy. There are single mothers in this country who are forced to make the choice between food and medical bills. There are disabled people, pushed out of their jobs, who have to rely on friends and family to pay extortionate medical bills. In this country, a month’s dose of insulin can cost as much as $700. That is 37% of the average waiters’ income in this country. And imagine the rent some of them have to pay, or the fact that some of them have children that they need to raise children on their own.

It is truly a great human tragedy that, in the richest nation in the world, we have over 27 million people in poverty, including 12 million children, 28.4 million people unemployed and over 72 million people left without health insurance. We live in a country where the servants of rich men, while spending their days cleaning ornate jewellery or serving food at million-dollar banquets, barely earn enough to feed their children. We live in a country where wealthy people live 12 years longer than the poor. These are not statistics that befit the richest nation in the world, nor indeed any nation that dares to call itself civilised. These are the statistics of a nation that has been subjugated by its haughty and avaricious elites and must stand up to resist against their rule at the ballot box and firmly reject their candidate.

The Republican Party, once again, is the party of social stratification, of the powerful and of the denial of freedom of opportunity. The Democratic Party will stand for freedom of opportunity, for economic justice and for the interests of the people of this country. That is the way it has been, and that is the way in which we will take it, onto a brighter future.

Come out, you hungry and dispossessed masses, and rise, to claim a great future not just for yourselves but for your children. The struggle for freedom does not simply start and end with the marching of boots or even with social emancipation, but with the ending of the starvation, of the emaciation, of the poverty that grips the lives of tens of millions of hardworking Americans who work day in and day out to fight for their families, to earn a living, to simply not starve.

Democracy, we say, is a government by the people, for the people and of the people. Yet right now our government is none of those things. Our government is by oligarchs, for oligarchs and of oligarchs, of millionaires being told by billionaires what to do, what to say and what to pretend is the truth. The machines, the turbines, the electrical generators of American democracy do not lie in the halls of Congress nor the White House, but instead within the halls of the American Legislative Exchange Council, atop the ivory towers of the Chamber of Commerce and the offices of Americans for Prosperity.

A nation governed by men whose loyalty lies not to the people but to the political machines and corporations that keep them in power is not a true democracy, at least not in any sense of the word, but rather a nation by the rich and for the rich. When you look at who’s donating what to who in this country, you will see who really is in charge. You will see who is really running the Republican Party. You will see who is writing all of Richardson, Warrick and Volker’s lines. You will see the master behind the puppet, holding the strings.

America, at its core, is not one country, but two. But those nations are not black and white, are not Democrat and Republican, but rather a wealthy nation and an impoverished one. Let us speak of the first at this juncture.

There is an America, almost like a foreign land, yet no more foreign than the Appalachian mountains or the Great Plains, that shines like a summer sun, glowing over the rest. This is the shining city on the hill that Reagan spoke of, a land of milk and honey, of endless prosperity and where the fantasy of glamour and endless spectacle is fulfilled.

But it is just that, a spectacle, a big lie. The politicians that stand in opposition to us now, by which I specifically address those who currently stand in opposition to our policies of economic and social justice, peddle that spectacle in order to strengthen their position and to create a false narrative. And perhaps, out of touch as they are, they believe it, because they have never seen it, nor would they ever want to, as they hold endless and utter contempt for those who they see as beneath them.

Let’s be honest here: if all the wealthy men of this country had to send their children to schools in the urban ghetto, had to live in places like my hometown, exploited with endless painkillers and addicted to death by the unethical and morally criminal, then they’d think a different way about things. That is not an insult – that's a fact, and one plain as day when you sit down and examine the facts.

But then, let us look at the other America. The America that the vast majority of this country live in, the America that I grew up in and the America that we must finally stand up for. This is the America of the masses that have been excluded from the political process for so long, the America that truly represents who we are as a nation, and one whose identity has been denied in favour of a great fiction of what America truly is at its core.

Even before the recession, all the way back in the so-called ‘golden era’ of the Wolf economy, 78% of Americans lived paycheck to paycheck. Since 1973, productivity has doubled, while wages, in real terms, have gone down by 7%, while the prices of education and housing soared, even accounting for inflation. There are entire swathes of this nation not merely suffering from, but trapped in, poverty by systems designed to benefit not them but those above them, those who are the true rulers of this nation.

That is the other America which I speak of, the America that has for so long been stood on and denied by the right, despite their spiels about standing for the ‘heartland’ and for the ‘silent majority.’ They tell you to look not up but down for your problems – first at working class black single mothers, slandering them as ‘welfare queens’ as they try to do all they can to take care of their children, then at immigrants trying to fight for a better life here in America, of children struggling with their parents in solidarity to escape poverty, war and crime in their home nations.

We must realise that we are all brothers and sisters, born of the same flesh and blood, of the same spirit of man. When we realise that, we shall finally overcome the great hurdles, the great challenges, foisted onto good Americans by those who choose to divide us, from Jefferson Davis to Bernard Porter. We must all rally around the common human ideals that unite us all, black, white, Hispanic, Asian, gay, straight, bisexual, men, women, those who are neither or both, Christian, Muslim, Jewish and irreligious, we must stand behind the common ideas of personal liberty, of societal solidarity and of economic and social justice. These ideas are not merely American, nor even Western – they are the ideals of human progress, of human love and of human egalitarianism. They are the ideals that bond every member of the human race, of every time, of every nation and of every political ideology. These are the ideals that shall guide us on our path forward, onto a brighter and happier future, one where we shall not spurn justice nor righteousness, but let them guide us towards a bright and beautiful future where every man, woman and child may feel the embrace of freedom from sea to shining sea.

Let us remember that there is more that unites us than divides us, that we are all united in our common ideals, fraught as that unity may seem. And this is not a mere political cliché - poll a Republican crowd on many things and you will see that there is truly more that unites us than divides us. Nearly half of Republicans support same-sex marriage, a $15 minimum wage and agree with the scientific consensus on climate change. Victory in November means speaking a unifying message that shall bring together all Americans during this great calamity.

But when we are united, we shall overcome the great challenges before us and pave a new road that shall unify the divisions in our wounded land. America shall not be divided, will not be divided and CANNOT be divided! Together we stand, united we fall! We shall overcome those who wish to defeat us with the sword of hatred or with the axe of despair. Let us unite, and stand together in love of all of mankind, and recognise that we are all one race: the human race!

Despite what many on the other side might say, to be a patriot doesn't mean to distaste diversity nor to be indifferent to injustice, but rather to work day and night to ensure the promises of your nation are met, to ensure that what it claims to stand for is truly stood for, to ensure that its practice matches its theory. True patriotism is to be your nation's moral conscience, to set it right when it has been put wrong.

We have stood three hundred years as a nation, even against those who wish to divide us from Jefferson Davis to George Wallace and now to Bernard Porter. Against those who hold our true values, the true values of Western civilisation itself, in contempt, of liberty, equality and solidarity. Of tolerance and of the democratic ideal. And when we realise that what unifies us, as hard working American men and women standing on our common soil, and when we resolve the great struggles that lie before us, we shall have a country, for all of its formerly dispossessed and enchained masses, for all of its formerly disillusioned and disaffected millions, crying in their huddled gatherings across the great lands of our nation, and they will say, at long last, God bless America, and God bless the land of the free, and the home of the brave!"
Proud Libertarian Socialist

Resistance is the only path to freedom under tyranny. Power to the people and down with those who would subvert their will. In the name of justice, we must fight.

Anti-capitalist. Anti-fascist. Anti-authoritarian.

The Orion Islands
Minister

Founded: Dec 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:53 pm

Senator Colbert approaches the stage for the proudest moment of his life. He was chosen to speak at the Republican convention. The GOP leadership thought he could be trusted to deliver a good speech. He was determined not to disappoint.
“My fellow Americans. This nation stands at a crossroads. On one side is the Democratic vision. The Democrats are advancing the most radical platform in their history. They want a $15 an hour minimum wage, radical socialized medicine, and increasing government power. But let’s look at what will really happen. Medicare for All will take away your health insurance. Every union in this country has fought for the best health insurance they can get. If Medicare for All passes, you can kiss your health coverage goodbye. You’ll get one size fits none. Wait lists, medicine rationing, and potential denial of care based on various factors, potentially based on age. All for a 3.4 trillion dollar a year price tag. Tim Westra himself told union workers in Las Vegas that it was, and I quote, “It’s not Medicare for All, it’s Medicare for More!” Meanwhile, the anti-family, anti-American Black Lives Matter movement wants drugs and prostitutes on every street corner. They apparently don’t care that opioids kill more people in one year than died in the entire Vietnam War. And the fact that they think its okay to sell women’s bodies like cattle show how little they care about actual, real people. The Democratic Party also is lying when they tell you no one making under x will pay more in taxes. To pay for all their massive welfare and programs, they will have to more than double federal revenue. The effects on business, big and small, and average Americans will be devastating. But there is another way. Nate Richardson. He is a proven Conservative fighter who genuinely cares about America. He fought to improve the economy of North Carolina. It grew at double the national rate. He has fought for better health care in his state without resorting to socialism. He confronted the drug crisis. And now he wants to do for America what he did for North Carolina. He will fight for our communities. He will build our economy up, he will ensure blacks, Hispanics, and Asians will be prosperous. He will fight for Middle America, not Wall Street and the D.C. swamp. He will bring back our jobs from China. He will confront China’s malign activities. He will ensure China is punished for their economic crisis. He will fight to get drugs off our streets. He will spend every moment in the next four years fighting for America. He will continue all of the good Arnold Wolf did. He will be a unifier, not a divider. He will build America up, and he will take it forward, not backward. And he will not resort to radical socialism or progressivism. The left has drifted further into radicalism, pushing failed solutions that make more problems. But Nate Richardson will fix problems. The choice is clear. Vote Nate Richardson for a safer, more prosperous America. Thank you, and God Bless America.”
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Proud Catholic Republican
Supporter of Israel, NATO, Christianity, capitalism, and conservatism.
Member of ICDN

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:57 am

Republican National Convention Night 3 Events

8:30 Pledge of Allegiance & National Anthem

8:35 Opening Prayer: Rabbi Aryeh Spero

8:37 Introductory Video: Extending the American Dream
Excerpt: For too long too many Americans have been neglected, by elites, the woke and those living in coastal hubs. Our priority needs to be extending the American Dream to these forgotten Americans.

8:40 Jay Dietrich: Vice President

8:50 Lumbee Nation Representative
Excerpt: Nate Richardson saw us, he heard our plight and has pledged to take up our struggle for recognition, and to have the American Dream that much closer. He fights for us, and we will fight for him.

8:52 Vernon Jones: Former Democratic Member of the Georgia House of Representatives
Excerpt: I joined the Republican Party because of Arnold Wolf, and when he told us his diagnosis I wasn’t sure what i’d do… But Richardson met with me… we spoke and I believe he has the same toughness and resolve that Wolf had in 2016. I joined the GOP because of Wolf, but i’m going to stay for Richardson.

8:57 Cissie Graham Lynch: Podcaster
Excerpt: Democrats tried to make faith organizations pay for abortion-inducing drugs. Democrats tried to force adoption agencies to violate their deeply-held beliefs. Democrats pressured schools to allow boys to compete in girls' sports and use girls' locker rooms. Those are the facts. But then, We the People, elected Arnold Wolf, people of faith suddenly had a fierce advocate in the White House. He appointed judges who respect the First Amendment. He supported religious beliefs in court. He ensured religious ministries would not be forced to violate their beliefs. He withdrew the policies that placed our little girls at risk. And, on the world stage, President Wolf became the first president to talk about the importance of religious freedom, at the United Nations, giving hope to people of faith around the world. I have every faith Nate Richardson will continue the struggle

9:00 Diane Paulson: Congresswoman

9:10 Holocaust Survivor
Excerpt: I have dedicated my life making sure the world never forgets… Today’s children will be the last generation to know those who suffered in the Holocaust…. It is absolutely vital that we once again reaffirm the right of Israel to exist, and to exist as a Jewish state.

9:12 Jack Chambers: Governor of Nebraska

9:17 Abby Johnson: Pro Life Activist
In August, my supervisor assigned me a new quota to meet, an abortion quota. I was expected to sell double the abortions performed the previous year. When I pushed back, underscoring Planned Parenthood's public-facing goal of decreasing abortions, I was reprimanded, and told, "Abortion is how we make our money." But the tipping point came a month later, when a physician asked me to assist with an ultrasound-guided abortion. Nothing prepared me for what I saw on the screen, an unborn baby fighting back, desperate to move away from the suction. And I'll never forget what the doctor said next, "Beam me up, Scotty." The last thing I saw was a spine twirling around in the mother's womb before succumbing to the force of the suction.

9:20 Reverend Dunn

9:25 Johnathan Astron: Trucker
Excerpt: America has 3.5 million truckers, our routes connect every farm, hospital, manufacturer, business and community in the country. Self driving trucks could put us out of a job in the next decade, before I can send my kids to college. When I told Governor Richardson my fear he told me he would do something about it… I thought it was just a regular politician promising something and then blowing it off… But that month he announced his intention to ban self driving trucks in the industry. He listened to me, he will follow through, and he has my vote because he’s the only one who is going to fight for my job.

9:27 Ellis Adler

9:37 Musical Performance: Jackie Evancho

9:42 Wyatt Hagerty: Senator from Utah

9:47 Veteran
Excerpt: After getting wounded in Afghanistan in 2012 I worked on getting Americans out of the country. Baharia couldn’t pull us out, but Wolf got us to the precipice of ending the endless war. Richardson will end the war once and for all.

9:50 Clint Guererra: Senator from Colorado

10:00 Chinese Civil Rights Activist
Except: The Chinese Communist Party is responsible for unfathomable oppression, murder, and now the single greatest economic crisis in the past century. Senator Dayton looks to them and sees a friend, but Governor Richardson recognizes the Clear and Present Danger to the American people and the world at large, he WILL hold them accountable.

10:02 Stoneman Douglas Parent
Excerpt: After my daughter’s murder, the media didn’t seem interested in the facts. So, I found them myself. I learned that gun control laws didn’t fail my daughter, people did. The gunman had threatened to kill his classmates before. He had threatened to rape them. He had threatened to shoot up the school. Every red flag you could imagine, but the school didn’t just miss these red flags, they knowingly ignored them. Far left Democrats in our school district made this shooting possible because they implemented something they called restorative justice. This policy, which really just blames teachers for student’s failures, puts kids and teachers at risk and make shootings more likely, but it was built as a pioneering approach to discipline and safety. I was just fine with the old approach to discipline and safety. It was called discipline and safety, but the Baharia administration took Parkland’s bad policies and forced them into schools across America.

10:12 Richardson Biographical Video
Excerpt: As Governo he led with Conservative Principles in a way that brought people together during crisis. Whether during Hurricanes threatening communities or the Great Recession, Richardson led from the front and got it done.

10:14 Celebrating Women’s Suffrage
Excerpt: August 18th is the 100th anniversary of the ratification of the 19th Amendment, affirming the right of women to vote in the the United States. As we move into this decade we must ensure women are heard and that the American dream is never denied. In this decade and in decades to come women will continue to Make America Greater than ever before.

10:20 Laura Dunn: VP Nominee

10:35 Closing

10:40 Highlights & Recap
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Velahor
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:31 am

Republican National Convention
Diane Paulson

BREAKING NEWS: After a fairly standard speech about the areas of Governor Richardson’s platform she supported, Diane Paulson concluded her RNC speech with a roaring condemnation of Marxism.

EXCERPT: "Human history is defined by the moments where the common man has risen to the occasion and fought back against tyranny. My friends, this is one of those moments."

"And standing here today, I can say that I have never seen a party more enthused to extinguish tyranny and celebrate liberty."

"Europe's greatest intellectual battle of the last century, Marxism versus Markets, has come to American shores in the early years of this century. This is not purely a battle of economic desires. As Friedrich Hayek, one of the greatest economic thinkers of all time, said quite bluntly: 'If socialists understood economics, they wouldn't be socialists.'"

"The problem with Marxism isn't only that it does not correspond with what we know about how economies work. It's that in order to institute Marxism in America, the leftists will use whatever means possible to achieve their utopian fantasies. And as we have seen in the Soviet Union, in North Korea, in Cuba, and everywhere that so-called 'socialism' or 'communism' or 'Marxism' takes hold, they will achieve these goals through the systemic violation of the rights and liberties of the American people.”

"Marxism is not a real economic system, nor is it a legitimate form of government. For it to be either of those, it would actually have to be designed to work. But Marxism is instead a Ponzi scheme for power-loving tyrants to rob the people of hard currency, making themselves rich and driving the common man into poverty. Its the squandering of the nation's resources in the name of fairness, benefitting the party elites. I know the Marxists will say otherwise, but look at the fruits of every "Marxist" society, and you will see that they are lying."

"Senator Dayton might not call herself a 'Marxist,' but she capitulates to the demands of the radical left on a regular basis. Whether it's tax hikes, gun laws, the Green New Deal, or even her Vice Presidential picks, Senator Dayton is proving to many sensible, liberty-loving Americans that she is a lapdog for the radical left and not equipped to run our nation."

"Our nation stands at a monumental crossroads. We can choose the path of Marxism, or choose the path of free markets. But with Dayton in charge, we don't get a choice. Her weakness in standing up to the radical left will result in our whole nation being dragged down the path to Marxism!"

"We need someone who will stand firm against the radical left and not let us be pulled astray; that man is Governor Richardson! Now is the time to stand up and SAY NO TO TYRANNY! I will! I know you will! And for certain, Governor Richardson will."

"I've know Nate for awhile. Great guy. Smart, bright, a loving father to his kids and husband to his life. But above all, what stands out to me is Governor Richardson's STRONG VALUES."

"Governor Richardson believes in the American Dream, and I do too! In fact, except for the radical Marxists taking hold on the left, I genuinely believe that most Americans STILL BELIEVE IN THE DREAM."

"What is that dream exactly? It's the dream that a freedom-loving immigrant can come to America and make a life for themselves beyond what they ever would have imagined. It's the dream that a poor boy from the slums can build a successful business and advance in the world. It's the dream that each generation can make our nation a better place for future generations by ensuring that we always adhere to our values of liberty, peace, and prosperity."

"Nate believes in that dream, and has the temperment to see it through. Our nation has been led by men of words in the past, but Richardson is a man of action. We will make the reforms needed to keep the American dream alive with an intelligent and compassionate president in the Oval Office. That's why he has my full support."

"Again, we are at a crossroads. Our nation has a choice between Dayton, who has proven again and again that she will give in to the demands of the radical left, and Richardson, who has made it clear that it is his mission to FIGHT BACK against the Marxist infiltration of our society."

"The choice is obvious in my mind. And the choice should be obvious to anyone who truly loves this country. I'm voting for Nate, and I know you will too! It's what we've gotta do to keep the American dream alive!"

"Thank you to EVERYONE for showing up at the convention, God Bless you all, and God Bless America."
”A wasted vote is voting for someone that you don’t believe in”

Libertarian Realist/Neoclassical Liberal/Capitalistic Pragmatist, Civil Rights Advocate, Architecture Geek, Law Student
Diane Paulson - Congresswoman - Maine 2nd District
Michelle Paulson-Miller - White House Deputy Chief of Staff & Former NRA Chief Lobbyist
William S. Rogers III - Senator - Montana
Martha Prendergast - Senator & First Lady - West Virginia
Daniel Gundersen - Mayor of Waukesha, WI/Candidate for United States Senate/Founder of Dairy Dan’s

Previous

Return to Portal to the Multiverse