NATION

PASSWORD

MAGAThread XIX: Hambergers, Noble Prizes, & Disinfectant

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Zurkerx
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 20, 2011
Anarchy

MAGAThread XIX: Hambergers, Noble Prizes, & Disinfectant

Postby Zurkerx » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:02 am

First thread.
Second thread.
Third thread.
Fourth thread.
Fifth thread.
Sixth thread
Seventh thread
Eighth thread
Ninth thread
Tenth thread
Eleventh thread
Twelfth thread
Thirteenth Thread
Fourteenth Thread
Fifteenth Thread
Sixteenth Thread
Seventeenth Thread
Eighteenth Thread

Farn is more than welcome to take back control (and change my temporary title that is so creative) if she so desires.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

There is now a separate mod-sanctioned thread for discussion of the president's illness:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=492037

More details in the OP.
Last edited by The Archregimancy on Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
A Golden Civic: The New Pragmatic Libertarian
My Words: Indeed, Indubitably & Malarkey
Retired Admin in NSGS and NS Parliament

Accountant, Author, History Buff, Political Junkie
“Has ambition so eclipsed principle?” ~ Mitt Romney
"Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value." ~ Albert Einstein
"Trust, but verify." ~ Ronald Reagan

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:04 am

First.

As I was saying: Trump continues to be a moron Biden is just a hey stop being an idiot president.

Bernie was the best chance for hope.
Last edited by The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp on Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:04 am

Cont. from old thread:
I don't recall the Obama presidency cuddling up to people like Kim Jong-Un, Chairman Xi or Lieutenant-Colonel of KGB Putin for one.
The Holy Romangnan Empire of Ostmark
something something the sole legitimate Austria-Hungary larp'er on NS :3

MT/MagicT
The Armed Forces|Embassy Programme|The Imperial and National Anthem of the Holy Roman Empire|Characters|The Map

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:06 am

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:Cont. from old thread:
I don't recall the Obama presidency cuddling up to people like Kim Jong-Un, Chairman Xi or Lieutenant-Colonel of KGB Putin for one.

"But he payed respects to Japanese soldiers one time and SJW BAD."- Trumpests defending there golden boy
Last edited by The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp on Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:08 am

Obama was good friends with the Saudis. And every president going back to the clintons, maybe all the way back to nixon, has been good with china. Putin not so much. Obama and him definitely were not friends.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:09 am

Trump hasn’t really cuddled up to Kim or Xi. Russia really doesn’t matter the Cold War is long since over
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:11 am

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:First.

As I was saying: Trump continues to be a moron Biden is just a hey stop being an idiot president.

Please, not yet another "You could have stopped this if only you sheep got woke and voted for Bernie" tirade. Because I could have sworn that's what I did.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:11 am

Rojava Free State wrote:

Obama was good friends with the Saudis. And every president going back to the clintons, maybe all the way back to nixon, has been good with china. Putin not so much. Obama and him definitely were not friends.

It's true that American foreign policy in the Middle East has been a trainwreck since at least the Iranian Revolution. Donald Trump has done nothing to change that. In fact he has enabled even more Saudi shenanigans than possibly every other POTUS in recent history. Meeting with Kim yielded pretty much nothing beyond granting the Divine Emperor in all but name legitimacy. At least swapping the idiot in charge right now for Biden will put a stop to pointless insults at allies, headless foreign policy and cuddling up to even more authoritarian dickheads.

MT/MagicT
The Armed Forces|Embassy Programme|The Imperial and National Anthem of the Holy Roman Empire|Characters|The Map

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:11 am

Thermodolia wrote:

Trump hasn’t really cuddled up to Kim or Xi. Russia really doesn’t matter the Cold War is long since over

So that love letter monologue was sarcasm.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:14 am

https://www.brookings.edu/opinions/asse ... istration/

Just a little piece on Obama china relations. Was Obama openly praising massacres? No he wasn't, but he certainly had no issue being friends with people who abused human rights. Trump is just more open about how little he gives a fuck about human rights. With Trump, there is no filter or attempt to sound remotely friendly. He just speaks whatever is on his mind. He never says "how will people other than my fans react to this?"
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Northern Davincia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Davincia » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:17 am

Gormwood wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Trump hasn’t really cuddled up to Kim or Xi. Russia really doesn’t matter the Cold War is long since over

Personal relations with foreign leaders and foreign policy are different things.
Hoppean Libertarian, Acolyte of von Mises, Protector of Our Sacred Liberties
Economic Left/Right: 9.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05
Conserative Morality wrote:"Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Hoppe."

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:17 am

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:

It's true that American foreign policy in the Middle East has been a trainwreck since at least the Iranian Revolution. Donald Trump has done nothing to change that. In fact he has enabled even more Saudi shenanigans than possibly every other POTUS in recent history. Meeting with Kim yielded pretty much nothing beyond granting the Divine Emperor in all but name legitimacy. At least swapping the idiot in charge right now for Biden will put a stop to pointless insults at allies, headless foreign policy and cuddling up to even more authoritarian dickheads.

Biden would not insult our allies but headless foreign policy would definitely be his thing. It's why they bombed Libya in 2011, turning the country into a hellhole. And as for tyrants, theyll just be less open about supporting them. Biden is everything trump but with a fake facade of "guys we're the good guys." No we aren't. We've been a pariah state for years.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:17 am

Gormwood wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Trump hasn’t really cuddled up to Kim or Xi. Russia really doesn’t matter the Cold War is long since over

What love letter? Trump says a lot of dumb shit and some of it is to troll people like you. You’ve probably fallen for it
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:19 am

Thermodolia wrote:
Gormwood wrote:So that love letter monologue was sarcasm.

What love letter? Trump says a lot of dumb shit and some of it is to troll people like you. You’ve probably fallen for it

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 478834002/
So this was a joke too?

MT/MagicT

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:19 am

Northern Davincia wrote:

Personal relations with foreign leaders and foreign policy are different things.

Trump and Kim are like boyfriends fr.

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:22 am

Thermodolia wrote:

So just more sarcasm. Nice Trumpologism by the way.
Last edited by Gormwood on Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:24 am

Gormwood wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:What love letter? Trump says a lot of dumb shit and some of it is to troll people like you. You’ve probably fallen for it

So just more sarcasm.

Given that Donald Trump doesn't even bother informing himself via the daily briefs the intelligence community prepares for him it is very likely he's been completely hoodwinked by some simple gestures of appreciation from people like Kim.

MT/MagicT

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:28 am

Gormwood wrote:So just more sarcasm.

Given that Donald Trump doesn't even bother informing himself via the daily briefs the intelligence community prepares for him it is very likely he's been completely hoodwinked by some simple gestures of appreciation from people like Kim.

He's so desperate for adoration and praise he's the world's easiest game.

Zurkerx
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 20, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Zurkerx » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:28 am

Trump says he plans to resume travel next week with trip to Arizona.

I suspect we'll see people requiring to wear masks but he won't, or they won't at all. That should be interesting to watch. There's also still the speculation that he'll pardon Roger Stone. I can see that being controversial.
A Golden Civic: The New Pragmatic Libertarian
My Words: Indeed, Indubitably & Malarkey
Retired Admin in NSGS and NS Parliament

Accountant, Author, History Buff, Political Junkie
“Has ambition so eclipsed principle?” ~ Mitt Romney
"Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value." ~ Albert Einstein
"Trust, but verify." ~ Ronald Reagan

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:30 am

Zurkerx wrote:Trump says he plans to resume travel next week with trip to Arizona.

I suspect we'll see people requiring to wear masks but he won't, or they won't at all. That should be interesting to watch. There's also still the speculation that he'll pardon Roger Stone. I can see that being controversial.

I'm sure he'll try. The GOP keeps coddling him.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:31 am

Thermodolia wrote:What love letter? Trump says a lot of dumb shit and some of it is to troll people like you. You’ve probably fallen for it

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 478834002/
So this was a joke too?

Nah sounds like one of his common tactics when he’s attempting to make a deal. Ya butter up the opposition in hopes they give you a better deal
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:32 am

Gormwood wrote:
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:First.

Please, not yet another "You could have stopped this if only you sheep got woke and voted for Bernie" tirade. Because I could have sworn that's what I did.

Good that you did vote Bernie, as he was the best chance for healing.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:33 am

Gormwood wrote:

So just more sarcasm. Nice Trumpologism by the way.

Never said it was sarcasm or a joke but that Trump does troll a lot of people.

In this case it seems he’s trying to butter up Kim to get a better deal
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:34 am

Thermodolia wrote:
Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 478834002/
So this was a joke too?

Nah sounds like one of his common tactics when he’s attempting to make a deal. Ya butter up the opposition in hopes they give you a better deal

Right, The Great Dealmaker that Trump is. He's actually the Great Big Deal.Maker.
Last edited by Gormwood on Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:35 am

Thermodolia wrote:
Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 478834002/
So this was a joke too?

That would work if Kim the Third wasn't playing Donald Trump like a goddamn fiddle.

MT/MagicT

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General