NATION

PASSWORD

The "Ban Cars" issue is just really ridiculous.

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Shimeng Lian
Civilian

Founded: Apr 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

The "Ban Cars" issue is just really ridiculous.

Postby Shimeng Lian » Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:11 am

It just doesn't make sense. The issue tells about ppl complaining about cars IN THE CITIES and about reclaiming their streets and when I agree with them, cars are suddenly banned in my whole country? The issue was talking about the cities, so why would someone understand it this way? Besides, in real world countries are banning cars in their cities, no one is argumenting about banning cars in whole countries. So the outcome for this issue doesn't make any sense text-wise and real-life-context-wise. I got really annoyed by it.

So I would really propose to edit this issue and also ask you for some way to fixing my situation, bc I don't want to ban cars.
Last edited by Shimeng Lian on Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tarchuna and Ravenna
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 10, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Tarchuna and Ravenna » Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:13 am

Yes, I agree

The Trading Cats
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Yes

Postby The Trading Cats » Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:14 am

Yes

Ayytaly
Minister

Founded: Feb 08, 2019
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ayytaly » Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:17 am

Bring back horse carriages
Signatures are the obnoxious car bumper stickers of the internet. Also, Rojava did nothing right.

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:20 am

Shimeng Lian wrote:It just doesn't make sense. The issue tells about ppl complaining about cars IN THE CITIES and about reclaiming their streets and when I agree with them, cars are suddenly banned in my whole country? The issue was talking about the cities, so why would someone understand it this way? Besides, in real world countries are banning cars in their cities, no one is argumenting about banning cars in whole countries. So the outcome for this issue doesn't make any sense text-wise and real-life-context-wise. I got really annoyed by it.

So I would really propose to edit this issue and also ask you for some way to fixing my situation, bc I don't want to ban cars.

The option you chose states:
"People are sick of dirty, smelly automobiles," says protest organizer @@RANDOMNAME. "They're choking the city, the environment--our lives! Cars must be banned!"

It fully signposted what the effects would be, and there will be no edits of the issue.

There are options to reverse the ban you instituted and one will come up eventually.

For future reference, I suggest careful reading of options, and going into your "Settings" to turn on "Require confirmation before passing legislation", which will require you to confirm you have selected the option you intend to choose.

EDIT: As for the argument that no countries have banned cars, perhaps not but several islands and villages have been made car-free. Nations no longer are official slave states, but one may be one in NS. All bar 26 nations allow abortion, but one may ban that, ban contraception and yet have human sacrifice in NS.

NS is a satirical nation simulator, not a perfect re-enactment of the United States, the United Kingdom or any other country.
Last edited by The Free Joy State on Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

My nation does not represent my beliefs or politics.

Cameroi
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Cameroi » Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:22 am

i have no feeling about banning cars, the problem is lack of consideration for the possibility of their complete and total replacement by alternative transportation technologies. and by those i don't mean limited to velocipedes and shanks mares.

well there's one variation where i get to have monorails, which is ok, but none for my network of solar powered narrow gauge railways.
or the both at the same time. and why doesn't one of them come with a bonus for not having to maintain paved roadways?

should be an environmental boost for turning paved streets into parks and parking lots into gardens.
truth isn't what i say. isn't what you say. isn't what anybody says. truth is what is there, when no one is saying anything.

"economic freedom" is "the cake"
=^^=
.../\...

Proxmire
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 11, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Proxmire » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:47 am

I wish more issues banned cars, I can't wait to get it done.

KIDDERLAND
Civilian

Founded: Aug 01, 2022
Ex-Nation

Awful Choices

Postby KIDDERLAND » Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:36 am

Yeah, the car ban ticked me off too since in life, I drink gasoline and bleed oil.... in my Nation cities banned cars and perfected public transportation, outside of cities cars are still totally allowed but that's not an option. So I try to ban cars IN CITIES as the issue states, and now cars are banned. Poor wording.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical