NATION

PASSWORD

The 'Best' & 'Worst' U.S. Presidents In History

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
User avatar
Aeritai
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1408
Founded: Oct 25, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

The 'Best' & 'Worst' U.S. Presidents In History

Postby Aeritai » Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:44 am

Ever since the United States of America has formed we had many presidents come and go, some of them were the best and some were the worst. And since NSG is home to some interesting opinions, I like to ask: Who do you consider to be the best and worst U.S. President in history and explain why. Which means we will not include recent Presidents like Obama and Trump, the list of Presidents will be George Washington-George W. Bush. However if you want to choose Obama and Trump you can if you want to. With that out of the way let us began the discussion and see who is the best or worst President in American history.

My Opinion

Best

George Washington- He led the young United States against the British in the American Revolutionary War and would shape how Presidents would run the nation in the future. And he wanted the United States to remain neutral in any conflicts.

Abraham Lincoln- He tried his best to hold the nation together while also dealing with the Civil War and he freed the African-Americans from slavery.

Worst

Andrew Jackson- His Indian Removal Act caused the deaths of many Native Americans and forced them to move from their original homes. So yeah I'm not fond of him for killing innocent Native Americans.
"Talk less, smile more. Don’t let them know what you’re against or what you’re for."-Aaron Burr, Hamilton
I am a Human Male
Pro: Vaccines, Civil Rights, Reform Police, Christian, Pro-Life, Globe Earth, and Peace
Neutral: LGBT, Democrat, and Republican
Anti: Anti-Vaxxers, Flat Earth, Global Warming, and Police Abolishment

User avatar
Rojava Free State
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 19139
Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Rojava Free State » Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:53 am

James Buchanan sucked shit at being a president. If you are ever upset that Trump is the president, just know that it could be alot worse. If you ever say "man I'm so stupid," nah man. James Buchanan was stupid. 0/10, fuck Buchanan, may he burn in hell for being such a trash president.
Last edited by Rojava Free State on Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

User avatar
Aeritai
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1408
Founded: Oct 25, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Aeritai » Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:57 am

Rojava Free State wrote:James Buchanan sucked shit at being a president. If you are ever upset that Trump is the president, just know that it could be alot worse. If you ever say "man I'm so stupid," nah man. James Buchanan was stupid. 0/10, fuck Buchanan, may he burn in hell for being such a trash president.


After looking him up I can see why, who do you consider to be the best president and why?
"Talk less, smile more. Don’t let them know what you’re against or what you’re for."-Aaron Burr, Hamilton
I am a Human Male
Pro: Vaccines, Civil Rights, Reform Police, Christian, Pro-Life, Globe Earth, and Peace
Neutral: LGBT, Democrat, and Republican
Anti: Anti-Vaxxers, Flat Earth, Global Warming, and Police Abolishment

User avatar
Rojava Free State
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 19139
Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Rojava Free State » Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:59 am

Aeritai wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:James Buchanan sucked shit at being a president. If you are ever upset that Trump is the president, just know that it could be alot worse. If you ever say "man I'm so stupid," nah man. James Buchanan was stupid. 0/10, fuck Buchanan, may he burn in hell for being such a trash president.


After looking him up I can see why, who do you consider to be the best president and why?


The best president was George Washington. Not only was he a war hero, but he was probably one of the most humble men in history. He asked his people to only refer to him as "Mr. President" and not "your highness" or "your excellency," and when he could have run for a third time, he decided not to, and instead passed the torch to new blood.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

User avatar
Ethel mermania
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 105071
Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:00 am

I am more and more coming to the opinion that succession while not legal is better than holding the nation together at bayonet point. Using force to maintain a union is a direct abrogation of the notion of self determination.
The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.

http://www.salientpartners.com/epsilont ... ilizations

User avatar
Arcturus Novus
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6425
Founded: Dec 03, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arcturus Novus » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:00 am

It's hard for me to call any president objectively "good" - the office of the presidency, and really the US federal gov't as a whole, is historically pretty shit - but I respect Lincoln the most for his leadership during the Civil War. That, and he was just a generally pretty cool guy. Apparently a good wrestler as well.
#1 Proponent of Gay Wrath Month
Corporations, cops, and politicians are your enemies.
about me - about my politics - my twitter
Member of the Committee for Proletarian Degeneracy
Des-Bal wrote:If you aren't ashamed of your opinions in 7 years you aren't growing as a person.

The Xenopolis Confederation wrote:I'm sure that as a Nazi, you apply your opposition to banning things in a very consistent and principled mammer.

Kowani wrote:
Loben The 2nd wrote:Victory is not measured by losses. It’s measured by gains.

Said Pyrrhus.

User avatar
Neanderthaland
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5934
Founded: Sep 10, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Neanderthaland » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:01 am

Buchanan as worst. I know Jackson is popular to hate on at the moment, but he's hardly the only president who was awful to the natives. Most presidents of the United States contributed to native genocide either directly or indirectly.

Whereas Buchanan is still the only president who precipitated a civil war.


Best is more ambiguous. Washington and Lincoln are both strong candidates, but there's a degree of apotheosis there that makes it hard to discuss them objectively. I'd probably lean towards someone like Jefferson or Teddy over them, but not by much.
Ug make fire. Mod ban Ug.

User avatar
Nakena
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11527
Founded: May 06, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Nakena » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:02 am

Worst:

Buchanan and... yeah, probably soon Trump. (Due his Covid-19 desaster)

Bush II would be a possible contender for 3rd place of worstest. Altough thats debatable, as he wasn't all bad and tried later to correct some of his earlier mistakes.
Last edited by Nakena on Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
☯ ₴ɄⱤVłV₳Ⱡ, ₳ĐV₳₦₵Ɇ₥Ɇ₦₮, ɆVØⱠɄ₮łØ₦ ☯
⛤₴Ø₦₳₭ Ø₴⛤
DANCE!

User avatar
Ethel mermania
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 105071
Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:04 am

Aeritai wrote:Ever since the United States of America has formed we had many presidents come and go, some of them were the best and some were the worst. And since NSG is home to some interesting opinions, I like to ask: Who do you consider to be the best and worst U.S. President in history and explain why. Which means we will not include recent Presidents like Obama and Trump, the list of Presidents will be George Washington-George W. Bush. However if you want to choose Obama and Trump you can if you want to. With that out of the way let us began the discussion and see who is the best or worst President in American history.

My Opinion

Best

George Washington- He led the young United States against the British in the American Revolutionary War and would shape how Presidents would run the nation in the future. And he wanted the United States to remain neutral in any conflicts.

Abraham Lincoln- He tried his best to hold the nation together while also dealing with the Civil War and he freed the African-Americans from slavery.

Worst

Andrew Jackson- His Indian Removal Act caused the deaths of many Native Americans and forced them to move from their original homes. So yeah I'm not fond of him for killing innocent Native Americans.

Without Jackson people without property dont get the vote. No American president treated the native population well, with the possible exception of Jefferson Davis.
The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.

http://www.salientpartners.com/epsilont ... ilizations

User avatar
Aeritai
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1408
Founded: Oct 25, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Aeritai » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:05 am

Rojava Free State wrote:
Aeritai wrote:
After looking him up I can see why, who do you consider to be the best president and why?


The best president was George Washington. Not only was he a war hero, but he was probably one of the most humble men in history. He asked his people to only refer to him as "Mr. President" and not "your highness" or "your excellency," and when he could have run for a third time, he decided not to, and instead passed the torch to new blood.


If only modern Presidents acted like Washington being humble and respectful. He would be disappointed of what the United Statea has become.
"Talk less, smile more. Don’t let them know what you’re against or what you’re for."-Aaron Burr, Hamilton
I am a Human Male
Pro: Vaccines, Civil Rights, Reform Police, Christian, Pro-Life, Globe Earth, and Peace
Neutral: LGBT, Democrat, and Republican
Anti: Anti-Vaxxers, Flat Earth, Global Warming, and Police Abolishment

User avatar
Aeritai
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1408
Founded: Oct 25, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Aeritai » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:08 am

Ethel mermania wrote:
Aeritai wrote:Ever since the United States of America has formed we had many presidents come and go, some of them were the best and some were the worst. And since NSG is home to some interesting opinions, I like to ask: Who do you consider to be the best and worst U.S. President in history and explain why. Which means we will not include recent Presidents like Obama and Trump, the list of Presidents will be George Washington-George W. Bush. However if you want to choose Obama and Trump you can if you want to. With that out of the way let us began the discussion and see who is the best or worst President in American history.

My Opinion

Best

George Washington- He led the young United States against the British in the American Revolutionary War and would shape how Presidents would run the nation in the future. And he wanted the United States to remain neutral in any conflicts.

Abraham Lincoln- He tried his best to hold the nation together while also dealing with the Civil War and he freed the African-Americans from slavery.

Worst

Andrew Jackson- His Indian Removal Act caused the deaths of many Native Americans and forced them to move from their original homes. So yeah I'm not fond of him for killing innocent Native Americans.

Without Jackson people without property dont get the vote. No American president treated the native population well, with the possible exception of Jefferson Davis.


While its true that other Presidents treated the Native population unfairly I'm pretty sure he caused the most deaths.
"Talk less, smile more. Don’t let them know what you’re against or what you’re for."-Aaron Burr, Hamilton
I am a Human Male
Pro: Vaccines, Civil Rights, Reform Police, Christian, Pro-Life, Globe Earth, and Peace
Neutral: LGBT, Democrat, and Republican
Anti: Anti-Vaxxers, Flat Earth, Global Warming, and Police Abolishment

User avatar
Arcturus Novus
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6425
Founded: Dec 03, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arcturus Novus » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:09 am

Aeritai wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:
The best president was George Washington. Not only was he a war hero, but he was probably one of the most humble men in history. He asked his people to only refer to him as "Mr. President" and not "your highness" or "your excellency," and when he could have run for a third time, he decided not to, and instead passed the torch to new blood.


If only modern Presidents acted like Washington being humble and respectful. He would be disappointed of what the United Statea has become.

The advent of the "TV president", combined with the apotheosis of the American presidency, kind of makes a humble, respectful president impossible.
#1 Proponent of Gay Wrath Month
Corporations, cops, and politicians are your enemies.
about me - about my politics - my twitter
Member of the Committee for Proletarian Degeneracy
Des-Bal wrote:If you aren't ashamed of your opinions in 7 years you aren't growing as a person.

The Xenopolis Confederation wrote:I'm sure that as a Nazi, you apply your opposition to banning things in a very consistent and principled mammer.

Kowani wrote:
Loben The 2nd wrote:Victory is not measured by losses. It’s measured by gains.

Said Pyrrhus.

User avatar
Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum
Diplomat
 
Posts: 541
Founded: Sep 24, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:11 am

The best president will be the president who withdraws American soldiers from the Middle East and does not support terrorism.

User avatar
Agarntrop
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7904
Founded: May 14, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Agarntrop » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:11 am

Arcturus Novus wrote:
Aeritai wrote:
If only modern Presidents acted like Washington being humble and respectful. He would be disappointed of what the United Statea has become.

The advent of the "TV president", combined with the apotheosis of the American presidency, kind of makes a humble, respectful president impossible.

Obama was quite humble i thought. mind you everyone looks fucking huble compared to donald t.
IC: The State of Taliana
Soft Left Social Democratic Labour Party Supporter (UK), Pragmatic Progressive Democrat (US)

Sanders 2020 Biden 2020

Starmer 2024 - Nobody be stoppin that FACTION FREE FURY
Views
Join NS P2TM's pre-eminent US politics RP!
Land of the Free
Representative John Atang (D-NY-03)
Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)
Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)
Fmr. Acting Secretary for Homeland Security Tara Misra (R-KY)

User avatar
Italios
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17468
Founded: Dec 19, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Italios » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:12 am

"best" - ulysses s. grant, rutherford b. hayes, warren harding, franklin roosevelt (very iffy)

worst - all the others

op definitely got assigned a "rank the presidents" assignment for online school lol
socialist ☭ pro-enosis ☦︎ dsaz member ♥ free literature
"individualism, at first, only saps the virtues of public life; but in the long run it attacks and destroys all others and is at length absorbed in selfishness." -alexis de tocqueville

User avatar
Aeritai
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1408
Founded: Oct 25, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Aeritai » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:14 am

Italios wrote:"best" - ulysses s. grant, rutherford b. hayes, warren harding, franklin roosevelt (very iffy)

worst - all the others

op definitely got assigned a "rank the presidents" assignment for online school lol


No? This is just a discussion.
"Talk less, smile more. Don’t let them know what you’re against or what you’re for."-Aaron Burr, Hamilton
I am a Human Male
Pro: Vaccines, Civil Rights, Reform Police, Christian, Pro-Life, Globe Earth, and Peace
Neutral: LGBT, Democrat, and Republican
Anti: Anti-Vaxxers, Flat Earth, Global Warming, and Police Abolishment

User avatar
Neanderthaland
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5934
Founded: Sep 10, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Neanderthaland » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:14 am

Arcturus Novus wrote:
Aeritai wrote:
If only modern Presidents acted like Washington being humble and respectful. He would be disappointed of what the United Statea has become.

The advent of the "TV president", combined with the apotheosis of the American presidency, kind of makes a humble, respectful president impossible.

Not really, I mean most modern presidents have at least attempted to project that image of themselves.

... not the current one, obviously. But even W and Clinton tried.
Ug make fire. Mod ban Ug.

User avatar
Sail Nation
Attaché
 
Posts: 75
Founded: Dec 25, 2019
New York Times Democracy

Postby Sail Nation » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:15 am

Can I suggest that Roosevelt was the best president- He led USA out of the great depression, after nearly 4 years of Hoover doing little to help. He set up 'Fireside Chats' to explain how and what he was doing to the American people. He set up 'Alphabet Agencies' to give people jobs and generally rebuild the economy. He lead America through WW2 (even though they joined late). What I consider most important is that he led even though he was disabled- something that wouldn't happen then and rarely now. He died while he was in office- a sign that he was committed to his job even when he was of very ill health; he was in a deteriorating condition. I am all for representation of disabled people in government (physical or hidden), as they see the world from a different perspective as they have to live their lives differently to most. He was overall, a great president.
WA delegate and MP in Lorania
MP in Thaecia (as Prussian Sail Nation)
Travelling nationstates (as Sail Nation Travellers), reviewing regions as I go
Against the General Forum, WA Elite member, Proud Liberal

User avatar
Arcturus Novus
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6425
Founded: Dec 03, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arcturus Novus » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:16 am

Italios wrote:"best" - ulysses s. grant, rutherford b. hayes, warren harding, franklin roosevelt (very iffy)

worst - all the others

op definitely got assigned a "rank the presidents" assignment for online school lol

Not sure if I'd rank the "let's send the Japanese-Americans to internment camps" guy as one of the best, personally. Maybe like, top 10, but still.
Agarntrop wrote:
Arcturus Novus wrote:The advent of the "TV president", combined with the apotheosis of the American presidency, kind of makes a humble, respectful president impossible.

Obama was quite humble i thought. mind you everyone looks fucking huble compared to donald t.

Obama had a very carefully-groomed media image to make himself appear approachable and relatable, all while granting massive corporate bailouts and carpet-bombing villages and weddings in the Middle East.
#1 Proponent of Gay Wrath Month
Corporations, cops, and politicians are your enemies.
about me - about my politics - my twitter
Member of the Committee for Proletarian Degeneracy
Des-Bal wrote:If you aren't ashamed of your opinions in 7 years you aren't growing as a person.

The Xenopolis Confederation wrote:I'm sure that as a Nazi, you apply your opposition to banning things in a very consistent and principled mammer.

Kowani wrote:
Loben The 2nd wrote:Victory is not measured by losses. It’s measured by gains.

Said Pyrrhus.

User avatar
Ethel mermania
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 105071
Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:17 am

Rojava Free State wrote:
Aeritai wrote:
After looking him up I can see why, who do you consider to be the best president and why?


The best president was George Washington. Not only was he a war hero, but he was probably one of the most humble men in history. He asked his people to only refer to him as "Mr. President" and not "your highness" or "your excellency," and when he could have run for a third time, he decided not to, and instead passed the torch to new blood.


I would take issue with the notion of Washington as humble. He was quite the colonial aristocrat. He covered up the depth of his incompetence in the french and indian war, he continually attempted to get a commission in the british army, and it was what he felt his mistreatment and the lack of respect given to him to the british army, and his London factors that turned him into a revolutionary leader.

Ron Chernow's book is an excellent biography of washington and tells quite a story, that includes that in the 1750's Martha Dandridge was not an plump ugly woman, but was in fact quite the hottie.
The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.

http://www.salientpartners.com/epsilont ... ilizations

User avatar
Trollzyn the Infinite
Minister
 
Posts: 2930
Founded: Aug 22, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:17 am

Best? I don't know, really. It's hard to say. Washington and Lincoln obviously stand out as some of the better ones. I'm partial to FDR, Grant, and Kennedy as well.

But worst? That one's easy. It's so easy you can't even include him or else it's not even a contest. No other president has brought as much shame to the position as he has. To the office, to the government, to the entire country. For every terrible president we've had - and we've had quite a lot - they all have one positive trait in common: they aren't Trump.

Ethel mermania wrote:
Aeritai wrote:Ever since the United States of America has formed we had many presidents come and go, some of them were the best and some were the worst. And since NSG is home to some interesting opinions, I like to ask: Who do you consider to be the best and worst U.S. President in history and explain why. Which means we will not include recent Presidents like Obama and Trump, the list of Presidents will be George Washington-George W. Bush. However if you want to choose Obama and Trump you can if you want to. With that out of the way let us began the discussion and see who is the best or worst President in American history.

My Opinion

Best

George Washington- He led the young United States against the British in the American Revolutionary War and would shape how Presidents would run the nation in the future. And he wanted the United States to remain neutral in any conflicts.

Abraham Lincoln- He tried his best to hold the nation together while also dealing with the Civil War and he freed the African-Americans from slavery.

Worst

Andrew Jackson- His Indian Removal Act caused the deaths of many Native Americans and forced them to move from their original homes. So yeah I'm not fond of him for killing innocent Native Americans.

Without Jackson people without property dont get the vote. No American president treated the native population well, with the possible exception of Jefferson Davis.


Jefferson Davis wasn't an American president. He was a traitorous rebel that led an unrecognized, illegitimate state whose sole reason for being was to ensure the black man stayed enslaved so rich white men could keep their racial superiority complexes and unpaid labor.
☆ American Patriot ☆ Civic Nationalist ☆ Nondenominational Christian ☆ Third Positionist ☆
☆ \m/ Rocker & Metalhead \m/ ☆ Anti-Communist ☆ Anti-Fascist ☆ Islamophobe ☆ Anti-Trumper ☆

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right."


Things I've Absolutely No Time Nor Patience For
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀

User avatar
Aeritai
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1408
Founded: Oct 25, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Aeritai » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:18 am

Sail Nation wrote:Can I suggest that Roosevelt was the best president- He led USA out of the great depression, after nearly 4 years of Hoover doing little to help. He set up 'Fireside Chats' to explain how and what he was doing to the American people. He set up 'Alphabet Agencies' to give people jobs and generally rebuild the economy. He lead America through WW2 (even though they joined late). What I consider most important is that he led even though he was disabled- something that wouldn't happen then and rarely now. He died while he was in office- a sign that he was committed to his job even when he was of very ill health; he was in a deteriorating condition. I am all for representation of disabled people in government (physical or hidden), as they see the world from a different perspective as they have to live their lives differently to most. He was overall, a great president.


FDR is a good choice and while he did try to ease the Great Depression, it was mostly World War 2 that kicked our economy into high gear.
"Talk less, smile more. Don’t let them know what you’re against or what you’re for."-Aaron Burr, Hamilton
I am a Human Male
Pro: Vaccines, Civil Rights, Reform Police, Christian, Pro-Life, Globe Earth, and Peace
Neutral: LGBT, Democrat, and Republican
Anti: Anti-Vaxxers, Flat Earth, Global Warming, and Police Abolishment

User avatar
Ethel mermania
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 105071
Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:19 am

Italios wrote:"best" - ulysses s. grant, rutherford b. hayes, warren harding, franklin roosevelt (very iffy)

worst - all the others

op definitely got assigned a "rank the presidents" assignment for online school lol

Grant had his issues, but I agree far underrated as a president.
The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.

http://www.salientpartners.com/epsilont ... ilizations

User avatar
Trollzyn the Infinite
Minister
 
Posts: 2930
Founded: Aug 22, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:20 am

Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum wrote:The best president will be the president who withdraws American soldiers from the Middle East and does not support terrorism.


Foreign policy alone does not define how good or bad a leader of a nation is.
☆ American Patriot ☆ Civic Nationalist ☆ Nondenominational Christian ☆ Third Positionist ☆
☆ \m/ Rocker & Metalhead \m/ ☆ Anti-Communist ☆ Anti-Fascist ☆ Islamophobe ☆ Anti-Trumper ☆

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right."


Things I've Absolutely No Time Nor Patience For
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀

User avatar
Italios
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17468
Founded: Dec 19, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Italios » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:21 am

Arcturus Novus wrote:
Italios wrote:"best" - ulysses s. grant, rutherford b. hayes, warren harding, franklin roosevelt (very iffy)

worst - all the others

op definitely got assigned a "rank the presidents" assignment for online school lol

Not sure if I'd rank the "let's send the Japanese-Americans to internment camps" guy as one of the best, personally. Maybe like, top 10, but still.
Agarntrop wrote:Obama was quite humble i thought. mind you everyone looks fucking huble compared to donald t.

Obama had a very carefully-groomed media image to make himself appear approachable and relatable, all while granting massive corporate bailouts and carpet-bombing villages and weddings in the Middle East.

this is why i marked him as iffy. the new deal and second new deal were pretty effective in combating hoover's embarrassing handling of the great depression*, he began the development of atomic weapons and the creation of internment camps for japanese-americans. unfortunately, if we knock every president down a spot for their shady personal morals, opposition to labor movements or civil rights record, a lot of them would be in the negatives. the same can be applied to the other presidents i listed.

*obviously they failed in the long term because the economy crashed again in 1937
socialist ☭ pro-enosis ☦︎ dsaz member ♥ free literature
"individualism, at first, only saps the virtues of public life; but in the long run it attacks and destroys all others and is at length absorbed in selfishness." -alexis de tocqueville

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aeritai, Ameriganastan, B o r o v a n, Dresderstan, Ethel mermania, Google [Bot], Gormwood, Greater Miami Shores, Kannap, Kragholm Free States, Latvijas Otra Republika, Names Are Too Hard, Neanderthaland, Ramalia Shanatopian, Soiled fruit roll ups, Spirit of Hope, The Andromeda Island Group, The Black Forrest, The Greater Ohio Valley, Valrifell, Wansul

Advertisement

Remove ads