NATION

PASSWORD

The Second Space Race| [OFFICIAL RP][CLOSED]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Nestorian Tibet
Attaché

Founded: Dec 28, 2019
Ex-Nation

The Second Space Race| [OFFICIAL RP][CLOSED]

Postby Nestorian Tibet » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:30 am

Welcome, Space Explorers!

Theme Music:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMJl48GPxeY

After a recent breakthrough in military technology, Tibet announced its intention to establish the first permanent human colony on Mars. Following this proclamation, many other nations across the globe have decided to outdo Tibet or to sabotage their efforts. No matter whose banner it be under, If this scramble for Mars succeeds then mankind will take it's first real dive into the final frontier.

Joining this daring Scramble for Mars are the following nations:

[]Constitutional Monarchy of Tibet[]

[]Constitutional Tsardom of Alaska[]

[]United States of America (Played by the United States of Nuclear Weapons)][]

[]United Mexican States (Played by Imperial Anahuac)[]

[]People's Republic of China (Played by Kazakah)[]

[]Empire of Ojima[]

These leaders of the New Space Race shall soon be taking off into the Final Frontier. We'll see these champs on Mars. Prepare for takeoff!

Last edited by Nestorian Tibet on Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.
God be with You,
President Khando Nepali, Steward of Tsenpo Yökhan VI of Tibet

Nestorian Tibet

Kazakah
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 28, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kazakah » Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:16 pm

Zhongnanhai, Beijing, China
Hundreds of miles away from a newly joyous Tibet, in the centre of Beijing, an angry fist slams on a polished oaken desk. In the dim light of the office, Shao Jin could barely see the President's eyes, but he could feel the anger radiating off of him like a hot stove.
"When the hell did this happen?!", thundered the President, "How the hell did this happen?!"
Jin brushes what little remains of his hair from his sweaty brow before speaking, "S-s-sir, p-perhaps, the T-tibetans had help, th-they must've. There's n-no other way they could have that kind of technology. Perhaps the Amer-"
"That's not what I mean, Mr. Shao..." interrupted the President.
"P-pardon, Sir" stammered Jin.
"Your team was supposed to have the technology ready a month ago."
"Its b-been extremely difficult, Sir. We don't have the resources we need. With the new tariffs, and the rebellion up north-" said Jin.
"Enough.", proclaimed the President, "I'm not looking for excuses, I'm looking for results. And you, Mr. Shao, have failed to bring me those results. You are to be replaced and executed."
"Executed!?" squealed Jin, "B-but Sir, I promise, I can get you results. The team, w-we'll work harder! I Promise you sir, I promise!"
"No," sighed the President, "You are a liability, and liabilities must be cut out. China will get to Mars, no matter the cost. Guards, take him away."
Last edited by Kazakah on Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:30 pm, edited 5 times in total.
✸ THE EMPIRE OF KAZAKAH ✸
Ulhadyy Kazakah!

Nestorian Tibet
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Nestorian Tibet » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:06 pm

[]Imperial Aerospace Commission Headquarters, Jangtang Prefecture[]

Maj. General Palden Zhang, director of the Tibetan Mars Mission, watched across the airfield at the forty-eight astronaut hopefuls, each man and woman having trained for ten months so that they might be selected to join the first manned flight to Mars. 'If I weren't their commanding officer, I'd kiss them all', he thought to himself. He then spoke, "As of today, you have all proven your strength and wit. I couldn't be any more proud of you," he paused, "however, only sixteen of you will become astronauts today, which means that today's exercise will be your final exam." He watched as several of the astronaut candidates broke out into cold sweats or turned their gaze to the ground, and gave a small smile. "Today, you'll pilot a simulated version of the spacecraft we designed especially for this mission. Your goal is to fly all the way to the designated landing sight and land the craft through randomized unpredictable conditions. The two top teams in today's exercise will become astronauts, and in two months they will embark on the first manned mission to Mars. Any questions?" He scanned the field and saw that, as he taught them, no one raised their hands. "Good. Now go to the flight lab and prepare for your simulation."
Last edited by Nestorian Tibet on Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
God be with You,

Nestorian Tibet

Ojima
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 09, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Ojima » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:51 pm

Ojima National Air and Space Administration (ONASA)

Imperial Palace, Nankyo, Ojima

Emperor Ryoma sat behind his desk considering the new information. According to the messenger before him, Jo Suzuki, the Tibetans were preparing to create the first Mars colony. The Emperor chuckled, "This sounds like something out of that old American soap opera, Star Trek." Suzuki hesitated for a moment, then replied, "It might sound absurd to you, my lord, but they just announced over Tibetan media that this is true." Ryoma reclined in his chair, considering his next response, the replied, "So if my old friend is sending men to Mars, how about I give him a friendly competition?" "My lord?", asked Jo. The Emperor then said, "I'll make an official proclamation of our intentions to send a team of astronauts to Mars. Send the directorate of ONASA a red letter giving them permission to requesition the aid of any and all companies in our country to prepare for our first Mars Voyage."
The attendant bowed. "Yes, my lord," then he exited the Emperor's office.

Romanov Alyaska
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 24, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Romanov Alyaska » Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:03 pm

"Orthodox Alaska ENG" YouTube Channel

April 11th Update: Mission to Mars?

Patriarch Abram I: "Good evening, brethren. I'm sure you've heard by now that Tibet is going to put a man on Mars. Isn't that exciting! Who would've thought that a poor, landlocked nation flanked on all sides by expansionists and heathens would one day lead us into the new Space Race? For viewers in Alaska, you may have also heard that the Council of Ministers and the Tsar are going to make an official statement tomorrow on whether they'll be throwing their hat in. Now I can't say too much on the matter, but I can promise you that tomorrow's episode will be a live-stream from the Imperial Square at the Kenai Palace. We'll post a subtitled version of the livestream for each of our foreign language channels afterward, so stay tuned for our next update. And remember, Christ loves you, always!"

Imperial Anahuac
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Anahuac » Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:22 pm

Far across the ocean from Tibet in Mexico City, President Lopez Obrador was watching the news with glee. "I know how we'll take down the cartels," he announced to the others gathered in the meeting room, "The money we invest in for a Mars Mission would give us access to better technology than the drug lords have at their disposal. So we'll play Tibet's game as well."
"But sir," protested Mendieta, Administrator of the Mexican Space Agency, "Our agency has never actually sent a man into space." The President considered this for a moment, then replied, "We'll contact the White House and start a joint venture with the Americans." An advisor then said, "But President Trump has been at odds with our country. Unless we can take control of the border situation, he won't agree to this." The Mexican President considered this, then responded, "I'll explain the situation and see what kind of a deal I can make with him. He may be eccentric, but he's no fool."

Nestorian Tibet
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Nestorian Tibet » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:09 pm

[]Imperial Aerospace Commission Headquarters, Jangtang Prefecture

As the astronaut candidates piloted the simulators, Dr. Sangyal Rimshi watched the camera feed of the various teams and monitored their reacions closely. "That team has come the furthest," said Palden Zhang from his right. "Which one," replied the scientist. Zhang pointed to the monitor marked 'Team 4'. "Ah, yes, the misfits," said Dr. Rimshi, "a Christian Monk, a Buddhist, a Jock, and a Cheerleader. Sounds like the start of a joke, doesn't it?" the Maj. General laughed, then replied, "So it does, and their teamwork was the punchline. And yet here they are, outperforming the other teams." Dr. Rimshi sat back in his chair. "And here I thought Team 7 was your favorite." The Maj. General look at the scientest and responded, "You know I have to root for Team 7, because they're Airforce boys." Sangyal laughed. "Right, your people!" They both laughed, then Palden said, "I'm going to pay the shuttle team a visit." the Scientist replied, "Ah, a surprise inspection. Don't get lost on the way over, I've heard that the last blizzard of Spring is supposed to be passing through in a few minutes." Sangyal waved, and said, "Don't worry. I've seen worse." He then left through the flight lab door. Dr. Rimshi turned his attention back to the monitors. 'I'm serious, Sangyal. I've seen good men freeze to death two feet away from their own front door,' he thought, frowning.
Last edited by Nestorian Tibet on Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
God be with You,

Nestorian Tibet

Ojima
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Ojima » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:18 pm

National Diet Hall, Nankyo, Ojima

The young Emperor stood before the National Diet. He could see the media at the corner of his vision, eagerly awaiting the words of the monarch. With a smile, he spoke into the microphone, saying, "Ladies and Gentlemen of the National Diet, I am certain that you have recently heard of Tibet's claim that they shall reach Mars. It's a wonderful thing our Himilayan friends have set out to achieve. However," He could feel all eyes on him in that moment, "I have decided on this day to proclaim that we too shall send a man to Mars." The Diet Hall erupted into a cacophony of shouts and cheers.
Last edited by Ojima on Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The United States of Nuclear Weapons
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 31, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The United States of Nuclear Weapons » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:24 am

U.S. White House:
Newly elected President Phil Micheal:
"Uhm...yes...yes...We understand. We wish to make an alliance to provide spacecraft to you, for peace with you. I say the treaty should be called the USMST, or the United States and Mexican Space Treaty...yes, thank you very much..."

Meanwhile, at NASA:
"Sir, intelligence is telling us that in half a year, the U.S. would have the easiest time sending a mission to mars."
" Humph, Ok, so prepare Mission Twilight 1 for Mars. Also ask the President to employ spies so the mission doesn't get out to the public or other countries... "
"Ok. By the way... The sun is set to give off a solar flare on 2024. Some scientists are worried it will knock out electricity for a year..."
" Ok. Find a type of power that makes electricity that is immune to the radiation. "
"Yes sir."

Romanov Alyaska
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Romanov Alyaska » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:43 am

Channel 5 News

President Rudov Declares, "Alaska is going to Mars!"

Simon Koval: Good afternoon, my name is Simon Koval and just this morning at the Kenai Palace Easter Service President Mikhail Rudov declared that the Council of Ministers has voted in favor of sending a manned mission to Mars just one day after Tibet also declared its intention to send their own team to the Red Planet. Present also at this meeting was the Tsar himself, Nikolai III, and the Alaskan Patriarch and popular YouTuber Abram I. This looks like the beginning of a Second Space Race as other countries like China and Ojima have both declared that they'll put a man on Mars as well. We'll have more information available on tonight's broadcast.
Last edited by Romanov Alyaska on Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nestorian Tibet
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Nestorian Tibet » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:20 am

[]Imperial Aerospace Comission Headquarters, Jangtang Prefecture

Maj. General Palden Zhang stood before the astronaut hopefuls once more, sixteen among them not knowing they have already made the final cut. "Before I assemble our final Mars Mission team, I would like to congratulate all of you on your performance these past ten months. A hundred of you came here, but only forty-eight of you remain. However, only a few of you will be sent on this first mission. Please step forward when I call your team number." He scanned over the list in his hands and in an instant his eyes lit up. "Team 4. Team 7. Team 12. Team 9." Each team stepped forward, sixteen brave men and women in total. "As of today you have all become astronauts," he said as he handed each of them a badge with each of their designated ranks, "You will receive your official assignment in the next hour." He then turned to the crowd once more. "As for the rest of you, you will be able to return to your homes tomorrow. You will be on standby in the event of a follow-up mission. Congratulations, and Godspeed."
God be with You,

Nestorian Tibet

Kazakah
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kazakah » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:29 am

China National Space Academy, Beijing, China
Lin Tai was very excited, probably the most excited she'd been since she was first accepted into the Academy. The opportunity she'd had just been given, it was more than the opportunity of a lifetime, it was the opportunity of the century. All of those long, hard hours spend studying and training and giving it her best for the past 12 months, it had finally payed off. Tai was going to lead China into its next Golden Age, she was going to make history, literal history. I'll probably to shake hands with the President! I'll be on national TV! Oh, Dad will be so proud! I can't believe I was chosen! I get to go to Mars, I actually get to go to-
"Cadet. Cadet.", the stern voice of Maj. Yin interrupts her daze, "You may be graduating in a week, Cadet, but until then I am still your commanding officer, understood?"
"Yes sir." Tai reponds.Ugh, I can't wait for him to be gone. He won't be flying to Mars, that's for sure.
"Good. Now, the fourteen of you standing here are to head down to [CLASSIFIED]. There you will meet with Dr. Zhou Gengxin, the new head of Project Red Planet. He will instruct you from there."

Zhongnanhai, Beijing, China
"You are sure of this, Dr. Zhou?", said the President
A man with a thin face, wearing a dark suit of fine fabric responds "Absolutely, I have the most promising and intelligent crop of cadets for this mission."
"Very good, and who do you think is best suited to lead the mission?" queried the President.
"Cadet Lin Tai, Sir", Dr. Zhou slid a paper file across the desk, "She shows much promise and, her ambition is...stunning."
"It says here her father was an astronaut with us, very interesting." mused the President, "So, all is in order then?"
"Everything sir." replied Dr. Zhou
"Excellent, Mr Ling its time to tell the world that China will soon be on the Red Planet."
Last edited by Kazakah on Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Ulhadyy Kazakah!

Nestorian Tibet
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Nestorian Tibet » Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:10 pm

[]Potala Palace, Lhasa, Tibet

President Khando Nepali was admiring the ancient mural of Jesus' sermon on the mount when a voice called out to him. "Mr. President, I have urgent news!" He looked to his left to find Pema Lang, his new secretary, practically jogging down the hallway. "Ms. Lang! What new do you have for me today?" he asked mirthfully. She stopped three feet from Khando, then opened the binder in her right arm. "First, here's the list of graduates from our Jangtang School," she said, careful not to reveal the location of their Space Program facility to unfriendly ears. The Tibetan President took the file and read read the names of the new astronauts. "All couples, huh? I mean, except for the two monks there. Funny that one's a Tenzinite and the other's a Buddhist, don't you think?" Pema cast her eyes down. "A little," she said, then looked up again.
"I've also got news. Our Intelligence indicates that the Chinese have begun working on their own Mars Project." Khando suddenly frowned. "Are you sure?" Pema nodded. Khando continued, "Keep eyes and ears on their progress, and tighten security in our own facilities. I don't want to hear about a Chinese Company patenting our technology, nor anything about sabotage." "Yes sir," said the secretary. Pema bowed, then turned to walk back down the hallway.
Last edited by Nestorian Tibet on Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
God be with You,

Nestorian Tibet

Kazakah
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kazakah » Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:58 pm

Undisclosed Location
Far, far underground in the middle of Beijing a group of uniformed men were waiting. Waiting for the response of their leader, the glorious President of China and General Secretary of the Communist Party. But, the President was deep in thought, these last few months had not been easy. He couldn't afford to make mistakes, he also couldn't afford losing the respect of the people sitting around him.
"Fine then. Mr. Ling, get me on the phone with the President of Mexico. We'll give him an offer he can't refuse. Complete extermination of the drug cartels in exchange for their partnership. Tell him the truth, tell them they need a stronger ally then that feeble-minded, stuttering dolt, Phil Micheal."
Ulhadyy Kazakah!

Ojima
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Ojima » Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:40 pm

ONASA Headquarters, Sunagawa, Hokubu Province

Cpl. Kosuke Inaba was patrolling the main road to ONASA Headquarters when he saw the black car driving in. He had almost thought it was a mirage from the desert heat, but it the vehicle was indeed there. He raised his hand, and as son as the car stopped he walked to the driver's window. He motioned to the driver, who rolled down his window, and said, "Good afternoon. Can I see an identification?" The driver complied, then responded, "And my passenger?" Cpl. Inaba checked the next window, which rolled down to reveal the Emperor in uniform. Inaba stumbled a moment, then said as he saluted, "Your majesty!"He continued, "Forgive me, I was only guarding the road as ordered." The Emperor grinned. "At ease, Corporal," he said, and Inaba dropped his arm. "Tell your superior officer that the inspector has arrived," said the Emperor. "As you command, my lord. You're free to approach the complex," replied Inaba. "Thank you, Corporal," the Emperor finished, then rolled up his window. As the black car continued up the road, Inaba contacted his superior officer and told him that the inspector arrived.
________________________________________________________________________________________

Director Fujio Domon watched from his window as a new thruster was being tested in the lab when he received a call from his secretary, Shiori Aino. "Mr. Domon, the inspector is here." He pressed a button on his desk, and said, "Send him in." The automatic doors opened, and the director nearly jumped from his chair. "Your majesty," he spoke, bowing, "I didn't know you'd be today's inspector." The Emperor replied, "I like to make surprise visits like these, Director Domon, so that I may see for myself that the country's inner workings are in harmony." Domon found the Emperor's choice of words strange. 'I suppose that being royalty means he needs to talk like royalty,' he thought to himself. " I can show you around the complex," he started, "show you that everything's in order." "And I'm glad to accept your tour," replied the Emperor. "Shall we begin?" Domon nearly swallowed, not wanting to disappoint his liege. "Of course, my lord. We can start with the astronaut program."

Imperial Anahuac
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Anahuac » Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:51 pm

Presidential Palace, Mexico City, Mexico

The Mexican President sat watching an old episode of "Orthodox Alaska ESP" in his office when the phone rang. He picked up the phone and answered, "This is the office of the Mexican President. Who is this?" A voiced on the other end answered, "Hello, Obrador, this is Xi Jinping speaking." Lopez Obrador tensed as he sat up. "Oh? And what brings you to this line?" The CCP Chairman answered, "How would you like to be rid of the Cartels?"

Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The United States of Nuclear Weapons » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:19 pm

Nasa Headquarters:
"Sir, want me to bring you the participants?"
" Yes... "
"COME ON IN!" the darkened out member yelled, knowing that they weren't being recorded due to being 600 feet down and having 20 feet wide walls.
As the door opened, twelve teams of 3 males and females walked in.
"These are the astronauts we got for this. They are all related to a higher-up in the army, or are their significant other. They were not told of their chosen job until they were here. The first two will be used for tests and will be brought back to their families after the project, while the rest will go to Mars."
" That sounds good. About the solar flare, what have you done for it? "
"We've discovered that a way to stop interference can be made, but only by getting to Mars."
" What do you mean? "
"There is some reverse polarization in a mix of Mars' polar ice. But to harvest it, we need to get to Mars, because our rovers mess up the polarity."
" Ok. Get to that as soon as possible... "
"Yes sir..."

Meanwhile at the White House:
"How could you do this to me? I'm the President!" Phil Michael yells.
"We chose this unanimously...Nasa chose this..."
" Ok, but you're half a month in, and didn't tell me! "
"We can admit that, but it was so classified, even the President wasn't obliged to know."
" Ok, but we need help... I have an idea! But what I want you to do is contact the Minister of Defense, and send the army to take out the crime rings, whilst supplying Mexico with arms and spacecraft... "
"Yes sir!" The man runs off to speak to the Minister of Defense, while the President looks around to make sure no one is around and closes the door. He goes to the secure phone on the table and laptop. He does a search, and gets ready. He starts to dial a number, and then says, "Ma'am, can I speak with Mr. Musk?"

Romanov Alyaska
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Romanov Alyaska » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:30 pm

Site 5, Alaskan Wilderness
Vadim Antonov stood at attention before Colonel Gagolin, who was debriefing the assembled Spetsnaz operators. "This program isn't all about the cosmonauts," he barked, "it's about all about the men who give their time, their efforts, and even their lives to make this dream a reality." 'Then what's our duty?', he thought. "Your duty for the next seven months is to keep our secrets from being leaked or sold to Alaska's enemies and rivals, and to prevent saboteurs from damaging and disrupting our operations. So be on the lookout for anyone who might be acting strange, or strange mistresses around our staff. Any questions?" Behind Vadim, Lukyan asked, "Sir! Who should we keep the closest eye on?" Vadim thought he would surely be punished for such a stuid question, but then the Colonel responded, "Keep constant tabs on the upper staff. They'll be the first targets for enemy honey traps. Anything else?" When no one else spoke, Colonel Gagolin spoke, "You are dismissed!"

Imperial Anahuac
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Anahuac » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:22 pm

Imperial Anahuac wrote:Presidential Palace, Mexico City, Mexico

The Mexican President sat watching an old episode of "Orthodox Alaska ESP" in his office when the phone rang. He picked up the phone and answered, "This is the office of the Mexican President. Who is this?" A voiced on the other end answered, "Hello, Obrador, this is Xi Jinping speaking." Lopez Obrador tensed as he sat up. "Oh? And what brings you to this line?" The CCP Chairman answered, "How would you like to be rid of the Cartels?"

Later...

The Mexican President considered his options. On one hand, China was a dangerous superpower that few nations could stand a chance against. They could lift Mexico out of their current crisis and make him a very powerful man, but on the other hand if he refused their offer they could just increase the flow of narcotics into Mexico through their black market and take absolute power through the cartels.
But Andres also knew that the Americans could just as easily ruin him if he made the wrong choice. By enforcing martial law along the border and enacting embargos, they could destroy Mexico's fragile economy. In this way the cartels would have the incentive to outright take over the government with Chinese support, and that would give the Americans the justification to invade Mexico and begin decades of disastrous regime change wars, assuming that the Chinese would go back on their word. Between the eccentric American President and the Chinese Chairman, it was a matter of whose word he could trust.
In an instant he made up his mind, then picked up the phone and called his secretary. "Get me on the phone with the White House. And tell them that Winnie the Pooh was on the phone line earlier." "Yes sir, Senor President," a male voice replied.

OOC: For anyone who doesn't know, Winnie the Pooh is a nickname for Xi Jinping because he looks like everyone's favorite Silly Old Bear.

Romanov Alyaska
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Romanov Alyaska » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:47 am

Site 5, Alaskan Wilderness
Dr. Fyodor Rudenko watched as the new thruster system transitioned almost seamlessly across the side of the hull of the test shuttle. "So how does this work in space, Dr. Rudenko?", asked Colonel Ivan Gagolin to his right. The scientist replied, "Each of the side vents is an alternate path for the thrusters, giving our Mars shuttle a wider range of motion without the need of additional engines." The Colonel nodded. "And how expensive is this system?" Rudenko scoffed. "We're working on miniaturizing several systems within the larger system to reduce the cost on materials, but the current prototype should be cheaper than the old system on American and Russian shuttles."
Gagolin lit his pipe, then said, "Keep this innovation under wraps, and make sure to limit who has access to any of these thrusters." "We're already on it," replied Dr. Rudenko.

Kenai Palace, Kenai, Alaska
Tsar Nikolai III sat at the edge of his young son's bed. The Crown Prince, Artyom Romanov, had heard that his father was going to send Cosmonauts to another planet. He wanted a bedtime story about cosmonauts, so Nikolai decided to spin a tale about the first man on the moon. "And so Neil Armstrong, that great American, said into the microphone: 'One small step for man, one giant step for mankind'. And he planted the American flag upon the Moon." "Yaaay!", Artyom cheered and clapped for the story. Nikolai smiled at his son. The prince then asked, "hey, daddy, can I go to the Moon?" Nikolai considered this question for a second, then answered, "Maybe one day you'll be the first Tsar on the Moon." He hugged his son, then pulled the covers over him.
"Now go to sleep, all right? Little cosmonauts like you need their sleep." As if on cue, Artyom yawned and rubbed his eyes. "Goodnight, daddy." "Goodnight, Artyom," the Tsar replied. He turned out the lights as he closed the door, then made his way to small council room to meet with the President and the Prime Minister. He might only be the public face of the nation, but the government derived its power from his approval, so the Head of Government needed to discuss policy with him. He found the door he was looking for and entered the room, finding several men already gathered for tonight's meeting. "Good evening gentlemen," said the Tsar, as he closed the door behind him.

Kazakah
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kazakah » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:14 am

Kazakah wrote:
Undisclosed Location
Far, far underground in the middle of Beijing a group of uniformed men were waiting. Waiting for the response of their leader, the glorious President of China and General Secretary of the Communist Party. But, the President was deep in thought, these last few months had not been easy. He couldn't afford to make mistakes, he also couldn't afford losing the respect of the people sitting around him.
"Fine then. Mr. Ling, get me on the phone with the President of Mexico. We'll give him an offer he can't refuse. Complete extermination of the drug cartels in exchange for their partnership. Tell him the truth, tell them they need a stronger ally then that feeble-minded, stuttering dolt, Phil Micheal."

Imperial Anahuac wrote:
Imperial Anahuac wrote:Presidential Palace, Mexico City, Mexico

Later...

The Mexican President considered his options. On one hand, China was a dangerous superpower that few nations could stand a chance against. They could lift Mexico out of their current crisis and make him a very powerful man, but on the other hand if he refused their offer they could just increase the flow of narcotics into Mexico through their black market and take absolute power through the cartels.
But Andres also knew that the Americans could just as easily ruin him if he made the wrong choice. By enforcing martial law along the border and enacting embargos, they could destroy Mexico's fragile economy. In this way the cartels would have the incentive to outright take over the government with Chinese support, and that would give the Americans the justification to invade Mexico and begin decades of disastrous regime change wars, assuming that the Chinese would go back on their word. Between the eccentric American President and the Chinese Chairman, it was a matter of whose word he could trust.
In an instant he made up his mind, then picked up the phone and called his secretary. "Get me on the phone with the White House. And tell them that Winnie the Pooh was on the phone line earlier." "Yes sir, Senor President," a male voice replied.

Soon after...
The General Secretary of the CPC was once again silent and deep in thought. Well, if that's how he wants to play this game...so be it...
For years, China had worked tirelessly to destroy the West, and in particular, the USA. Part of that fight involved huge factories in the centre of China, constantly churning out opioids. They had learned that trick from the British. From the China, those drugs would be shipped across the Pacific to America, Alaska, Canada, down south to Mexico. All in a slow, grinding effort to destroy Western stability.
And then he called to the room sitting before him, "Think, my friends, Obrador may be the President of Mexico. But who holds the real influence?" as he paused for dramatic affect.
A female intern spoke up, "The Cartels."
The President smiled, the intern was observant for her age, "Exactly. From now on production of weapons, opioids, whatever the drug lords need, will be be increased by 150%. With this, we can weaken Mexican-American relations. Perhaps we'll stir up some trouble..."

FYI in this RP Xi " Winnie the Pooh" Jinping is no longer the President of China. He died about 10 months before...
Ulhadyy Kazakah!

Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The United States of Nuclear Weapons » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:47 am

White House:
"Hello...Yes, we'd like to help you in the cartel crisis...oh, that's unfortunate...wait, China reached out to you? OK, we will help you with that...If we can agree, I shall send part of the Navy and Coast Guard to extremely lower drug smuggling, and the Army will be able to arrest cartel leaders, if they surrender, of course. If they don't, I think you know what will happen. By the way, we will impose sanctions on China, due to reported increased opiod creation. If what our spies are saying is true, we may have to close borders with China. I will have a higher risk warning on China posted, but until we see photo evidence, we will just patrol the mainland of North and South America. Until then, I hope this helps fix the cartel crisis."
Meanwhile at NASA:
"OK trainees, we're going to have to make you experience the Mars atmosphere as much as we can currently. With the technology we currently have a hub, spacesuits, some rovers, and a return rocket that will all be sent to Mars, the last of course for emergencies. We will teach you here what to do in your everyday life, and what to do in some emergencies..."
Two of the candidates become infatuated at this point, just staring at each other intensely.
"Hey! wake up! Pay attention. This is a secret mission on Mars, where anything could go wrong."
The two become surprised and stare and listen to the instructor. The instructor finishes his lecture, and sends them to their rooms to prepare them for a day of strenuous workouts.

Imperial Anahuac
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Anahuac » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:54 am

Presidential Palace, Mexico City
Th was President was having a particularly bad day. Seemingly in the span of a day or two, the Cartels had gained access to tanks, missiles, and artillery. He knew that siding either with America or China was a risk, he just hoped that he made the right choice in sticking with his neighbor. He knew that many of his nation's citizens were more frightened than ever, which is why he needed to address them directly. "Senor President, the press is here." He looked up to see his secretary, Felipe Moreno, and said, "Lets not keep them waiting." He stood from his chair and entered the balcony.

Azteca Uno News

President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador: "My fellow Mexicans, my brothers and sisters, I'm certain you've already heard about the growing might of the Cartels. We're living in times of unprecedented peril, where our nation could collapse into anarchy, into rule by the strongest and the most wicked, where the common man is told he can live as he pleases, but in truth can only live as the local warlord tells him to. My fellow Mexicans, this cannot, this will not be. Our ancestors built great cities from dreary marshland, conquered empires, defeated the Spanish colonial government, and endured the horrors of war. I dare to say that we are cut from the same cloth as them, and that we have the same spirit of endurance as our Aztec and Spanish forefathers. So have faith, for we will bring an end to the Cartels and the Narcos, and for those living under their oppression, we have not forgotten you. In the name of our Savior, Jesus Christ, we will take back our country, and make Mexico great again!"

Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The United States of Nuclear Weapons » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:07 pm

White House:
"It seems we aren't doing so well in the battle in the cartels or in space. I think it's time." The President announced.
" What do you mean? " His cabinet asked.
"It's time for Operation 1969-B6." He announced after making sure no one else was there, or was wiretapped.
" Sir, half of us don't know the existence of it, and the rest don't know it's premise. "
"It's ok. Look at the files in this folder, and it will become clear."
After the cabinet looks through the folder, they become uneasy.
" Sir, the first parts seem ethical, but the later could cause war. "
"We'll just have to take that risk, or the entire world would fall into chaos."
" Ok sir, but how do we implement this? We can't make all that with our current factories. "
"I've got that covered from some help...now just take your portion, and run this into action. And hey... Increase the count of legal mercenaries to twelve thousand."

Meanwhile at NASA:
"There seems to be more people joining the race for Mars. We need to make better ships to make sure we meet our deadline!"
" Don't worry. The President has made a classified operation to do two things: win the space race, and get rid of cartels in Mexico. "
"How's that?"
" I don't know. Only the President and a private party know it's exact content. He even gave the cabinet a version with some blackout. "
"Wow. Well, anyway, the candidates are doing well. There are two that seem to be slacking a bit, though. What do you recommend I do?"
" Have them do an after-course to make sure they were truly learning how to survive. Also, what do we need specifically for reverse-polarization? "
"We need ice from Mars' poles, and some cooled Lava from one of Mars' volcanoes."
" Ok. Teach the candidates about this, and have a talk with the governor of Cuba. "
"Why?"
" Construction of a 'Missle Launch Base'"
"Wha-oh! Ok! On it sir!"

On unrelated news: Tesla has chosen to join the Aircraft industry primarily

Nestorian Tibet
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Nestorian Tibet » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:10 pm

[]Imperial Aerospace Comission Headquarters, Jangtang Prefecture

To say that Palo was happy about his appointment as an astronaut was an understatement. He was excited, thrilled even, that he would get the chance to live out his childhood fantasy. He could see a mix of this with some degree of fear in his teammates Seman and Thubten, and his wife Sherap seemed just as joyous as he did. "To think that we'll be the first people to walk on another planet," she began, "it's like we're in one of the old stories." Palo smiled heartily, then said, "the history books will be talking about this for centuries to come. That much is certain."
"That is, if we get to Mars," interrupted Seman, the Tenzinite Monk, "but I do believe, Christ willing, that we'll reach this New World." Then Thubten, the Buddhist Monk, said, "Your Jesus must be mighty if he can see us through this journey." Seman laughed, then replied, "My Buddhist friend, you're talking about the l same Jesus who rose from the dead! I don't think that anything's impossible for him..." Seman got quiet in that moment. Palo looked up and saw Maj. General Palden Zhang standing at the edge of the catwalk. He and the other astronauts saluted the General before he said anything, then he spoke, "At ease, astronauts." They all lowered their hands and Maj. General Zhang continued, " Today, you'll recieve your official assignments. Seman, you are the Chaplain. Palo Sakya, you are the captain. Thubten, you are the second engineer. Sherap Sakya, you are the navigator. Any questions?" When no one answered, he continued, "Good. I'll give you a full list of crew assignments and duties tonight. For now, report to the Helicopter landing pad for training." "Yes sir!", the astronauts shouted.
God be with You,

Nestorian Tibet

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents