NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Repeal: “Condemn The Black Hawks”

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
User avatar
ShrewLlamaLand
Diplomat
 
Posts: 714
Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

[DRAFT] Repeal: “Condemn The Black Hawks”

Postby ShrewLlamaLand » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:50 pm

I have decided to refocus my Condemn TBH repeal attempt on SC#52 at first, given a repeal of this older proposal seems more popular among NSGP.

I note that, regardless of whether you believe TBH deserves a condemnation or not, SC#217 much better details TBH's "achievements", and a single condemn is apparently sufficient for every other nation/region condemned in the history of the Security Council.

The Security Council,

Recognising that SC#52 was originally passed with the intention of demonstrating the vile nature of The Black Hawks' raiding operations to world;

Noting, however, that the region has seen a recent decrease in the severity of their actions;

Realising that The Black Hawks has failed to successfully conduct any major raiding operations as of late;

Disputing the claim that The Black Hawks is an aggressive raiding organisation; acknowledging the region has displayed a recent decrease in their needless aggression;

Observing that the region's few recent occupations have been quasi-raids, resulting in the targeted region eventually being returned the control of natives;

Insisting that The Black Hawks' recent actions have only served to demonstrate the relatively harmless nature of the region;

Believing that SC#52 could potentially mislead nations into percieving The Black Hawks as a threat to international security;

Hereby repeals SC#52: “Condemn The Black Hawks”.


Note that this targets SC#52, the older of the two "Condemn The Black Hawks" resolutions.

The Security Council,

Acknowledging The Black Hawks as one of the most powerful raiding organisations in NationStates;

Recognising that this resolution was originally passed with the intention of condemning The Black Hawks for their vile acts;

Noting, however, that this condemnation is generally considered a "badge of honour" by those within the region;

Presuming the Security Council's rejection of raiding principles, symbolised by the recent election of a defender nation as WA Secretary-General;

Believing that raiding organisations do not deserve such recognition from this august body;

Hereby repeals SC#52: “Condemn The Black Hawks”.
Last edited by ShrewLlamaLand on Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:11 pm, edited 5 times in total.
ShrewLlamaLand
Confederation of Corrupt Dictators | WA Delegate + Lord of Loathing

"The flag once raised will never fall!"

User avatar
Bhang Bhang Duc
Minister
 
Posts: 2189
Founded: Dec 17, 2003
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bhang Bhang Duc » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:28 pm

Didn’t like Souls’ jokes in the CCD thread in Gameplay eh? You are really getting petty.

Also how does this repeal address the items raised in the original Condemnation, because I’m not seeing it.
Last edited by Bhang Bhang Duc on Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Former Delegate and Guardian of The West Pacific. TWP's Former Minister for World Assembly Affairs

The West Pacific's Official Welshman, Astronomer and Old Fart

Pierconium wrote:I see Funk as an opportunistic manipulator that utilises the means available to him to reach his goals. In other words, a nation after my own heart.

User avatar
ShrewLlamaLand
Diplomat
 
Posts: 714
Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby ShrewLlamaLand » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:38 pm

Bhang Bhang Duc wrote:Didn’t like Souls’ jokes in the CCD thread in Gameplay eh? You are really getting petty.

I don't like raiders. I've had this one on my list for a long time.

Bhang Bhang Duc wrote:Also how does this repeal address the items raised in the original Condemnation, because I’m not seeing it.

It does not necessarily need to.

From the mod rulings sticky:
"A Commendation or Condemnation is an expression of opinion by the WA. Repealing it is saying that the WA has changed its mind. You should therefore give reasons for the change of mind. These may include matters that have come to light or changed since the original resolution."

This repeal addresses the fact that TBH sees their two condemnations as badges of honour.
ShrewLlamaLand
Confederation of Corrupt Dictators | WA Delegate + Lord of Loathing

"The flag once raised will never fall!"

User avatar
Praeceps
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 361
Founded: Feb 08, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Praeceps » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:41 pm

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:
Bhang Bhang Duc wrote:Didn’t like Souls’ jokes in the CCD thread in Gameplay eh? You are really getting petty.

I don't like raiders. I've had this one on my list for a long time.

...

Hasn't the CCD raided...? Or at least attempted to.
Apparently simultaneously a Ravenclaw puppet, a NPO plant, and a Warden spy. I had no idea I was that good. Depending on who you ask, my aliases include Krulltopia.

Guildmaster of The North Pacific Cards Guild

User avatar
Yokiria
Diplomat
 
Posts: 601
Founded: Jan 24, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Yokiria » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:48 pm

I'm going to completely put aside who it is authoring this, and just say... It's not a bad idea, and it's also not bad for a first draft.

Because of how unpopular this author is in the Security Council, though, I don't think they really have a chance with this.
~ And if you go,
Former Guardian of Osiris

I want to go with you,
and if you die...
This nation's views do not necessarily reflect the views of the player.

I want to die with you.~

User avatar
ShrewLlamaLand
Diplomat
 
Posts: 714
Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby ShrewLlamaLand » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:50 pm

Praeceps wrote:
ShrewLlamaLand wrote:I don't like raiders. I've had this one on my list for a long time.

...

Hasn't the CCD raided...? Or at least attempted to.

Full disclosure: yes, we did have a small raiding force in the past, but this was primarily used for defending our allies from various attacks.

We do not currently have an active raiding force.
ShrewLlamaLand
Confederation of Corrupt Dictators | WA Delegate + Lord of Loathing

"The flag once raised will never fall!"

User avatar
Gorundu
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 164
Founded: May 02, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Gorundu » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:52 pm

Yokiria wrote:I'm going to completely put aside who it is authoring this, and just say... It's not a bad idea, and it's also not bad for a first draft.

Because of how unpopular this author is in the Security Council, though, I don't think they really have a chance with this.

Looks like the thinly disguised victim complex has claimed its first victim.
Minister of World Assembly Affairs of The North Pacific
Posts do not represent my region's views unless stated otherwise.

User avatar
Honeydewistania
Diplomat
 
Posts: 513
Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Honeydewistania » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:13 am

The point of a condemnation is to provide recognition for their horrendous deeds. That’s the point. If what you say is true, the WA should remove condemning outright.
Honeydewistania

Regional Military Director of Lazarus
The MT Army Warrior
Biggest acheivement: Spelling

User avatar
Bhang Bhang Duc
Minister
 
Posts: 2189
Founded: Dec 17, 2003
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bhang Bhang Duc » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:44 am

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:
Bhang Bhang Duc wrote:Also how does this repeal address the items raised in the original Condemnation, because I’m not seeing it.

It does not necessarily need to.

From the mod rulings sticky:
"A Commendation or Condemnation is an expression of opinion by the WA. Repealing it is saying that the WA has changed its mind. You should therefore give reasons for the change of mind. These may include matters that have come to light or changed since the original resolution."

This repeal addresses the fact that TBH sees their two condemnations as badges of honour.


Let’s quote the full sticky.

Repeals: A REPEAL of a C&C should address the contents of the C&C in question. However, a repeal that consists of nothing but a negative of the original -- eg, Commend X because he is a good guy, Repeal Commend X because he is NOT a good guy -- may be deleted on the grounds that the SC already discussed this in the original debate. (cf "I don't like this" being forbidden in GA Repeal arguments.)

A Commendation or Condemnation is an expression of opinion by the WA. Repealing it is saying that the WA has changed its mind. You should therefore give reasons for the change of mind. These may include matters that have come to light or changed since the original resolution. See further discussion here.


So, to repeat my question, how does this draft address the contents of the Condemnation?
Former Delegate and Guardian of The West Pacific. TWP's Former Minister for World Assembly Affairs

The West Pacific's Official Welshman, Astronomer and Old Fart

Pierconium wrote:I see Funk as an opportunistic manipulator that utilises the means available to him to reach his goals. In other words, a nation after my own heart.

User avatar
Kuriko
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1143
Founded: Oct 31, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kuriko » Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:57 am

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:
Praeceps wrote:...

Hasn't the CCD raided...? Or at least attempted to.

Full disclosure: yes, we did have a small raiding force in the past, but this was primarily used for defending our allies from various attacks.

We do not currently have an active raiding force.

I call bullshit on the bolded part. Boston wasn't an ally of your "Chrome Company", neither are the other regions you invaded.
WA Secretary-General
Delegate of the 10000 Islands
Registrar-General and Chief of Staff of the 10000 Islands
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Former TITO Tactical Officer
Former Commander of TGW, UDSAF, and FORGE
Proud founder of The Hole To Hide In
Person behind the Regional Officer resignation button
Person behind the Offsite Chat tag and the Jump Point tag
WA Character limit increase to 5,000 characters

User avatar
Kyundao
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 49
Founded: Jan 02, 2020
Corporate Police State

Postby Kyundao » Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:06 am

Kuriko wrote:
ShrewLlamaLand wrote:Full disclosure: yes, we did have a small raiding force in the past, but this was primarily used for defending our allies from various attacks.

We do not currently have an active raiding force.

I call bullshit on the bolded part. Boston wasn't an ally of your "Chrome Company", neither are the other regions you invaded.


Plus they tried to conquer the North Pacific and humiliatingly failed.

User avatar
ShrewLlamaLand
Diplomat
 
Posts: 714
Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby ShrewLlamaLand » Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:12 am

Kuriko wrote:
ShrewLlamaLand wrote:Full disclosure: yes, we did have a small raiding force in the past, but this was primarily used for defending our allies from various attacks.

We do not currently have an active raiding force.

I call bullshit on the bolded part. Boston wasn't an ally of your "Chrome Company", neither are the other regions you invaded.

Keyword being "primarily". I'm an officer of the CCD but I'm not personally responsible for everything the region has done over the past four years.

Kyundao wrote:
Kuriko wrote:I call bullshit on the bolded part. Boston wasn't an ally of your "Chrome Company", neither are the other regions you invaded.


Plus they tried to conquer the North Pacific and humiliatingly failed.

See above. What you're referring to was not even a raid, and both nations involved are no longer a part of the CCD.

I'll add - this thread isn't about the CCD, it's about Repealing TBH's condemnation. If you really want to discuss CCD foreign policy you know where to find our gameplay thread.
ShrewLlamaLand
Confederation of Corrupt Dictators | WA Delegate + Lord of Loathing

"The flag once raised will never fall!"

User avatar
Agent Life
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 5
Founded: Dec 16, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Agent Life » Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:14 am

Kuriko wrote:I call bullshit on the bolded part. Boston wasn't an ally of your "Chrome Company", neither are the other regions you invaded.


Can safely say that we didn't ask CCD to 'defend' us when their Chrome Company decided to raid my region

User avatar
Lord Dominator
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5839
Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Lord Dominator » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:08 am

That it comes from CCD is probably largely irrelevant (except perhaps to some defenders) because most every possible permutation of this repeal has already been tried.
Dee Vytherov-Skollvaldr | Forest | TBH Major and Council Member | WA Vizier | Ambassador to the WA

User avatar
Praeceps
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 361
Founded: Feb 08, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Praeceps » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:04 am

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:
Kuriko wrote:I call bullshit on the bolded part. Boston wasn't an ally of your "Chrome Company", neither are the other regions you invaded.

Keyword being "primarily". I'm an officer of the CCD but I'm not personally responsible for everything the region has done over the past four years.

Kyundao wrote:
Plus they tried to conquer the North Pacific and humiliatingly failed.

See above. What you're referring to was not even a raid, and both nations involved are no longer a part of the CCD.

I'll add - this thread isn't about the CCD, it's about Repealing TBH's condemnation. If you really want to discuss CCD foreign policy you know where to find our gameplay thread.
A coup is just a long-term raid. And some of the nations involved are still a part of the CCD.

Hypocrisy from the author is very much relevant to this thread. :)
Apparently simultaneously a Ravenclaw puppet, a NPO plant, and a Warden spy. I had no idea I was that good. Depending on who you ask, my aliases include Krulltopia.

Guildmaster of The North Pacific Cards Guild

User avatar
Boda
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 352
Founded: Nov 14, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Boda » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:55 am

Can u not?
If you are reading this.... You are a noble member of the WA elite

User avatar
ShrewLlamaLand
Diplomat
 
Posts: 714
Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby ShrewLlamaLand » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:33 am

Praeceps wrote:
ShrewLlamaLand wrote:Keyword being "primarily". I'm an officer of the CCD but I'm not personally responsible for everything the region has done over the past four years.


See above. What you're referring to was not even a raid, and both nations involved are no longer a part of the CCD.

I'll add - this thread isn't about the CCD, it's about Repealing TBH's condemnation. If you really want to discuss CCD foreign policy you know where to find our gameplay thread.
A coup is just a long-term raid. And some of the nations involved are still a part of the CCD.

Hypocrisy from the author is very much relevant to this thread. :)

I'm not a raider. I've never even participated in a raid. I was not personally involved in either Chrome Company or the TNP coup. Again, although you can try and make out I'm somehow personally responsible for everything the CCD does, that's really not the case.

Also, because we're still talking about the CCD for some reason, the only nation that played a major part in the TNP coup and still remains within the region is Jocospor themself.

I'll respond to any further statements here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=460511
ShrewLlamaLand
Confederation of Corrupt Dictators | WA Delegate + Lord of Loathing

"The flag once raised will never fall!"

User avatar
Sedgistan
Issues Moderator
 
Posts: 28000
Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:48 am

Bhang Bhang Duc is right that you need to address the contents of the resolution you're looking to repeal. That's a fundamental enough principle that it's enshrined as Rule 2d.

(Note: this isn't a ruling on whether what you've drafted complies with Rule 2d, just emphasising that this is a requirement.)

User avatar
Lord Dominator
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5839
Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Lord Dominator » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:53 pm

Sedgistan wrote:Bhang Bhang Duc is right that you need to address the contents of the resolution you're looking to repeal. That's a fundamental enough principle that it's enshrined as Rule 2d.

(Note: this isn't a ruling on whether what you've drafted complies with Rule 2d, just emphasising that this is a requirement.)

I think we can generally say that the Noting/Presuming/Believing clauses do not address the target. To me, the question would be if the Acknowledging/Recognising clauses description of portions of the target qualify, which I lean towards not, but am not sure on.
Dee Vytherov-Skollvaldr | Forest | TBH Major and Council Member | WA Vizier | Ambassador to the WA

User avatar
The Stalker
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1188
Founded: Jan 04, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Stalker » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:56 pm

Uh no lol.

How many petty spam resolutions we gonna have to put up with?
Last edited by The Stalker on Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Mad King of Hell
I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"
Hell's Bells: Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee.
This isn't Wall Street, this is Hell. We have a little something called integrity.

User avatar
Badivermeraed
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 42
Founded: May 03, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Badivermeraed » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:21 pm

Hahahahahaha

This gave me a good laugh. Imagine CCD, repealing a condemnation. For raiding.
Bad Solvi Jörmunr-Skollvaldr, Former Minister of Intellegence in Pacifica/Thalassia (x3), Former PM of Thalassia, Former Minister of Security in Thalassia. I do things in places :)

Bad has been convicted of warcrimes in former Thalassia -Aquila

User avatar
Xoriet
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1724
Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Xoriet » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:25 pm

Look, Shrew, I know Souls hurt your feelings over the last few days, but this is truly terrible in both quality and meme value. Please just stop.
Legatus of the New Pacific Order

I am the harm that you inflict,
I am your weapons and your light.

User avatar
Praeceps
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 361
Founded: Feb 08, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Praeceps » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:45 pm

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:
Praeceps wrote:A coup is just a long-term raid. And some of the nations involved are still a part of the CCD.

Hypocrisy from the author is very much relevant to this thread. :)

I'm not a raider. I've never even participated in a raid. I was not personally involved in either Chrome Company or the TNP coup. Again, although you can try and make out I'm somehow personally responsible for everything the CCD does, that's really not the case.

Also, because we're still talking about the CCD for some reason, the only nation that played a major part in the TNP coup and still remains within the region is Jocospor themself.

I'll respond to any further statements here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=460511

I've nowhere made out that you are personally responsible for what the CCD does.

When you are the Delegate of the region in which the founder was involved in an attempted coup, expect that to be relevant when you propose a resolution denouncing those types of actions.
Apparently simultaneously a Ravenclaw puppet, a NPO plant, and a Warden spy. I had no idea I was that good. Depending on who you ask, my aliases include Krulltopia.

Guildmaster of The North Pacific Cards Guild

User avatar
ShrewLlamaLand
Diplomat
 
Posts: 714
Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby ShrewLlamaLand » Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:32 pm

Praeceps wrote:I've nowhere made out that you are personally responsible for what the CCD does.

When you are the Delegate of the region in which the founder was involved in an attempted coup, expect that to be relevant when you propose a resolution denouncing those types of actions.

If I'm not personally responsible, I don't see why you keep bringing up this old coup attempt that I was never involved in. The CCD didn't submit this proposal - I submitted this proposal.

Badivermeraed wrote:Hahahahahaha

This gave me a good laugh. Imagine CCD, repealing a condemnation. For raiding.

What exactly about this do you find funny>
ShrewLlamaLand
Confederation of Corrupt Dictators | WA Delegate + Lord of Loathing

"The flag once raised will never fall!"

User avatar
Jakker
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 2413
Founded: May 17, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Jakker » Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:33 pm

I mean if you want to give more reason to get raided when the time strikes, so be it. ;)
One Stop Rules Shop
Getting Help Request (GHR)

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Electrum

Advertisement

Remove ads