NATION

PASSWORD

Hazing/Discipline System in YN's military.

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Marsoslavia
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 25, 2020
Ex-Nation

Hazing/Discipline System in YN's military.

Postby Marsoslavia » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:19 am

In Slavic People's Army, the discipline is harsh. There are physical punishments, commanders can beat their soldiers, but they can't torture or mutilate them. Sexual abusing the soldiers and beating the soldiers in age of 12-16 are strictly forbidden. The military regulations about the discipline, are trying to ensure the safety of soldiers from health damage, both mental and physical. That practice of hazing is called "the wave" (Polish: "fala", Czech and Slovak: "vlna", Slovenian: "val", Serbian: "талас" (talas)) or "reign of grandfathers" (Russian: "Дедовщина" (dedovshchina), Ukrainian: "Дідівщина" (didivshchyna), Belarussian: "Дзедаўшчына" (Dzedaushchyna)).

Concept of the word "the wave" came from the system of abusing soldiers in Polish Army during the communist period. It was a much lighter version of Russian dedovshchina. It stopped to exist, after the end of compulsive conscription in Third Polish Republic.
Last edited by Marsoslavia on Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
A nation of Slavic Mars' colonists who escaped from the nuclear apocalypse of Earth. We have not the Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space Communism (and we will never be gay). Our ideology.
The nation doesn't represent my views. It was created for artistic purposes and it's 0% political.
Current year: 2170.

Roedean
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Roedean » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:21 pm

Solitary confinement is our military's most common punishment.
Disclaimer: The nation of Roedean doesn't represent my actual political views. It's more of a parody.

Vallermoore
Senator

Founded: Mar 27, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Vallermoore » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:09 pm

Hazing as such is formally banned, but there have been cases where NCOs who dislike a private will punish other soldiers instead of said private, so the other soldiers beat the private that the officer dislikes later on when noone is watching.

For trivial military offences a soldier might get just told not to do it again, shouted at, or made to do a few press-ups. For more serious military offences a soldier might get fined, whipped, sent for a time to military prison or for the worst offences one can do in the military (murder and permanently paralysing an innocent person in peacetime/murder, permanently paralysing an innocent person, rape, treason and mutiny in war time) executed by hanging or firing squad.

Ideal Britain
Minister

Founded: Mar 31, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Ideal Britain » Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:44 am

Hazing is prohibited.
Military discipline includes:
Press-ups= Minor military discipline offences, idiotic comments
Court-martial=Serious offences or if the officer chooses to go to trial for a minor offence.
Amongst other things
An MT alt-history Britain.
Year: 2021

British mixed-race (white and South Asian) Muslim Pashtun, advocate of Islamic unity.

Sapporo Hyperspace Riftgate Laboratory
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 03, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sapporo Hyperspace Riftgate Laboratory » Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:52 am

Hazing is prohibited and is punished with a long march of 40 km per day while having to carry a backpack full of stone.
TEMPORARILY USING NSTATS DUE TO LACK OF FACTBOOKS, BUT I'M JUDGING YOU (F7ERS) BY YOUR FACTBOOKS.
<< TERRAN INTERSTELLAR ADMINISTRATION >>
Adminyztrasyn Vilstityr Rasyn

THEMES: Peace | Tension | War | Victory | Defeat | National Anthem
NATIONAL Q&A
"For a vast majority of its existence, mankind dreamed to reach the stars. Yet today, reaching the stars is made a reality through joint endeavor."
- Operations Director of the T.I.A., Hilbert Lachlan Silverwell

Prozitia
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 28, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Prozitia » Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:56 am

Hazing is prohibited. There's no united military to speak of, only semi-organised militias who work together during wartime. Discipline is mostly kept through cooperation rather than fear and hierarchy.
Last edited by Prozitia on Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
POSSUMUS!

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:28 pm

Hazing and sexual assault are prohibited with the punishment for hazing being anywhere from a demotion to a year in prison. Sexual assault results in an automatic dishonorable discharge and 7 year minimum prison sentence.

However limited hazing during boot camp is allowed
Last edited by Thermodolia on Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Bangsamoro Rojo
Secretary

Founded: Jan 29, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bangsamoro Rojo » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:31 am

Hazing as it is commonly understood is not tolerated in the Bangsamoro Liberation Army, even if some forms of what may be called non-judicial punishment toe the line.
Puppet of the New Visayan Islands, typically used for fluff purposes.

Naturally, this does not represent my actual beliefs.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information